[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ep 7 sucked. The characters were surprisingly great but everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 1450317120373.gif (1 MB, 400x469) Image search: [Google]
1450317120373.gif
1 MB, 400x469
Ep 7 sucked. The characters were surprisingly great but everything else was lame. WHERE WERE THE STAR WIPES ?????
>>
>>63769134
There were no wipes? FUCKING DROPPED
>>
I agree, its so overhyped and it didn't really deliver.

I feel no sympathy or connection to the new characters.
>>
Spoonfed me with homages to ANH, Empire and ROTJ. Not a single memorable moment to make me ever want to watch it again. The Han scene fell so flat. The acting was good but writing was awful again. The "backstorys" we we're told about would have been more interesting than what I just saw.
>>
No wipes? Are you fucking kidding me? I thought that was one of the things JJ promised.
>>
>the characters were surprisingly great

all of the good or interesting characters got way less screen time than they should have, Rey was fucking horrible, Kylo's performance was good but his character was fucking annoying, Finn was tolerable.
>>
>>63769432
>Rey was fucking horrible, Kylo's performance was good but his character was fucking annoying, Finn was tolerable.

are you trolling?

Rey was fine. it was acted well and she didn't fuck around too much. most of her scenes involve sounding knowledgeable and doing what needs to be done. nothing wrong with that

Kylo is fine. i thought it was great how he made a choice in the way he did and admitted he was conflicted before he did what he had to do. i thought he appeared really innept in a lot of scenes which was kinda shit but ok

finn is pretty annoying. all his jokes fell flat. you're infiltrating the death star during a major surface attack and you're cracking one liners? fuck off.
>>
lol.

I was actually expecting star wipes and stuff. Even though underage b& laugh when they see them in the O.T. now.
>>
File: 1450151420236.png (1 MB, 1059x647) Image search: [Google]
1450151420236.png
1 MB, 1059x647
The good:
>plot
>characters
>solid first 15 minutes
>the good nostalgia parts
>good jokes/humor

The bad:
>not subtle nostalgia
>middle was very boring
>pacing was way off
>no wipes or transition
>hans confrontation was so underwhelming,

The ugly:
>the ending
>blowing up the star killer was under whelming
>there was literally no tension in the movie
>I couldn't give a fuck about what was happening at times
>Snokes CG is awful, the camera angles made it look like an XBOX cut scene
>The final light saber duel wasn't good
>Too much blood for Star Wars
>It wasn't fun
>wasn't held together very well

Preference:
>too many land battles, not enough space battles
>music kind of sucked
>felt stretched out in the middle

6.5/10
>>
>>63769134

>they didn't make it so that it was episode 10 and then they do 11 and 12 and then go back and do 7,8,9 and we know how things happened

Jesus JewJew can you even pottery?
>>
So did they get rid of Lucs role in the film? Where did this pic come from ?
>>
>>63771450
>music kind of sucked

I don't think that even comes down to preference, the music was the worst of the entire franchise. The prequels were horrible films with amazing score. This just fell fucking flat
>>
>>63772223
That pic happens in the movie right at the very end. He turns around and slowly, removes his hood and reveals himself as old man luke.
>>
>>63769134
There were wipes. I remember the scene when they arrive on the main battlecrusier.
>>
>>63771450
These are my exact feelings.

However, I'd say it was solid until Starkiller Base was introduced. The Maz Kanata act was good.

Also, there were definitely a couple of wipes. There was even this one that evolved into smoke.
>>
>>63772531
Honestly I think it is a mistake taking George entirely out of the picture. Disney can stand up to him.

There was so much "contemporary" bullshit in this. There were times I thought I was watching LOST or THE 100. These movies need Lucas.

Take for example Kylo Ren. This character had so much potential. I really think if they had let Lucas at least help out it would have seemed less ... TEEN SHOW. I really felt like I was watching THE 100 or some cookie cutter TV teen drama. Darth Maul is a 100 times more bad ass than Kylo .
>>
>>63771450
>final lightsaber battle wasn't good

That's why I liked it. It looked like some untrained jerks doing their best, like it should've, rather than super choreographed twirly prequel fights
>>
>>63772223
> No Rey saying "Luke... Luke Skywalker" and the cloaked figure saying "Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time" before turning around and removing the hood
>>
>>63772829
This movie almost felt like a parody. The audience was laughing nearly every five minutes. BB-8's humor was the only one I enjoyed.
The ONLY callback I liked was the bit calling the Falcon garbage. It was the only non-forced joke in the entire movie.
>>
>>63771450
>>The final light saber duel wasn't good

Shit taste my friend the light saber duel was amazing

Seeing two amateurs hack at each other was infinitly better than the CGI ultra coregraphed backflip CGI duels

Reminded me of two RoTJ lukes fighting each other
>>
File: empire.jpg (68 KB, 1903x847) Image search: [Google]
empire.jpg
68 KB, 1903x847
There was also very little ascetically profound cinematography in this movie. Click around Jedi or Empire.
Pic related.
>>
>>63773254
>>63773020
I didn't mean it like that. I meant there was NO TENSION. There was no feeling.
>>
Thoughts:

>Phasma was the worst employed character
>this definitely feels more like a Star Wars film than the prequels but doesn't contain the original trilogy's mystique and wonder and being slightly too fast paced
>action action action action
>you can see the clear groundwork this film set in developing the story through the characters for the next films. Each character contains some level of complexity far better than the prequels ever did
>lots of jump cuts during light saber duels -- didn't contain the fluidity and natural feel of the original trilogy, yet not as ridiculous as the prequels
>Poe was slightly too witty
>Ren hitting shit whenever he was upset wasn't a great way of demonstrating him as a rising sith apprentice
>Hux was the best villain in the film
>Rey's accent wasn't as bad as expected
>Harrison Ford looked like he was enjoying the role
>sloppy way of introducing Luke's light saber
>the last scene should have been cut
>Ren / Rey duel was excellent aside from the Abrams-tier canyon developing between them

That's all I can think of right now
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 600x315
If dubs then Kylo Ren will now be referred to as "jewbacca"
>>
File: Charlie.jpg (16 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
Charlie.jpg
16 KB, 264x240
>>63771450
>plot
>good

It was literally the first movie with a few more plot holes.
>>
>>63773374
I feel like there could've been more tension if the rebels failed to destroy the star killer and it had actually succeeded in firing and wiping out the majority of the rebels
>>
>>63769177
There were some.
>>
>"Snoke"
>>
File: 1449796576005.jpg (51 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
1449796576005.jpg
51 KB, 676x673
>>63773440
>>
>>63771450
There were wipes you fucking idiot, what are you talking about?
>>
>>63771450

>plot
>good

kill yourself
>>
>>63769134
he didn't do the wipes?
WHAT THE FUCK
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.