[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: f6KkXYd.jpg (56 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
f6KkXYd.jpg
56 KB, 405x600
List of thing that went wrong with Star Wars : The Force Awakens.

I'll start :

1 - Rey, with no proper jedi training, taking Kylo Ren head on anddefeating him.

What the fuck ? Is this a Disney film ?
>>
Kylo Ren has no proper Jedi (Sith) training either.

Sometimes I wonder if you retards even watched the fucking movie.
>>
>>63762029
didn't luke train him ? And from the looks of it, he practices force and sword on constant basis(slashing the controls, choking random dudes, stopping laser beams etc).

Your remark about retards not watching the film is pretty ironic.
>>
>>63762029
but he was adept enough to stop a bolt in mid air. Could Luke in Empire could have done the same with minimal training? No. yet here comes Rey, a veritable nobody, who out forces a guy who was able to stop a bolt in the air. bravo Jar Jar Abrahams.
>>
Wouldn't it be easier to name things that went right? Cause then it'd be limited to Oscar Isaac being based as fuck
>>
>>63761936
>>63762258
Rey is actually a jedi sleeper cell mind-wiped by Luke. Calling it now.
>>
>>63761936
R2 turns himself back on again for no apparent reason. Can Droids sense the force too, now?

Rey can use Jedi mind tricks with 0 training

Luke ran off like a bitch rather than facing the problems head-on. Completely unlike the character from the OT.

There is too little screen time with Poe, the chemistry between him and Finn is better than any Finn/Rey scene.

Off the top of my head.
>>
>>63762324
Then they should have said so in the first movie. that's shitty story telling. "Oh, all that impossible shit she did in the first movie will be revealed to have been sealed in her subconscious by Luke years before, and we'll reveal as to how and why during the following two movies."

that's like showing a random guy in the matrix suddenly can control machines and see matrix code without explaining anything about the one and the prophesy.

Bravo Jar Jar Abrahams.
>>
Does Scotland exist in space wars?
>>
>>63761936

It makes sense, to be honest. She's a Disney princess after all.
>>
>>63762106
>didn't luke train him ?
No

>he practices force and sword
Sure but that doesn't mean he gets better by repeating the same action over and over again, and in the case of Force Powers, without any type of resistance to actually improve them. Rey also has experience in using a melee weapon inferred by her living conditions and the scene where the goons try to apprehend BB-8 at the start. Also consider that Ren's storm troopers can do lots of the dirty work leaving him not as experienced as you'd think.

>Your remark about retards not watching the film is pretty ironic.
Well if people are still complaining about this they simply don't understand the movie as well as others. This is just a simple appearance vs. reality theme where the intimidating, masked light sword-wielding guy is actually at an equal footing as a hardened nobody (also female).

>>63762258
The bolt is a good point, but if you're over 18 and think the "Force" (aka Space Magic) plays by any rules then you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>63762538
bullshit. Rey all of a sudden, and with no fucking training, was suddenly better at force usage than a guy who stopped a fucking bolt, in, mid, air. Force users has more dexterity and stamina than a regular person. Anakin and Obi Wan fought in a humungous fucking volcano for the better part of a half hour while leaping and jumping and running about trying to kill each other, for miles.

But suddenly Rey, a strong wimen, was able to fuck up a force fucking user who was strong enough to stop a bolt, in mid air using the very same force---an impressive force ability and one that was highly impressive not to mention probably took a lot of training and focus to pull off but frozen was able to do so with no training because she believed in herself?................fuck Disney and Jar Jar stinks Abums.
>>
Did you fucks really not understand that he was trying to get her to be his apprentice? And he still needed the map to Luke from her, so why kill her?
>>
>>63761936
Look I think the movies shit. From the Star Killer to the fucking talking lightsaber.

But you did notice he got shot by a crossbow blaster that took out storm troopers in one hit and sent them flying 5 meters away?

So I'd say most of his force powers are him trying to keep his blood from leaving his body.
>>
>>63762859
This. Retards here don't even pay fucking attention. Plus he was shot by Chewbacca in the abdomen literally 1 minute before the fight. He was bleeding and hobbling all over the place
>>
File: 1450011491503.png (127 KB, 795x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450011491503.png
127 KB, 795x1000
A quote from the media

JJ… probably doesn’t remember telling me that my performance was wooden. This was the first day! And I honestly wanted to die. I thought I was gonna cry. I couldn’t breathe. And there was so many crew there, because obviously all the creatures [had stand-ins], and there were loads of extra crew making sure everyone was safe because it was so hot. It was awful.

Well after having watched them movie. I wonder how fucking wooden she was before because holy fuck she was mary wooden sue.
>>
>>63762708

Ren was hurt from Chewie's bow who was portrayed as fucking powerful like 10 times in the film.

He also got poked on his shoulder by Finn.

It wasn't a choreographed fight, it was two people without jedi training wailing at each other with swords and one was hurt as fuck. Stop wanting to hate the film and admit you liked it.
>>
>>63762964
I don't think if you remember playing Star Wars games but all the ones I remember had a Crossbow that could charge but a huge blaster shot that did tons of damage. It seems they did that in the film. You can best see it when Solo takes Chewies Crossbow and starts charging it before firing it at the storm trooper.
>>
>>63761936
to be honest kylo ren looks like some filler of jedi so dont think it is really hard to beat him in his current level
>>
>>63761936

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2ET-ujgKU

Pretty much all my complaints.
>>
>>63762538

1 - Luke did actually train him. The reason why he went to exile is because his student turned to Dark side.

2 - Practice makes perfect, so yes, him practicing his sword play and force powers makes him more experienced and better over time. Especially compared to someone who had none of those.
Even if you discard every one of those, Kylo is still someone who has the reaction speed and force adeptness to stop a laser bolt coming from a blind angle.

3 - Its a fucking Disney Film. There is nothing not to understand.

Try to reach more. Sky is the limit.
>>
Why won't you stormweenies learn? Women are just as strong and capable and I'm glad Disney had the bravery to make rey a truly strong character. No one complained when anakin was piloting a starfighter at age 5. I guess that's make privilege.
>>
My issue was when the droids went over to R2 and then C3-PO was like "oh there's no way that he would have a backup of Luke's location HINT HINT HINT HINT", but I may have been listening wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_muq67cnHsm1slrocqo1_1280.jpg (352 KB, 1200x899) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muq67cnHsm1slrocqo1_1280.jpg
352 KB, 1200x899
>>63763152
When you're trolling at least don't make mistakes.

It's male not make.
>>
He got shot by Chewbacca minutes before the fight.
He was emotionally unstable from the event that happened just before.
>>
>>63761936

REY WAS ONE OF LUKE'S STUDENTS

SHE HAD HER MEMORY ERASED

HER CHARACTER IS INSPIRED BY DARTH REVAN
>>
File: fascimile.jpg (92 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
fascimile.jpg
92 KB, 600x450
>>63763012
Haven't seen the movie yet, but this guy seems to be in disbelief that she could battle Vader's grandson in a lightsaber battle, but isn't she Vader's granddaughter?.... Seems like if they are cousins or whatever, he shouldn't have too much of an advantage, or am I missing something?
>>
>>63763471

Its because he's had training and she is less skilled than luke at the end of ANH. Vader kicked Luke's ass all the way until ESB and he's a prodigy.
>>
>>63763152
I know it's bait but did you really miss all the people complaining that the kid was a retard in the film? Really?

I know the feminist shit is strong, but I didn't think it made you literally blind.
>>
File: storwors.png (190 KB, 400x1000) Image search: [Google]
storwors.png
190 KB, 400x1000
All the rhyming and poetry.
>>
>>63762964
who told you Kylo didn't have any Jedi training? he was trained enough to stop a bolt in the air. Rey was the only odd one who didn't belong. and how she did what she did made little to no sense, at all.
>>
>>63761936
probably the most major

making Luke run away from his fuck up. Luke is now forever ruined.
>>
>>63763091
His dark side student is probably Snoke, Leia literally mentioned that Snoke got to him before she could get Luke to train him
>>
>>63764150

Implying Luke ran away and that he isn't up to something of great importance that will save everyone
>>
>>63761936
Didnt Kylo Ren taje a shit from Chewbaccas big ass gun? He was hurt and bleeding all over the place. Id say his abilities were somewhat compromised. Plus, he never had to face off against someone with force powers before.
>>
>>63764315
or he could have just dragged Kylo's ass back home and rekt the First Order with Poe and Han.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.