[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that every time I watch a movie with Nic Cage in it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1429764326443.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1429764326443.gif
2 MB, 177x150
Why is it that every time I watch a movie with Nic Cage in it I get drawn into watching the whole thing even if the movie itself is dogshit?
>>
Because he's a great actor that's really ahead of his time. He makes the performance itself a source of entertainment, rather than the product that the performance contributes to. This means many of his movies end up shitty and it's partly his fault, but it's still a damn good time.
>>
Joe was 2013 moty for me.
>>
I like how in BL: Port of Call, every time he says the guy's name G. He has this funny little laugh and scoffs.
>>
>>63756105
Because his overacting is always entertaining even if the movie is dogshit
>>
>>63758014
Maybe his character's way of thinking he wishes he was as gangsta as me?
>>
Nic Cage movies are comfy as fuck
>>
Actors like Nic Cage and Arnold Schwarzenegger turn bad movies into so-bad-they're-good movies because the actors themselves are entertaining.
>>
>>63756105
Same here. I have an inexplicable lust for Nick. He's not particularly handsome, he overacts everything and stars mostly in low-budget shits, yet I feel compelled to watch his every movie. Last month I watched The Runner and Pay The Ghost. Both were awful but I had a good time simply because of Nick's soothing presence.
>>
Nic Cage isn't a bad actor, he's just in bad movies.

Except National Treasure. He was an autistic Indiana Jones.
>>
File: spreadout shitter.png (4 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
spreadout shitter.png
4 KB, 640x480
>both main characters are Nic Cage

Adaptation was a fun movie
>>
Nic is a good investment for directors.
>>
File: cage.jpg (20 KB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
20 KB, 640x270
>>63756105
Because he's literally a wizard
How do you think he keeps getting roles?
>>
I love the ocd guy he played in Matchstick Man. Plus that qt was a compliment to the movie.
>>
>>63759225
>Adaptation

Thank you for bringing this movie up family. It was so bad I couldn't stop watching it. Horrible dialogues, so corny that for a while I thought I was watching a comedy. An impressive trainwreck. It boggles my mind how this could get an Oscar. A proof that critics will eat any shit up, as long Meryl Streep has anything to do with it.
>>
Why can't he get a good movie, fuck
>>
>>63759143
Except He, Jesus and Stallone couldn't make that prison movie anything but shit.
>>
>>63759013
not face/off though, i was on the edge of my seat the whole time
>>
>>63759456
I actually thought it was a comedy for a good 30 minutes or so, couldnt take it seriously at any point
The concept behind it is pretty neat tho, shame it had to be visualized in such a manner
>>
>>63756105
power rank

Leaving Las Vegas
Adaptation
The Weather Man
It Could Happen To You
Matchstick Man
Bringing Out The Dead
8mm
Bad Lieutenant Port of Call N.Orleans
Joe
Lord of War
Moonstruck
Vampire's Kiss

Leaving Las Vegas probably one my fav movie to rewatch,
RIP the original book author tho, suicide before actually seeing the adaptation
>>
Pyramid
Power
>>
>>63759456

it is a comedy you brain dead retard fuck face cunt
>>
Lynch should remake Blue Velvet with Cage as Frank Booth,

Frank character is strange as fuck, no remorse, no second thought, nothing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.