[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEAST OF NO NATION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: NzaAz.jpg (115 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
NzaAz.jpg
115 KB, 960x540
What do y'all think of Beast of No Nation?
>>
>>63754013
BIG
>>
>>63754013
8/10 one of the best movies of the year. Beautifully shot.

The child rape scene was pretty brutal

>s-strykah ;__;
>>
KINGZ
>>
>>63754013
Idris elba was an absolute genius in this movie. He completely disappeared and turned into the commandant.

Def one of my favourite movies at all time. Both idris and fukuyama need to make another movie of this nature.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA-qSlWfP1E

that bridge taking scene. Shit the commandant got me pumped.
>>
>>63754193
Pumped by BBC?
>>
>>63754193
the look me in the eyes modafucka soundtrack sounds like it should be on interstellar but it works here
>>
Who /ting/ here?
>>
How's the soundtrack in this movie?
I might watch it tonight
>>
>>63754013
Read the book, don't need to watch a movie of it.
>>
File: 1432572744783.jpg (43 KB, 479x530) Image search: [Google]
1432572744783.jpg
43 KB, 479x530
>>63754376
>>
>>63754013
Normal movie. Nothing special.
>>
>>63754376
ur a faget
>>
niggers are disease

that naked nignog with big machine gun though, made me laugh pretty hard

Also everyone jerking over Stringer but kid actors were better.
>>
strikah do you wanna eat this boy?
What is this ting
>>
Movie was an emotional rollercoaster. def a 9/10 in my books. Idris is a phenomenol actor
>>
>>63754158
>Idris elba was an absolute genius in this movie. He completely disappeared and turned into the commandant.
This so much. I only saw the commandant.
>>
>>63754483
>hating on a movie because it features a cast of africans
>not expanding your horizons beyond boring and overly churned out white hollywood movies

this movie was refreshing and I'm glad i didn't have to see a white face like always. Everything about it was great. The shooting was inspirational, the soundtrack was beautiful, idris elba's acting was spot on.

We basically saw a transitioning agu from a happy child to a child soldiers and the atmosphere of the scenery and the emotions in the kids face was perfectly matched.

Even the ending is hard to determine if it was happy or not.
>>
The gore was pretty amazing at some points. Agu's brother laying face down with his head all messed up after they tried to run from the execution looked super realistic
>>
The second half was a mess, and it's understandable after I read that Fukunaga was tired as fuck during the shooting in Africa, to the point where he even forgot to shoot some scenes.
>>
File: WhoKilledCaptainAlex_web.jpg (61 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
WhoKilledCaptainAlex_web.jpg
61 KB, 500x303
I didn't understand it at all.
I thought at first that it was a sequel to Who Killed Captain Alex because it appeared to have the same cast, but the plot and tone were completely different.
It also looked like it had a much higher budget, which doesn't make sense considering the relatively modest earnings of Captain Alex.

Can someone help me out here?
>>
>>63754013
Amazing movie, amazing cast, underused theme, I felt a real attachment to the characters, Elba is amazing as always.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.