[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jurassic World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Jurassicwhogivesashit.png (2 MB, 2128x956) Image search: [Google]
Jurassicwhogivesashit.png
2 MB, 2128x956
So this has been bothering me for months and I kinda just want to let it out.

In Jurassic Park, everything looks like it is from 1993, and they managed that shit with the technology they had.

In Jurassic World, which supposedly takes place 22 years after the first movie, 2015, everything looks like it's from fuckin' 2100 or some shit.

So either there is some inexplicably rapid advance in technology in a mere 22 years in the Jurassic World universe, or it's the year 2078 in Jurassic Park and they cloned dinosaurs using extremely obsolete technology.

I realize if I'm able to suspend my disbelief enough to watch dinosaurs eating people, I should be able to do so with the technology, but I just can't man. Maybe I'm autistic.
>>
>>63753953
I was too busy fantasizing about the redhead to notice tbqh
>>
>>63753985
think about what her father looks like, that'll kill any erection you've got
>>
>>63753953
Jurassic Park is based on Chrichton's novel, and most of his stuff had enough of a ground in reality for you to suspend your disbelief
>>
File: image.jpg (638 KB, 1200x1884) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
638 KB, 1200x1884
>>63754218
It's... Not... ENOUGH
>>
>>63753953
me too OP
i hate how rampant 'future' technology is in movies and video games nowadays, it's really just getting old.
>>
>>63753953
Jurassic Park is basically our world.

Jurassic World is an alt universe where technology evolved based on the sci-fi advancements in Jurassic Park.
>>
>>63753953
It just looked like a theme park. Outside of the dinosaurs nothing in the movie would look out of place at Disney World.
>>
I hate this. Everything that happens in "current time" now has to look like some super futuristic scifi shit. The fighter jets from the Independence Day sequel, for example. Looks like they ripped it from a call of duty game.

F-18 Superhornets aren't badass enough for today's ADD-infected aspie kids, apparently.
>>
>>63755132
they stole alien tech in independence day you mong
>>
>>63755132
>The fighter jets from the Independence Day sequel, for example. Looks like they ripped it from a call of duty game.
Thats because the cunts in Independence Day Sequel utilized Ayy Lmao tech in their new fighters: which can fucking go to space btw.
>>
>>63755196
>we used our technology to destroy their technology
>lets use their technology even though we've just proven to ourselves it's flawed
>>
>>63755114
did you forget the holograms or something
>>
>>63753953
Funny how the old Jurassic Park logo looks more minimalist and modern than the Jurassic World one
>>
>>63753953
Yeah, I hate that to.
>>
>>63755290
what bothers me the most is that everything has to be blue and grey now, even a fucking logo
>>
>>63755159
>>63755196
They said in the original the tech from the Roswell crash helped them create all of our current technology - cell phones, personal computers, etc.

How they gonna create super advanced technology with a bunch of the same crap we've had since the 1940s?
>>
>>63753953
I always thought that, like the book, Jurassic Park took place in a different universe where people cared more about genetic engineering. The way the computers DO NOT work like how they really would have worked in 93 either, by the way.

Either way, Jurassic World is 22 years later in a world where they were able to clone dinos, so it's a different universe with different advances in technology. I really don't see an issue.
>>
>jurassic park in futur

no
>>
Technology advances fast man, cellphones were something rare, these days everyone, even people in shitty countries like Brazil have one.

I know dinossaurs and cellphones aren't the same thing, but my point is the same: once the basics is know things goes forward.
>>
>>63755284
Holograms do exist anon.
>>
>>63755387
Watch the film again. When they found the fighter the power had gone so it only had limited use.

Area 51 was busy making huge fucking research gains until Will Smith arrived, because the craft they owned turned on.

The president even yells at them for calling it exciting.
>>
Just read the book you mongrel
>>
>>63755488
22 yea to get to hybrid genetic animals? And no mentions of GMO superfoods that eliminated world hunger? Anime not real with the power of science? This all sounds fishy to me man
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.