[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let me get this straight, the new villains of Star Wars are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: forceawakens24-xlarge.jpg (69 KB, 985x1280) Image search: [Google]
forceawakens24-xlarge.jpg
69 KB, 985x1280
So let me get this straight, the new villains of Star Wars are

>Adolf Huxler
>Kylo 'Edgelord' Ren
>Captain 'I'm only in this movie for SJW purposes' Phasma
and
>Kim Jong Snoke?
>>
Yes.
>>
Honestly I liked Hux and Ren more than any other characters but that's not saying much.
>>
>>63743465
>but thats not saying much

there's that meme again
>>
>>63743465
Why did you like Hux? I honestly thought he was one of the worst parts, everything considered.
>>
>>63743512
Not that anon, but for once a general wasn't spineless puppet, it was actually a character.
He was likeable in how he actually believed in his men (fucking stormtroopers, man) and was devoted to the cause.
>>
14/88
>>
>>63743363
>villains
THE FIRST ORDER DID NOTHING WRONG.
>>
>>63743363
At least the prequels had Sheev.
In this trainwreck not even the villains are salvageable.
>>
>>63743512

I liked the way they seemed to try their best at filling in the roles that would be filled by more seasoned characters if the Empire was still around (Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin) while still being their own characters; Ren being an untrained edgelord and Hux being more passionate about the organisation. Both were decently written and acted and I enjoyed their pseudo-sibling rivalry.
>>
>no-one really cares that Han dies, only Chewbacca (!) really emotes, Leia doesn't even cry
>Kylo's motivation makes no real sense, seems to hate his parents for no real reason apart from edgelord
>new empire has 90% of Luke's travel but doesnt just search the one section of map they don't have
>starkiller doesnt really do anything that a Death Star can't, and it takes an entire sun to power it
>blow up Coruscant for some reason
>everyone leaves their enemies alone for no reason (everyone to Kylo, Kylo to Finn, then Rey to Kylo again)
>everyone apart from the bad guys do literally nothing for 3 decades
>Poe and Finn crash, Poe is presumed dead and then magically appears with no explanation
>R2 reawakens with no explanation
>Anakin's/Luke's lightsabre magically appears with no explanation
>General Hux (?) is some terrible fucking casting, almost as bad as Kylo
>Why does Kylo wear the mask?
>Kylo being Han and Leia's son is revealed rather mundanely
>no real light sabre duels, cutaway during at least one of them
>strange editing and pacing in general
>millenium falcon can enter star killer via warp drive, disables the shield so everyone else can get through, despite entry being possible anyway
>Kylo is particularly difficult to understand, most people speak quite muffled
>terrible attempts at humour, though delivery was good
>pretty bad acting from most involved
>Luke doesn't even speak, just gaped at Rey like she was naked
>good guys avoid fire by just running/flying in a straight line

I liked it.
>>
>Phasma is totally going to be the next Boba Fett
>Gets rugby tackled by Chewie, turned into the heroes bitch and then shoved into a waste disposal
>>
>>63743622
I liked how he defended stolen children over clones.

I wonder how much he kept for himself.
>>
>>63743870

>i liked it

EPIC yo!! fuark ye!!
>>
File: Veers.jpg (15 KB, 271x398) Image search: [Google]
Veers.jpg
15 KB, 271x398
>>63743363
Aren't you a little young to be a general?

Is everyone in the new Empire a bunch of angsty teenagers and faggots?
>>
>>63745395
It's the Hunger Games in space.
What did you expect?
>>
>>63743870
blow up coruscant??! you serious mate that planet has zillions of people. damn
>>
What kind of fucking name is Snoke
>>
>>63743363
I thought Phasma was pretty cool.
>>
>>63745469
Nah, it wasn't Coruscant. That would mean that the "artistic freedom" for the next one would be "limited"
>>
>>63743363

>Bydlo Ben
>>
>>63745509
It was Coruscant. I seen it happen.
>>
>>63745509
it was a gigantic ass fuckin city planet, having some other completely unrelated gigantic ass fuckin city planet get blowed up would be unnecessarily confusing and frustrating for your average mouthbreather

Effects during that sequence were damn nice too
>>
I feel like a retard for even asking this:

We see Snoke pictured as a giant. All throughout the movie I actually thought that was his real size. But afterwards I realized it's just the projection right?
He's not really a big guy?
>>
>>63746259
i assume so, because imagine how big his lightsaber must be
>>
>>63743870
This. Fucking this. Especially with the edgelord part, like wtf some kind of teenager angst?
>>
>>63743465
>Hux
You mean the aptly named General Not-Appearing-In-This-Movie
>>
>>63743870
I thought it was interesting that both Oscar Isaacs and Domhnall Gleeson were in "Ex Machina" and now they're both in Star Wars.
>>
>>63743806
This could be entirely true since the movie does nothing to actually explain how the First Order operates or what their beliefs are. Same with the Resistence. I guess Star Wars fans are just that scared of politics.
>>
Execute Order 88
>>
>>63743966
Just like Boba Fett desu
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.