[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coruscant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: coruscant.jpg (698 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
coruscant.jpg
698 KB, 1600x1067
Was coruscant one of the planets the starkiller blew up?
Does that mean they actually killed off Jar Jar?
>>
Jar Jar lives on Naboo now.
He even has the last like in RotJ when he yells out WESSA FREE.
>>
Yeah they said it was the Republic capital
>>
>>63743170
>buildings all over the place
>no continuity
>different architecture
this is what americans think of a futuristic city with no zoning laws or planning permission
>>
>>63743170

Coruscant was one of the best things about star wars.

>those backdrops comfy as fuck
>>
File: Untitled.png (72 KB, 1074x698) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72 KB, 1074x698
>>63743170
>>63743198

No.
>>
>>63743269

autistpedia puts that under the canon tag and not the legends tag, but is there anything to support that notion?
>>
>>63743236
It looks like all the major European cities, where most of it are these nice looking 4-6 story buildings that use classical architecture but then suddenly there's just a couple of random modern skyscrapers in the middle of them all

Seriously, fuck you Zurich, get rid of those 3 buildings. They look like shit and completely ruin the skyline.
>>
>>63743279
Yes, they mention Chandrila being destroyed by name
>>
So the first order murdered like, 400 quadrillion people, right?
>>
>>63743279

>apprentices
>two new canon books that Disney released for "the road to the force awakens"

Wow its like your a retard that does not know how to use a wiki.
>>
Better question is why should anyone give a shit, just be ause its a good guy planet? Sorry i dont give a shit if dexter jettsters son just opened a 70s style nightclub and it was the first day of business
>>
man why am I on this webstie

I have a job

I have a degree

I have a higher IQ than 99% of this site

I have a girlfriend

I have a house and a car

I have friends

People like me in real life

Women smile at me for no reason

It's only on this website the vitriol comes out of me, and I think it's because I'm surrounded by idiots trying to talk about movies here.

I'm not going to be here tomorrow. I've forgotten what I have in common with you retards, and I don't feel like remembering.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (90 KB, 1082x814) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
90 KB, 1082x814
>>63743290
>How you want your skyline?
>Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>63743236

>implying cities in the future will be built all at once and not many buildings over time with different requirements and aesthetics
>>
jj said he thought about including jar jar's skeleton in one of the jakku market shots, but didn't

does this mean jar jar is canonically dead, just not mentioned in the film?
>>
>>63743412
>I dont understand zoning laws
>I dont understand planning permission
>>
>>63743371
>I have a higher IQ than 99% of this site
sauce me fãm
>>
>>63743371
You'll be back. They always come back. Like butterflies to a rotting corpse.

The catharsis is too great, and you know, in you soul, you are us.
>>
>>63743437
>I don't understand that this not Earth and will not have the same laws.
>>
>>63743501
>i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>63743509
no u
>>
No. Wasn't it the Hosnia system or something?
>>
>>63743501
it would have something equivalent Im sure. They have a large senate for fucks sake
>>
It's Chandrila, the capitol of the New Republic
>>
>>63743236
>different architecture
It's basically London. You can walk from one street to the next and go from the Roman Empire to the 21st century.
>>
It's neither Chandrila nor Coruscant.
It's the Hosnia Prime in the Hosnian System. They say it in the movie.
It has some sort of ideological meaning to the Republic. Like blowing up the statue of liberty
>>
>>63743648
it does have a sort eclectic style though, plus most skyscrapers are set to 2 districts districts
>>
File: ragelantern.jpg (133 KB, 560x350) Image search: [Google]
ragelantern.jpg
133 KB, 560x350
>>63743371
FUCK NORMIES!
FUCK OF!
>>
>>63743705
I guarantee you most American 20-somethings would cheer if Lady Liberty were bombed.
>>
File: lucas_2005.jpg (12 KB, 347x513) Image search: [Google]
lucas_2005.jpg
12 KB, 347x513
>>63743253
>comfy
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 714x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 714x574
>>63743371
See you tomorrow desu f a m
>>
>>63743777
>memes
>>
I hate how the characters barely reacted to billions of people dying. The entire scene was really short and was never mentioned afterwards.
>>
>>63743197
>He yells out WESSA FREE
Doesn't he also throw his hands in the air violently?
What does that look like?
I propose, he was mind tricking the entire galaxy into thinking they were free, so they won't see the coming of the First Order, of which he's in charge.
>>
>>63743371
are you me?
I come here to shitpost as it helps me unwind
>>
>>63743957
It's poetry with ANH when Leia gave no fucks about Alderaan.
It's bad on purpose :^)
>>
>capital planet is destroyed
>trillions die
>government is no more
>all in 10 seconds of screen time
>no one gives a flying fuck
>>
>>63743957
How would you react right now If you found out China and India got completely wiped out

No memeing, how do you genuinely think you would react

Because [TRIGGER WARNING] the reality is, you probably wouldn't care that much. It would be sad, you'd be taken back and in shock, but life goes on.
>>
>>63744044
That will have a huge economic backwash on the World for decades to go. That you won't miss. Shit can easily start a war or two.
>>
>>63743978
How the fuck would I be you? Kill yourself with your retarded internet phrases. You must be the kind of person that replies to posts with "This" and doesn't add anything else to the conversation.

I will never understand why millennials are so shit at being productive and interesting members of groups. Everything with you people is a copy of copy of a tribute to a homage to a stolen idea. Use your own fucking brain for once, kiddo.
>>
>>63744126
seek help
>>
>>63744122

But that impact won't be seen until later, it's not instantaneous that shit breaks up

the rest of the movie takes place over the course of a couple hours as far as I can tell, it's possible they'll explore the ramifications of those planets being destroyed in the next movie if they really were so important to the active galactic government or whatever - or they might ignore it since they want to avoid being a movie about politics like the prequels
>>
>>63744126
Taking phrases literally is a literal sign of autism, just letting you know.
>>
>>63743429
Of course not, Jar Jar is Snoke's Sith master.
>>
>office buildings
>not just using the force to fill out paperwork over great distances.
>>
>>63743429

Even if he did that people would argue it was just a random goongan and not jar jar
>>
File: doc.jpg (38 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
doc.jpg
38 KB, 1280x544
>>63743371
Wow you sound like one cool dude
>>
>>63743236
>No planning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hbNP13WLS8
>>
>>63744044
>implying that wouldn't be a good thing
>>
>>63743371
>None of this is true: the post
>>
>>63743371
i just come here when im taking a shit. or to talk about the knick or the sopranos.
>>
>>63743170
No, it was mon mothma's home system. Don't remember what it was called.
>>
File: 1448112213220.png (154 KB, 383x360) Image search: [Google]
1448112213220.png
154 KB, 383x360
>>63743371
Is this pasta?
>>
>>63743371
i know that feel bro

i hate everybody here and have for years now

it was amusing when i was 15 but not anymore

i don't need these fucks in my life any longer
>>
is there a webm of that scene?
>>
JJ is so anti-prequels hes more or less eliminated Courascant, because it's associated with the prequels.

The whole SW universe has been grossly simplified.
>>
>>63743253

Even the MMO version back when it's the Old Republic is pretty damn cool. I used to sit there near the Senate building just to watch all the traffic flying by and taking in the skyline.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.