[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok, WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SHIPS? X-Wings and standard TIEs? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
ok, WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SHIPS?
X-Wings and standard TIEs? What the hell. The original trilogy had A, B and Y-Wings and 4 different TIEs. We get a glimpse at a star destroyer and then...nothing. That's just lazy. Also stupid. It's Christmas and kids want their Lego starships.
The end battle was lame, too.
Can't J.J. write space battles?
Also, Star Wars ship thread.
>>
Majority of their fleet is gone.
>>
>>63741497
>ok, WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SHIPS?

Sequestration
>>
I want to know why a new fighter hasn't been developed after 30 years between films
>>
Someone explain to me whats the difference between the republic and the resistance
>>
>>63741631
The republic is a weak government that can't do shit just like in the first prequel. The resistance is a military organization that wants to destroy the First Order, another military organization.
>>
>>63741578
Top kek

But seriously, it's just the kike producers at Disney and their pet cuck shill JJ having no interest/clue about the universe other than superficial shit like X-wings vs tie fighters, etc.

They have no love for the franchise other than as a "Guardians of the galaxy 2.0" with which to make more shekels.

The based EU had plenty of designs that could have been pulled wholesale into the new trilogy. E-wings and V-wings, and B/Y-wings vs tie interceptors/defenders and skipray blastboats would have kicked ass, desu senpai.

It was all there for the taking, but le happy merchants at Disney don't even know how to do toyetic/marketing production design right.
>>
>>63741497
The resistance isn't The Rebellion/New Republic
>>
>>63741630
according to wookipedia the x-wings are actually different models senpai
>>
>>63741631

Resistance is a militia created by Leia and was funded by the Republic to fight the First Order.

Republic was the same as the prequels.
>>
>>63741736
New Republic: Soviet Union
Resistance: Vietcong.
>>
Jews like J.J. just don't give a fuck on military stuff.
>>
File: yy.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yy.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
I just wanted something like the workhorse
>>
>>63741864
Of course, fighting a war is just another kind of work

And we know how they feel about work...
>>
>>63741497
Nevermind mind that, there were only Wookies, Ackbars and Nein Numb type aliens from the OT/PT

WTF
>>
>>63742172
Were there no twileks??
>>
Where are the Twi'leks, Rodians, Ayy lmao Jizz band, wolfman, satan man, chin-balls man and so on? Some races we actually know? Its okay they made up random races for the movie, but they should've kept the old ones too.
>>
because the movie is as bad as the prequels

i dont know shit about star wars, but its pretty obvious the A wings and B wings are the next gen fighters that are being designed/manufactured somewhere during the films

now they just use xwings because they're iconic? lel
>>
>>63742202
Nope no Twi'leks, Rodians, Biths, Gungans etc
>>
>>63742216
nah man it's really not okay they invented random races
>>
>>63742271
It is. Every Star Wars movie added some new races, they just kept the old ones. Here they just tossed everything out the window and created only literally who races. Only Mon Calamari and that one guy that piloted Falcon with Lando race.
>>
>>63742316
also, a Bothan. Who only can be seen in the EU. Strange.
>>
Can someone explain me what's the appeal to have a great part of your life invested in Star Wars ? Cause it looked like from the outside it's the least appealing hobby/franchise to invest your time in : powerful but very poor story, basicaly WW2 in space. Very few characters to impersonate.

Even if the trekkies are weird i understand the appeal and the fantasy of a united humanity (with some military aspects) with hundreds of species and stories. Star Wars has one : good vs evil with a little dose of religion.

The merchandising seems limitless and expansive.

Disney just erased 15 years of univers building.

So what's going on with SW conventions attracting so many people ?

(And it looked like 95% of the people choose the empire)
>>
>>63742444

lack of intelligence / autism / inability to see how relentlessly commercial it all is
>>
>>63742444
>Disney just erased 15 years of universe building.
People just ignore it.
>Very few characters to impersonate
There are hundreds. Every little background character got his/her personal story clobbled together. 2 seconds in a movie? Expect a big, forced story behind it.
Also, books, comics, video games etc etc.
But being in an uniformed army is cool, too. Why do you think the reenactment scene is so big?
>>
>>63741497

The only ships they had in A New Hope were X-wings and TIE fighters so JJ copied it for TFA

We will see more ships in the next two
>>
>>63742444
You might not realize this, but Star Wars has one of the most extensive universes ever created.
>>
>>63742444

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>>
Are there any space battles in the movie or do all fights take place at surface?
>>
>>63742555
Y-Wings and a cool, iconic fighter for the Supervillain, the TIE Advanced X1.
>>
>>63742555
There were Y-wings and Vader's special TIE fighter.
>>
>>63742444

the modern world is too fast paced and cold, gotta have something that keeps you a child forever
>>
>>63742591
only surface
>>
>>63742591
one short "spacebattle" (a TIE flees from a Star Destroyer) and one surface battle (X-Wings vs. Ties and ground defence).
>>
>>63742619
>>63742650

That's a shame, SW's always had good ship design and the broadsides-in-space cool factor in them
>>
>>63742674
well, Episode VII doesn't.
>>
>>63742444

Basically according to George Lucas it was supposed to be six movies about a single character (Anakin Skywalker). It doesn't take a 'great part of your life' to watch six movies.

It is Disney that has decided to release a new SJW Wars movie every year cause you know they need to get them shekels.
>>
The books explain that Mon Mothma wanted to demilitarize the New Republic during the 30 years between the movies, leading to it breaking down before it could be whole again and return to a Resistance status against an expanding New Order.
>>
>>63743027
demilitarizing while crazy imperial warlords still exist?
Good idea Mothman.
>>
>>63743027

> The books explain that Mon Mothma wanted to demilitarize the New Republic during the 30 years between the movies, leading to it breaking down before it could be whole again and return to a Resistance status against an expanding New Order.

This is literally worse then the old EU. They could have made something better that justifies their shitting on the EU to the fans and cancelling all continuing stories in the Legends timeline but instead they have went forward with a bland nonsensical version of the storyline.
>>
>>63743027
Mon Mothma has been ruined
>>
>>63742216
Oh they invented races alright...

Shitty, Dr. Who-grade cartoon races that make the two-headed podrace announcer and the gungans look like the goddamn cantina aliens.

I've normally loved the sci-fi movies that get all the hate here. I though Avatar was beautiful and the derivative story didn't bother me, I thought Prometheus was subject to unjust Reddit hate, I thought Gravity was an amazing ride, I thought Fury Road was the greatest sequel since TESB, and I even thought that Interstellar was a slightly flawed masterpiece. So I know I'm not a "hater" and am usually pretty generous with movies.

But tbqh, the more I think about this movie, the angrier I get.
>>
>>63742216
>>63743641
>>63742271
>they made up random races for the movie
What did you not see that coming?

Remember JJ's Star Trek?
What classic races did we get there?
>Humans and Vulcans of course.
>Romulans, because we need a big bad that's like Vulcans
>Klingons, because it's Star Trek
>Have to have Orion's because Kirk fucks green women

And that was it. No Andorians, no Tellarites, no Rigelians.
But there was a fuck load of of new and original aliens there.
Seriously, would have been that hard to have a Tellarite as the alien next to Kirk in the Bar?
>>
>>63741833
Are you this historically retarded?

North Vietnam = Republic
PLAF = The Resistance
>>
File: common pepe.png (106 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
common pepe.png
106 KB, 470x470
>shoot the water in front of them
>get obliterated into a thousand piece
Is this how it works? The low flying over sand and water rustled my jimmies even though I know jack shit about planes, even less about cartoon planes.
>>
>>63743027

Are you fucking kidding me?

So there's no New Republic army of Navy? Did it not even occur to her that a lack of a military was exactly what allowed Palpatine to seize power in the first place? Did she not realize civilian oversight and constitutional limits were guaranteed to prevent a takeover like last time?
>>
>>63742605
There was a psychologist on tv today that was asked why people are drawn to Star Wars in some lifrestyle magazine. She immediately said "children are drawn to villains because of their power and the respect they get and wish that they would have it too." We all just want to be the TIE Pilot in Star Wars Rebels episode 6 Empire Day that tells everyone in the bar which channel to watch or Hitler.
>>
>>63743027
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR VOTING A WOMAN IN POWER YOU FUCKING KEKS!

SHEEV DID NOTHING WRONG, GAS THE TOYDARIANS!
>>
>>63743027
???
Source to this, what fucking book
>>
>>63746573
Aftermath
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aftermath

Following the death of Palpatine and the destruction of the second Death Star, Mon Mothma became the elected leader of the New Republic, this being administered from her homeworld of Chandrila, the new galactic capitol. She was determined to de-militarize and restore a strong democracy to the galaxy, despite the militaristic objections of some of her advisors.

> changing the capital world
> 30 years elected chancellor

Sounds like a villain tbqh.
>>
>>63743027
So its just like in the EU
>>
>>63746876
more like mong mothma desu senpai
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.