[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let me get this straight, The newcomer protagonist kicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: 90685.png (2 MB, 1481x797) Image search: [Google]
90685.png
2 MB, 1481x797
So let me get this straight,

The newcomer protagonist kicks the main antagonist's butt on the very first installation of the trilogy?

Where the fuck can we go from here? That's retarded amateur level of screenwriting. It's like if Luck would have almost killed Vader in ANH.

Fuck I miss George.
>>
>>63741020
He was wounded
>>
>>63741039
And she's a literal nobody from planet shithole
>>
Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader.

He's supposed to be a different kind of villain.

For one thing that isnt a direct copy of A New Hope (but is of Revan and Jaycen Solo, but whatever) he's pretty hated.

It's like you bitch about how TFA was a direct clone but when something isnt a direct copy you critizise that also.

I'm starting to side with the film and the normies that like it after reading all of you faggots posts ranting about anything.
>>
>>63741039
In terms of storytelling, he shouldn't have been.
>>
>>63741020

>I miss George

You are the most cancerous kind of idiotic retard
>>
>>63741071
It's not about similarity with ANH. I was just using it to make a point about screenwriting and structure. If the protag who's a literal nobody manages to overpower the antagonist badass in chapter 1 where can it go now?
>>
>>63741087

Fucking WHY !!!!

Because that's not a copy of A New Hope and you secretly want a copy?
>>
I didn't like how easy she was able to beat Ren having no prior training with the force or lightsabers. Having said that:

>Ren had been shot through the stomach by an extremely powerful gun
>Also took some damage fighting Finn
>It's obvious that he's no Darth Vader, only that he aspires to be him, which is an important thing to consider in regards to his skills and his immaturity as a villain
>Rey is obviously the newest "chosen one" so she has greater force sensitivity than anyone else, meaning she learns quickly
>>
>>63741145
The movie doesn't tell you that Rey has had previous jedi training but Luke wiped her mind
>>
>>63741105

She was trained alongside Ten.

Hardly a nobody. Also tens training isn't even complete
>>
>>63741145

But it is (poorly) implied she did had training with the force and with a lightsaber before becoming an orphan
>>
>>63741087
He was wounded by Chewy for killing his lifelong companion. It was very appropriate and reasonable.
>>
the excuse is that she's so incredibly force sensitive that he couldn't do shit

i still thought it was stupid but there we go. she just closed her eyes for a second, remembered she had to 'use the force' and was then all-powerful. they did handicap him a lot though:

>just murdered his dad
>got shot with the most OP blaster in star wars
>slashed a few times by a lightsaber
>>
>Luke Skywaler
>get like six months of training tops from Obi and Yoda on Dagoba
>almost get beaten by Vader but then get angry and rek his shit

Force means you're OP all around apparently. Also genetics maybe?
>>
>>63741204
Also Luke manages to fuck the Death Star in the asshole after Obi saying something inspirational to him.
>>
why haven't any chinks or aussies uploaded a camrip yet?
>>
>>63741111
No, because it's senseless to have your major antagonist defeated in the first part of a trilogy.
>>
>>63741071
He's not copied from ANH, he's a copy of more cringeworthy copy of Hayden in ROTS which is worse.
>>
Don't worry, anon. They will introduce new, even more threatening chatacter in Episode VIII: Dindu Ren. He will look upon to Sheev, mark his face with white paint to resemble his wrinkles (black one wouldn't be visible due to his skin color) and master the technique of spinning. He will be an adpoted son of Lando and Master Windu, who survived the fall and travelled in time as a result of Unlimited Power. And Finn's evil twin.
>>
>>63741177
Where is it implied?
>>
>>63741181
Yeah, but it wasn't what the story needed if they were going to bring the characters together moments later to battle.
>>
Kylo has to run with his tail between his legs, being pretty embarrasingly defeated by Rey

At the end of VIII they will fight again after having both being trained more, Rey by Luke and Kylo by Snoke. Rey will be the cocky one this time, having pretty easily defeated Kylo last time (Even though Kylo was heavily injured, physically exhausted and going through an emotional breakdown) but Kylo will kill Rey
>>
>>63741063
A literally nobody that still is pretty handy when it comes to combat. Regardless watch the fight again, she's running away most of the time and only gets the upper hand when she unlocks a new power. Anyway's it's obvious all isn't as it seems and she's had some form of training or knowledge in her past that's allowed her to beat a wounded autist.
>>
File: 1415774372969.png (190 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1415774372969.png
190 KB, 800x800
>>63741271
>Kylo will kill Rey
>>
>>63741226
It's pretty clear that every "chosen one" gets tremendous force assistance now. Anakin, Luke and now Rey are all able to pull off bullshit moves very quickly. It doesn't really bother me too much but it did seem a little too sudden with Rey.
>>
>>63741158
where does it say that?
>>
>>63741239
>major antagonist
You mean Snoke?
>>
>>63741226
Luke was already an incredibly competent pilot and hadn't been denying the force. He was also fighting a largely crippled Vader who didn't really care to kill his own son.

There are supposed to be parallels between that and the Dooku fight, because George loves pottery.
>Ay Dooku fight Anakin but don't kill him, just play around with him for a while until we can get him to fall to the dark side, maybe kill Obi Wan, we don't need him
>Okay killing Obi Wan will make him pissed and then he'll fall to the dark side and everything will be fine, he won't try and kill me right?
>Yeah it's fine I'll stop him (gonna get a new apprentice fuck you Dooku)

Sheev is just a dick who always wants to trade in his old busted up apprentice for a new fuccboi
>>
>>63741253

When she doesnt want to have anything to do with the jedi (anymore) and with her sudden force powers.

I guess people are just too dumb to asume she had prior training instead of taking everything they see literally and by the word.

That's why american movies are made for retards I guess, why they explain and derscribe everything very specifically.
>>
>>63741226
He already used to bulls eye womp rats. He just used the force to give it a little push. It was elevating skills he already had.

Even after he had spent time getting accustomed to the force he still had to concentrate to bring his lightsabre to him from a distance in Empire. Rey is just getting it way too quickly.

Shouldn't surprise though. Look at comic book movies, none of the characters work for their powers. They get it handed to them and we're supposed to root for them whilst the bag guys are the ones who spend countless years building themselves up only to get instantly defeated.

It appeals to the lazy, narcissistic mentality of today's youth who like to believe they can do everything without working for it just because they're special.
>>
>>63741204
>>63741226

Also, Luke is able to block all blaster shots with his vision obscured after Obi Wan says some mumbo jumbo to him.
>>
>>63741071

>Go to watch Creed

>Creed beats the ever loving fuck out of the World Champ without ever spending a second training

>LOL GENETICS MUH DAD WAS CHAMP

It's retarded writing. Everyone knows it. Whether you care about retarded writing in a children's movie, and a children's movie specifically created to dredge up long dead and buried material to sell toys and shit by a giant corporation, is another matter.
>>
>>63741233
Go watch it in the cinema or wait for it to actually be a good quality download
>>
>>63741226
That's in the space of 10 seconds after receiving basic training, Rey manages to sustain the force for a fucking 10 minute fight.
>>
>>63741325
>It appeals to the lazy, narcissistic mentality of today's youth who like to believe they can do everything without working for it just because they're special.

This tb.h
>>
>>63741248
>Kylo Ren is more cringeworthy than Anakin
How do people come to these conclusions? Adam Driver literally nailed the character and was the shining star in the movie.
>>
>>63741200
you know that is all bullshit, if you're supposed to follow the rules of: evil magic gives you the stongest power.
>he killed his dad
doesn't this give him more darkside force? Thereby making him stronger. Also Luke (although not the best mentor) had trained him in using the force since he was a child.. so about 10-15years?
This shit doesn't make any sense. But i mean, she closed her eyes for 10seconds so she wins
>>
>>63741020
Ren is a shitter who thinks he can be like grandpa Vader just by holding a red flashy stick. He still has a long way to go.
>>
>>63741248
You may be right. This reminds me of people's general impression, back in '09, that Abrams rewound the Trek timeline to refreshing beginning. But what I saw was a subtle remake of the last picture, Star Trek Nemesis.
>>
>>63741248
>He's not copied from ANH, he's a copy of more cringeworthy copy of Hayden in ROTS which is worse.

The Force Awakens managed to do a better character arc of turning to the dark side and struggling with it in one film compared to three shitpiles.
>>
>>63741020
He's not the main antagonist, Snoke is.
>>
>>63741325
>It appeals to the lazy, narcissistic mentality of today's youth who like to believe they can do everything without working for it just because they're special.

Yeah. And compare it to older action/sports films where the protag always trains for a long period of time and usually loses once or even twice before his big comeback. Fuck, in the first Rocky he never even defeats the other nigga.
>>
>>63741379
They're memeing

>Hello Reddit
>>
>>63741379
Do you not see how Anakin and Kylo are in pottery class together?
>>
>>63741271

And i thought by reading the reviews that kylo was killed, doeing the dark maul's mistakes ....
>>
>>63741329
Dumb movie, but the boxing scenes were well done
>>
>>63741392
We don't know what age Kylo was when he started training, I'm pretty sure Luke didn't give a fuck about having some older blokes coming to train. I also like how you neglected to mention the fact that he was shot by the bowcaster right in the torso and it was pretty obviously shown to have weakened him, even Finn landed a blow on him mang.
Was pretty G when he was punching his wound though
>>
>>63741427
Luke doesn't defeat Vader until the very end of RotJ, it took him 3 movies
>>
>>63741437
Well I mean you don't see him get away but It's pretty much 99.99% likely that he did

>Planet is collapsing
>Fight with Rey and Kylo happening in the forest
>Rey is winning but the ground seperates between Kylo and Rey, ending the fight abruptly
>Rey is rescued Chewie in the Falcon
>Last scene you see of Kylo is him in the forest as the world collapses
>There is a scene with Hux talking with Snoke where Snoke says to flee the planet as It is lost, and to retrieve Kylo so that he can finish his training

In other words if he actually did die and Hux didn't retrieve him in time, It would be fucking retarded.
>>
>>63741427
> Fuck, in the first Rocky he never even defeats the other nigga.

The first Rocky it wasn't even about winning. It was just going the distance. Working his ass off to compete just so he could prove to himself he's not a loser.
>>
>>63741434
Literally why
>>
>>63741158
And hers haven't evan begun!
>>
>>63741504
And it's also a Pyrrhic victory at best
>>
THIS WAS THE FUCKING WORST MOVIE EVER
FUCK YOU DYSNEY
>>
>>63741504
Luke doesn't defeat Vader at all
>>
>>63741020
The evil white man with the cross must be defeated by the strong, independent Mary Sue protagonist who will start an interracial love story.
It's all part of the agenda.
>>
>>63741550
Like saying Rey doesn't "defeat" Kylo Ren because she doesn't outright kill him.
>>
>>63741434
The difference here being Driver is a great actor so the edgelord character tendencies are actually interesting, whereas Christensen can't act to save his life so the character is shit

How do YOU not see that?
>>
File: 94599363479205502.jpg (19 KB, 250x417) Image search: [Google]
94599363479205502.jpg
19 KB, 250x417
>>63741020
Rey
>Good fighter as seen on Jakku
>Said to be very strong with the force, albeit untraind

Ben 'Kylo Ren' Solo
>Still emotionally conflicted
>Wounded by Chewie - that weapon was strong af
>Is presented as powerfull with force hold/push/mindreading but not necessarily with saberfighting
>wounded from a slash by Finn.

It's pretty well balenced. Kylo would have fucked her up anyday.

I'd say it's even more believable than Vader vs Luke. Luke has virtually no experience and is barely trained while Vader is supposed to be the top tier fighter.
>>
>>63741488
So dark side of the force is weaker than a laser wound? I don't see how those laser do that much damage, especialy when he's hit in the side of his stomach.
>>
>>63741425
>Sauron's not the main antagonist, Morgoth is
>>
>>63741629
>I don't see how those laser do that much damage
It literally launches people meters away in an explosion. Kylo takes one to the gut and he still is standing and fighting.
>>
>>63741020
She had the bog pole that she carried around on Jakku which she seemed to have made lots of use of over her time doing nothing but waiting around and going into that shithole town to get her portions or whatever

guess how many potential rapes she would have had to fight off there? it doesnt seem so unrealistic that she could beat ren considering the blaster shot and him obviously feeling pretty emasculated by her throughout the film
>>
>>63741629
well a stromtrooper being shot by an X-shit looks like shit.
>>
>>63741020
>That's retarded amateur level of screenwriting
Are you fucking kidding me, OP? Star Wars never was known for great story telling. It is simply a family soap opera that take place in space. Made for young people and manchildren.
>>
While I disliked things in the film I didn't dislike Kylo. When he took off his mask for the first time I did initially dislike him.

But a few minutes after that I understood. They were doing something different. The shock was intentional, you're supposed to be sort of shocked and disappointed that he's not newvader... caus he isn't new vader. He's a chump who aspires to be a badass. His helmet kept having attention drawn to its weight, which I guess was like a kind of self imposed punishment/training thing. Like Piccolo's weighted clothing. Meant to be uncomfortable and stuff.

I hated the fight at the end though, but I just hated the two main protags overall.
>>
Snoke tells GENRUHL Hux to retrieve Kylo Ren so he can complete his training. Kylo Ren will return with lvl 80 upgrades in the sequels.

There are also Snoke, Benicio Del Toro, the rest of the Knights of Ren, et al. to dispatch in sequels.
>>
>>63741677
Then what's the point of hiring new people for the series?
>>
>>63741677
It's a retarded plot point even for a children show. If anything children shows know how to write effective plot, and it almost never involves a newbie defeating the big bad on their first duel.
>>
>>63741087

Kylo is introduced as a new sith who's still emotionally unstable in his hatred and questioning his stance a bit
He is inexperienced and throws tantrums where he destroys shit with his lightsaber when things go wrong
It actually makes much more sense for him to get wounded and have a stalemate with rey (he doesn't really lose, the two get literally separated by the ground splitting and they just call it quits there)

The movie isn't a 1:1 rehash of ANH despite the memeing. There's plenty of similarities but it is undeniably different in some aspects
>>
>>63741629
>I don't see how those laser do that much damage, especialy when he's hit in the side of his stomach.
watch the film next time retard. Han uses Chewies gun like 3 times to establish that it fucks your shit up. It's a small miracle Ben is even able to stand after that shot.
>>
>>63741582
Characters are in same class performed by different skill.
But interesting? It just seemed like a fucking brat throwing a tantrum, which is fun for the general public.
>>
Was the x wing locking s foils part the best part of the movie? I swear I almost creamed my pants
>>
>>63741145
>Also took some damage fighting Finn
this pisses me off. how pathetic is kylo if this fat fucking dindu can injure him?
>>
It's a rivalry set up. Snoke is the antagonist, Ren is his pawn and Rey's rival.
>>
Kylo Ren isn't Vader, he's just a wannabe faggot
>>
>>63741754
Watch the film again, again reretard. Sometimes they shoot the crossbow and it doesn't fuck shit up that much. It just makes explosions when it needs to because, fireworks. There's literally a character flaw in the crossbow.
>>
Wasn't it established he can stop fucking blaster bolts in midair?
>>
>>63741784

He was injured and Finn got a lucky strike in, Ren immediately fucks his shit up after that
>>
>>63741779

The best part was the fight at the end
I'm not even memeing, the way they fought did a really good job of showing both how inexperienced and emotional kylo, finn and rey all were. It felt a lot more natural, convincing and interesting than any of the lightsaber fights in the prequels, and it had a lot more parallels with luke wailing on vader in Jedi
>>
>>63741819
>Sometimes they shoot the crossbow and it doesn't fuck shit up that much.

No it doesnt, every time that Bowcaster is fired it throws stormtroopers around
>>
>>63741743
Kylo isn't a Sith.
>>
>>63741829

he was much more composed at that point in the movie
>>
>>63741829
Ren is clearly a powerful, but inexperienced sith. Emotional imbalance is the weakness of the sith. All his power is useless when he's shitting himself out of fear, anger, confusion etc.
>>
>>63741857
No usually it's just a normal blastershot, except for when Han uses it. they also shoot open the door switch at close range
>>
>>63741655
>Morgoth is never mentioned or shown in lotr
>long since dead and gone

>snoke is shown and mentioned in the first hour

>same thing

Fucking Hux is more a main villain than Kylo.
>>
>>63741860

sith, bad guy, whatever
>>
>>63741877
Sheev was pretty balanced
Also Dooku

Only youngfags have a proclivity to drama
>>
>>63741020
Shes still a qt3.14
>>
>>63741847
This, desu senpai.
>>
File: swng.jpg (119 KB, 388x494) Image search: [Google]
swng.jpg
119 KB, 388x494
>>63741784
>>
>>63741877
Why is he shitting himself? After killing his father "HAN SOLOOO!" his bowles should be all empty. And his character arc of becoming truly eeeevil is done.
Except he doesn't have an arc. None of the characters have an arc. It reminds me of independence day or any other action schlock like it.
>>
>>63741932
The Emperor and Dooku were old as fuck and already well trained at controlling themselves. Hell, Dooku was a dark jedi, he had perhaps the best training in emotional control of all the sith in the series.
>>
>>63742138
https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm

>The face of my son
Why is his delivery so bad? It's Harrison Ford ffs. Is JJ a bad director?
>>
>>63742010
fuck off with your racist bullshit
>>
>>63742200
>Is JJ a bad director?

yes
>>
>>63741204
Luke was hardly a padawan in 5,
3 years later in episode six he is a knight and fully trained.
Also, you're an assmaster
>>
>>63741250
Lol
Sideous screaming "unlimited power" was actually a clue to mace, who after reaching 88 mph on the fall travelled 30 years unto the future where he met lando. As their gay romance flourished they adopted a set of twins.
>>
>>63742138
He got shot by a fucking Bowcaster. You know the same shit that Han was using to send people flying?
>>
>>63742200
seems like a normal blaster to me
>>
>>63741020
She is Sheevs daughter, of course she's gonna be OP
>>
>>63742377
>le i didn't watch the movie but i'm still commenting on it meme
>>
>>63741020

Hey you know what anon those are really good points but what really grinds my gears is that this is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for kids..
>>
>>63742441
Annakin is Sheev's son dumbdumb
>>
>>63741910
Did you never play SW:Battlefront 2? You get to play as a wookie, and their bowcasters have a charge-up shooting mechanic, where you can instant cast a weaker shot or charge up a strong one.
>>
>>63742373
See this >>63741819
Sometimes it kills 3 people sometimes people just fall over sometimes it send them "flying". Usually works like a normal blaster, but it's a bit BIGGER oooOO. But then Kylo Ren doesn't fall from it because:
1. Plot armor
2. oh he so strong...
3. bad hit, in Kylos side

>>63742492
>le redditor sees movie and still defends plotholes, character flaws and general shit schlock
i've seen it
>>
>>63741239

he's obviously not the major antagonist, they even made it clear that he and general hux were of the same rank as can be seen when they contend against one another.
>>
>>63742624
Every single game has that bowcaster charging mechanic, though the effects usually vary

In some it makes a stronger projectile, in others it shoots up to 5 projectiles in a spread pattern
>>
>>63742534
>Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

Fuck off back to /a/ then wee
>>
File: CExxn9rUMAAARnF.jpg (22 KB, 494x482) Image search: [Google]
CExxn9rUMAAARnF.jpg
22 KB, 494x482
So is he going to flip to the light side and sacrifice himself to save Rey's life in IX?

Or is it too obvious?
>>
>>63741325

Well Rey was already trained with that staff, so the force just gave her a little push.
>>
>>63741743

The man was trained by Luke and then that Emperor. He should be easily much more capable in a saber fight with his wounds after Finn.

>Close my eyes feel force
>REKT I AM NOW BETTER SABER FIGHTER EVEN AFTER GETTING MY ASS KICKED MOST OF THE TIME
>FUCK YOUR TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
>>
>>63742534
Please tell me you are trolling…
>>
>>63742677
>responding to stale pasta

W
E
W
>>
>>63741617

Cannot understand how shitposters are ignoring simple and obvious logic like this. The movie isn't perfect but fuck /tv/ is just desperate to hate it.
>>
People are making excuses like he was shot and weakened etc. but the fact of the matter remains that he was beat in the first movie, weve seen that he is indeed defeatable already, that hes no longer an actual obstacle if he shows up again because it is entirely possible to slap his shit. Theres no threat to the main fighting antagonist now, no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>63742640
Him getting shot was to make the playing field level. Much more believe-able than ANH where Luke becomes an ace pilot the first time he touched a X-wing.
>>
>>63741819

Bowcasters have varying levels of charge.
>>
>>63742624
no.. why do i have to play the most generic mutiplayer games for the movie to show me that the crossbow can do a chargeshot?
>>
>>63742534
>Fractale

I havent been on /a/ in years and I can tell this is bait.
>>
>>63742742
>Complete his training
This isn't even his final form
>>
>>63742677

Don't think /a/ one of the more xenophobic boards would want him for the sole fact he is not at /a/ and at here. Plus they would probably laugh at him to go back to reddit.
>>
>>63742742

He's an apprentice just as much as rey is
they're on par with each other and are both going to become stronger in the future, it'll be like a race between them to see who can become better first and overpower the other
>>
>>63741020
Kylo ren was based in the beginning but the movie just cut away from his mystique and power
from that point forward he stops blocking blaster shots and gets wounded by people who don't have the force and finally gets defeated by a novice with a lightsaber that he fodderized a minute before
>>
so how does she mindtrick some nigger without even trying?

why would you let someone strong in the force be guarded by one trooper?
>>
Why didn't Han Solo just use the eagles to escape to the Falcon?
>>
I had the same opinion at first, and reading the books on Darth Bane's sith apprentice training, I would've thought Kylo Ren would be going through similar training. The sith are meant to see lightsaber duels as a dance and read any amateur counters and sequence changes. Like people have said, he was injured, he had just killed his father which was required of his sith training, he would've been mentally taking that in. It's a fine plot, it should hardly be criticized. The pacing was a little off, but it's still fine.
>>
>>63742749
He's very much NOT an ace pilot. He flies around in space, even gets hit.
>>
>>63742881
>he had just killed his father which was required of his sith training
Siths have to kill a family member or something?
>>
>>63742864
Can't wait to see droid masturbaters defend this
>>
>>63742864
Kylo unlocked achievements in her
>>
>>63741020
A girl who never used the force before learned to mind control a storm trooper in less than a minute.
>>
>>63742772
Are you seriously shittalking one of the better shoot-em-up games ever created?
>>
>>63742795
*yawn*
>now this is podracing
>>
>>63742921

Come on son, Snoke tells him to do it as part of his training.

As Han says to him Snoke is only using Ben to get shit done that he cant do
>>
>>63742742
see
>>63742795

They will be rivals. They will both be opposites of one another (as cousins or siblings) and continue to meet one another, like fucking Naruto and Sasuke I guess if you want to pick a very simple analogy.

I don't have a problem with this, it's a new device for Star Wars. What is wrong with this?
>>
People calling kylo an apprentice are wrong he's already a master but he went to the dark side and is being guided by snoke
Kylo even offers to train rey which imo is why he doesn't instantly kill her
>>
>>63742921

Definitely.

If Snoke has any connection to Palpatine and his beliefs. We all remember Palpatine killing his master. He talked a lot about that being a critical process.
>>
>>63743003
>What is wrong with this?

it's not the same as A New Hope and doesn't fit with my 'TFA is just an ANH rehash' meme
>>
Do you people not have a brain to process visual cues?

The second Kylo got shot by Chewbacca I could already predict he'd fight Rey/Finn & it's a neat excuse for why he would let them escape. Added to that he isn't even fully trained. Rey was already exceptional with a stick so it's not a long shot to see she'd easily pick up sword wielding.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-03-14-17.png (58 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-03-14-17.png
58 KB, 480x800
>>63741233
>>
>>63742975
Are you seriously telling me that it's an incoherent film and you're avoiding it by talking about video games?
>>
File: 1449654114869.png (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449654114869.png
117 KB, 500x500
>>63741283
>she's had some form of training or knowledge in her past

>yfw starcucks are forced to believe in this meme to justify their shitty movie
>>
>>63742921
He is thinking of Naruto
>>
>>63741020
If you want to get technical, Padawan Obi-Wan beat Darth Maul

Kyla's still a little bitch though
>>
>>63743024
Training is never complete, you're always an apprentice blablabla
>>
>>63743045
TFA rehashes the entire trilogy senpai
>>
>>63741071
He's Draco Malfoy, bruv
>>
>>63741239

But Rey wasn't defeated.
>>
>>63743159
He was a padawan, sure, but he's been through a lot of actual training. Padawans start very young.
>>
>>63743003

Naruto didn't start out better than Sasuke

Star Wars Ep 7: Literally less competently written than Naruto

Gosh, that's sad
>>
>>63741071
>comparing based Revan to MUH GRANDPA!

Burn in Ewok Hell
>>
>>63741283
She unlocks a new power? What is she, a videogame character?
>>
>>63741089
This is what Disney does to people
>>
>>63741039
What about when she beat him in psychic combat, forcing him to scamper back to Snoke? Was he wounded then?
>>
>>63741071
>It's like you bitch about how TFA was a direct clone but when something isnt a direct copy you critizise that also.

When the things that are different are bad, people complain about those things for being bad

pretty simple stuff to understand m99, sorry you're having trouble with it
>>
>>63743256
Also how fucking grotesque was this scene

>deep wub wub so people know theyre MINDBATTLING

compare it to the ROTJ fight where Vader mind reads Luke.
>>
>>63741020
1. he was injured from being shot in the gut by a pissed off wookiee
2. he got hurt by finn in the prior fight
3. it was really cold
4. he was going through the emotional turmoil of having committed patricide
>>
>>63741200
its called meditation asshole
>>
>>63743296
this
>>
>>63742795
>He's an apprentice just as much as rey is

>Rey literally isn't an apprentice at all, in any way shape or form

Starcucks on suicide watch
>>
I get that Kylo is meant to be an immature villain, but he just comes off as comically incompetent.
>>
File: jj-abrams-portrait_2800101b.jpg (46 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
jj-abrams-portrait_2800101b.jpg
46 KB, 620x387
>Producer: What kind of movie you want?
>Studio exec: Sleek, soulless and inauthentic
>Producer: say no more
>>
>>63743345

rey becomes luke's apprentice at the end though
nice try
>>
>>63743364
>some nignog is able to get a hit on him in saber combat

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>63743224

yes

star wars is now /v/ wars
>>
>>63743364
yup, but people will defend this
>>
>>63743382
What did you expect from a Disney movie?
>>
>>63743395
After he got shot with a fucking bowcaster
>>
>>63743208

Ren was better than her the whole time until the very end when she was nearly getting thrown into the pit she centres herself and frees herself of emotion.

The light side of the force overcomes the dark. m8, it's literally the fucking central point of star wars.
>>
>>63743286
>Kylo flubs the "it's too late for me" scene from ROTJ

What an utter disgrace.
>>
>>63743333
nice quads m8
>>
HEY

Does Luke still have his Green Lightsaber? Because when I think "Jedi Master Luke Skywalker", I think of the green saber and black outfit. They didn't give him the blue one back for marketing purposes, did they?
>>
>>63743389
More like Luke becomes rey's apprentice you shitlord
>>
>>63743424
But in this case he killed the shit out of his own father seconds later
>>
>>63743364
>Hux constantly tattles on him to Snoke when he's right there beside him
>Kylo tries to glare, but Hux gives no fucks
>movie ends with Hux having to save Kylo's otaku ass

Based Nazi
>>
>>63743431
the green one is iconic

there's no way they'd not have him use it
>>
WEBM OF SABER FIGHT WHEN
>>
you see the reason kylo lost the fight is cause he thought of a really funny joke in the middle of it that snoke told him earlier off camera and it distracted him enough for his cousin to get the upper hand

wait luke is rey's father right? they implied the shit out of that
>>
On a side note, anyone else hear Snoke say "Knights of Ren"? As in there's others?

Also they never called Kylo Ren or Snoke Sith, did they?
>>
Anyone got the pic of Luke at the end senpai?
>>
>>63743488

Dude I fucking hope so I can really see them fucking it up and him wanting to take back his old lightsabre or some shit I don't fucking know.
>>
Can't wait to see Rey beating Luke in Ep. VII to show the world the true power of women.

>Manbabies spend 30 years idolizing their little fictional hero
>A true feminist icon comes along and shows the world that she's better than his white straight ass could ever hope to be
>>
File: 004SPT_Emily_Deschanel_001.jpg (56 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
004SPT_Emily_Deschanel_001.jpg
56 KB, 720x540
>>63743421
Then how come the only jedis to ever beat a sith are Windu and Obi-Wan?

Windu was basically the best fencing dude ever, Obi-Wan was extremely tactical feigning disadvantages/helplessness and never got flustered after Darth Maul fight.
>>
>>63743286
>Implying the sound wasn't fucking amazing in TFA
>>
>>63743431
>>63743488
>>63743546

The hilt of the green saber was in one of the posters.
>>
>>63743488

Luke had a blue lightsaber for 2 movies (the better movies, no less) and a green one for just 1 movie
>>
>>63743523
ooh yeah, or Han & Leia.. since they just bailed when Kylo gained darkside in puberty
>>
Did some of you cucks really watch Star Cucks unironically? I feel bad for you manchildren.
>>
>>63743557

yeah cause they both have control over their emotions just like rey did
>>
>>63743421
>light side overcomes the dark

the most iconic scene that comes to mind is when luke throws his fucking saber away. that is the light side triumphing over the dark side.

Here were get Kylo cuck BTFO by a strong disney princess who apparently needs not training to fuck shit up.
>>
>>63743576
Yeah, but the green one is the one he beat Vader with.
>>
>>63743557
Yoda beat Dooku.
>>
>>63743576
But everything EU I consumed always had the black outfit and green saber.

I spend my childhood and teenage years playing games featuring Luke with the green saber.

I'd be really pissed if they decided to ignore something that was part of 20 years of my life.
>>
>>63743431
Wait a second. Didn't the blue one get lost as fuck at the end of ESB?

But suddenly it's back and in perfect shape in TFA?
>>
>>63743553
We just watched ep VII mate, you really fucked that up for yourself
>>
>>63743584
I did, and it was shit..
>>
the twist is there is no trilogy. it's just one movie.
>>
>>63743600

Yeah but she already knows how to fight, she's trained with that melee staff.
>>
>>63743584
Im 45 with 2 kids

fuck you
>>
>>63743616
He would've beaten Sheev too, but he had the high ground.
>>
>>63743634

Kylo was trained by Luke fucking Skywalker and a Sith Lord. What the flying fuck
>>
>>63743623

"that's a story for another time"

I'm guessing it will be explained
>>
>>63743637
Manchild.
>>
>>63743600
Why is Kylo a cuck? Do you just use it as a generic insult now regardless of context?
>>
>>63741020
Both are starting training and will probably become more badass.
>>
>>63743637
>45 with 2 kids
>still visiting this place
Pics or gtfo
>>
>>63743609
Luke never beat Vader though, didn't you watch the movie?

>>63743619
not canon
>>
Inexperienced Young Luke - Anakin's Blue Lightsaber
Jedi Luke Skywalker - Luke's own Green Lightsaber

I'll be really pissed if he takes back the blue one instead of giving it to Rey
>>
>>63743616
He didnt' beat anyone.

He didn't beat Dooku or Sheev.

Yoda was fucking shit. Those who can't do, teach: the character.
>>
>>63743653
We don't know how long he trained with Luke for, we don't know how many students he managed to bring over to the dark side, we don't know how old/trained the rest of the padawans were.
>>
>>63743668
>Starting training
Please be joking
>>
>>63743659
>I'm guessing it will be explained
>>
>>63743675
>Luke never beat Vader

Wot m8?
>>
>>63743659

I think it'll more likely be handwaved, is it actually that important to dedicate screentime to? It'll please nerds to know the answer, but what relevance does it have to driving the plot forward?
>>
>>63743675
>Pummeled Vader into the ground, chopped off his arm and had his lightsabre at his throat
>Didn't win
>>
>>63743653

Yeah that's why he beats her basically the entire time until the final moment when she centres her emotions and draws from the light side of the force to manage to fight Kylo off.

How are you not understanding this?
>>
>>63743637
>2 kids
Do you plan on releasing them back to their families?
>>
>>63743675
>Luke never beat Vader though

Yes he did. He got angry and beat the shit out of Vader, and then stopped after cutting his hand.

>not canon

I don't give a shit. I spend 20 years of my life with the image of Jedi Master Luke with a green lightsaber, and now they're giving him Anakin's blue one back? Fuck off.
>>
>>63743703

Luke stops fighting before defeating vader, sheev then electrocutes him and vader throws him off the edge and turns good
vader was the real winner
>>
>>63743701

Hey I wasn't making excuses for it you just seemed like you wanted to know
>>
>>63743730

sounds like someone's got a case of the 'tism
can't handle change anon?
>>
>>63743159
obi-wan is supposed to be the best swordsman in the SW universe so it makes sense
>>
>>63743637
>fucking two kids
Fuck off pedo
>>
>>63743725
>defending Jedi Katniss

Just admit it. she has little to no development. She leveled to 80 straight away using bad writing and thats the state of star wars today.
>>
>>63743756
I'm not him <.<
>>
>>63741157
oh shit nigga that actually sounds cool episode 8 spoilers LGTS
>>
>>63743759
But it's not change. It's the opposite. Luke changed between ESB and ROTJ, and he built his own lightsaber as a rite of passage. That was actual change.
>>
wow apparently my comment made a mod so salty he deleted it. hit a little too close to home, buddy?
>>
File: -saturn-a.jpg (28 KB, 617x480) Image search: [Google]
-saturn-a.jpg
28 KB, 617x480
>>63743675
>>63743703
>>63743717

>There are people dumb enough to think that Vader wanted to kill Luke

He wanted to him on his team. He was holding back and was overpowered when Luke got angry.

Luke didn't want to kill Vader either, he wanted to kill Palpatine and have Vader on his team.
>>
>>63743762
Rey also makes sense. Because her character is written for her to be the best person at doing everything ever the best way. Best ever.
>>
>>63741020
>It's like you bitch about how TFA was a direct clone but when something isnt a direct copy you critizise that also.

You realize you can sum this up in a single word, right? It's called hypocrisy.
>>
>>63743653
Snoke: (to Rey) I must apologise for Kylo Ren. He is an idiot. Luke and I purposely trained him wrong...as a joke!
>>
>>63743782

Well m8 no need to be snarky when I'm just having a chat to this anon aye?
>>
This is not a problem for you people in these kinds of movies when it's a male, but oh man a chosen one female hold the fucking phone.
>>
>>63741020
play KotOR again... wink wink
>>
>>63743829
>Vader is holding back in ESB
>Vader wins by cutting Luke's hand
>Both guys are holding back in ROTJ
>Luke wins by cutting Vader's hand

Luke beat him. Period.
>>
>>63743865

Careful, just posted this and it got deleted. Mods get butthurt when you start making too much sense for them to handle.
>>
File: 1392079134686.jpg (48 KB, 526x572) Image search: [Google]
1392079134686.jpg
48 KB, 526x572
>>63743865
>Bad writing doesn't matter when the character is male
>>
Samefag x100 in this thread
>>
What are the chances of Luke being the actual hero in the next starshit flicks?

If they do just to the ol' Obi-wan old man bit and die I will cringe.

Rey is a shitty character.
>>
>>63743865

Dude people on this board are just fucking retarded and there's no point trying to point out their discrepancies to them.
>>
>>63743914

I'd like him to take a more hands on sort of Qui-Gon Jinn role.
>>
>>63743865
gary stus are far less common than mary sues, to be fair
>>
I just kept thinking Kylo was a great Anakin better than Hayden.
>>
>>63743865
>This is not a problem for you people in these kinds of movies when it's a male

give three examples of movies where this happens with males where people didn't have a problem with it

this should be pretty easy for you, right?
>>
>>63743865
>Luke gets his ass kicked by a single tusken raider
>Luke nearly dies in a trash compactor and is saved by C3P0
>Luke nearly dies but is saved by a returning Han
>Luke nearly dies Han finds him in the snow
>Luke fails his jedi training
>Luke can't lift the X-Wing
>Luke is defeated by Vader
>Luke falls into Jabba's trap and nearly dies toa Rancor
>Luke is shot in the hand when using the saber against humanoid opponents
>Luke finally beats Vader
>Immediatly gets BTFO by the emperor
>Only survives because Vader saves him

>Rey beats 2 raiders by herself
>Beats Kylo Ren
>Can use the force with no training
>Can use a saber with no training
>Amazing pilot
>Amazing mechanic
>>
>>63743879
He was basically fucking with him in ESB, get on my team insolent kid, we will run this shit, no? no hand for you then, im your daddy btw
>>
>>63741248

Honesly, Kylo Ren is EpIII Anakin if he was a good character
>>
>>63743905
>movie has a male chosen one type character written to be better than everyone
That's fine
>movie has female chosen one type character written to be better than everyone
Oh no muh Mary Sue, shitty writing
>>
>>63743973
Exactly. And it inverts in ROTJ, when Luke is the one tempting Vader and holding back. And when Vader threatens to go after Leia, Luke snaps and beats Vader into submission.
>>
>>63743917
Seriously, it's a lost cause. The people here are brainless troglodytes that echo each other's cries of "jew" "sjw" "reddit" "cuck" to fit in. Degenerate bitter manchildren, by and large.
>>
>>63743976
And terrible at everything
>>
>>63744015
Where are people defending anakin?
>>
>>63741325
Shut up, Garou.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.