[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"DID TOLKEIN WRITE JUVENILE TRASH?" http://www.bbc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ring-lord-of-the-rings[1].jpg (388 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ring-lord-of-the-rings[1].jpg
388 KB, 1024x768
"DID TOLKEIN WRITE JUVENILE TRASH?"
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20151215-did-tolkien-write-juvenile-trash

Judging by some of the fanboys I've seen here (mainly from Australia), Tolkien did not not write juvenile trash.
>>
I guess the Tolkien fanboys are too busy shitposting about Star Wars.
>>
There is literally not a single well written character in the whole series. Of course it's trash.
>>
>>63740912

I love Tolkien and can't stand Star Wars.

The article you posted actually defends Tolkien's work, so I don't see what your point is or what you expect to happen in this thread.
>>
>>63740659

Yes.

Tolkien is SHIT as a writer. Boring as fuck. Characters all suck.

He basically ripped off the Kalevala.

The only cool thing about Tolkien is the mythology and the setting, together with the fan maps and drawings of places, and Howard Shore's music
>>
>>63741381
Literally this. I get more enjoyment out of reading LotR wiki pages than the actual books.
>>
No, it was adult trash; it had maps and songs and glossaries and no action.
>>
>>63741375
You're so butthurt lol
>>
>>63741423

My nigga, I've real all Tolkien wikis and not a single Tolkien book.

Just unbearable and tedious.
>>
Tolkien couldn't kill his characters because he was a faggot.
>>
>>63741487
Except for the characters which die in the Hobbit

Faggot
>>
>>63741522
Hobbit was a piece of shit though, worse than LotR.
>>
ITT turboplebs
>>
File: whats going on.png (487 KB, 827x447) Image search: [Google]
whats going on.png
487 KB, 827x447
What's going on here?
>>
>>63741713
>MUH LORE
>MUH MOUNTAINS
>MUH NAMES OF DWARVES AN ELVES AND CLANS AND KINGS THAT JUST CLOG UP MY BRAIN AND DON'T MATTER
>>
>>63741471

This George RR Martin is sooo much better.

His characters are so good like the witty dwarf. And it has sex and gore.
It is truely for adults, unlike Tolkien books.
>>
>>63741899

you're trying too hard senpai
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.