[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Star Wars VII going to tear /tv/ apart? There's been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
Is Star Wars VII going to tear /tv/ apart?
There's been such a strong hatebase for it here for months because anarchists want it to be bad to see the shitstorm, but the movie's actually really fucking good

How long will you meme about it being bad before accepting the reality that it was good?
>>
>>63737153

lol never.

it just quiets down. but it never ever ever is accepting.
>>
Its not good.

Its just a remake of SW IV with worse dialog and shittier versions of the main characters.
>>
>>63737153
That's your opinion it's not really good the most I'd give it is a 7.8
>>
>no-one really cares that Han dies, only Chewbacca (!) really emotes, Leia doesn't even cry
>Kylo's motivation makes no real sense, seems to hate his parents for no real reason apart from edgelord
>new empire has 90% of Luke's travel but doesnt just search the one section of map they don't have
>starkiller doesnt really do anything that a Death Star can't, and it takes an entire sun to power it
>blow up Coruscant for some reason
>everyone leaves their enemies alone for no reason (everyone to Kylo, Kylo to Finn, then Rey to Kylo again)
>everyone apart from the bad guys do literally nothing for 3 decades
>Poe and Finn crash, Poe is presumed dead and then magically appears with no explanation
>R2 reawakens with no explanation
>Anakin's/Luke's lightsabre magically appears with no explanation
>General Hux (?) is some terrible fucking casting, almost as bad as Kylo
>Why does Kylo wear the mask?
>Kylo being Han and Leia's son is revealed rather mundanely
>no real light sabre duels, cutaway during at least one of them
>strange editing and pacing in general
>millenium falcon can enter star killer via warp drive, disables the shield so everyone else can get through, despite entry being possible anyway
>Kylo is particularly difficult to understand, most people speak quite muffled
>terrible attempts at humour, though delivery was good
>pretty bad acting from most involved
>Luke doesn't even speak, just gaped at Rey like she was naked
>good guys avoid fire by just running/flying in a straight line

I liked it.
>>
>>63737202

looking forward to years of people posting their takes on episode 8 trying to shoe horn in rhymes from empire strikes back.
>>
>>63737202

found the memer :^)
have you watched the movie?
>>
File: 1450267698555.jpg (13 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1450267698555.jpg
13 KB, 313x313
>>63737153

> but the movie's actually really fucking good
>>
>>63737233
>>starkiller doesnt really do anything that a Death Star can't, and it takes an entire sun to power it

It blows up an entire solar system at once
>>
>>63737153
> but the movie's actually really fucking good
says who?
>inb4 the shills on rt validate it
>>
no one's going to really care about star wars in the next two years mate. Disney is milking it so much that with the hype of TFA outta the way, people just aren't going to give a shit.

now back to reddit you go.
>>
>>63737153
what i dont get is he says in the trailer he will continue what vader started. vader was just a puppet for the emperor so what the fuck is he talking about. did they just think people would forget that vader wasnt in control of anything
>>
>>63737233
>Poe and Finn crash, Poe is presumed dead and then magically appears with no explanation
except he DID explain it

>Anakin's/Luke's lightsabre magically appears with no explanation
Except it WAS explained

>Kylo being Han and Leia's son is revealed rather mundanely
The reveal was fine, it happens rather early on if that's what you mean by mundane because it wasn't built up for long - but it was too important a fact to keep secret considering the direct character motivations han and leia have because of it

>no real light sabre duels, cutaway during at least one of them
Did you just not watch the end where kylo takes on finn and then rey? How do those not count as duels? Or are you memeing and haven't actually watched the movie?

>Kylo is particularly difficult to understand, most people speak quite muffled
Is english not your first language? Do you have hearing problems?

>pretty bad acting from most involved
Notably better than Mark Hamill was in ANH though
>>
>>63737265
>Blows up an entire solar system
>Apart from the planet our main plot friends are on

GG Abrams
>>
>>63737373
>>63737233
I think we can all agree that a better reveal would have been when Han said to Leia
"I saw our son"
And let it unfold in that scene
>>
>>63737382

I can't remember if they said solar system or just a bunch of planets, it was like 5 or 6 including a moon or two
>>
>>63737382
It's a different system
>>
>>63737409

It would have caught people more off guard, although maybe too well
>>
wait for the DVDrip/cam

then we can discuss it like gentlemen

right now it's just memes and shitslinging
>>
>>63737420
Why didn't they blow up the right system?
>>
>>63737153
>because anarchists want it to be bad to see the shitstorm
lolwut
the shitposting has been /pol/ retards, not anarchists
>>
>>63737451
They wanted to destroy the central stronghold of Republic - the capital planets.
They did that.

Also, that's what really bothers me. Billions probably died, the government was destroyed.
All in 10 seconds of screen time and no one gives a shit.
>>
Was it actually Coruscant? I couldn't tell
although the dialogue beforehand kind of suggests that I guess
>>
File: SW_GIF.gif (2 MB, 403x227) Image search: [Google]
SW_GIF.gif
2 MB, 403x227
I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan from PRIOR to the release of the first film in 1977 (in B4 OLDFAG). It was something of an obsession for me for all of my childhood and I later worked on the Prequels when I became an adult. I was glad not to be involved with this film because I honestly felt that working on the prequels ruined the experience for me when I watched the films on the big screen... although I secretly suspected that they were shite.

I saw Star Wars 7 a couple of days ago, prior to the release of the film publicly. I went into it with high expectations but I was happy that I'd avoided the spoilers that might have ruined the experience for me. The film started out on a bad foot for me. The opening scenes were so dark (from a luminescence perspective) that any poor bastards seeing it in 3D would suffer for it. Within the first few minutes of the film they'd killed a favorite actor (not an actor from any of the previous films but more of a cameo on this one) - which was a waste of his talent as an actor. The movie was slightly amateurish and predictable for quite a while and then I realized I'd seen this film before... back in 1977. To my horror, I realized this entire film was a re-imagining of Star Wars - A New Hope.

I'll be the first to admit that George (Lucas) micromanaged everything previously and surrounded himself with "yes-men" who were too frightened to tell him when he was wrong. To be honest, the Prequels were just horrible on so many levels. And to be brutally honest, this movie (Force Awakens) has so much to offer... and it does deliver to an extent. But I feel that the flaws of this film slightly outweigh any benefits. It's still enjoyable but it's a perfect replication of the script and storyline of the first film... From the first, second, third and fourth act... it was simply the same damned film only none of it was new to us in terms of technology or VFX.

Star Wars 7 was Meh.
>>
>>63737489
Autistpedia doesn't have anything about it but maybe it hasn't been updated yet. I seriously hope Kylo Ren doesn't get forgiven, there's no way you can come back from that, Darth Vader died at the end of ROTJ for a reason.
>>
>>63737508
Is that gif from Force Awakens or from New Hope?
I honestly can't tell.
>>
>>63737420
No, they could see it happen in the sky, that's what I thought was weird.

>>63737418
EU it was a solar system, but obviously EU doesn't count for shit anymore so your guess is as good as mine yo.
>>
>>63737508
>at least 40 years old
>posting amateurish, poorly worded star wars reviews on 4chan

You should probably kill yourself you fat manchild. I know for a fact you're a virgin and have never accomplished a single thing in your waste of a life.
>>
>>63737565
You cannot tell the difference between 70's effects and now?
Look at whats happening and think again.
>>
>>63737153
As far as I can tell the only people who unironically like it are redditors and marketers.
>>
>>63737373
>Did you just not watch the end where kylo takes on finn and then rey? How do those not count as duels? Or are you memeing and haven't actually watched the movie?
Except the climax was one of the 2 worse directed shots and I bet you can't even describe how rey beated kylo
>>
>>63737583
>No, they could see it happen in the sky, that's what I thought was weird.
A huge ass planet explosion? Half the Galaxy probably saw, at least as a bright star on the nightsky.
>>
>>63737508
>PRIOR to the release of the first film

Did you like, go to the first comicon ever or something?
>>
File: 1280405108965.jpg (22 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1280405108965.jpg
22 KB, 195x195
>>63737593
>I know for a fact you're a virgin and have never accomplished a single thing in your waste of a life.

Married a model 20 years younger than myself and won some Oscars. Nothing much to show otherwise except coin. And you?
>>
>>63737626
>I bet you can't even describe how rey beated kylo
I can.
This was so fucking stupid
>...The Force?
>>
File: VE62Oel.jpg (64 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
VE62Oel.jpg
64 KB, 800x522
>>63737664
>>PRIOR to the release of the first film
>Did you like, go to the first comicon ever or something?

No, they screened three major scenes (R2+3PO in the desert, Blast Off From Mos Eisley and Escape From The Death Star/TIE Fighter Attack) on television and released the novel 4 months or so prior to the film's release. We all had a bit of an eyefull before the movie came out. Still, nobody had heard sound effects or seen visual effects like those before. It was like eating stale unsalted crackers for years and then being given a 9 course banquet served by world-class chefs. It changed everything for every one.
>>
>>63737671
I mean exactly how he got disarmed, I've seen people saying practically anything from him losing limbs (hand and legs), to sword malfunctioning and losing power, to the sword being sliced in half proving the crossguard useless, to him just gettin a little scar on the face with god know what kind of sword manouver from that position.
>>
>>63737656
>Becuase fuck pahysics and litespeed amirite guise

As in we see it from the perspective of our main characters, they see the planets blow up in their own system, no "Hyperspace telescopes"
>>
>>63737763
>>63737671
I have now seen the film twice and still have no fucking clue how she beats him

>inb4 lol permavirgin seeing it more than once
>>
>>63737763
Those are not guards, those are exhaust vents.

Actually yeah, I don't really understand what happened. Rey stuck his sword into the ground and it somehow withered, or what?
Then he got couple of scratches and a direct pierce into left shoulder.
>>
>>63737153
it will literally objectively be the worst star wars movie you dense fuck

everyone will see that, once they watch the movie
>>
>>63738094
I am a huge SW fan. Even thought the prequels were good. Saw this new movie, I really went in with a open mind ready to like it. I walked out of the theatre hating it. There are so many things wrong with it. Only retards will love it.
>>
>>63737800
he was limping and bleeding out and finn got him with the lightsaber once
he still put up a good fight though desu senpai
>>
>>63737153
Will this top TDKR in shitposting?

have the endtimes really come?
>>
>>63737626
>>63737800

She used the force to think clearly, pushed him with the saber then ran low beside him to get away
>>
>>63737773
The weapon is 'Hyperlightspeed'
>>
File: 1306619658709.jpg (7 KB, 210x279) Image search: [Google]
1306619658709.jpg
7 KB, 210x279
>>63739106
>Even thought the prequels were good. Only retards will love it.
>>
>>63739554
But we still see the planets IN the same system as the heroes, please tell me you are just shitposting
>>
After the hype has worn off people will be willing to point out its flaws. Mark my fucking words.

I expected no less than critical acclaim when the movie first released.
>>
>>63737153
>but the movie's actually really fucking good

Except that it isn't.
>>
>>63739660

Have you seen it anon? Because the copypastas on /tv/ aren't completely accurate
>>
>>63737265
>only one inhabitable planet per system anyhow

It's like blowing up our solar system to get rid of earth. Why bother? Just in case a few humans were smoldering corpses on Mercury or swollen bags of staticy juice inside Jupiter?

The whole idea of blowing up a system instead of a planet was added just to make this thing sound bigger and more impressive than the Death Star when anyone thinking even a moment about it realizes how stupidly pointless it is.
>>
>>63739736
>only one inhabitable planet per system anyhow
Has that ever been the case in star wars lore or are you going by real life rules?

>The whole idea of blowing up a system instead of a planet was added just to make this thing sound bigger and more impressive than the Death Star
This was definitely the case though, I won't argue here
>>
>>63737508
What would you do if Episode VIII is an exact replica of Episode V (which already looks like will be with YodaLuke)? I'd go full ISIS desu, like that's it for Star Wars for me.
>>
>>63739736

Wasn't one of the planets coruscant?
>>
>>63737667

>obviously true
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.