[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 317x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 317x463
So she's a Mary-Sue right? All those shills claiming she wouldn't be were wrong again.
>>
yeah but she's adorable so it's okay
>>
Can't wait to see her get her arm cut off in the next movie, tbqhwy
>>
>>63736600
Nice looking dub dubs anon
>>
>>63736616
>tfw the story was so unoriginal this will probably happen
>>
She is mary sue 2bh, but i think it is because of kylo retardness.

Why is he so suck?
>>
Is it true that Han Solo dies?
>>
>>63736616
>>63737320
Will there be an epic winter battle too?
>>
>>63737403
He's a Darth Vader fanboy
>>
>>63737415
Yes
>>
File: 1430904209454.jpg (170 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1430904209454.jpg
170 KB, 500x598
P-post some qt Rey, please
>>
Does she get the BBC?
>>
>>63736569
>Mary-Sue
This meme needs to die.
>>
File: laughing_whores.jpg (59 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whores.jpg
59 KB, 449x401
>girl beats whinny emo kid on a movie
>whinny emo kids come to /tv/ to complain
>>
Were does she stand skill wise? Is she about the same skill as ESB Luke?
>>
It doesn't prove too much that she beat Kylo after he got shot in the dick by the most powerful hand held blaster revealed in the series thus far, had an emotional breakdown and got clipped in the shoulder by a lightsaber.
>>
>Desert orphan with an intuitive command of both the force and lightsabre battles
>... who is also a master pilot with expertise in electronics and a loveable yet rogueish wittiness
Why did they make Luke and Han into a single character and then literally castrate the result?
>>
>Implying that Rey wasn't one of the jedi in training under Luke until Ben killed them all

>Implying Luke didn't manage to save her at a young age and wipe her memory Revan style

If this isn't what actually happens and she really is a mary sue ill be pissed
>>
Why does she have Plagueis' staff?
>>
>>63738074
it's a writing term. you want people to stop talking about whether films are well-written or not? what purpose would that serve?
>>
>>63738290

She doesn't.

Side Note.

Snoke is Plagueis.

(Plagueis theme episode 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2XB1_yd14&list=PL4CBE8EC148A61E42&index=10
(Snoke theme episode 7)
http://www.itemvn.com/song/?s=F7337C0DC8
>>
>>63738319
So you're saying that Han isn't dead because Snoke will bring him back to life. Interesting theory anon.
>>
>>63738348

Actually, Snoke will bring his original creation back to life in some form or another. that being Anakin :^)

WE MISS YOU HAYDEN
>>
More importantly, she did a horrible performance, killed the chemistry in every single scene and did even felt for finn with Disney magic bullshit.

I didn't even cared about the STRONK WYMEN shit; the performance was cringy and ruined a lot of the film
>>
>>63738408

She wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. She was pretty decent actually, besides KWOD JUMPA
>>
>>63738221
Probably greater, that's the weird part.
>>
>>63738074
its not a meme you idiot
>>
>>63738263
Two dicks make a pussy
>>
File: web_30615806_9613ebc9.png (547 KB, 600x850) Image search: [Google]
web_30615806_9613ebc9.png
547 KB, 600x850
>>63737589
>>
>>63738221
She basically learned how to be a jedy in 5 scenes. Op as fuck, or just amnesia. Either way is gay.
>>
File: elliot_rodger_t479.jpg (30 KB, 479x351) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger_t479.jpg
30 KB, 479x351
>>63736569
Normal fags wont give a shit shes OP because GIRL POWER.

Original Trilogy is also bullshit cause Luke trains barley at all. but, he wasnt kicking Anakins ass until the last movie and when he was pissed.

Fuck you Jewish Abrams. Fuck you. You reall are worse than Lucas.
>>
>>63739371
Luke spends most of episode V training...and still loses...
>>
>>63739371
>Normal fags wont give a shit shes OP because GIRL POWER.

unconsciously they will. the flaws of the new film will lead to limited repeat business for the film and lower box office.
>>
is she luke's daughter
>>
>>63739495
probably
>>
>>63739495
I don't think so. I think she's "new" like Anakin was
>>
>>63739518
>implying Anakin isn't Sheev's force baby
>>
>>63736569
She's holding a BBC

The jews are conditioning us
>>
Does anybody has a capture of her on that x wing pilot helmet, she looked the qt's wearing that.
>>
>>63739518
I agree, because Snoke is almost certainly Plagueis.

It allows them to have a new main character who is not related to the old cast, it gives the main character a connection to the main villain, it explains why Rey is so strong, and it allows them to tie up loose threads regarding the origins of Anakin.
>>
>>63739533

Or maybe you're an in denial homo and see black cocks everywhere?
>>
>>63739578
You realize they're not going to use any of the EU names, right?
>>
>>63739578
Why do you say Snoke is Darth Plagueis
>>
>>63739639
This, he'll be called Darth Kontagious, just like Jakku is totally not Tatooine
>>
>>63739710
And the Starkiller base totally wasn't hoth
>>
>>63738286

Still shouldn't be able to beat Kylo since she's remembering skills she had as 5 year old, while Revan had his memory wiped when he was fully trained.
>>
>>63737403
He's literally a star wars nerd.
>>
When will we see rule 34 tentacles monster fucking her?
>>
>>63739725
Kylo was injured and who's to say he's actually good at fighting with a light saber
>>
>>63739639
Plagueis is not EU. He's directly mentioned by Sheev himself in a pivotal scene in 3. He's highly established as one of the canon most powerful Sith Lords.

>>63739641
>they have to top Palpatine somehow, the only established Sith that could do that is Plagueis
>Snoke looks extremely similar to how Plagueis is described, his race, and his action figure
>Snoke is horribly wounded
>Snokes theme is almost identical to the theme that plays when Palpatine introduces the character in 3
>Plagueis was called 'the wise', Snoke is refered to as wise at several times in the movie
>Plagueis is the only established character that could've united the remains of the empire into a new organization so effectively in such a short amount of time
>>
>>63739753

Well, considering he killed all the other students at the Jedi Academy and is the Master of the Knights of Ren I would reckon he's okay. Better than someone using the skills of a 5 year old.
>>
>>63739721
>Totally original character, do not steal
>>
>>63738319
Holy shit they do sound eerily similar
>>
>>63739750
>not wanting Maz rule34

I am patiently waiting.
>>
It was really weird, every time her and Finn were in the same scene together, the audience would start chanting BLACKED BLACKED BLACKED louder and louder. Near the end of the movie it has become unintelligible yelling and monkey noises, they were jumping on their seats and tearing their shirts off, it was kinda creepy
>>
>>63737403
>Why is he so suck?

>kylo and the empire, i mean first order = cis white GG supporter nazi geeks
>rey, finn, poe = stryng marginalised folk who can no longer be held down
>>
>>63739495
>end of Episode 8
>Luke is mortally wounded after fighting alongside Rey
>His last words: "Rey... I am your father..."
>Luke dies
>"NOOOOOOOO!!!"

C L A Y
E
R
A
M
I
C
S
>>
>>63739755
This requires a lot of mental leaps if you're not using the EU
>appearance never described in ep3
>"it's a Sith legend", not a tale the Jedi would tell
>there is, atbest, only the implication that Plagueis was Sheev's master
>>
>>63737437
>>63739728
You realize that he is not a real person?
Yes, he was written as a "vader fanboy" but that idea just translates very poorly and the movie ends up suffering from it.
There was no reason that he needed to be a "vader fanboy" and in the end it worked as detriment of the movie.
It's like you can't even properly judge a movie on it's merrits, because you haven't matured to a stage where you realize none of the characters are real and only act the way they act because they were written that way
>>
>>63740081
Nooooooo its impossible unless disney is insane.
>>
>>63740144
Sheevs face game and smug tone during the opera scene seals that he's the apprentice. He's so proud of killing his master he can't even hide it.

But I think the strongest evidence is not the appearance, but the theme, how powerful he is while not doing shit during 4-6, and the fact that they make such a heavy point of refering to him as wise throughout the movie.
>>
>>63740192
Plaguies was researching immortality. It's not too far flung that he could regenerate or simply survive death
>>
>>63739797
>knights of ren

who?
>>
>>63740192
>Sheevs face game and smug tone during the opera scene seals that he's the apprentice.

>suddenly George Lucas is into subtlety

They way people bitch about Lucas, you'd assume he would've spelled this shit out in the movie not leave it up for interpretation.
>>
>>63740242
Apparently Lucas wrote in the original script that Palaptine was Plagueis and do the whole "i'm your father/creator" type thing.

Fortunately cooler heads prevailed.
>>
>>63737425
There already was the snowy forest.

So probably an epic naval battle. With water walkers.
>>
>>63740238
Exactly, it's not unbelievable that Plagueis survived Sheevs assault, but pretended to die so that he could use Sheev as an unknowing tool without having to directly deal with his increasingly powerful apprentice. After the Empire fell, he picked up the pieces, and made the First Order.

>>63740242
Another hint is that Sheev says that Plagueis teached his apprentice everything he knew, then implies that he just so happens to know Plagueis secrets. One of the major reasons Anakin falls is because Sheev convinces him that Padme can be saved thanks to these powers.
>>
>>63740364
If this is true I wonder if the writers will be competent enough to put it out there without an info dump monologue
>>
Yeah lmao who gives a fuck
I liked Finn and Poe's carachter more, but she was tolerable.
>>
Considering how much Eu stuff TFA rehashes, Snoke being Plagueis doesn't seem that big a stretch anymore.
>>
File: laughing_ocelots.gif (3 MB, 400x202) Image search: [Google]
laughing_ocelots.gif
3 MB, 400x202
>>63740001
Holy shit.
>>
I don't get it. With how much they got right (general feel of the movie, ie.. adventurous, banter etc.) how could they fail by making one of the most obvious mistakes in storytelling?

It was just pure rubbish when Jedi mind trick scene came up.
>>
>>63738074
If she's a character where the plot moves her forward- she's a Mary Sue. Means she's not directly involved with moving the plot of her OWN movie along.

JLaw in Hunger Games suffers the same fate. She only does ONE thing in 3 books and that's where she volunteers for her sister. Which is honorable but if it was anyone else shed let them die. The rest of the series involves other people galvanizing an image for her to help their cause.

Mary Sue means someone who's just along for the ride. They don't further their own story or development. And it's annoying since they're gonna shoe horn Femme Luke as the hero of the story.
>>
>>63740675
I think it was kinda nice atleast that she failed it twice first and needed eye contact to pull it off, no matter how Mary Sue she is.
>>
>>63736569

Yeah, but bizarrely so. Like parody tier.

Makes me think they will have a reversal for her character coming. Something akin to Akira or Spider-Man.
>>
FOURTH DEATH STAR WHEN?
>>
>>63739755
>Plagueis

If Anakin and The Emperor (not least Sheev and Darth maul) existed, which they did, then Plagueis couldn't exist right?

I'm assuming Snoke is just some form of the Emperor. Like a mushed up version they scraped off the floor or some crap.
>>
>>63740719
Episode IX.
>>
She was way too proficient at the force too quickly, there's no development or buildup for her learning how to use it

Luke only used it once in the first movie near the very end, then was trained how to use the force in the second and so on and we see how he grows.

Here it's just lol pick up a lightsaber and suddenly jedi

I don't think she had any prior Jedi training either, because she was like 5 when left on Jakku. Unless Luke implanted fake memories in her or some shit, in which case why didn't he just do that to Kylo?
>>
>>63740749
Why wouldn't Plagueis be able to exist just because those other characters did? If you're thinking of the rule of two, first off it's EU, second off it's a rule, not a law of nature that physcially prevents more than two sith from existing at once.
>>
>>63740803

>First off it's the E.U.

I've never read anything or watched anything from the E.U., except those Ewok movies and Droids.

I'm pretty sure one of the characters (Kenobi) is the one who says there are always only two, a master and an apprentice.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1720x777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1720x777
I did not get the ending ? Anyone could help ?
>>
>>63740782
>Luke only used it once in the first movie near the very end

When he shoot the proton torpedos into the vent?
>>
>>63739371
>Actually called Darth Vader Anakin in an attempt to have a valid point on the matter
Get outta here
>>
>Luke only uses a Jedi mind trick after 2 whole movies and actually sees it done first hand by a veteran Jedi
>Rey does it right after she discovers she can use the force

Did no one proofread this shit?
>>
>>63740861

I'm guessing she read about it or whatever.

Sort of like how 60 years ago it would be hard for a kid to build a pipe bomb, but now he just has to google.
>>
>>63740822
That's the general rule, but nothing physically prevents more Sith. In this scenario, Plagueis would have been working from the shadows up until the end of 6, unknown to anyone but himself and perhaps a few loyals.
>>
>>63740873
>hey guys i learned how to perform what is essentially a miracle that draws upon the metaphysical, spiritual life force of the universe because the internet had a guide on it
>>
>>63740873
>Using the force to google

Now that's a new one
>>
>>63736569
> A girl who had no prior light-saber training can beat someone trained under Luke and a Dark lord.
Complete bullshit.
>>
>>63740686
Do they not have Google where you're from? Seriously, Google Mary Sue, right fucking now because if that is your description than you need to read.

The Mary Sue is a flawless self insert character, it is a bad fanfic creation and normally the Sue has a habit of trying to "fix" everything wrong in the cannon that the writer wants to change.
>>
I'm betting she was training for a good few years before a memory wipe from luke because she knew where he was hiding and he didn't want the first order chasing his daughter so he made her into a random scavenger just like he was made into a random farmer

Its the only explanation that won't make me rage
>>
>>63740944
>a girl with extensive combat training from fighting off scum on her shithole of a home planet for years can beat someone who has begun but not finished training after said person was shot in the gut by the most powerful gun in the series, cut in the shoulder by a lightsaber and just made the biggest emotional decision of his entire life
>>
>>63740782
Tbh hopefully somethings explained next movie to explain it, there's that theory going around that Kylo uses Sith artifacts to boost his power. Maybe Rey got a power boost because Lukes lightsabre was givin her +5 melee skills
>>
>>63740944

He had just killed his dad, was shot in the torso by Chewies blaster, and got his shoulder cut in the previous fight. Just fuck off.
>>
>>63740944
Trained by luke and a dark Lord, but shot in the stomach, bleeding heavily, stabbed in the side and shoulder with a lightsaber and generally probably on about 20% power when starting the fight, sure
>>
>>63740904

>essentially a miracle

Jedi's were doing that shit left and right back in the day.

It would be like NV goggles to some faggot from WW1. Big whoop.
>>
>>63740986
that theory is dumb too, the entire point of the force in the OT was that it wasn't something physical that could be replaced by technology, having a mask or whatever that gives you +5 to force powers defeats the point
>>
>>63740986
> Sith artifacts

Just stop right now. EU shit like that should stay there.
>>
File: danphonegrumpy.png (67 KB, 190x197) Image search: [Google]
danphonegrumpy.png
67 KB, 190x197
>>63737459
>favorite character dies.
Fucking dropped.
>>
File: leave-britney-alone.jpg (20 KB, 479x398) Image search: [Google]
leave-britney-alone.jpg
20 KB, 479x398
>>63740976
>>63740992
>>63740994

You have no right to judge him!

He was emotional, he'd been shot with a blaster, hit with a light sabre!
>>
>>63741023
Not that guy but your post killed itself with:
> back in the day

Now they're merely tales and legends.
You think it makes sense to start pulling that shit off? Eh, what do I know. I guess the force told her to do it to move the plot.
>>
>>63736569
Rey a shit
>>
>>63740994
This. Ren was emotionally conflicted meaning he couldnt focus enough, AND he was wounded several times. Rey faced him on easy mode.
>>
>>63741068
Well it just makes sense that maybe he wasn't in peak form to give Rey a stomping. I was glad that Finn gave him a good fight though, was tasty.
>>
>>63740861
It's not that big of a leap. She did just have the mind battle with Ren.
>>
>>63741068
You really think that getting shot by what is basically a hand cannon, powerful enough to knock stormtroopers several metres backwards, in the gut, then being cut in the shoulder by a super space sword, right after killing your father, wouldn't affect someones prowess in combat? Especially someone as fragile, emotional and conflicted as Kylo Ren.
>>
It's not that hard to believe that Rey has easy access to force powers. the way she learnes of it, and the scenes we see when she discovers the Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber, it's kinda implied she might be related to the Skywalker family.
And as we know based on the previous movies, books, cartoons etc. the Skywalker family is pretty fucking strong with the force. Rey being a natural talent isnt that far fetched plot wise.
>>
>>63741075

>You think it makes sense to start pulling that shit off?

Yeah. Why not?

She would have read and known all about these cool Jedi Mind Tricks and how they supposedly worked.

It's not like the Dark Ages that were present in the O.T. after the Jedi had been smashed down and the Empire ran the show. This is the enlightenment era.

Sort of like how motherfuckers remembered how to pour concrete after 500 years in Europe when the renaissance came about.
>>
>>63738319
fuck it's really true. darth vegas is supreme leader smoke
>>
>>63741148
Luke was obviously related to Anakin and he still had to train quite a bit to use it

Hell even Anakin needed training and he was supposed to be the Chosen One or some shit
>>
>>63741168
>Han Solo literally has to tell her that all the stories about the force are true
It's regarded as myth and legend breh.
>>
>>63736616
No no it will be her leg.

It will be pure POTTERY
>>
>>63741099
>>63741102

I'm just laughing at you apologist. Regardless even if it does explain why he fought so terribly why write that in that he gets wounded prior to the fight? Why build up your villain only to handicap him and get him instantly defeated the first time he fights the inexperience protagonist?
>>
>>63741227
Because he's not the main villain. He's going to become a good guy. How did you not catch this?
>>
worst character and actor pushed to the main lead because a female producer likes fan fiction

I'm sure her character given so much prominence is down to JJ too since he seems to be in some control on the set enough to criticize her acting
>>
>>63741182

That's because Luke knew nothing about the Jedi really. He had a vague inkling of what they were.

>>63741194

He's just verifying that the stories of Lukes deeds are true. At that stage no one would doubt the Jedi and their achievements and abilities.

If they do, then that's one massive, major, absolutely retarded writing fuck up far larger than Rey simply having Mad Skillz without training.
>>
Rey is like an EU character in how terrible she is
>>
>>63741148
Yeah. I mean it's not like Luke didn't start pulling off all those Jedi moves once old ben mentioned the existence of the force to him right. Remember when he used Jedi mind tricks to get past those stormtroopers to rescue Princess Leia?
Or that time when he lifted that X-Wing right out of that swarm all by himself?
>>
>>63741182
>he still had to train quite a bit to use it

He had, what a week or two with Obi wan, and maybe a few more with Yoda.

The rest he learned on his own.
>>
yes but she is cute
CUTE

the force in star wars is always used to do miraclous asspulls, almost as cringeworthy as power of friendship / resolve in anime and video games
>>
>>63739533

It's definitely phallic, an amulet to turn her into a male. The fact that it is huge and black isn't (necessarily) a Jewish conspiracy to promote race mixing, but it probably is
>>
I just watched the movie
She is literally good at everything
great pilot
great mechanic
great fighter
strong womyn who need no nigger
Can use force perfectly on the first try
Han loves her and wants her to join him
Chewie likes her
Everyone can't stop heaping praise on her

She is the definition of a Sue as fuck character
>>
Has anyone noticed that the whole "Jedi are extinct" shit happens way too fast. I mean in ANH you are talking about less than 20 years ago there was a huge war and Jedi all over the place. . it is like everyone in the galaxy forgot that the 80's ever happened.
>>
>>63741334

Pogroms have a way of doing that.
>>
>>63741284
Yes, and it showed in his abilities

The first movie, all he could do was use it to help him aim a torpedo

The second movie he has a better handle on it but Vader still beats him

The third movie he's older and more experienced, but not perfect. He couldn't use the mind trick on Jabba, for example.
>>
>>63741334
This isn't in 2005 when Revenge of the Sith ended bub.
And if you wanted a real answer, of course it's too fast. They had a fucking gigantic Jedi temple at the imperial planet that served as the center of the galaxy for god's sake.
>>
>>63741317
i thought they tried too hard with her

i don't really care about her being OP, luke was always pretty OP. i'm sure she'll lose a hand in the next episode or whatever.

the main thing that grated was ALL HER FUCKING DIALOGUE being witty retorts to le foolish men who thought they needed to help her / save her etc

yes we understand boyega doesn't need to hold your hand as you run
we understand you don't need the gun han is giving you etc etc etc
>>
>>63741317
Just like Luke goes from incompetent with a lightsaber to blocking blasters in the span of minutes.
>>
>>63740873
>OMG Rey how did you do that
>Oh yeah I just Googled it and found a guide

This is literally your fucking theory, hells bells are you fucking serious?
>>
>>63741383
Blocking blasters is one of the easiest shit a Jedi can do and I would be very happy if that was the extent of Rey's force use in this movie (asides from the "penultimate miracle force" moment).
>>
>>63741362

What can Rey do? I haven't seen the film yet.
>>
>>63741383
But he didn't. He didn't use a lightsaber against blasters UNTIL ROTJ.
>>
I need spoiler pictures
>>
>>63741429
Good, good... Let the butthurt flow through you.
>>
>>63741383
except Luke actually has a believable progression from novice to jedi master
Rey is literally perfect and everyone loves her because Kathleen Kennedy doesn't know what a compelling character is
>>
>>63741439
jedi mind tricks a guy from across a room without looking at him or gesturing
fucks up kylo ren in about a minute
shoots storm troopers with han solo accuracy from miles away
can fly every ship
can fix everything
so force attuned that she basically 1 on 1s kylo in force-off and he loses (multiple times)
metal gear stealth
etc
>>
>"With the blast shield down how am I supposed to fight?"
Bitch do you even starwars?!
>>
>>63741478
No thanks, that "dark side" of the force is too disgusting.
>>
How badly do Kylo and Finn get hurt? Any limbs lost or permanent damage?
>>
>>63741526
>jedi mind tricks a guy from across a room without looking at him or gesturing
It actually takes till the Stormtrooper walks up to her and looks at her for it to work
>fucks up kylo ren in about a minute
That goes against your point about he loses multiple times
>shoots storm troopers with han solo accuracy from miles away
Not really
>can fly every ship
The Falcon
>can fix everything
Reason she knew that shit with the Starkiller base is because she has scavanged Empire materials for her whole life
>so force attuned that she basically 1 on 1s kylo in force-off and he loses (multiple times)
He loses once
>metal gear stealth
I dont even get this complaint
>>
>>63741227
>main villian

He's like an anti darth, starting bad and becoming good. Look as his fucking face, he's got a stereotypical good guy face.

If anything I think he'll become good, (he fucking said I'm being drawn to the light side) and Rey will turn darm
>>
>>63741242
>He's going to become a good guy. How did you not catch this?

When he killed the fan's favourite character from the original series. He's the primary antagonist in the same vein as Vader, even if he is a sidekick to a villain higher on the hierarchy and is going to be granted a redemption arc.
>>
>>63741567
Kylo is about to be killed after he's slashed across the face
He also got gun shot
and hit in the shoulder by finn
pretty close to death before plot saved him

Finn gets slashed from the lower back to the neck
doesn't move or speak after that
>>
File: martinfreemansighoff.gif (2 MB, 320x174) Image search: [Google]
martinfreemansighoff.gif
2 MB, 320x174
>Finn has been indoctrinated as a Stormtrooper since his childhood
>He somehow developped a totally different moral compass on his own
>His arc isn't about being at the wrong place at the wrong time, having to get on board with enemies to save his life, and learning to get past that conditionning when he finally gets to discover the galaxy on his own

>Rey had to survive alone on a planet with extremely harsh condition where everybody tries to fuck over everybody
>Somehow is extremely naive and trusts everybody
>Her arc isn't about abandonning her ruthless and cold ways, and learn how to trust other being on her journey for her origins

>Poe Dameron is the best pilot of the resistance, in charge of the battle plan, is handsome, charismatic..
>Yet he's umble, appears selfless, has no flaw
>His arc isn't how this courageous and capable man gets tempted by the dark side because he thinks in his arrogance that he has better plans that what has been asked of him

J.JUST FUCK MY PROTAGONISTS UP
>>
>>63741599
He's an intentionally weak imitation of Vader who is internally conflicted like all hell. They even flat out say he's still got good in him, feels the light etc during the scene with Vaders helm.

He's going to turn, he's likely going to die in the process, but he's going to switch sides.
>>
>>63741429
>Implying in A New Hope Luke isn't blocking blaster bolts from the training droid blindfolded in a couple of minutes
Legit senpai c'mon at least try
>>
>>63741656
>He's going to turn, he's likely going to die in the process, but he's going to switch sides.

Like it makes a difference when he's getting his ass handed to him by force babbies with their training wheels still on.
>>
>Rey is a perfect strong woman who talks down to men for trying to help her, who everyone loves and can do everything on the first try

Its like they got a fanfic writer to develop this character
>>
>>63741675
And Rey just learn she can use the force just a couple of minutes ago

senpai dont be so shit desu
>>
>>63741680
this, what value does he have when he gets fucked up by someone who just picked up a saber
>>
>>63736616
>>63737320
>>63741210
>cutting limbs off
Statistically it is bound to happen twice in every trilogy.
This is getting boring.
>>
>>63741680
While horribly wounded and fucked up psychologically for taking a final, massive step into the dark that he still isn't sure was right to take.

Kylo is never made or intended to be the unbeatable, unstoppable dark. His theme is conflict and delusion.

The only fuckup they made with Kylo was revealing his face before the Han scene.
>>
>>63741675
"Han Solo: Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else. "

uhhh
>>
>>63741675
>Implying in A New Hope Luke isn't blocking blaster bolts from the training droid blindfolded in a couple of minutes

The 5-6 year old padawans were doing that shit in episode 2.
>>
>>63741592
>rey will turn dark

I wouldn't be surprised. She's pretty vicious in the lightsaber fight against Kylo, and she'll be arrogant and ambitious since she beat him.
>>
>>63741648
Yeah, okay.

Finn they should've worked a bit longer maybe.

But Rey didn't seem very trustworthy to anyone despite being a little naive. In fact, she just wanted to go back to Jakku back to Jakku back to Jakku.
>>
>>63741904
She wanted to go back to Jakku because of her family, not because she didn't trust in Finn or Han. Or that weird little alien that only have exposition dialogue.
>>
>>63736569
She's an literally an imitation of Hunger Gamesv Catniss, except that JLaw has actually better boobs than her.
Anyway it's not Star Wars, but a shit YA fanfic with a Mary Sue Disney princess.
>>
>>63741675
>training droid
Who gives a shit?

Luke wasn't blocking blasters with the lightsaber when rescuing Leia. Probably would have lost a hand back then already if he tried.
>>
>>63741904
she literally called finn a thief the first time she met him
But yeah she instantly trusts han and chewie
>>
she's a total qt so it's okay
>>
She is kind of hot in the movie
There is something about her cheeks and how they are just a tiny bit chubby, making her lips look luscious
>>
>>63736569
Shills were also insisting Isaac's character would have been significant in the movie and Driver is a decent actor.
>>
>>63742070
>she literally called finn a thief the first time she met him
and goes on whacky adventures 2 minutes after
I just think it would have been better if those two characters that didn't trust or really like each other had to cooperate to survive, for now.
You know, like what happened, but where they don't like each other after a few minutes spent together
>>
>>63742130
Driver was great. He just can't help being ugly
>>
>>63741210
>>63741742
it'll be her tits and then they'll show how stronq she is
>>
>>63742167
Or having a whiny bitchy sperglord character
>>
>realize that there has to be a conclusion to her story
>but Disney has never heard of endings
>everything must go on forever
>>
I want to have sex with Daisy after watching it
>>
>>63738319
Didn't Sheev kill Plagueis in his sleep?
>>
>>63742404
Plagueis allegedly had mastery over death and was obsessed with immortality. Maybe he didn't die, or didn't stay dead.
>>
>>63742404
He did, all of these snoke = plagueis theories are fucking retarded. SNOKE HAS SPOOKY HUMMING IN HIS THEME, MUST BE SAME GUY AS OTHER GUY THAT HAS SPOOKY HUMMING IN HIS THEME.

DARTH MAUL HAS IMPERIAL MARCH IN HIS THEME, MUST BE DARTH VADER AMIRITE?
>>
>>63742404
The theory goes that Plagueis did actually find out how to stop people from dying. More so, himself. I mean if he can creating a living being with the force he can probably do that too.
>>
>>63742451
Wait who did he create?
>>
>>63742463
Anakin
>>
>>63742463
Jedi Jesus
>>
>>63738007
In part 2 she gets the full BBC
Disney probally had to re-edit the movie because of pol
>>
>>63742495
>>63742498
Is that ever mentioned in the movies?
>>
>>63738407
Hopefully hayden kills the dindu
>>
>>63742505
they are making this shit up as they go
Its entirely possible that they can back out of it before it gets too deep
>>
>>63742522
No but it will be because Disney are hacks. Mark my words Snoke is Plagueis. My Aunty works at Lucasfilm
>>
>>63736569
She's a female Luke.
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63742173
>JJ bringing revolutionary novelty to the series to make critics shut up
I want this to happen
Does she have tits tho?
>>
>>63742635
No, Luke actually had to learn things and have an Arc, Rey is already the best at everything
>>
>>63742173
>going for the breast cancer demographic
Disney has no shame confirmed
>>
I can't wait to see her meeting with a group of cute little brave creatures to help her destroy the new death star.
>>
>>63742806
She was one of the Jedi Luke was training before Ben started wrecking shit. She being his daughter was his priority to save, which he did and wiped her memory and indoctrinated her with the thought that her family was coming back to Jakku, that way she would stay there and be safe. That's why she can mimick everything Kylo does and be successful.
>>
>>63742070
Racial profiling
>>
>>63736569
She is a bigger Mary Sue than anakin and he had the prophecy bullshit to hide behind.

An orphan left on a desert world to scavenge for her entire life is:
A great warrior that can take on a group by herself.
A great pilot.
A great engineer.
A great force user that can control it easier than Luke or Anakin.
A great lightsaber fighter that can take on a trained sith lord and result in a stalemate.

She is a fucking dreadful character.
>>
>>63742505
It would be a stepback for a Mary Sue character this big, so I go with Rey going full bulldike mode.
>>
>>63738221
She manages to be better than Luke was in Ep 6 in her first movie.
>>
>>63739371
Luke gets his shit pushed in for 2 movies, gets his ass kicked from the start to the end of ESB, and only manages to finally beat vader in ROTJ by using the Dark Side, before reverting back to the light and redeeming him.

He doesn't even kill the emperor, instead, he gets beaten by him and saved by Vader.

Luke got knocked out by a single Sand Guy in ANH. TFA starts with Rey kicking the ass of two alien raiders all by herself because of "Muh feminist power".

Rey is a fucking Mary Sue.
>>
>>63741675
Luke doesn't use a saber against a living blaster usingn opponent until ROTJ. And you know what happens there? HE GETS FUCKING SHOT.
>>
>>63741383
>Luke trains and fails with saber in 4th one and doesn't try it again.

>In the 5th he has it, but can't use it better than anyone else, gets his arm chopped off first fight.

>In the 6th it's clear that's it's gone like a year or more since episode 5. Not sure how he improved during that time because there was no one to teach him but hey.
>>
>>63742769
can't cut what isn't there
>>
>>63740823
>LUKE SKYWALKER will return..

Welcome to your SWU
>>
>>63741242
Committing Patricide = irredeemable when it comes to story tropes. The best we can hope for now is a heroic last minute sacrifice a la Vader in ep 6. The Kylo character is permanently tarnished.
>>
Christ, she is supposed to be different from Luke. You people complain about everything. What, did you want to see her get bashed in the face by some tusken raiders? Did you want Kylo Ren to be the experienced, veteran second-in-command to supreme lord serkis, and trounce her in a complete imitation of the previous films?

Not to mention there are tons of male characters exactly like her that you fucking imbeciles love, "mary sue" is just being thrown at her because this place is a cesspit echo-chamber full of young men who never grew out of their edgy phase.

If you honestly think her character or acting was any worse than Luke's you are fucking delusional.
>>
>>63743588
Can you even fucking read? Being different than Luke does NOT mean being good at basically EVERYTHING she does.

Do you understand the concept of precedent? Did yo even watch the previous six fucking movies? Movies which establish the fact that to use the Force it takes at least some level of training, usually a fuckton?

Holy shit, I don't know if this is willful blindness or autistic stupidity.
>>
>>63743588
Everything else was a complete imitation of the previous films, so they should have gone for broke.
>>
So is she
>Luke's daughter
>New like Anakin
>Leia's daughter with another man
?
>>
>>63743588
>What, did you want to see her get bashed in the face by some tusken raiders?
Not going to lie, I imagined her getting molested by aliens as a child for half a portion of food and raped by Kylo and some Stormtroopers while she was captured. I didn't even intentionally try to imagine it.
>>
>>63736616

she's a perfect mary sue to whom nothing bad can happen, so she'll cut off one of kylo ren's arms
>>
>>63743588
>>>/co/mblr

she could have been her own character with out being a mary sue. she could have had her own conflicts and weaknesses without being luke.

2/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>63743852

Former padawan of Luke who had her memory wiped, hence her skill and powers.
>>
>>63744095
I'm willing to bet in the next movie they go full on poetry and have Luke say to her "I am your father."
>>
>>63744095

>starcucks have to tell themselves this to justify their shitty movie

starfags on suicide watch
>>
File: 1450267884902.jpg (78 KB, 718x720) Image search: [Google]
1450267884902.jpg
78 KB, 718x720
I dont care if she's the fucking chosen one, she's never fucking held a lightsaber and Kylo has been doing it for like 5 years or more.

It's as cringewothy and unbelievable as going into a boxing/martial arts place and beating the instructor/veteran on first visit.
>>
>>63743852
1 and 3
>>
File: 1446832577159.png (32 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1446832577159.png
32 KB, 321x322
>>63744965
>>
My only complaint is that the protagonist is literally the worst chatacter and actor. I dont really see where she has room to grow as a character except being less rash.
>>
Didn't see her being so brilliant. I liked that she wasn't some OP fighter with no personality or le quirky quick witted stronk female lead type. Instead she is a junkyard scrapper who knows her way around machines.

For her beating Kylo Ren. It shows many times, he was weak from the blaster shot from Chewie.

Finn's character was completely useless tho.
>>
>>63738247
it was still gay as fuck to see the main villain almost defeated in the first movie
>>
>>63743062
this, she's absurd. I guess they thought the audiences were too impatient to see the new protagonist spend 2 movies to become powerful.

(also Luke beat Vader but never forget that his opponent didn't want to kill or defeat luke, just make him turn to the dark side)
>>
>>63744829

what if the instructor\veteran was suffering from a gunwound to the stomach? You could probably beat him with no experience at all.

(anyway it's still gay that he lost in the first movie, wounded or not)
>>
Quick question, which plant was destoyed?

I thought It was coruscant, but I'm fairly sure they mention some other system, even if it was, how the fuck did they manage to construct a visble from space size hole to house the sun laser in a planet near the core worlds?
>>
>>63747866
If its your first time he would beat u with 1 hand behind his back
>>
>Ben Skywalker is a handsome kid with tremendous force powers even for a shitty kid
>got trained by Han's son and daughter
>in the later novels where he was a young adult he owned a red lightsaber and was shitting force lightning - but he's still a Jedi like his father before him

>Ben Skywalker is an ugly piece of shit
>got trained by Luke and Snoke
>lost to a stormtrooper and a girl
>>
>>63736569

God, I'm dreading having to see this movie more by the day. The plebs I'm seeing it with are probably going to rant on how good it is for months, too.
>>
>>63736569
She was just better at fighting than Kylo because she's been surviving in the badlands for most of her life while all he's ever had to fight are defenceless execution targets.
>>
>>63736569
I hope Snoke realises that she'd make a better apprentice than BEN and she's full of enough repressed anger to hear him out for a bit.
>>
File: 1265468693857.png (151 KB, 432x320) Image search: [Google]
1265468693857.png
151 KB, 432x320
>>63736569
http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator/?cid=5672f76ce4b05f46c9e6cd84
>>
>>63741648
Can Poe even count as a main protagonist, he barely shows up
>>
>>63737403
I thought his acting was top notch, I admit though he kinda sucked

Except when he force stopped that lazer tho, fuck that got me a little hard desu
>>
Any webms aside from the solo one?
>>
>>63741648
>[Finn] somehow developed a totally different moral compass on his own

I don't know, it sounds like it's not the first time a storm trooper went rouge. Given they have that whole disciplinary system outlined by a commanding officer when he took his helmet off.

It's more reasonable to think the new storm trooper's are no longer perfectly disciplined since the cloning program stopped and from time to time dissidents pop up. Finn is one of those.
>>
>>63740001
Sounds like the louis CK fan club went to your screening heh
Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.