[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the EU canon? Did disney really cuck 30 yrs of bonus content? LOL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
Is the EU canon? Did disney really cuck 30 yrs of bonus content? LOL
>>
>>63733638
Blacklisted it like a Tarantino cocksuckfest all for a glib facsimile
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 699x674) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 699x674
>>63733638
>mfw SW fans literally got cücked by Disney and JJ in order to not pay mad dosh to EU writers for shit they rehashed in the movie
>>
>millions of dollars spent on shit that is no longer canon
>all those hundreds/thousands of hours that these faggots spent trying to memorize all that star trek trivia

live long and proper luke
>>
>>63733638
EU is canon because it had things Disney wanted to poach from it.

they can now do so without having to pay credence to the original creators.
>>
>>63733992
exactly yes this is what im saying here:
>>63734028
>>
>>63733638
>Is the EU canon? Did disney really cuck 30 yrs of bonus content? LOL
They did that quite some time ago. In fact Lucas shat on EU Canon over a decade ago.
Because the EU is mostly shitty fan fiction.
>>
>>63733638
No but it kind of got a decent ending with the Legacy comics. In practice though, Disney is just going to steal concepts from it and rename them to make it less obvious.
>>
The EU was never considered canon.
>>
You mean 30 years of fan fiction got cucked
>>
It wasn't all properly approved by the blandness committee for mass appeal.
>>
>>63734124
This, it was never canon in the first place. The equivalent would be like shadow of mordor being canon or the witcher games being canon. Lucas never considered the eu to be canon and now Disney doesn't. Deal with it eufags.
>>
>>63733638
>Disney buys EU
>sad that there's no Jacen/Jaina film
>"lol get over it, that story line sucked anyway"
>movie is actually a Jacen/Jaina storyline except Jacen is named Ben and Jaina is blacked
>"yes, better than the prequel"
I hate the casual fans sometimes
>>
File: happy new year.jpg (60 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
happy new year.jpg
60 KB, 720x540
>>63733638
>mfw the yuzhan vong storyline was better than the bullshit one they came up with
>>
The EU is absolute trash anyway. Force sensitive droids? Starcrushers? It's powerlevels anime tier junk.
>>
File: o147672.jpg (675 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
o147672.jpg
675 KB, 1920x818
Have any of you read anything from the EU? It's the absolute bottom of the literature hierarchy. It's where language goes to die. They don't give a fuck about canon, they don't give a fuck about internal consistency, continuity, anything. They constantly retcon one another, and once the prequels came out they were nothing more than jumping points for guest stars. They might as well have named the books by the Jedi or clone that starred in them.

And then Lucas made Episode III and killed all of the most famous EU characters in one big bloodbath. EU got cuck'd a long time ago.

In summation, if you like the EU you're a fucking illiterate retard and should gouge your eyes out.
>>
>>63734338
>if you like the EU you're a fucking illiterate retard and should gouge your eyes out.

but who else would go see star wars flicks?
>>
>>63734352
Anyone else in the world, honestly. All the EU retards are going to do is bitch about "muh looooooore" because there's no way Abrams is going to use anything from the Thrawn trilogy.
>>
>>63734378
>he doesn't want Luuke Skywalker in the movies
>>
Thrawn, Revan, and Plageuis novel were OK. The rest is crap.
>>
>>63734488
>the Revan novel
The Bastilla shit was forced and Revan seemed way too "good" for someone that was obviously a neutral gray jedi.

>>63734464
No. I also don't want clone palpatine.
>>
>thanks to Abrams and Disney you'll never see pretty pink Skywalker babies

anyone else triggered
>>
>>63734338
What the fuck are you talking about, Joruus C'Baoth survived because of the Outbound Program. Who else from the EU was killed off in a bloodbath?
>>
>>63734023
>>63734023

>>all those hundreds/thousands of hours that these faggots spent trying to memorize all that star trek trivia
>live long and proper luke

Top kek. I never thought of that.

How that wookiepedia going cùck ?
>>
>>63734578
Going fine, G-level canon and all subsidiary levels of canon are intact because only the 6 original films and EU content are true canon.

JJ Abrams is not George Lucas. George Lucas had no input in "Episode VII". It is not any level of canon.

You're BTFO by Wookiepedia.
>>
>>63734023
>>63734578
No effort at all went into those novels. Pick a character shown in the movies, slap him on the cover, maybe make a cameo from a main character, push it out. They don't give a fuck about losing the EU canon because it was all about money to begin with.

Even Lucas said he didn't give a fuck what happened and that it didn't matter to the movies.
>>
File: 1410806653267.jpg (55 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1410806653267.jpg
55 KB, 350x335
No more Darth Revan, no more Starkiller, no more force storm.
>>
>>63733638
>>63733992
EU is fanfiction tier shit. There was no QC when they were putting these books out. Some of them flat out contradict each other.

Disney realized this and axed it so they could start with consistency.
>>
>>63734689
What contradictions anon?
>>
they made it not canon because they were so sure they could easily do much better, and they could have, if they had hired anyone other than glib facsimile abrams.
>>
>>63734637
>Even Lucas said he didn't give a fuck what happened and that it didn't matter to the movies.

He cared so little that he incorporated EU stuff into his own movies without avoiding paying the EU staff their royalties.
>>
File: 1437414472619.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1437414472619.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>R.A. Salvatore's face when they kill off Chewbacca in the sequels and he still gets death threats
>>
File: 1446763359290.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446763359290.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
>Decanonize the entire EU instead of just doing what Lucas always did: try to avoid contradicting it without including it, including some of it, retconning other things while keeping the basic essence intact, etc.
>Disney acts like it's gonna be a whole new era of star wars
>almost universally panned NuEU books written by late authors who play SJW cards to deflect criticisms
>new movies include Chinese knock off versions of EU characters, locations and plot threads with names switched around so they don't have to pay Zahn, Travis and the rest of the EU Council any fucking money
>casuals and youtubers eat it up cause "hurr, at least it's not the prequels"
>Tumblr loves it cause muh stronk female protagonist (another knock off of an EU character) muh proud chocolate man fighting against evil whitey
>EU haters are forced to deal with shitty (or shittier) versions of EU shit.
>Episode VII, beyond plagiarizing others, is just a rehash of ANH in order to capitalize on nostalgia and the "experience"

Holy shit, EU and prequelfags both were fucking vindicated in one fell swoop of corporate retardedness
>>
>>63735514
Thrawn is growing stronger
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 422x750
I wonder what was going through the mind of that autistic azn faggot that runs stardestroyer.net after hearing that EU was not canon anymore.
>>
>>63735514
>people hate the EU
>been around for 30 or so years
>some is good, some is bad
>act like the new shit from Disney centering entirely around the fucking OT will be any better in 30 years

At least the EU had a lot of eras and characters and ideas. Disney is sticking to rebels vs imperials and the original trilogy entirely. I'm getting sick of seeing that shit.
>>
>>63735908

Thrawn shirts when?
>>
>>63736559
Do you really want Disney messing with the Tales of the Jedi era?
>>
>>63738443
I want Disney to say "we made a mistake and we're getting rid of all copies of VII, it never happened, we're sorry"

In other news I'm working on interdimensional travel so I can go live in the dimension that happens in
>>
>>63733638
well. Disney got a whole crew to sort throu the EU and look if something is suitable for the new canon.

all the EU is legends.. unless its not :D
>>
>>63738517

I was initially happy when I learned about that, but now I realize that just meant they were going to take iconic characters and events, strip them and water them down and avoid having to pay anyone some extra pocket change.

I swear if next movie they rip off Thrawn, I'm gonna be mad as hell.
>>
>>63734570
None, that anon is an ass blasted plebian who thinks hes a Star Wars geek for liking orange butt cheeks.
>>
>>63734488
And guest what, they're poaching Thrawn for Ep.8. Benicio Del Toro is playing a "A military master strategist who is always one step ahead of his opponents and manipulating all sides to his own evil agenda" Prepare for Supreme Admiral Nwarht.
>>
>>63738597
here you go >>63738720
>>
The EU had great stuff at the beginning but once it became a money maker they started spitting out turd after turd. I just feel bad for Timothy Zahn whos Thrawn trilogy is going to be cast away and most likely poached with no recognition.
>>
>>63736494
Seppuku
>>
File: 1445955210732.png (533 KB, 1176x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445955210732.png
533 KB, 1176x1080
>>63738720

This is like some Old Testament justice against us, isn't it? What did do we do wrong?
>>
>>63734190
You're a casual yourself for not being aware of all the garbage in the EU.

It had tons of stuff that nobody wants to stomach. Like the Vong for instance. Nobody wants to see a race of Force-immune people with lightsaber proof armor and weapons beating up skilled Jedi several at a time (yep) without breaking as sweat and engineering xenomorphs that spreay nerve toxin when they die instead of acid to hunt them.

Except maybe Sith wankers since only a Sith could save the galaxy in the end and the sith-cocksucking revelation of the dark side being the "true force" and being far more powerful than the light side which shat all over the original films.

Seriously, EU was garbage in garbage. Sure, it had some enjoyable parts. But so does a plane destined to crash. Wanting to get on board when you know what's gonna happen to it is pretty silly, no? Anakin Solo or not.
>>
File: Starkiller Base.jpg (162 KB, 1179x590) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller Base.jpg
162 KB, 1179x590
>>63740834

> It had tons of stuff that nobody wants to stomach. Like the Vong for instance.

Is the Vong really worse then the Starkiller Base? Nobody really wanted to see a new death star just get destroyed in another film. I can't see why this new EU is better then the old EU.

> Sure, it had some enjoyable parts.

Enjoyment is pretty important for a saga. Like >>63736559 I am getting sick of seeing the same rebels vs imperials shit over and over again.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.