[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /tv/ think of the speed racer movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 1836r00uxs3tkjpg.jpg (166 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1836r00uxs3tkjpg.jpg
166 KB, 640x360
what does /tv/ think of the speed racer movie?
>>
Its honestly really good imo
The visuals are fantastic too, final race is GOAT
>>
>>63732479
what ps3 game is this
>>
The physics kind of pissed me off and then the quality of the rip I had wasn't very good so I dropped it because the story was a bit cheap feeling on top of those two problems I already had. It does look beautiful though and I'll give it another shot some day.
>>
>>63732479

UNWATCHABLE

A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY

A CINEMATIC DISASTER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS

PEOPLE INVOLVED SHOULD BE TRIED AND EXECUTED
>>
>>63732479
Gorgeous. Final race is cinematic gold.

I didn't much like kid Speed or Spritle/Chim-Chim, though.
>>
>>63733002

The kid was fucking irritating, but yeah, that final race was a sight to behold.
>>
File: Cars2_Poster.jpg (1 MB, 2125x3150) Image search: [Google]
Cars2_Poster.jpg
1 MB, 2125x3150
>>63732479

Cars with people.
>>
>>63732479
i hated teh cartoons but this movie nailed the cartoons and I didnt hate it. It was a pretty good movie. Better than the last 2 matrix films and everything else them two weirdos have made since.
>>
>>63732479
I cried the first time I saw it in theaters. Loved every moment in it. Loved every flaw. Now my kids just watch it for the noise and colors. John Goodman was goat tho
>>
The first time I saw it I hated it, then I saw a few years later and loved it.
Not really sure why
>>
File: 1397449122967.png (414 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1397449122967.png
414 KB, 720x720
Saw it in theatres...well some of it.
>be dumb kid
>sneak into theatre, another couple friends work there so it's not so much sneaking as it is walking in with no problem
>movie starts, drop acid
>nothing for the first 30 minutes or so
>suddenly I remembered that I dropped acid
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>Bad trip in the middle of a race, I'm gone, curled up in the aisle and weeping
>Get kicked out of the theatre, only sober friend drives me home where he promptly ditches me as I'm freaking out by myself.
>Studdering the speedracer themesong naked on my bathroom floor in a cold sweat.

I haven't done anything harder than alcohol since. Fuck Speedracer, man.
>>
>meh whatever I'll watching this crappy adapti-

>film turns out to be a fucking Futurist masterpiece

what the hell happened
>>
>>63732479
love it
>>
>>63733574

Fantastic story. First time tripping?
>>
Rewatched over the weekend. Bretty gud.
>>
>>63732479

I've watched it about four times. The final race just gets me so pumped. Haven't watched it in years though.

Really surprising to see for the first time, I went in with absolutely no interest.
>>
It was great. I liked the style and thought the cars were cool.

Still has one of my favorite dialogues when the kid is talking to the famous exracer at the end and he says something like, 'a people thought we hated each other' after the kid learns about the corruption going on.
>>
one of the most underrated movies in years
the scene where racer x jumps his car over the viking dude's car just to punch him in the face is top fucking kek
>>
>>63732479
I think its incredibly good. Its got some annoyances, mostly as a result of them trying a little too hard to stick with things from the show, like the kid and monkey hijinks being annoying as shit, but overall, a damned enjoyable and beautiful movie.
>>
>>63732479
Absolutely fantastic.
>>
Aside from the excruciating Royalton factory tour scene and all the scenes with the kid and monkey, it's quite excellent.

My first bluray guilty pleasure, watching it in the dark my Sony XBR960
>>
File: carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>63733574
They don't call it "Speed"racer for nothing!
>>
Pretty great, accomplished exactly what it set out to do. My only complaint is that it felt a little long but I don't have a good solution to that.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
I was a huge fan of the original cartoon and they took enormous creative liberties with the source material in a way that was completely unexpected and brilliant.

We live in a decade of shitty remakes that often fail to honor the original in a meaningful and sincere way, but Speed Racer is a true exception and I can't think of any remake EVER that does anywhere close to as good a job.
>>
>>63733893
CARLOS!
>>
>>63732479
i'm embarassed to say this. but i went to it opening night. i think it came out a week after or the same week of iron man. so i went to a 10 oclock showing and it was only me and some other dude wearing a speed racer shirt.
>>
>>63735620
I saw it opening night, too. It was a group of my friends and I was the only one who liked it, I had to convince them not to walk out. I chalked it up to me being nostalgic for the cartoon, but I bought it on BluRay and still fucking loved it, now seeing all the recent positive attention I feel slightly vindicated.
>>
>>63732479
It had just the right amount of everything. Honestly, as someone who watched and loved Speed Racer as a kid, I was not disappointed. I went in expecting it to be shit, but was pleasantly surprised, in fact.
>>
Loved everything about it except calling the car a Mach SIX.

For the life of me can't understand why it bombed so hard.
>>
Shitty movie that's only value is in its visual style and aesthetics. Aside from that it's shit, but it does look pretty...
>>
>>63735927
It released the same time as >muh gritty reboot Iron Man, and it was too avant grade for the critics.
>>
>>63732479
This is one of the Anime's that inspired The Matrix (bullet time).....
>>
>>63732479
great everything except the fat kid. i disliked him because of the bad childish comedy, not because he's fat.
>>
>more like a nonja

fucking shit hack movie frauds

It's an enjoyable movie though and that last lap is pretty neat
>>
>>63732479
it's pretty good family movie and one of few animu adaptation that actually works

goddamn i love the desert race scene
>>
>>63735989
>cartoony characters who still manage to portray real relatable human emotions thanks to a fucking fantastic cast
>overarching themes of David vs Goliath, art vs consumerism (relatively deep for a kids movie)
>cheeky throwbacks to the original cartoon
>legitimately fun and joyful without being too gimmicky (save for fucking Spritle and Chim Chim)
>action sequences executed perfectly
And finally:
>the whole movie is shot on green screen, is chalk-full of over-the-top ridiculous dialogue, plot is completely implausible and absurd, yet the movie still manages to feel genuine and sincere

If this movie had been done any other way it would have been irrelevant and forgettable, just another cookie-cutter reboot.
>>
>>63732479
DUDE WEED LMAO
For real this movie stoned is amazing. Got invited by aunt to go see it with younger cousins and thought why not, turned out to be fantastic. Kid was worst part like everyone says
>>
Watched it on acid. The colors were amazing, I actually think I saw several new colors...
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.