[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that it was shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Star-Wars-7-New-Banner.jpg (320 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-7-New-Banner.jpg
320 KB, 1600x1200
Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that it was shit?
>>
The dust is far from settled, but god yes.
>>
>>63727821
>>63727846
>>63727917

whats wrong with you faggots? does it hurt that much to agree with a popular opinion? why so contrarian?
>>
It was alright.
>>
>>63727821
>Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that it was shit?

I haven't seen it.
>>
>>63727970
whats wrong with you faggot? does it hurt that much to not have to agree with a popular opinion? why so conformist?
>>
It is the best star wars movie
>>
>>63728072
That's not saying much
>>
>>63727917
So she has never used a lightsaber before, but she beats a far more competent and experienced opponent? Makes sense!
>>
>>63727821
THE DUST WON'T SETTLE FOR ANOTHER WEEK
>>
>>63727821
It was confirmed for shit the moment they picked JJ as the director.
>>
>>63727970
whats wrong with you faggot? does it hurt your brain that much to into movie criticism?
>>
>>63728055
>>63728152

> (You)
>>
>>63728115
yep, the force awakens inside her and she becomes Mary Sue incarnate
>>
is there a camrip out?
Or are we all just believing one or two anons?
>>
>>63728193
Fantastic. Can't wait for Episode 9 where she has Finn's kids, making all Skywalkers niggers from here on out.
>>
File: 1414093020020.jpg (137 KB, 596x514) Image search: [Google]
1414093020020.jpg
137 KB, 596x514
>>63728072
It does not even come close to Episode V. It's basically more of remake of A new hope than a sequel to RotJ. Abrams is a hack.
>>
>>63728222
there are a few scenes leaked. also all the leaks weve been talking about this past year were 95% true
>>
>>63728193
I live in NZ and saw it 13 hours ago. It was fucking great. Almost a reboot of New Hope but really sets the stage for the next few movies. I had no problem really caring about all the new characters especially Kylo.
>>
It was fucking phenomenal. Not even trolling or shilling, w/e. I really enjoyed it. I suppose that is all that matters at the end of the day.
>>
Jesus christ that was god awful. Maybe the hype got my expectations higher but it was literally a new hope remake with quips
>>
>>63728295
>>63728283
was it great on its own merit, or great because it was ANH rebooted?
>>
Was pretty shit, this movies version of the 'Trench Run' lasts about 15 seconds.

Dunno what the point of the Star Killer base was, it's barely in the movie and destroyed at the end pretty quickly.

It's more of a B story to the main focus about Han Rey and Ben

There is literally more screen time of Rey climbing a wall inside the Starkiller base, then there is of the battle outside between the X-Wings and Tie's and the outside of the base combined.
>>
C'était de la bonne grosse chiasse comme seul Hollywood sait en produire, une bonne coulante.
>>
>>63728339

I feel like it was a mix of both which made it deeply enjoyable.
>>
>>63728255
>It's basically more of remake of A new hope

BRAVO JJ

BRA-FUCKING-VO YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
File: 1449787281685.png (805 KB, 655x983) Image search: [Google]
1449787281685.png
805 KB, 655x983
this isn't /v/.

You don't have to pretend you hate shit just because its cool.
>>
Personal ranking of the Star Wars films now:

5=6 > 4 > 3=7 > 1 > 2
>>
>>63727821
http://pastebin.com/LZbiipR0
>>
>>63727970
What popular opinion? The film is barely out, there is no popular opinion yet.

Honestly, really bad. Will make great memes, I'm looking forward to them.
>>
>>63727821
Lets see
>bullshit lightsaber design
>copy paste slight edit script from episode 4
>my political correctness
>plot? what plot?
>all this mass marketing as THEY KNOW IT'S SHIT

My god it's a good time to be a sci-fi writer. It's never been easier to do better.
>>
>>63728479
>this isn't /v/.

Then why are you liking trash like star wars?

Why do you think episode 7 means you can post here?
>>
>>63728554
>bullshit lightsaber design

People STILL shit on that? It's extremely useful, even the movie shows how well it can be used. The lightsaber design is fine.
>>
>>63727821
Did (SPOILERS) Rey really beat Ren? that is really fucking shitty to be honest.
I mean I get that they want to cash in on that GRLL POWAH but it makes no sense from what I've gathered.
>>
Have they established what white villains will be in the next flick?
>>
>>63728628
Should be diagonal. Not horizontal. Then I would agree with you. Unless the hilt was made from cortosis, even then that's a bullshit cop out.
>>
>>63728655
Yes, she did. She was getting beaten pretty badly until she used some bullshit asspull and the whole ''force awakens'' thing happened in her. She suddenly became really good and beat Ren.
>>
>>63728655
kylo gets pretty fucked up from chewie and finn gets a nice swing in. then he fucks up finn and is about to take the lightsaber when Rey grabs it. the force "awakens" inside her and she immediately becomes super jedi Rey who beats Kylo and escapes with Finn and Chewie
>>
> not that the dust has settled
> movie isnt even out yet
>>
>>63728773
yeah it's retarded

not even luke could pull that shit off at first, but rey is suddenly magically good with the force
>>
>>63728773
It's over, Ren. I have become Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
>>
File: 1449658374709.jpg (9 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
1449658374709.jpg
9 KB, 181x182
>>63728832
pottery
>>
File: Screenshot (427).png (28 KB, 1113x141) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (427).png
28 KB, 1113x141
>>63727970
Nuff said
>>
>>63728822
It's likely that she's had some training in the past. Might be some repressed shit from her past, perhaps as a student of Luke. But for the time being it's just a mary sue asspull.
>>
>>63728877
>makes post about how stupid others are because they try to be superior to others
>same post is talking about how hes superior to others

lel
>>
Snape kills Smuggleore
>>
>>63728342
Wait starkiller is now canon for the movies? Do they have him as a sith or jedi?
>>
>>63728955
jedith
>>
So, is there a link to a camrip yet?
>>
>>63728955
Starkiller was the name of the new Death Star, I think.
>>
>>63727821
Pretty much yeah.
>>
>>63728877
Only non-fans are capable of fairness regarding SW
>>
>>63727821
When i was at the store i caught a glimpse of the New York Post (or Daily News) they gave it 2.5 stars and said it was good but it kept referencing the first movie to the point where this movie didn't offer anything new.
>>
/tv/ is the most tryhard contrarian board in existence.

I'm not really into Star Wars. Watched the previous ones maybe once or twice. This was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. It has gotten a massive positive response from both fans and casuals.

People who were more invested in Star Wars than I were crying from joy in the theater. It wasn't shit by a long shot.
>>
>>63729004
Thats gay af. Wouldve been cool to have him in his sith form
>>
>>63728283
give it some time, the new movie feel will wear off eventually
>>
File: bravo_abrams.jpg (429 KB, 954x800) Image search: [Google]
bravo_abrams.jpg
429 KB, 954x800
>>
>>63727917
wow thats bad
>>
>>63727821
Literally a bait poast.
>>
>>63727917
so fucking fake
>>
>>63728479
>You don't have to pretend you hate shit just because its cool.
Isn't that what /tv/ does?
>>
>>63727821

Eh, my take is that it was a somewhat better star wars version of JJ's star treks. Very well cast, great score, interesting set design, some overwhelming CGI but overall a lot of visuals, etc., but suffers from a lack of character development and all the fan service rhymes. Also, the fact that Disney plans to make about 10,000 star wars movies following these same characters, the narrative of this one film is pretty thin.

Good, not great, but still a fun movie overall. Anyone who says it sucks is a stick in the mud.
>>
Its not perfect but its not bad either.

J.J did a decent job considering the amount of pressure on him.

If you're going into this expecting a George Lucas vibe you're being an idiot.
>>
>>63728955
No, because no one has seen the movie yet you stupid fuck.
>>
>>63728809
It's legend of korra s1 all over again
>>
>>63728479
If my hate was pretend I wouldn't spend so much time on 4chan.
>>
>>63729191
The point is, anything about remaking ANH was unnecessary and a waste of time

All of a sudden the public narrative is the OT is dead and needed resurrecting when most people could enjoy 1977 fine today.
>>
>>63729204
>What is Europe
The movie came out yesterday.
>>
>>63729046
ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES
>>
File: 1420321143067.png (76 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1420321143067.png
76 KB, 320x240
>>63728944
He's dead, anon. He an heroed himself.
>>
>>63729191
So it's forgettable milquetoast? Sounds like JJ.
>>
>>63729191
indeed
dont expect nothing but crazy ass CGI and space explosions watching this forgetable movie while eating junk food
>>
>>63729191
>63729191
Everything is subjective anyway, personally I enjoyed it for what it was.

I can understand why people would be dissapointed. But I don't think it's a "bad" movie.
>>
>a sand rat bitch
>fights a "sith"
>wins easily

Why do women think theyre invincible?

Fuck this feminist utopia shit.
>>
>>63728773
I thought that the same mental shenanigans happened as had already happened before
>>
>>63729309
great blog senpai
>>
>>63728295
>Not even trolling or shilling, w/e. I really enjoyed it. I suppose that is all that matters at the end of the day.

so you're a pleb and you're proud of it?
>>
>>63729174
>lack of character development
There's already far more character development in one film than across all of the Lucas films
>>
>>63729414

To me, it felt like J.J. looked to much into the word ''episode'', and forgot how well the previous movies stood on their own. This one doesn't, at all.
>>
Its decent. But one thing I absolutely cannot avoid bringing up is how fast the movie moves. Theres lots of shit always going on on screen at all times, its so dense people are always running with explosions behind them, lots of people are fighting in the background etc. and shouting. This doesnt sound like it would be a problem, but there is pretty much no character development to make you care about what is happening to people in a scene, its just one action set piece into another, it never stops. All the character development comes from a person in a scene glaring at someone else for a second whilest the camera zooms in on their face and then they fight or divulge some meaningful information. The exact same editing and direction as his Star Trek movies, where the whole thing is moving at a break neck pace and doesnt slow down for a fucking second to make a scene with the characters, the camera is always zipping around and moving, and sitting at a dutch angle to make scenes look interesting and tense. The camera is very rarely sitting still.

I dont know, maybe this is just the way action movies are made now, but I will always prefer the camera sitting back and actually letting me see the action in a clear scene, and being able to place characters in the set piece.
>>
File: 1399782802722.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1399782802722.gif
2 MB, 438x363
why didnt we just get Sheev revived from the dead for this movie?

fucking jj.
>>
File: jewjewbinks.jpg (160 KB, 630x421) Image search: [Google]
jewjewbinks.jpg
160 KB, 630x421
>>63727821
Jews gonna jew
>>
>>63728822
he was injured from like four wounds and mentally unstable, she could take him
>>
Still gonna see it but don't think I'll care for the characters that much like I did in Creed.
>>
wait, it's out? I haven't touched my TV or gone outside for a week (granted I usually go for that long) because I was being inundated with star wars advertisements and shit everywhere I went. I wanted to fucking puke.
Whatever, time to start spoiling friends and family before they go see it
>>
>>63728245

This is JJ's true legacy.
>>
>>63727821
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little children
>>
File: She's right.png (676 KB, 981x639) Image search: [Google]
She's right.png
676 KB, 981x639
Doesn't matter op. WE STAR WARS NAW

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/10236158/force-awakens-diversity
>>
>>63727821
Yeah it was bad. I don't shit post the film, I don't care about the black dude, or the chick being the hero, I don't have much attachment to the series except enjoying the originals a lot when I was 10, I don't care about the general lore - I just care about movies in general and this was a bad one. I at least expected to enjoy it in the way Abrams movies are usually enjoyable as easily digestible visual spectacles albeit without substance but it wasn't even good in that sense. It's probably his worst film.
>>
>>63730162

Why the fuck is this considered an achievement? These fucktards were picked because of their skincolour/gender which is precisely what they're advocating against. God forbid they cast people based on TALENT and ABILITY instead of trying to meet some diversity quota.

This movie would've been 10 times better with actual good actors. Oscar Isaac is an actual good actor so I have no qualms with him. But I refuse to believe they couldn't find anyone better for the rest. This movie would've been so much better with proper casting.
>>
>>63729592
I agree about it's tone - basically the plot elements of New Hope imagined through JJ's directing style which you nailed. It's fast and a lot of shit happens and there is always something visually "cool" happening in most scenes.

and I don't think it's bad at all. People in the current year watch films differently, many of use have been conditioned from early childhood or even birth with internet content, which is a fucking barrage of cool images.

Would moments/scenes/acts where there is some respite be a good thing from a filmmaking perspective? Probably, but I certainly don't hold it over JJ for taking the option that's going to stiffen the dicks of the audience the most.
>>
>>63729174
I thought JJ Trek was far better. JJ's first Trek was an entertaining stand-alone movie. JJ Wars is fan-service and nostalgia, and a copy of ANH.

How many scenes did we have to sit through where Boyega was wearing a helmet, before we saw his face? How are we supposed to give a fuck about a big dumb helmet? It was like watching a kids cartoon.

Maybe kids will love it, but the movie relied on nostaligia so much that you can't really use the excuse that it's a kids movie.
>>
>>63730288
Anon what the fuck are you on about? The new cast was excellent. Jesus christ have you watched the original trilogy recently? It's not like there was anything spectacular in those performances.
>>
>>63730162
hahaha

Stupid fucking JJ Abrams, hedging his film like a sneaky fuck.
>At least if it bombs people can say I did good for making minorities the leads
>>
>>63729166
No, /tv/ hates things because the main characters are women or blacks.
>>
>>
>>63727821
I feel cheated, I went in wanting to see the new Star Wars but I just got A New Hope with a fresh coat of paint
>>
>>63730384
The black dude and the latino were alright though the black dude was just acting as a black dude so it wasn't a great thespian achievement. The chick was terrible and had no chemistry with anyone. Weird looking bad guy was either really bad or really good depending on if it was intentional for him to play the least intimidating villain in movie history. Oh and you want to talk about the original cast putting in a bad performance? I disagree that they were poor in the originals but they certainly fucking phoned it in for this one. I bet Ford only agreed to do the movie if they wrote his character out of the series. He looked miserable in every scene.
>>
>>63730288
Face it, the casting wasn't even that bad, movie would've been fine even with the black, woman and latino quota, the problem is the fact that Ray's character is a mary sue, that kylo ren is a weebo that JJ wasn't able to direct a decent swordfight, that the story was stupid and went on with giant coincidences and the only thing that saves the movie are the humour and Harrison Ford
>>
>>63730573
Delete this post now. That atrocity is too terrible to speak of.
>>
>>63730606
I'll probably come off like I'm dick-riding this film, but honestly fanboyism aside I have no major issues with any of the acting, but hey I'm no master critic
Poe: Charismatic, and almost a bit Han Solo-ish in some scenes. Granted he doesn't have the vibe that Ford does, so it's arguable he was a bit vanilla. Having said that, he was a side character really.
Finn: I thought he did a great job of being a bewildered and naive former trooper. His job was to be an earnest but clumsy sidekick to Rey, which he was. Now that I think about it he was actually great comic relief. His function in the plot is not unlike Leia in ANH, but his acting is much better.
Rey: A real gem. I went in not liking her face but now I like her face. I went in thinking the whole stronk female schtick for this film wouldn't hold up, but with the force lore it works just fine. She's competent in a believable way.
Orange lil black woman thing: Was great 10/10 don't belief the racists
>>
>>63730957

Rey was by FAR the worst part. Whoever played her can't act for shit. I am still in shock at how bad her performance was.
>>
>>63727821
Heres Daisy Ridley "Acting"
https://vidDOTme/J75z
>>
It wasn't shit but it was really just ANH 2.0
>>
>>63728283
Why was it released early everywhere but America
I'm not seeing it just for this reason, fuck you JJ
>>
>>63731000
More like ANH 0.5
>>
>>63730987
shes fucking awful
>>
Poe is a flat character but I like him
Finn is better than I thought he'd be, but sometimes a bit too much comic relief and "ghetto"
Rey is okay I guess, she's not the best actress but it's fine
Old orange thing is like yoda if yoda was complete garbage
Kylo is good when he is angry as shit, but just a whiny emo kid in other moments
Han is an old exhausted grandpa, you can tell, it makes me sad
Leia is an exhausted grandma who needs every dollar she can get from staying alive for further episodes
>>
>>63729054
No that's /mu/
>>
>>63727821
>IF I SAY ITS BAD, I LOOK LIKE I KNOW MORE ABOUT FILM
>>
>>63727821

>It's popular and well-received
>so w-we hate it, r-right g-guys???

Fucking /tv/, I hope you all die
>>
>>63731182
Is it?
I've seen a shitload of reviews saying it's too safe of a movie, basically a remake of episode 4

Also a few plot holes and too many references to OT
>>
>>63727821
JUST GLIB MY FACSIMILE UP
>>
>>63728812
Movie is out here you fuck.
Go suck some cock ameripoor.
>>
>>63731074
Every movie does that
>>
>>63731182
>It's popular and well-received
I think you meant
>It's constantly spammed across all media and gets good reviews by paid shills
>>
>>63731205

>He can't read

No helping you, kid
>>
>>63731182
>>63731205

It's really strange. Every review says it's a stale rehash but still gives it a 5/5. I don't understand it.
>>
File: Pepe Phasma.jpg (186 KB, 847x728) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Phasma.jpg
186 KB, 847x728
>>63731205
>dont see the movie for yourself
>believe people who hate on it because hating/complaining about things is cool and edgy on the internet
>>
>>63731257

>all good reviews are just shilling

Lol @ this fag
>>
>>63731207
kek.

>>63727821
It was hot garbage. Seems you can't criticize it without being a troll or contrarian, but man, I wanted it to be good, but it was so average
>>
>>63731273
It's been a long time since episode 4.

It's more of the same really, but it's solid enough that I'd rate it a 8.5/10 or something. Maybe 9/10 even, I enjoyed it.

It's just a very safe movie.
>>
>>63731277
Joke's on you, I saw it 5 hours ago at the midnight premiere in my town.

It _IS_ an ANH remake
I liked it, but there is no denying that.
>>
>Rey: Mary Sue. Can do anything and everything because she opens up to the force even though it took Luke years to get good.
>Poe: X-Wing pilot Mary Sue. Think Wedge x10
>Finn: Comedy relief but alright otherwise
>Maz: Shit version of Yoda
>Kylo: Twisted fucking psychopath
>Snoke: Shit version of Sheev
>Hux: Shit version of Tarkin
>Phasma: Bait for Boba Fett autists and feminists who think "women can be badass too!!" Even though she gets comically kicked around by Han and Finn.

>>63731131
>>63731182
Disney shills please go
>>
>>63731368
Rey was a jedi in training already, she had her mind wiped by Luke
>>
>>63730384
The original was fucking low budget you retard
>>
>>63727970
it sucked ass and was basically a reboot with cameos to cash in, it doesn't even have good meme material like the prequels
>>
>>63731392
While this theory is very likely, for the time being it's still only speculation. Looking at this movie alone, she's a Mary Sue so far. J.J. said this movie should be able to stand on its own as a stand alone, but it cannot.
>>
>>63731442
I agree, it cannot stand on its own.

The whole map thing bugs me too.
>>
>>63731118
>>63730987
I said this to a number of people and got told she was the best thing in the movie. Am I wrong?
>>
>>63730606
>Weird looking bad guy was either really bad or really good depending on if it was intentional for him to play the least intimidating villain in movie history.

lol compare how intimidating Darth Vader was when his underlings reported their failures. Kylo Ren just throws temper tantrums and destroys computers.
>>
>>63727821
It released in the middle east before america right?
>>
>>63731483
I thought she was alright. Nothing special, not unwatchable. She is kind of cute.
>>
>>63731496
Holy shit Kylo slashing up the room with the lightsabre twice got some of the biggest laughs of the movie.
>>
>>63731496
>Kylo Ren just throws temper tantrums and destroys computers.

That was probably his best moments for me though personally.

I liked that he was more brute. He's not an evil mastermind who is always calm and self controlled. He is often pure rage and can't handle it so he just breaks shit.
>>
>>63729283

Story?
>>
I can't express in words how disappointed I am. [Spoiler] Han's death was handled so beautifully[/Spoiler] but it feels like that scene was written first, and the rest of the film was written around it.

I actually feel ill. I waited 10 years for this? God damn it Jar Jar Abrams.
>>
Daisy "I can learn how to do everything if the situation calls for it" Ridley
>>
>>63728655
>>63728773
Were you even paying attention during the film? Jesus christ. Kylo Ren hasn't even finished his 'training' yet; he even nearly listens to what Han tells him. The point is he's weak, and he's really desperate to follow on in Darth Vader's footsteps. Nobody knows a thing about Rey and her backstory, she could be strong as fuck for all we know; she doesn't just know it yet. Don't really see how the bit where she beats Ren is a big deal desu, what were you expecting to happen?
>>
>>63728146
ten years from now
>>
>>63731392
She was like 4 years old when she was left on Jakku. You saw it in the flashback
>>
>>63731712
Why does he want to follow in Vader's footsteps, though?
>>
Good god....

Maz's character was awful, Leia's acting was stale, the film heavily borrowed from the original trilogy, and the screenplay had needless quips.

There's so many more things I could list, but this movie was overall extremely disappointing.
>>
>>63731712
Yet the build him up a lot. He can stop blaster shots and keep them in mid-air while focusing on other things. He can read people's minds. He's not weak, at least when it comes to the force. He's one terrible duelist though.

And yes it's true we don't know about her backstory, but for the time being it feels really lazy. This movie was supposed to be able to stand on its own, but it can't. It desperately needs the other movies to explain even the simplest of things for it.
>>
>>63727821
It was. I blame Kylo.
>>
>>63731712
So she's Alice from resident evil? Well that was a good character.........
>>
>>63731764
So many quips. I fucking hated that Finn had to be funny at the end of almost everything he said. Made it feel even more like a generic action movie than a Star Wars movie.

The movie was a huge letdown.
>>
>>63730094
DUDE ANIME LMAO
>>
>THIS IS THE MILLENNIUM FALCON YOU'RE HAN SOLO

Has she taken any lessons acting or anything?
>>
>>63731712
>>63731784
I took it as more like he really wants to be a sith but he can't hack it and he's just kinda bad at being evil. There's that bit where he's praying to Darth Vader's helmet to help him resist the light side and he's constantly hitting his wound to try and get himself angrier and he can't even mind rape Rey properly.
>>
>>63727970
>Popular = Good
>Therefore McDonalds is good food

Fuck off w your shit logic
>>
>>63731982
He can mindrape everyone except Rey, because Rey is either a Mary Sue or secretly trained in her past.
>>
>>63730352

Agreed. I suppose a slightly better Into Darkness would've been the better comparison.
>>
File: really m8 mfw.jpg (66 KB, 498x532) Image search: [Google]
really m8 mfw.jpg
66 KB, 498x532
I was disappoint desu. ANH remake, Oscar Isaac's worst performance in my opinion and Kylo was only cool when he had his mask on.. He reminded me too much of Hayden Christiansen really..
>>
File: 144986296345.png (191 KB, 734x311) Image search: [Google]
144986296345.png
191 KB, 734x311
>>63727821
>it was shit
says you
>>
>>63731967

It's so, so painfully bad. Her character isn't even particularly badly written, a good performance could have really gone a long way and she fucked it.
>>
File: RIP_Doggy.gif (1 MB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
RIP_Doggy.gif
1 MB, 250x204
>>63731182
>Literal remake of A New Hope
>Hurr durr b-b-but it's good and populouuuuur

I hope sheeple like you fucking die of mass shooting
>>
>>63732315
It was at 100% before m8.. It's only been one day.. it's a litteral 4/6 star movie at best
>>
File: smugoka swirl.gif (2 MB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
smugoka swirl.gif
2 MB, 492x492
>>63730094
>Fractale
>>
Anybody got the screen of Luke from the end of the movie?
>>
>>63732394
name one movie that's a 100%...
Yeah I thought so, what do you expect
>>
>>63732598
My point is that it is dropping m8.. This doesn't even deserve to be at 80%
>>
>dust has settled
>movie isn't even out yet for half the world

FUCK THIS MEME
>>
It's essential glibcore
>>
>>63731123
>Kylo is good when he is angry as shit, but just a whiny emo kid in other moments

Hey look hes exactly like Annakin
>>
Shit? No. But it was disappointing. It's literally the Avatar of Star Wars.
>>
>no-one really cares that Han dies, only Chewbacca (!) really emotes, Leia doesn't even cry
>Kylo's motivation makes no real sense, seems to hate his parents for no real reason apart from edgelord
>new empire has 90% of Luke's travel but doesnt just search the one section of map they don't have
>starkiller doesnt really do anything that a Death Star can't, and it takes an entire sun to power it
>blow up Coruscant for some reason
>everyone leaves their enemies alone for no reason (everyone to Kylo, Kylo to Finn, then Rey to Kylo again)
>everyone apart from the bad guys do literally nothing for 3 decades
>Poe and Finn crash, Poe is presumed dead and then magically appears with no explanation
>R2 reawakens with no explanation
>Anakin's/Luke's lightsabre magically appears with no explanation
>General Hux (?) is some terrible fucking casting, almost as bad as Kylo
>Why does Kylo wear the mask?
>Kylo being Han and Leia's son is revealed rather mundanely
>no real light sabre duels, cutaway during at least one of them
>strange editing and pacing in general
>millenium falcon can enter star killer via warp drive, disables the shield so everyone else can get through, despite entry being possible anyway
>Kylo is particularly difficult to understand, most people speak quite muffled
>terrible attempts at humour, though delivery was good
>pretty bad acting from most involved
>Luke doesn't even speak, just gaped at Rey like she was naked
>good guys avoid fire by just running/flying in a straight line

I liked it.
>>
>>63729592
This is called the Nolan Factor. Throw as much stuff as you can, as quickly as you can, thus people won't have the time to think about what they just saw, and eventually realise it makes no sense.
That's what he did for TDK, TDKR ending, Inception second half, and so on. And just look at how these films are viewed by modern audience... it doesn't backfire, and people feel smart because the film is pretending to be "complexe' and they understood it.

I can fully see why they would do this for Star Wars, or even any big blockbuster (Skyfall is also a very good exemple of this).
>>
>>63734830
>using spoilers

C'mon mate.
>>
>>63727821
Literally A New Hope all over again. JJ can't make an original movie if his life depends on it.
>>
>>63734830
The new empire didn't have any part of the map
>>
It was good. 7/10.

But man did the reviews go OTT.
>>
>starkiller doesnt really do anything that a Death Star can't, and it takes an entire sun to power it

It didn't need to be orbiting the planet and was able to destroy more than one planet at a time

>millenium falcon can enter star killer via warp drive, disables the shield so everyone else can get through, despite entry being possible anyway

Obviously wasn't reliable and only mary sue pilots could probably pull this off
>>
Did she fugg the nigger or what?
>>
The more this horrible mess goes on the more the OT being good looks like a complete fluke.
>>
>>63735100
Nah and he's a vegetable now
>>
Finn should've died, that would've actually been a shock and a departure from this rehash.
>>
>>63735118

Will she fugg the nigger in the next movies or he is just a beta orbiter?
>>
I rate it equal to Return of the Jedi

There are some serious problems with the inappropriate comedy and the very awkward exposition that could have been fixed with a more even hand writing it
And exuberance to be making a star wars film expressed by everyone shouting excitedly at things

Star Wars is not complex story telling, it starts in med res and you get some backstory explained as it goes
But the discussion on how to blow up the star killer base was like one of those forced scenes of background discussions from Myth Busters
Its nothing like the Death Star briefing which is simple and direct
And didn't have people mugging for the camera
>>
>>63735192
in media res
>>
didnt ackbar used to be an admiral of a fleet

why is he hanging around a base not really doing anything

did he get demoted
>>
>>63735242
who said its Ackbar?
>>
>>63735100
>Did she fugg the nigger or what?
No, but it will happen at some point in a prospective sequel. I wouldn't be surprised, considering how much media released these days is promoting race mixing.
>>
the fucking intro text was like 4 sentences, they could have solved a lot of my issues with it if they just put some more text in explaining what the fuck happened after the destruction of the 2nd death start, even if it was only brief. the movie makes no effort to try and even briefly explain the political climate and what's going on in the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>63735277
People dont do more than have a chaste kiss in star wars films, dont be lewd
>>
File: contra diction.jpg (553 KB, 733x1024) Image search: [Google]
contra diction.jpg
553 KB, 733x1024
>>63735297
They re-established the Republic
There is a pocket remnant of the Empire
Within that pocket there is a resistance that the Republic has been aiding

So basically the Resistance are like the Contras in the 1980s
And Leia is Reagan
And she even has a coke connection
Its like poetry
>>
>>63735100
heavily implied they will, they fall in love and its forced as hell before dude goes into a coma

the skywalker line will forever be black, white males are evil and race mixing with blacks is the only way to peace
>>
>>63732732
>HURR THE SCORE'S GOING DOWN.

Motherfucker, it'd be dropping from a perfect score regardless of whoever reviewed it. That's how a critical aggregate works - if someone dislikes something, the rating goes down. And with a movie with nearly 200 reviews, you're bound to have at least a handful of people who won't like it. And as it stands, that's a 5% drop from a perfect 100% - hardly cause for alarm.

The thing that matters is that it's one of the best-reviewed blockbusters of the year by over 90% of critics. Even if you don't like it, that doesn't affect its overall score. That's where the audience rating kicks in. It will stabilize a few days from now, and it looks to be stabilizing above 90%. The same idea applies with IMDB or whatever other measure of internet success you're going to look at.
>>
>>63735339
>forced as hell
they've been running around together in danger for half the film
For more than a thousand generations thats how people have fallen in love in movies
>>
>>63735297
thats because its a rehash of ANH and they just rebooted it all but with SJW and mixed races
>>
let's not discuss politics in star wars again

the prequels were enough of that shit

i just think of the first order as the remnant of the empire and the republic defeated them, they destroyed most of their forces and decided they were contained. job done, the new order has a part of the galaxy which isn't too important, but they're still oppressive and the republic supports the resistance heavily.
>>
>>63735339

Thanks. Guess I am not seeing this kekoldry.
>>
>>63735328
>that poster
>AGAIN
>>
>>63728055
>>63728152
>>63728172
Same fag is strong with this one
>>
>>63735371

me neither

>paying for this shit
>>
>>63735242
Same species but didn't even look like Ackbar
>>
>>63735363
>sjw
what was princess leia originally? take charge, no nonsense, talking back at vader and tarkin, bossing around solo, shooting plenty of stormtroopers herself
as for a black dude, who is Lando?

stop being a meme spouting paranoid fool
>>
>>63735328
except that analogy doesn't work. it'd be more like the allied nations allowing a smaller nazi state to exist after ww2 and just giving some aide to a ragtag army of rebels to finish them off. doesn't make sense to me.
>>
What was the point of Phasma, I hope she has an actual role in the next movie
>>
>>63728773

Bullshit. There better be some Darth Revan level amnesia.
>>
>>63735427
she should have been the one that BTFO fin with that weird batton thing that can block a light saber.
>>
>>63735392

KFC is over there brotha. We should only go after we finish our blm protest.
>>
File: listen_here_boy.png (56 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
listen_here_boy.png
56 KB, 442x341
>>63735301
>implying it won't be implied that they have kids in the future
>the line of the jedi now resides in half caste niglets

good job letting it happen goyim. you'll have to forever hold your peace now too, because it will be considered racist if you don't agree.
>>
File: used to be.jpg (44 KB, 384x770) Image search: [Google]
used to be.jpg
44 KB, 384x770
>>63730987
>>
I saw there is a nigger as a main character so I haven't watched it

I don't like niggers
>>
>>63735427
She was supposed to be created as the 'new boba fett,' where in theory she was supposed to be cool and a bad ass.
>>
>>63727821
TRAITOR
>>
>>63735417
>it'd be more like the allied nations allowing a smaller nazi state to exist after ww2
They did, Francos Spain
>>
>>63735463
Who said who Reys parents are?
And there is Always Ben
>>
>>63730987
>people in the audience laughing at how bad she is
>>
who was that old fuck at the start that knew who ren was?
>>
>>63735470
Everyone's trying to tap into the Chinese market now, that's why they chose the most Asian looking white chick in Britain.
>>
It was alright. Visually stunning, but forgettable.
At least they kept the lightsabers to a minimum and didn't let the story get in the way of a good action scene.
>>
>>63735392
right because leia was the main character and didn't need to be rescued from the death star, she also fought off darth vader with no training and awakened super force powers stronger than even the trained sith she fought, who's companion is a bubbling idiot ape who dendonuffin wrong who falls in love with her at first sight and doesnt mind killing tons of stormtroopers which could be his comrades after refusing to fight with them against the rebels, and white males are bad
>>
>>63729309
At least shit like furious 7 is entertaining on a level of laugh out loud implausibility. I feel this will be quite bland to me
>>
>>63735558
Cast asian Britt and a nigger?
>>
File: 2ec[1].png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec[1].png
572 KB, 600x580
>>63730987
>everyone's forgotten about the Jedi
>no one believes Luke Skywalker existed
>some random bitch knows exactly who Han Solo is along with specific detailed about his ship's capabilities

GLIB
>>
>>63735608
The Jedi are basically a myth, even during the prequels people in pleb like situations would have gone their whole lives never seeing a jedi

She's also from some scum planet like Tatooine where people would probably know about big time smugglers like Han Solo
>>
Surely someone has leaked this online by now? I'm not paying.

Inb4 rickroll
>>
File: super8superficialrerun.jpg (103 KB, 510x336) Image search: [Google]
super8superficialrerun.jpg
103 KB, 510x336
>>
>>63734830
Yeah what was up with that, how the hell did he get out of there? He just shows up again at the rebel base or whatever with absolutely no explanation of how he got there.
>>
>>63727821
Finn was shit and cringey as fuck but it wasn't bad. Surprisingly really liked Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux.
>>
>>63730987
>You're Han Solo!
>I used to be.

What the fuck does that even mean? What kind of bullshit writing is this?
>>
>>63735602
Finndu is just a comedy sidekick. The chinks will love that nigga being portrayed as a clown.
>>
>>63731123
>Finn
>sometimes a bit too much comic relief and "ghetto"
This pissed me off so much. Why do they have to make a black guy act like the stereotypical ghetto boy in star wars of all things? Surely rap has died out in the Empire?
>>
>>63735235

in medias res

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_medias_res
>>
>Abramedy
>Noun
>The insertion of extensive and inappropriate comedic moments into a previously dramatic, though at times humorous, franchise.

Why did they insert so much goofiness into it?
>>
>>63727821
If by shit you mean awesome.
>>
I really hope Damon Poe gets a bigger role in the next movie. Boyega was good, but Poe was great, I would prefer if those two actors swapped roles.
>>
>we want to reproduce a new hope and we need a rebellion fighting against a superior force but the empire is in serious decline after ROTJ so instead lets create an extremely contrived and confusing situation where all of the main characters from the old movies are fighting as part of rebellion in the tiny left over part of the empire
>>
Is Daisy Ridley really as bad as all the critics are saying?
>>
>>63734830
>>63735652
Poe was ejected before the crash, then got off Jakku separately to Rey and Finn, pay attention familia
>>
>>63735704
>finn comic relief
everyone was doing it
>>
Mark my words: the prequels were more original than the after trilogy. They weren't necessarily better.
>>
>>63728283
>>63728295
This.

I felt like a 7 year old kid again.
>>
>>63735735
Not really, no. Boyega, on the other hand, was terrible.
>>
>>63735556
he didn't
he new the pilot and leia and luke
>>63735565
you're seeing things that aren't thre
>>
Star Wars is not Star Wars unless Lucas directs or has some involvement.

This does not feel like a Star Wars equal, this is JJ living out his boyhood dream of directing his fan-fiction.
>>
>>63735729

>bigger role than a nigger in a kek movie

Don't think so m8
>>
>>63735773
>Star Wars is not Star Wars unless Lucas directs
Empire Strikes back?
>>
>>63729309
>dont expect nothing but crazy ass CGI
You talking about the prequels now, son?
>>
>>63735773
Lucas had his chance, and he fucked it up.
>>
>>63735773
> this is JJ living out his boyhood dream
yes everyone shouting excitedly about what they've just done sounds like his own exuberance
>>
Who are those storm troopers behind kylo ren that have different weapons during Rey's flashback
>>
>>63735791
Note i also added involvement.
>>
Can you please tell me why the resistance exists and has limited resources when the New Republic has been back for 20 years? I don't understand
>>
>>63735847
or how can the first order build a Death star large as a planet if the empire couldn't?
>>
>>63735704
I think you forget that this happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

>rap hasn't been invented yet
>>
>>63728115
Wasn't it speculated she's Luke's daughter and she had her memory wiped after Kylo Ren slaughtered the rest of the academy so she likely already had sick training?

You can't erase muscle memory.
>>
>>63735692
>Obi-Wan Kenobi. That's a name I haven't heard in a long long time.

What the fuck does that even mean? What kind of bullshit writing is this?
>>
Star wars being streamed now
>>
>>63732598
Toy Story is the perfect movie, you fuck
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story/
>100%
>>
>>63735823
George was involved by creating the characters and setting.

This was the best Star Wars in 30 years.
>>
>>63736015
She was like 4 years old when she was left on Jakku.
>>
>>63735763
he talked about knowing who ren's father was. wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>63735847
The New Order is the remnant enclave of the Empire
The Resistance is within that enclave and fighting it
The Republic has no jurisdiction beyond its borders
And cannot support them officially
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.