[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/, please recommend me some movies similar to Moneyball. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: moneyball-poster.jpg (226 KB, 1124x1672) Image search: [Google]
moneyball-poster.jpg
226 KB, 1124x1672
/tv/, please recommend me some movies similar to Moneyball. The score, the script, the performances, etc. just create a tone that's very uplifting, triumphant, and determined. I really can't think of anything bad about it except for that song his daughter sings.
>>
big fish
>>
Capote, The Social Network, Foxcatcher, Thin Red Line
>>
>>63727715
This was one of the few movies I fell asleep while watching. Sports are not deep enough to merit films, and this was painfully dull the entire time.
>>
>>63727715

aw man I love the scene at the end when he listens to his daughter's CD and you can see all that poignant desire in his eyes. it's a great moment.

I can't really name anything all that similar to it unfortunately. It's a bizarrely underrated movie because it was extremely praised when it came out but people don't seem to talk about it much anymore. It's like the epitome of comfort food as a movie but it's actually pretty brilliant.
>>
File: 1427679154820.gif (1 MB, 320x184) Image search: [Google]
1427679154820.gif
1 MB, 320x184
>>63729089

>Sports are not deep enough to merit films
>>
>>63729089

>Raging Bull
>The Set-Up
>Hoop Dreams
>Ali
>Fat City
>Moneyball

get fucked
>>
Have you heard about Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens? It's an obscure film coming out tomorrow night that I think might be what you're looking for. /tv/ seems to be ignoring it.
>>
>>63728676
I love Social Network (probably my most watched movie) and Foxcatcher was one of my favorites of 2014. I never tried to get into Capote, but I might watch it again (PSH was brilliant). Thin Red Line always seemed a bit odd to me (a Malick war film?), but Tree of Life is beautiful and Badlands is pretty good. Never bothered with New World, and Days of Heaven seemed a bit too sad for me.
>>
>>63729368

I don't think Thin Red Line, New World, and Days of Heaven evoke a very similar feeling to Moneyball but they are all extraordinarily gorgeous movies that are all genuinely life affirming and are deeply moving. If you liked Malick's other stuff then you'll probably like all of them.
>>
>>63728676
how is TTRL similar to any of them?
>>
>>63729287
>shit
>shit
>niggers
>niggers
>lol
>yawn
>>
>>63729801

I can guarantee that you haven't seen at least 3 of the movies on that list
>>
>>63729862
I can guarantee you that I have. And they sucked.
>>
>>63730196
>shit taste
>>
>>63730196

sure bro
>>
>>63727715
Watch Sorkin TV shows and Friday Night Lights
>>
>>63730196
>Man I really hate sports movies
>But I'm going to watch them all anyways
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.