[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally Reddit: The show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1
File: BB-S3-400x600.jpg (94 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
BB-S3-400x600.jpg
94 KB, 400x600
Literally Reddit: The show
>>
Seasons 1 - 4 were reddit.
Season 5 was fucking facebook level.
>>
Literally Reddit The Thread
>>
>>63724939
>>63725031
>>63725118

Hi, reddit!!!
>>
>>63724939
>Neckbeard hates everything popular
/thread
>>
>>63724939
I hate you for staring this thread, you fag.
>>
>>63725146
This show was actually liked here until it got popular.
>>
[POPULAR SHOW] IS LITERALLY REDDIT THE SHOW
>>
why exactly do we hate reddit again?
>>
>>63724939

First two seasons were pretty solid, I liked the tone and dark humour but everything changed for three and onward. Got too repetitive.
>>
>>63725214
No shit. It's actually funny seeing people deny they're hipsters.
>>
>>63725146
>>63725240
Reminder that it wouldn't have been able to become popular unless it was reddit in the first place.

It's popular because it's reddit, not reddit because it's popular.
>>
>>63724939
get over it
>>
BOOYA BITCH!! XDDD

WHATS UP BITCH!

hey

hey guys

hey

BITCH!________________

ahahahahahha
>>
>>63725338
OP here, this guy pretty much summed it up.
>>
>>63725140
what's your fucking problem?
>>
>>63725262
Because its popular and "normies" (anyone who is not watching childrens cartoons in his moms basement for 18hours a day and has basic hygiene). use it.
>>
I thought rick and morty was reddit the show?
>>
>>63725292
0/5
>>
>>63725338
haha!
remember the time when he said
>WHAT'S UP BITCH!
XDD!!
>>
>>63725405
Rick and Morty is another entry in the "reddit the show" genre. Other reddit shows are Community and Arrested Development.
>>
>>63725262
Because they have gf's and fulfilling lives.
>>
>>63725262
Because we're straight white males and they're trying to eliminate us.
>>
>>63725525
They have real gfs, people here have printed pictures of a Japanese cartoon character.
I honestly feel bad for these people, get some help and get out of your moms basement and live your life for fucks sake!
>>
>>63725262
I don't even know anymore. I don't even care.
The users who call other people out for being redditors are clearly reddit users so the whole thing obviously spawned from fucking morons who go there in the first place.
>>
I unironically liked Breaking Bad and no amount of calling me reddit will change my opinion, it's literally a non-argument as to the quality of the show
>>
>>63725713
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63725652
>They have real gfs, people here have printed pictures of a Japanese cartoon character.
Yeah, and those cartoon characters won't try to talk you into the "Open relationship" meme so they can cuck you with black dick.
>>
BRAVO, VINCE!!
>>
>>63725713
Same here, it was amazing and very intresting until the very end.
>>
>>63725743
Thats because they cant talk since they are not real. You wont get cucked unless you´re an absolute fucking loser or you are dating a whore.
>>
>>63725264
I actually agree
>>
>>63725818
Every white male of our generation is an absolute loser and the jews are to blame for that 100%. An entire race infantilized and castrated through decades of social conditioning.
>>
>>63725338
truly reddit the show
>>
>>63725743
>>63725899

>people unironically believe this

Jesus Christ go outside
>>
Reminder that /tv/ loved breaking bad when it was new
>>
>>63725262
Spotted the newfag
>>
>>63725899
Nice foilhat hitler junior
>>
>>63725937
They were actually making a real television show then rather than pandering to a fanbase.
>>
>>63725457
Fuck you, AD actually has good writing
>>
>>63725937

Season 1-3 were awesome.

Season 4, 5a and 5b pandered to Reddit and ruined it hard.
>>
Damn this show went in the complete wrong direction by season 3. >>63725965 is right.
>>
>>63725960
Yeah just tinfoil hat talk right? Never mind tomorrow literally millions of white males are going to be crying over a childrens movie while their girlfriends are going to be seeing the interracial romance and getting ideas in their head.
>>
>>63726021
The season 2 finale is where the cracks started to appear and they only deepened in season 3. You're right that season 4 was the point that it became reddit. Then season 5 almost felt like a fucking self parody of reddit.
>>
>>63726033
Yeah that doesnt sound stupid at all, i went to watch the new starwars and now im only attracted to ewoks.
>>
>>63726213
>MEDIA CAN'T SHAPE THE WAY PEOPLE THINK
If young girls are raised on media depicting white males as weak and impotent and black male's as strong, confident and sexualized it's absolutely going to make them more likely to race mix.
>>
>>63726328
I havent noticed anything like that and i watch a lot of tv/movies, some movies/shows have a black lead just get over it.
And btw, its difficult to racemix in a place that only has white people, not every country is full of niggers
>>
Great story, great characters (some of which didn't get fleshed out enough, which it seems BCS is doing beautifully), extremely entertaining.

Literally 4chan:

Whoops it's popular and recent dammit I can't like it anymore.

One good character, no character development, horrible cinematography, I fell asleep halfway through every episode. Pleb show for low IQ mongoloids.

Pathetic.
>>
>>63726470
>I havent noticed anything like that and i watch a lot of tv/movies
Yeah, you watch them with your head buried in the sand. Star Wars TFA alone is a declaration of fucking cultural war. JJ himself says as much.
>>
>>63726551
>you hate it because it's popular

nice meme
>>
>>63726602
I didnt see star wars, im not 12.
>>
>>63726602
Im black and even I've noticed a very clear agenda being pushed into popular media. I'm not saying it's the Jews, but there's definitely someone with an agenda, specifically encouraging ideals such as sexual deviancy, unstable relationships, hedonism, homosexuality, and race mixing.
>>
>>63726551

this kek

/tv/ couldn't get enough of BrBa cock when it was airing, it's just backlash and self-shaming now
>>
>>63726662
Oh so all of the controversy here about the negro casting just went totally over your head? Fuck off to your home board.
>>
>>63726694
>I'm not saying it's the Jews,
But it's the jews
>>
>>63726615

It's true. You're a newfag if you don't remember how much /tv/ adored Breaking Bad for the first 4 seasons when it was still an obscure cable show only genre fans knew about, but as soon as it got mainstream for it's last season it suddenly retroactively all sucks.
>>
>>63726720
I dont pay attention to star wars or any other threads about childrens movies/show, not intrested. And the movie had a nigger in it? so fucking what?
>>
>>63726780
>/tv/ is one person
>>
>>63726717
>/tv/ couldn't get enough of BrBa cock when it was airing,
Well it was a really good show for the first 4 seasons. The last season was a disappointment at every turn though and I felt that way immediately, it was impossible to voice any criticism against it at the time since the show was so popular that the place would just be totally flooded with crossposters with zero standards and you couldn't speak out against it without being flooded with posts calling you a contrarian.

The worst part is that it leads to some revisionist history that /tv/ absolutely adored every aspect of Breaking Bad up until the very end when I suspect most of the people hyping the last season probably weren't even from here primarily.
>>
Fucking fickle cunts on here. When the final season aired /tv/ was absolutely clogged to the brim with threads about Breaking Bad. Every single day most topics on the first page were about it. People were proclaiming it the GOAT show. Talking about how Cranston surpassed Gandolfini. Talking about how Ozymandias was the finest hour of television they've ever seen. Talking about how cool Aaron Paul seems IRL, how Vince Gilligan is a genius, how everyone on the show deserves an Emmy, along with the usual bitch, minerals, breakfast, etc. memes.

Cue "yeah b-b-b-but that was because of an invasion of Redditors!", as if people from Reddit don't have, oh I don't know, maybe their own fucking place to discuss it.

For my money, despite not quite having the writing of The Wire or The Sopranos, it was still a top show.
>>
>>63726780
>when it was still an obscure cable show only genre fans knew
It stopped being that after the first 3 seasons. Season 4 didn't get shit on though since the show was still delivering in terms of quality. The reason 5 was shit had nothing to do with how many people were watching the show, it was about how much the show resorted to pandering to what they thought the audience wanted to see. It was a rushed mess of "awesome" scenes with very weak connective tissue and everyone turned into a 2D cartoon character.
>>
>>63726927
>because of an invasion of Redditors!
It was an invasion of the pleb media boards like /v/, /sp/ and /co/ wanting a place to discuss breaking bad without getting their threads deleted for being off topic.
>>
>>63726868

Would you elaborate? Are you talking about season 5a or b or all of it? If you're dissatisfied with the last 8 episodes you aren't providing reasonable critique as much as being pathological

The 'all of you are revisionist' argument is the only straw you can grasp at now
>>
>>63726983
Mmhmm. Or, maybe people on /tv/ loved it at the time and are, for some strange reason, living in denial.
>>
Has anyone actually bothered to rewatch it or at least reflect on it. If you have, you would have probably discovered you were blinded by hype and realised it really wasn't as good as you thought. It really suffers from a lack of pre planning, like a lot of other shows, especially season 5, god what a mess that was. And the fact that some middle aged loser becomes some sort of alpha top dog drug lord batman without getting his shit pushed by the mexicans is really asking for a lot of suspension of disbelief. Pandering to the fans is the worst thing you can do to a show. It would have been much better if they stayed with the low level drug hijinks of the first few seasons.

It's not an awful show, but it's not great due to tons of wasted potential.
>>
What fucked me off was how when the entire population of the world got caught up in the hype in 2013, you'd have people on Twitter and Facebook posting "can't believe it's the final episode of Breaking Bad tonight, gonna miss this show so much, what a ride it's been! :(" when they only watched it for the first time a month previously.
>>
>>63726994
I thought all of season 5 was really disappointing. From the very first episode even. Walter acting like a cartoon character with zero nuance, the shoe horned magnet heist that was there for no reason other than to give the season an explosive start and please the fans.

The worst decision they made though in the entire run of the show was the fucking flashforwards. They wrote themselves into a corner for the sake of some cheap shock value to get people hype, then the whole second half of the season was them mechanically trying make all the pieces match and get to that arbitrary point they had set themselves. Nothing happened out of any logical thematic progression. It was just lining everything up so Walter would get that gun, have someone to shoot it at, and have someone to use that ricin on.

I mean the shoehorned in some of the laziest antagonists I've ever seen in a TV show 10 episodes before the end just so Walter would have someone to defeat. Maybe the show was always a shallow rollercoaster but it was never so evident as in the last stretch of episodes. Splitting the season really fucked things up too, two lots of 8 episodes and there was so much hype that of course they felt they needed to DELIVER a sweeping television event each time so you had entire seasons worth of plot crammed into half the episodes. They nailed all the big confrontations and set pieces from an acting/direction standpoint but the writing to get everyone in place for those things to happen was rushed to the extreme. It stopped feeling like a show with real characters. It was just the actors you recognized being awkwardly pushed around a chess board from set piece to set piece as efficiently as possible for time constraints reasons.
>>
>>63726927
And they were called Reddit every time.
>>
>>63727277
Basically they were trying to appeal to the reddit crowd. That's why people call it reddit. It also worked since S5 was a huge success.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.