[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Kylo wear a mask? Just so he can talk funny? Adam Driver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
Why does Kylo wear a mask? Just so he can talk funny? Adam Driver sounds almost nothing like the mask voice. It's like they made it incomprehensible on purpose.
>>
>>63724440
>insert shit reason like he is covering his past self and making a new image of himself
>>
>>63724440
because he's a more imposing villain that way
>>
>>63724440
It's just a glib facsimile of Revan.
>>
>>63724440
Does Kylo Ren survive in the end? What happens in the fight between him and Rey?
>>
>vader needs a voice modulator because his shit is fucked up and can barely talk normally

>kylo just has it because lmao i sound like a badass dark lord now

bravo, jj
>>
>>63724440
because hes a vader fanboy and wants to be like him. hes not a big guy for me or for you so that cant be it
>>
Because Jew Jew, not happy with having copy pasted ANH's plot, also had to steal from KotOR
>>
>they went with so much poetry with every other thing
>don't give him badass scars or disfigured face as reasons for wearing the mask
>>
>>63724496
He survives. She's on the defensive for most of the fight but the force awakens within her and she manages to fight him back. Kylo's got conflicted feelings within him that don't allow him to be as great of a fighter as he could otherwise be.
>>
>>63724440

Retouching Adam Driver's fucked up goblin face in every scene would've taken too long
>>
>>63724587
So what happens to Rey & Kylo? How is one of them not dead in their fight at the end?
>>
>>63724440
Voice sounds like one of those shitty robotic voice modifiers you find in the bargain bin.
>>
>>63724486
basically this. thread over.
>>
looks like a robot daffy duck or something lol
>>
>>63724587
Simply awful
>>
Anyone else think he sounded like he was trying to do a Bane impression while wearing the mask?
>>
>>63724440
He has Granddaddy issues.
>>
I thought it was like a Magneto deal, his force powers were much greater while wearing it
>>
>>63725036
I was also thinking this a lot during the movie
also when the death scene happened fucking /tv/ is so apart of me
I turned to my friend and whispered
why would someone saber a man before throwing him into a pit?
he went huh and couldn't hear me then I felt like fuck that was gold wish the whole theater heard that one
>>
Because he is a walking, talking glib facsimile
>>
>>63725098
Magneto's helmet doesn't increase his powers
>>
i will finish all the dicks you didn't swallow
>>
>>63724539
he gets a slash across his face at the end so he will be scarred for the next film
>>
>Cuck Driver looks like a pre op tranny

>ask why he constantly wears the mask
>>
because vader has a mask

it's poetry
>>
>>63725204
sameshit senpai
his helmet obviously made him more powerful

every time he tested himself he took it off
>>
>>63724617

They fight on the genesis planet, which is unstable due to David Marcus using protomatter. As they fight, the planet is erupting around them, eventually conveniently separating them.
>>
>>63724587
That sounds horrible, how is Rey able to fend off his attacks without any training in the force? She should have been dead in like 10 seconds. Fuck this stupid shit.
>>
>>63725509
Isn't her dad Luke or something? Skywalker hax.
>>
>>63724440
Merch $$, another mask to sell for Halloween/Conventions
>>
>>63725509
The theory goes that Rey was trained at the same academy Kylo was under Luke, but that Luke mind wiped her and dropped her off on Jakku

It was still very odd, though. Even if that's true, Kylo should have years of experience on her. I wish that JJ had made the fight more inconclusive
>>
>>63725266
Magneto's helmet is so Xavier can't mindcontrol him.
>>
>>63725266
his helmet is a defensive measure against empaths

that is all
>>
>>63724440
So Disney can have Vader 2.0.
>>
>>63724440
>Why does Kylo wear a mask?

He doesn't want to see his original face, or have other see his original face,he considers that person dead, just like Vader told Luke the name Anakin Skywalker means nothing anymore
>>
Probably for the same reason Stormtroopers do. For protection and utility.
>>
>>63725583
I don't know why anyone would wanna buy that jabroni kylo mask
>>
>>63724440
that looks retarded as fuck
>>
>>63724440

Because no one cared who he was till he put on the mask.
>>
File: bj5lgl0.png (207 KB, 634x345) Image search: [Google]
bj5lgl0.png
207 KB, 634x345
TELL ME ABOUT KYLO REN

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>63724440
That's kind of the point he doesn't have to wear the mask he just does. There's even a scene in the movie where Han Solo tells him to take off the mask because he doesn't need it.
>>
File: 1446762662094.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1446762662094.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>63724464
This is literally the reason, Kylo is Ben Solo and wants to forget his old self.
>>63724496
Chewbacca shoots Kylo in the stomach with the Boltcaster right after his kills han. Kylo takes a few hits from Finn during his fight. Rey uses the force to grab Anakin's saber and has a 'use the force' moment and fucks Kylo's face up.

-Ausfag
>>
It is so that he can to to places like jakku, with hos fanboysm for vader came also his greatest fear: sand.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.