[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoil it for me, faggots. Are there any old EU references in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 1272x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 1272x1500
Spoil it for me, faggots. Are there any old EU references in Episode 7? Will my nigga Revan ever make a comeback?
>>
who is in that image, op?
>>
He won't, he didn't have the high ground.
>>
>>63707582

Darth Bane tvh
>>
None, but in the visual dictionary Kylo Ren's lightsaber is said to have been a model based on the one found in the Battle of Malachor.

That made my heart leap a bit, maybe he went to the Trayus Academy?
>>
Revan and all the EU characters are not canon anymore. Erased from existence.
>>
muh holocron crystals
my revan was a chick btw
>>
File: 1450270670220.jpg (235 KB, 1280x578) Image search: [Google]
1450270670220.jpg
235 KB, 1280x578
>>63707563

Revan has been mixed with Jaycen Solo to create Kylo Ren.
>>
>Revan

There's a reason it's called the OLD Republic
>>
>>63707563
HAHAHAHA.

You EU fags are hopeless.

No, EU is dead. No Revan, Plaguies or Bane. Maybe in comics or books, but the movies will stay free of EU's fan fiction bullshit.
>>
>>63707645
In fact it's been over 3640 years since he died according to the wiki.

So no, he's not coming back regardless of the retcon.
>>
File: IMG_20151215_004456.jpg (290 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_004456.jpg
290 KB, 1920x816
>>63707609
Bane is canon thanks to The Clone Wars.
>>
File: 1449219620622.png (54 KB, 233x279) Image search: [Google]
1449219620622.png
54 KB, 233x279
>>63707636
>>
>>63707761
Bane?
>>
>>63707761
Only that he looked like that and created the rule of two is canon. The shitty books are not.

Praise Disney, fighting shitty writing of the EU!
>>
>>63707802
Darth Bane. He created the rule of two. He doesn't wear a mask, but he is a big guy.
>>
>>63707884

Rule of two is so retarded

> Be powerful Sith Lord
> Your Sith apprentice gets killed like a bitch
> Guess I need to go recruit a new one because. I only get one because Rule of Two
> Find young Jedi
> Hey, come join the dark side, it's awesome
> Jedi screams "SITH SIRH BAD TOUCH!"
> Hundreds of Jedi converge on you
> You get killed like a bitch too
> Sith are ded.
>>
>>63708018
>Rule of two
Well it's a prequel retcon. And like most shit from the prequels, it's retarded.
>>
They basically plagiarized shit from Post-RotJ EU while rehashing ANH almost to a tee but changed names around so they didn't have to pay anyone royalties.
>>
>>63708018
It is retarded. I was just telling who was Bane and what he did.
>>
Jacen and Jaina have been butchered and stolen by JJ for this trilogy.
>>
>>63708047
It was in the EU before the prequels though.

Also

>Be Sith
>Have 20 apprentice

>Can't train for shit and all are weaker and less cunning than me
>They gangbang me and win, but even whoever the new boss is is still pussy
>Cycle repeats and we get weaker
>Meanwhile Jedi just keep improving
OR
>Or have 20 apprentice
>1 guy kills the rest in a rage
>Better get more Hurr durr
>>
>>63708201
George Lucas came up with it while writing the prequels in the 90's. 90's EU was just a marketing tool for the movies, he so started injecting those shit ideas everywhere.
>>
>>63707676
, he says while watching a movie that basically ripped off Legacy and put an ANH coating over it.
>>
>>63708201
Or you can be a reasonable guy, and teach your acolytes, that killing your friends and allies is actually a bad thing. Oh wait, that would be too smart for SW.
>>
>>63708353
>muh EU

Nah, dwag, nah.
>>
File: Jacen2.jpg (20 KB, 200x290) Image search: [Google]
Jacen2.jpg
20 KB, 200x290
>>63708115

I bet Kylo Ren doesn't even have any fucking epic ass Alderaan splitting jokes. Fucking killjoy

Jacen was the Carlos of Star Wars before he turned into a psychopath

>"What do you call the person who brings a rancor its dinner?...The appetizer"

Fucking Yuuzhan Vong hadn't shown up, this nigga would have been killin' it at the cantinas.
>>
>>63708413
Imagine if thrawn gets taken and turned into a strong confident black woman.
>>
>>63708447
strong confident blue woman*
>>
>>63708383
The entire Sith philosophy was always "Ultimate Power at any cost."

I mean sure obviously the logical solution during a war that your side seemed to be winning is "wait to win, then betray the others" but to someone with the Sith Philosophy "Oh shit by trying to help the greater Sith cause my allies have exposed their weaknesses time to kill them" is the logical thing.
>>
>>63708633

The entire reason Bane came up with the rule of two was because every time the Sith seemed to gain any sort of power and seemed like they were gonna win, they always ended up turning on each other in bloody power struggles

With just two Sith Lords, these cravings power could directed in the most efficient fashion. One to hold the power, one to crave it. Power is its own will. That's the idea
>>
>>63708447
Aren't the doing that with, uh, whatsherface? The one Kanaan flirted up?
>>
>>63708951
No you retarded EU faggot.

The entire reason Lucas came up with the rule of two was because the OT had 2 main bad guys. So he retroactively created the rule of two to explain why there were only 2 Sith in the OT, and to make it easy for himself to focus the story on only 2 Sith (and he still failed).
>>
>>63709082
>The entire reason Lucas came up with the rule of two was because the OT had 2 main bad guys. So he retroactively created the rule of two to explain why there were only 2 Sith in the OT,

And there was nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>63708018
Well, here is what happens when you don't follow the rule. You get raped if you're female. Literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBgnzwBv7I
>>
>>63707563
I just got back from a midnight screening. luke is so fucking sexy at the end, I'm not gay or nothing but I nutted my pants.
>>
>>63709082
>The entire reason Lucas came up with the rule of two was because the OT had 2 main bad guys. So he retroactively created the rule of two to explain why there were only 2 Sith in the OT, and to make it easy for himself to focus the story on only 2 Sith (and he still failed).

Doesn't Snoke Plussken invalidate this by existing (hidden) in the OT and even prequels according to the new shit?

Rule of two never made a lick of sense anyway since anyone force sensitive can turn to the dark side or find information about the sith and call themselves a sith.

You mean to tell me that even pre-OT when there's thousands if not tens of thousands of Jedi, no more than 2 fell to the dark side at any point? By what measure?

Likewise if there's just 2 sith carrying on the super secret tradition of being evil, there was never a single time both were wiped out? Why?

JUST DON'T MAKE NO SENSE
>>
>>63709518
>Doesn't Snoke Plussken invalidate this by existing (hidden) in the OT and even prequels according to the new shit?

Nothing states Snoke is a Sith. In fact, he shouldn't be, since the whole point of Vader was bringing balance to the force by wiping out the Sith according to George.

So if Snoke is a Sith, it will be a huge retcon that shits all over the saga. Although I'm ok with that.
>>
>>63708018
>>63708047
>>63708109

You morons know nothing of Star Wars lore.

Bane's Rule of Two was the most successful creation of the Sith. It stopped infighting because that's how the Sith empire crumbled in the new canon. They always ended up in massive civil wars. They had ruled the galaxy but it fell apart and the Jedi took advantage of it. Bane changed it all and they lasted for hundreds of years.

It works because of strength and the Sith ended up getting the most powerful being to ever exist. If Sidious and his master werent pants on head retarded, they would have ruled forever.
>>
>>63709518
Sith =/= evil Jedi.

Even before the prequels Lucas made it clear Sith is a philosophy and a set of teachings.

The previous explanation was that evil Jedi are just dark Jedi. To be a Sith you needed to be taught the ways of the Sith. Hell they weren't even called Sith originally the survivors of the very first war between the dark and light jedi just took over a planet were the natives called themselves Sith.

Hell the evil force user =/= Sith is still canon considering inquisitors are canon (thank you based Disney).
>>
>>63709518

Dark Jedi are not Sith Lords. Vader kept a number of force user apprentices around with whom he hoped he might use one day to kill the Emperor and seize power for himself.

The Rule of Two works in that there are only two official Sith Lords. The Master holds power which only he can bestow. If the apprentice wishes to obtain this power, he must serve the master until he obtains such power that will allow him to kill the master and take his place. If such a thing happens, it is the will of the Force that the master die and be replaced because the apprentice has surpassed him in strength and mastery of the Force. Most importantly bitter power struggles and stalemates between Sith Lords are avoided, allowing for a more organized hierarchical structure: Master at the top, Apprentice right below him, Dark Jedi who may become the Apprentice's own star pupil once he takes out his master. The Master holds the key to the ultimate knowledge the Apprentice seeks which will grant him a great power which if the Apprentice is worthy will allow him to ascend to the Master rank and expand upon what his previous master accomplished. In the past, there were often multiple Dark Lords with multiple apprentices and multiple legions of dark jedi at their disposal and they devoured themselves because that's the nature of the Dark Side.
>>
>>63709782
lol, what a dumbass, no one cares about your fan fiction "lore"
>>
>>63709941
>official canon
>fan fiction

0/10
>>
>>63708413
He was also a badass until they decided he needed an edgy phase that ended in full on psycopath villain shit.
>>
>>63710092
>old EU
>official canon

lol
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 563x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 563x300
We all know the true casualty
>>
>>63709553
snoke is an ancient evil that knows about the force and something that sheeve was looking for
>>
>>63710482
Nothing that was said is old EU.

The Sith Empire existed in new canon.
Them dying out from infighting and Jedi intervention is canon.
Plagiues was Sidious master from ROTS and Tarkin is canon.
Darth Bane is canon and his creation of the Rule of Two from the ashes of the Sith Empire is canon.
Sidious being the most powerful Sith is canon.
>>
>>63710867
Literally all of that is left over from old EU.

It's all retarded fan fiction filler, that has nothing to do with the movies, and never will.
>>
>>63707563
Yes, it has crossguard lightsaber
>>
>>63707563
Kylo's sword is an ancient blade from the Scourge of Malachor (REVAN???)
>>
>>63707676
But both Bane and Plaguies ARE canon still? Their shitty background stories might not be canon in all, but the characters are.
>>
File: 1447649758068.jpg (258 KB, 1075x473) Image search: [Google]
1447649758068.jpg
258 KB, 1075x473
>>63711367
>filmmaker have to listen to Story Group
>All future directors have to listen to Pablo and Kathleen about what is and isnt canon

Okay, dude.
>>
Who /Luuuke/ here?
>>
>>63711367

It was in the clone wars, shitposter, which means it's canon.

Everything star wars related since the Disney takeover is canon, including that. But go ahead and keep spouting retarded shit, it's at least entertaining.
>>
>>63711551
None of it matters as far as the movies are concerned.

>>63711647
Look at this retarded nigger. He thinks movie directors have to work around silly ideas from comic book and fan fiction writers.

It's the Story Group that will listen to all future directors to find ways to make they want to do canon.

But again, it won't ever come up, since all "canon" is just filler that is separate from the films anyway, just like old EU, lol.
>>
>>63712083
>He thinks movie directors have to work around silly ideas from comic book and fan fiction writers.

lol k
>>
>>63712299
Oh please, tell me about all the comic/book/video game shit from the new canon made it to TFA?

Oh that's right, nothing did. I can't phantom how stupid someone has to be to think that any of that crap will ever affect a movie.

The movies will always be stand alone products to appeal to the masses, and all other "canon" will be irrelevant filler. Which is exactly the same thing that happened pre disney.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.