[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And then there were 2. > [Abrams ] has made an adoring c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
And then there were 2.

>
[Abrams ] has made an adoring copy of Star Wars, seeking to correct its perceived flaws, without understanding that nothing about that movie's context or meaning or enormous cultural impact can be duplicated.

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/16/star_wars_the_force_awakens_you_know_all_the_spoilers_in_j_j_abrams_obsessive_reboot_because_youve_seen_this_movie_before/
>>
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>adoring copy
>glib facsimile
>>
>SJW crowd loves it

>let's get them to click by saying it sucks
>>
>>63702285
JAR JAR ABRAMS IS FINISHED
>>
File: nevereverevereverever.jpg (8 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
nevereverevereverever.jpg
8 KB, 200x192
>>63702285

I don't even care anymore. I blew my fucking load after glib facsimilie.
>>
>Armond White
>Roger Moore
>Writer from Salon
Is homosexuality the secret to good kino critique?
>>
>>63702363
>anyone posting negative reviews is just clickbaiting

and the damage control be-... continues.
>>
>>63702471
If you throw a stone at a crowd of movie critics you'll probably hit a homosexual and get convicted for a hate crime
>>
>a simulacrum of something that was already a simulacrum of something else
Confirmed for glib facsimile.
>>
>so many fresh reviews that /tv/ has to obsess over the rotten to feel right

WHAT KIND OF BOARD YOU WANT SENPAI
>>
>Salon.com

those guys suck dick, usually wrong about everything
>>
>>63702285

How fair is it to judge this movie against the behemoth of the OT and the decades long shadow it casts?

Im going to go in seeing this movie trying my best to appreciate it for what it is. If you expect to live up to the originals and the legacy that comes with it, it is inevitably going to fall short
>>
>Kind of a delightful idea, am I right?
I actually don't remember the last time I've seen "am I right?" used unironically
>>
>>63702564
What is this glib facsimile shit from
>>
>>63703239

The first of a slew of dank memes to come from this film

It is the tip of the iceberg friend
>>
>>63703155
pretty fair, if your movie does nothing but ape it.
>>
>>63702613

Just meme my shit up senpai
>>
>God forbid the story should move slow enough for anyone to wonder what purpose it serves the First Order to obliterate every habitable planet in the galaxy.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151216_0001.png (275 KB, 480x590) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151216_0001.png
275 KB, 480x590
>>63702564
>a Salacious B Crumb of something that was already a simulacrum of something else
>>
>>63703421
Is there anything Lucas can't make rhyme?
>>
>>63702564

>simulacrum
>>
>>63702357
>beautiful symmetry
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.