[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kubrick a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: doctor_sleep.jpg (141 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
doctor_sleep.jpg
141 KB, 1400x1050
When will we get a sequel to The Shining?
>>
>>63697269

When Stephen King sells the rights to Doctor Sleep for a pack of smokes
>>
>>63697295

I think he quit smoking though. He's not doing coke or drinking any more either.... here's hoping he needs an oil change soon.
>>
We'll get a reboot and sequel when they decide to include it into The Dark Tower Cinematic Universe
>>
>>63697269
ok can someone tell me what would be in a shining sequel? and why would it be good?
>>
rather get a prequel desu be honest
>>
i think stanley kubricks dead man
>>
>>63697426
Look up Doctor Sleep and get an idea
>>
>>63697426

Traveling gypsies killing kids who have the shining and feeding on their "mist" so they can be immortal. Also Dany would be a drug addict and he and his long lost niece would fight them at the old overlook sight which is now a park.
>>
>>63697497
Holy fuck that book was awful
>>
>>63697544

How can it be so bad but Revival be so good?
>>
Why was kings version so terrible?
>>
>>63697599

It wasn't. The book actually had characters
>>
>>63697497
>>63697526
As I expected its a whole different story suited for a cheap horror fiction movie. What made shining a great movie was the psychological thriller aspect of it, not the magical mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>63697599
It's better (implying you've ever even read an entire book)
>>
>>63697678
I'm talking about the 1990s mini series.
>>
>>63697741

Ah. Shit actors and direction
>>
Who called the /lit/ army here? Acting in shining was so perfect that I could relate to jack nicholson for wanting to kill that obnoxious bitch and kid.
>>
File: courtland_shock.jpg~original.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
courtland_shock.jpg~original.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>63697741
the fucking kid was so annoying I'd rather be stuck in the backseat with ten Babadook kids going coast to coast than see his ugly face one more time
>>
>>63697829

That just means the acting from the Kid and the wife was terrible
>>
File: 1450216966599.png (799 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1450216966599.png
799 KB, 1366x768
>>63697865
what was king thinking? lmao
>mfw he shat on kubricks version then makes this POS
>>
>>63697944
Are you saying that they were not supposed to be obnoxious? If thats the case in the book then just forget that this movie ever had any relation with the book. They might just created the greatest psychological thriller by accident not because of "genius" writing behind it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.