[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Star Wars movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
File: download (4).jpg (15 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
15 KB, 234x215
Best Star Wars movie?
>>
>>63691097
A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>63691097
Jedi, not even joking
>muh ewoks
Meh who cares, the stuff with the father son dynamic, the final space battle, the final duel, sheev, the palace, the green lightsaber reveal was prime

But 3 has the best memes
>>
The Force Awakens
>>
Spaceballs
>>
>>63691097
III
>>
>>63691097
who /ANH/ here
>>
The Holiday Special
>>
Star Wars >>> Empire Strikes Back >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit > Return of the Jedi >>>>> Plan 9 from Outer Space > Prequel Trilogy
>>
>>63691127
so underrated desu senpai
>>
>>63691097
the search for spock
>>
Empire>Sith>Hope>Jedi>Clones>Phantom why do we still acknowledge it
>>
IV > V > VI > III > II > I
>>
Official Star Wars Movie Rankings:
-----------------------------------------------
This is not an opinion it is a fact.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Phantom Menace
5. Attack of the Clones
6. Revenge of the Sith
>>
Ep. 9
>>
>>63691097
Star Wars (ANH) > Empire > Jedi > Phantom Menace > Revenge of the Sith > Cloneshit
>>
File: chompgrunkglolop.jpg (100 KB, 603x552) Image search: [Google]
chompgrunkglolop.jpg
100 KB, 603x552
>>63691258
>Sith better than Hope
>>
Reminder: If you think Phantom Menace is better than Attack of the Clones, you have little to no understanding of film and it's structure and need to be educated or find a new interest.
>>
>>63691271
The fact is that your tastes are crap.
>>
>>63691271
worst list ive ever seen
>>
2>1>3>7>6>5>4
>>
>>63691271
>Attack of the Clones
>Not the worst prequel
Not only is that an opinion, it's a wrong opinion
>>
File: blackguyredshirt.gif (1 MB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
blackguyredshirt.gif
1 MB, 466x350
>>63691271
>>63691321
>>
STAR WARS
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
RETURN OF THE JEDI
REVENGE OF THE SITH
THE PHANTOM MENACE
ATTACK OF THE CLONES
>>
>>63691097

5 > 3 > 4 > 1 = 6 > 2
>>
5>3>6>4>2>1
>>
1. Star Wars
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Attack of the Clones
6. Phantom Menace

There's literally no other answer.
>>
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
>>
>>63691127
I agree. I guess I was young enough when I watched it that I got a kick out of the ewoks.

Great way to end the trilogy though to be quite frank with you family member.
>>
Trick question, they are all shit
>>
Episode 5 is def the best
>>
File: SPERMINATOR.png (453 KB, 498x519) Image search: [Google]
SPERMINATOR.png
453 KB, 498x519
>123
You already know it because of social media memes
>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?
>>
>>63691570
die in a fire
>>
V > IV > III >= VI > II > I
>>
>>63691662
bitch, i grew up watching the original versions of the original trilogy on VHS. how old are you?
>>
>>63691708
>ever, EVER placing RotS within the rankings of the OT

I really wish this meme would stop.
>>
File: 1448176675085.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1448176675085.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
>People actually think that tpm is better than ROTS
>>
>Stormtroopers vs. Gungans
>Battle droids vs. Ewoks

What happens?
>>
V = IV > VI >>> III > I > II
>>
Return of the Jedi is the best clearly! Then comes Empire Strikes back. The final battle with Luke and Vader and then the destruction of the Emperor fulfilling the prophecy about bringing balance to the force. Can't be matched.
>>
>>63691097
VI >= V > III > IV >>>II >> I

I find the jabba palace sequence great enough to make up for the ewoks and odd pacing of other shit, although Empire is the GOAT star wars film in terms of dialogue overall.

While 4 tells its story better than 3 and certainly has better acting and less stilted dialogue, I felt as though ROTS was a more interesting narrative with a more compelling setting both chronologically and in terms of the style of locations used.
>>
>>63691564
I agree with this. Empire is sort of overrated, it's pacing is pretty poor in the middle. Also, people shit on Clones but Phantom Menace is a fucking chore to sit through.
>>
>>63691965
Stormtroopers lose, forest terrain fucks up droids
>>
>>63691662
>being this contrarian
Nice meme, dude
>>
File: thumbsupforyou.jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupforyou.jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
>>63691127
Agreed, RoTJ is great imo
>>
>>63691097
All of the prequels, especially III.
I don't really care about the OT, but the prequels are so fucking shit they hold a special place in my heart. They are worse than the OT is good, and I fucking love it.
>>
>>63692134
>III
>Good
Take off your videogame goggles. faggot.
>>
>>63691097

>Star Wars
>Empire Strikes Back
>Revenge of the Sith
>The Phantom Menace

Fuck the rest.
>>
The prequels weren't much worse than the originals
>>
>>63692028
>those huge fucking legs in the mirror
Goddamn
>>
>>63692028
>teasing feet in the mirror
>>
>>63691271
Switch 5 and 6 and we have an agreement
>>
>>63691097
I try to remain open minded and find something to enjoy about all of them.
Example, EP1:
Pod race, duel with Maul, um, and that's all...
EP2 was okay, but I really hated the hammy acting and the cheesy attempt at a love story.

I think over all, it's really a spectacle, with some mythology in the background.
The characters, most of them, are fillers.
>>
>>63691127
>ruins han solo
No thanks

It's Empire
>>
>>63694639
>ruining a character that really didn't have much going with him to be honest

But I respect your opinion
>>
>>63691774
III is my number 1. Original were shit. Shit effects, worse actors. Cringe worthy dialogue. Dune held up 100x better.
>>
>>63696395
>dune
>holding anything up

I would've played into that till you said that
>>
>>63691127
My nigga. I love all of the original trilogy, but Jedi's always been my favorite for the reasons above. Plus, the Ewoks have never bothered me since the series had silly shit in it since A New Hope.
>>
Star Wars > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi >>>>>>>>>>> The Phantom Menace > Revenge of the Sith > Attack of the Clones
>>
ANH>ROTS>ESB>ROTJ>TPM>CLONEWARS>AOTC
>>
>>63691097
V, IV, I, VI, III, II
>>
>>63691774
Go Fuck your self.
>>
>>63691097
V
IV
III
VI
VIII (Projected)
IX (Projected)
II
VII (Projected)
I
>>
>>63691335
Why didn't she escape by slipping through the bars?
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > Spaceballs > 2 > every Star Wars parody ever > 1
>>
III > all of them

> the memes
> the ani/obi battle
> AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

nothing compares
>>
>>63691097
V, VI, IV, III, I, II

I recognize that IV is a better movie than VI, but there's a lot of stuff I like about VI on a purely visual level.
>>
empire > star wars > ROTJ > III > phantom menace > snore of the clones

not going to watch : 7
>>
I don't get how so many people can rate I worse than II.

I had some annoying characters and bad acting, but a lot of solid action.

II is like, all annoying characters and bad acting.
>>
File: star wars fixed.jpg (209 KB, 866x398) Image search: [Google]
star wars fixed.jpg
209 KB, 866x398
I find that image insulting
>>
>>63697457
No

5>4>6>1>3>>>2
This is objectively right, unless you want to laugh at memes and how cheesy they are then 3 is the best with 2 a close second.
>>
>>63691271
This is actually completely accurate.
>>
>>63691965
you mean 'goongas' (güngas)
>>
VI (Ending) > V > IV > TCW (When it's good) > VI (Rest of the film) = III > I > TCW (When it's Bad) > II
>>
>>63691097
V
IV
III
VI
I
II
>>
>>63691097

The original trilogy covers are so beautiful with the blue, red and green sabers.
>>
V, IV & VI, I, II & III

RotS was dreadful, and your judgement has been clouded by the memes.
>>
ESB obviously, but RotJ is even better at times.
However - Ewoks.
>>
>>63694639
How did it ruin Han?
>>
>>63697285
>I worse than II
>>
>>63698528
Why does everyone hate Ewoks here? There is literally nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>63698642
It doesn't make sense for them to beat the best soldiers of the empire.
>>
>>63698678

>beat

until chewie steals the atst, most scenes of them are ewoks getting slaughtered, and fruitlessly trying to destroy atsts

if i got to change ROTJ the ewoks would stay, i would just add even more of these scenes to make it clearly obvious the natives are getting slaughtered
>>
I wasn't a fan of the ewoks. Pretty pointless I felt. They were just meant to be fun cute creatures but I could've done without them.
>>
File: best star wars movie.jpg (57 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
best star wars movie.jpg
57 KB, 300x424
>>63691097
>>
>single handedly launched the mythology tier
Empire
>one of two films to launch the blockbuster era tier
Star Wars
>toy commercial spectacle tier
Jedi
>Damnit I'm trying but I still can't quite figure out why I suck tier
Sith
>I hate sand tier
Clones
>dead hopes and dreams tier
Menace
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.