[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all the engineers are supermodel tier girls, niggers or asian,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
>all the engineers are supermodel tier girls, niggers or asian, not a single white male
>Only white males are the bosses who dont do shit
>90% of the future astronauts on the last scene are girls

L M A O
>>
>complaining when white man portrayed as boss

You storm weenies will never be satisfied
>>
Really bugged me that they had an ethnic dude as the one who had the brilliant idea that eventually saved him
>>
Can someone explain why Pathfinder could only communicate with its replica?
>>
>>63690127
as an incompetent boss, I dont really care about the whole multiracial thing, I just found it funny
>>
What are you stormweenies crying about? Last I checker Matt Damon, Jeff Daniels, Sean Bean, Sebastian Stan, & Askel Hennie are all white males and were leads in this movie. I mean seriously. Wtf. Are you actually retarded?

How is it sjw to show East Asians, a part Indian dude, & token black nerd as engineers? Have you seen the workforce at most big engineering departments or universities?.. That's literally what they all fucking look like.
>>
anyone else thinks this movie has the worst OST ever? I really hated all the disco and 70's music
>>
>>63690280
>a part Indian dude
Except he was clearly black
>>
>>63690129
why does that bother you? also,
>not knowing who donald glover is
>>
>>63690298

That was the point. He was forced to listen to cheesy 70s disco and pop for the whole time he was there. It was a gag..
>>
>>63690280
white nerds and asian guys, thats what it looks like
I bet you can count with a hand the number of black guys that graduated at the MIT
>>
>>63690095
who cares
not me because i can seperate fiction from reality

t. white male
>>
>>63690323
I understand it but I really had to mute those segments because I hated it so much, especially the last one when he's working on the shuttle extra weight
>>
>>63690298
if you read the book, it was a running joke. commander lewis left her music/tv/movie stick behind, and all it had on it was 70's disco. thus, mark was forced to listened to disco for the year and a half he was stranded on mars. they're just being faithful to the source material pham.
>>
>>63690095

it's like a one man show featuring a white man what are you worried about
>>
>>63690345
its just a stupid discusion on the internet, dont worry, it wont keep me awake at night

I just think its funny how in every hollywood movie the best hacker is always a super hot model tier girl and the genius a black guy
>>
>>63690306

Yeah in the book he's fully indian. The movie version had him as half black played by a black dude. Also the cute blonde hipster radar girl was Korean in the book. This movie actually had complaints it was whitewashed removing the ethnic characters the book had which closely does model Nasa and most STEM organisations ethnic make up (i.e. lots of East Asians & Indians).
>>
>>63690407
>Also the cute blonde hipster radar girl was Korean in the book.
really? are you sure? i don't remember this.
>>
>>63690407
I didnt know it was like that in the book, an Indian and a korean girl make more sense
>>
>>63690324

Yup. It only actually had one black nerd in it played by Donald Glover. Vincent Kapoor was meant to be Indian but they cast a black dude and said he was half Indian. So that's like one and a half black dudes.. Do black people anywhere just trigger you faggots? Even when close to reality? (Worked in STEM field in the U.S. for a while. The workforce looks like the ones I saw).
>>
>>63690407
I know one of the Asian rights group was mad as fuck because they changed Mindy into the blonde hacker boygirl and the Indian dude into a black guy
The same group IIRC has previously said stuff about double standards with blacks
Also Dong Lover's plan is so simple it was insulting how cliched it was how they set up its reveal (haha this nerd doesn't even know who his boss is, haha he's using people as objects in a live demo!)
>>
>>63690363
You dont even need to read the book, it's pointed out about 6 times in the movie
>>
>>63690407
White characters appeal to white audiences. There, with only six words I provided the same argument that you did. That's what the Martian is like, all these parts and gags and ultimately a plotless movie.
>>
White people simply can't science, engineering, or math. It's a field that is almost entirely East Asian & South Asian with the odd black nerd and white managers. The movie was spot on accurate.
>>
>>63690505
I dont think orbital maths are simple but I agree that the quirky le random presentation of the idea fails to show him as a weirdo genius
>>
>>63690358
You have autism
>>
>>63690095
Only a small percentage of the world population is white, anon.
>>
>>63690598
thanks you too
>>
>>63690570
but chinese don't actually know how to think

they just know how to do math

most of them have donkey brains
>>
>>63690579
>I dont think orbital maths are simple
The plan, not the specifics. With the entire world working on finding ways to save him, they couldn't come up with that earlier? It even resembles the slingshot method they used for Apollo 13.
>>
>>63690227
They needed to access Pathfinder's infrastructure and software (conveniently available in the replica on Earth) to see what they were dealing with so they could establish communication with the original Pathfinder.

>In the movie, Watney has no way to communicate with NASA, so he finds and digs up Pathfinder - a spacecraft NASA really launched to Mars back in the 1990s. After a little hacking, he uses the robot to communicate with NASA using a replica back on Earth. In the real world, NASA builds a working replica of every spacecraft in case something happens to it after launch. That way, engineers can troubleshoot problems and come up with fixes on Earth. A real-life Pathfinder replica would need to be "turned on and dusted off," Green told Tech Insider, but it does exist. So NASA really could theoretically use it to communicate with a stranded Martian astronaut.
>>
my professor landed sojourner on mars and yet still loves this movie

he was invited to the premiere and shit
>>
>>63690686
My dad went to Mars and yet he still loves this movie.
>>
File: 1441806295137.gif (58 KB, 132x140) Image search: [Google]
1441806295137.gif
58 KB, 132x140
>>63690095
>>
File: ic2015.jpg (87 KB, 712x372) Image search: [Google]
ic2015.jpg
87 KB, 712x372
>Movie with 5 white male leads, all shown as strong intelligent successful males, white couple romance (Stan & Roony), white lead.

>One half indian character, one East Asian, one black character, & one Latino character..

>/pol/tards bitch and cry saying whole cast is minorities

Do you faggots even think about the things you type and think them through?

Also you know the ethnic make up of every single modern engineering place right?..
>>
>>63690736

I wad born on Mars and I think the movie does poor job depicting my culture
>>
>>63690682
I got that, but how is the signal from the Mars Pathfinder reaching the replica in a JPL garage?
>>
>>63690814
didnt you learn about space magic on school?
>>
File: Kate Mara unimpressed.gif (2 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
Kate Mara unimpressed.gif
2 MB, 352x217
>>63690787
>Roony
>>
>>63690322
>why does that bother you? also,

Because he's an insecure nerd.
>>
>>63690570
It's very clear that you're from a small town in the midwest. I pity you, and withhold my insult as a result.
>>
>>63690095

Actors get paid more to pretend to go to space than astronauts get to actually go to space.
>Fuck the human race
>>
File: s01e10b.gif (2 MB, 282x382) Image search: [Google]
s01e10b.gif
2 MB, 282x382
>I DUN THE MAFF
>>
>>63690934

No it's ok I'm from England and worked in the technology department of a U.S. firm in NYC so go ahead. I thought the Martian cast reflected what I saw in irl engineering departments. I.e. mostly East Asian & Indian engineers, the odd black nerd, and white managers. What were you going to say?
>>
>>63691080
>in irl
Yeah, and I'm a navy seal
>>
>>63691125
Don't be upset that some people can have real jobs.
>>
>>63691125
do you also have 300 confirmed kills? what a coincidence
>>
>>63691273
It's not too late you know. You can still do something with your life.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.