[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there many scenes with no dialog, or is it pretty dialog-heavy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Seven Samurai.jpg (13 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
Seven Samurai.jpg
13 KB, 212x300
Are there many scenes with no dialog, or is it pretty dialog-heavy throughout? What about an intermission? And no overture I'm assuming, like a lot of old Hollywood epics have?
>>
Just watch the goddam movie.
>>
>>63689650
Watch the fucking movie
>>
>>63689650

Almost all scenes have dialog I'm pretty sure, there's a 10 minute or so intermission so you can get up and take a nice shit and come back.
>>
>>63689650
I hate these threads but since you actually asked real questions instead of just asking "should I watch this?" I'll answer.

>Are there many scenes with no dialog, or is it pretty dialog-heavy throughout?
Kurosawa takes it easy on dialogue compared to someone like Ozu. That stacks with the fact that it's an action movie with many characters so has to resort to vanilla dialogue to not become bloated.

>What about an intermission?
Yes there is but you can take a break whenever you want. 3½ isn't an impossible feat. When you look up "slow cinema" you will never find Kurosawa as one of the directors.

>And no overture I'm assuming, like a lot of old Hollywood epics have?
Not that I remember.

It's not at all a difficult watch.
>>
>>63690439
>>63689650

>>What about an intermission?
>Yes there is but you can take a break whenever you want
What the fuck? Just hit pause man. why does the director have to tell you when to take a break. This isnt a play, you have full control over this.
>>
>>63690792

Yes because back then you could totally pause a film in the cinema, are you actually retarded?
>>
Watch the movie
>>
>>63690839
Are you watching it in the cinema now?
Why the fuck would it matter if there is an intermission when you're watching a dvd?
>>
>>63691034
>why does the director have to tell you when to take a break
>Are you watching it in the cinema now?

Are you actually retarded. They put the film as intended for the cinema onto physical media, including the intermission, because back then long films had intermissions.
>>
>>63691222
Fucking hell dude, he's saying it doesn't matter if there's an intermission because you can pause. He's not arguing about why intermissions exist.
>>
there's two cinamae watchers, those whose brains turn off when they see black and white, and those who see black and white the same as color, which are you opee.
>>
>>63691877
Thank you
as this guy said, they are totally irrelevant once the movie is moved onto a dvd and there is no reason op should be concerned about it
>>
>>63689650
The 3 hours literally fly, I went to see it at the theater last week and it only felt like an hour passed by the time intermisison came, I've never seen Kurosawa before even though I consider myself a film buff, I was expecting to be bored but now I want to buy all his shit on BD.

The acting can be over dramatic but I found it endearing, especially towards one character.

This is not like LOTR where's it's a huge drag.
>>
>>63689650
How does The Magnificent Seven stack up?
>>
>>63693066
It's not even out yet dumbass
>>
>>63694562
I think you're 55 years late to the party anon
>>
>>63694562
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.