[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The Dark Side"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Why is darkness always evil in movies? I mean sure, I understand that shadows and night time are scary because of what might be hiding. But I wonder if all humans were as dark as Africans, if "dark" would still be "evil".

Because some tribes in non-white countries used to shun albinos as evil spirits. And ghosts/apparitions are more white than dark. Dunno, it would be interesting to have a movie where paleness is evil or out of the ordinary. Are there some good examples?
>>
>>63686173
People prefer light because it provides a survival advantage. Similarly, evolution has programmed us to avoid the dark because it hinders survival.
>>
The Matrix had those Albino twins and Lord of the Rings had that magician.
>>
>>63686246

Oh yeah, those are both good examples. Sauroman being evil is actually a good one EXCEPT Gandalf comes back later as "The White" also, which is implied to be better than his previous gray version.

Some orcs are super pale, but I still feel like they make the ugliest ones black.
>>
>>63686173

Go away Melissa harris perry via trolls and krager out of msnbc by victoria.
>>
>>63686226
>evopsych
Hello /pol/!
>>
>>63686692
Evopsych is the most legitimate social science m8.
>>
Star Wars stormtroopers
Palpatine's pale face
fuck off
>>
>63686692
wut? not him but that just makes sense
wtf is evopsych some new buzzword? am i being trolld?
>>
File: 1404277409254841380.gif (265 KB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
1404277409254841380.gif
265 KB, 400x170
>>63686173
The dark side embraces emotions, such as passion, hate, love. Emotions that the Jedi's suppress. The light side are fearful to face reality and need safe spaces. The more I looked into it I came.to the conclusion the Jedi's were controlling fascist faggots.
>>
>>63686173

You ever see what happens to a corpse after a while?

They turn black.

That's why black / darkness have been associated with death and evil throughout the history of mankind, dumb ass.
>>
>>63686173
>Why is darkness always evil in movies?

Because niggers.
>>
>>63688202
That and generally anything black is poison/inedible/bad for you.
Black just means bad. Night, rotten food, african people, infections, dark blood is bad (whereas more reddish blood isn't so severe), lots of things that are black are bad.
>>
>>63686173
It's because people with darker skin are usually more evil.
>>
>>63686246
Why the fuck are Albinos always evil?
>>
File: 1449360771649.jpg (66 KB, 968x1068) Image search: [Google]
1449360771649.jpg
66 KB, 968x1068
The Dark Side isn't evil. In fact it's just another side of the coin that is the Force which encompasses all. One can't have one without the other and only when one accepts and embraces both can balance be achieved; to become one with the force.
>>
>>63688457
they are uncommon and look weird
>>
>>63687932
Jedi are the Vulcans of Star wars. Essentially light/dark in SW is logic/reason vs. muh feelings. Jedi suppressed emotion because getting angry is what fucks everyone up.

KOTOR2 did a good enough job of pointing out the flaws of jedi ideology though.
>>
>>63686173
White Mans Burden
>>
>>63686173
>People don't like the dark no matter where they're from or what they look like because in darkness you can't see threats around you
>For all of human history
>Suddenly it's about race

Jesus, get over yourself dude.
>>
Who cares. They're just metaphorical stand ins for good and evil.

The problem is that after centuries people realised that the dark characters are way cooler and want to redeem them somehow.

It's just meta bullshit.
>>
>>63686173
>darkness = unknown
>unknown = predators
>predators = fear

Therefore darkness = fear, you dumb fucking nigger.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.