[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone here actually get into blurays? I think after the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: images (12).jpg (15 KB, 534x275) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
15 KB, 534x275
Did anyone here actually get into blurays?

I think after the DVD era I basically just got into downloading everything.

does anyone actually have a dedicated bluray player and bluray collection?
>>
>>63684835
fuck off to hell you damn little whippersnapper and your torrent websites. You're a disgrace
>>
I like blu-rays because I like to have the best video quality
>>
>not having a Blu Ray player in 2015

Are you homeless and posting on your computer in a Starbucks?

Blu ray is still the best quality.
>>
>spend hundreds if not thousands on movies
>only watch once, maybe twice
Whats the point?

Download or bust
>>
I only buy Arthouse and classics. Pirate everything else
>>
>>63684835
I like buying blu rays. I like buying books. I like buying music.

I like owning things, having them around me. Seeing them and remembering the feelings they elicited or the stories they told. The memories of where and when I saw/read/heard them.

I'm in my mid 30s though.
>>
File: movies.jpg (1 MB, 2850x1929) Image search: [Google]
movies.jpg
1 MB, 2850x1929
>>63684835
I buy them and watch them on my home theater. I also download and stream movies of course.
>>
>>63685592

>movies arranged by Director's last name

bro
>>
>>63685650
I like it that way. Some movies I don't recall the director, but for most I think about the director first. I haven't found a better way.

I recently got the Apu trilogy, Black Cats box and 5 Borowczyk Arrow blurays. They aren't pictured.
>>
>>63686036

Is this Sean Baker?
>>
>>63686068
I watched Tangerine last week, but no. I'm not famous.
>>
>>63686138

Bummer. He tweeted the other day about getting those Borowczyk Arrow blurays and the Apu trilogy.

Anyway, you have a nice collection. Mine is small in comparison but I just do by movie title. I go by author for books but books are more concretely the product of the person's name on the spine than movies are.
>>
>>63685592
i'm not sure i can feel good about someone having that many criterion releases
>>
I have about 150-200 films on blu ray
>>
>>63684835
I have a Blu-ray player and a pretty great collection. I've never counted them up, but there's a lot.
>>
>>63686188
Well that's just a coincidence. Do you buy from the Arrow/BFI/MoC?

>>63686219
What's the problem?
>>
Got Star Trek TNG, LOTR, BttF on BD.

Play them on my PS3.
>>
>>63685592
Nice, dude. I have mine arranged alphabetically by title instead of director because I have some box sets that have films from more than one director. By the way, is your Berlin Alexanderplatz set on Blu-ray? I thought that was only on DVD.
>>
>>63686368
I have a few with multiple directors that I stuck at the end. I don't see how going by title helps in that case because those boxes also have multiple movie titles.

It's on DVD. That and the BRD trilogy right next to it are the only DVDs I own.
>>
>>63686493
I just use the titles of the sets themselves. I just buy Blu-rays too, but I have a box set of Laurel and Hardy DVDs which I'd recommend. The shorts are way better than the features, except Sons of the Desert, which is a masterpiece.
>>
If i wasn't such a poorfag i would have a huge collection and a proper home theatre instead of a 700 euro projector and 100 euro speakers.
fuck, nice collections guys ;_;
>>
File: 1447085807510.jpg (120 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
1447085807510.jpg
120 KB, 716x768
>>63686938
Projectors are fucking expensive, I can't even afford one to be honest. At least I can look at collections on /tv/ and imagine they're mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>63684835
I was a bit young during the DVD era, so most of my DVDs were gifts or movies that I really liked. Started buying BRs at 16 and bought the BR player at 17, and that was in 2014. I do regret some of my purchases, but that's mostly because of their replay value. Some movies were purchased with nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>63687027
It's ok but not a proper home theatre and took me some while to get that money together
maybe when if i get a job in the near future i can build myself a proper theater and start getting the blu rays.
Torrent quality 10gb at the minimum atm is fine but still not highest quality which sucks.
>>
File: 1441809537268s.jpg (3 KB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
1441809537268s.jpg
3 KB, 125x96
>>63687074
>>
>>63687074
Is that L O S T set all 6 seasons?
That Heroes nostalgia though...
>>
File: panik death.png (597 KB, 771x578) Image search: [Google]
panik death.png
597 KB, 771x578
>tfw ran out of space for blu rays on my IKEA shelves
>>
>>63684835
I love DVD's too much to give them up for blu rays. Also
>downloading everything
just doesn't feel the same desu
>>
>>63687146
I know, but atleast /tv/ helped me see the error of my ways.
>>63687151
It's only the first season in DVD.
>>
ITT:hoarders
>>
>>63684835
I have two Bluray players without even trying, because I'm a filthy /v/edditor and Xbones and PS3s have it built in.
>>
>>63684835
yes
>>
if I really like a movie, a Bluray is preferable to wasting 8-20 gigs of hard drive space for a high-quality rip
>>
I only buy BDs if they have sexy women. For example, the last two I bought were Back to the Future for the Goddess Lea Thompson and Cinderella for milk titties cleavage.
>>
If any of you TRULY enjoy film, I HIGHLY encourage you to buy blurays and frequently go to the cinema. And no going to cinema for caeshit with your friends doesn't fucking count. Support your independent filmmakers and local independent/arthouse cinemas! Keep film alive and diverse. We NEED middle ground for films. They can't be diluted by endless remakes of prior material and cinematic universes.
>>
>>63688786
this
>>63690001
this, but its a bit of a redditpost m8, at least dont do the sperging of random CAPITAL words to show your writing style is UNDER the age of 22
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.