[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo and feminism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2
File: '.jpg (37 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
37 KB, 458x390
Fargo Season 2 talks about feminism and gender divisions a LOT. But I can't quite pin down what it is trying to say.

Here's my best shot:
>Women can be very capable.
>Feminism might be theoretically correct, but looks foolish compared to the depth of real human interaction.
>Conservative women who have good husbands are already living the feminist dream of doing what they want.
>"Liberated" women will never be able to live the feminist dream, because they want something that doesn't exist.
>Society is at the mercy of men, and good men are important to preserve.
>>
>It's the rock we all push... men. We call it our burden, but it's really our privilege.
>>
>People are dead, Peggy.
>>
>>63681060
I don't think it's antifeminist, but it realistically shows that 90% of women calling themselves feminists are covering for something.

Like when Simone betrays her family to die and passes it off as "not being told what to do anymore".
>>
>>63681060
>>63681506
>some women only think of themselves
>>
>strong womyn
>aliums
>beta husband cop
>le epic injun man
>magical negro assassin

progressive/10
>>
>>63681370
what he said is true. We all do it

thing is feminism and every other nism that has been amplified by the internet because every moaning cunt has got a voice. In reality, its not important. Women will still insult you by saying "be a man for fucks sake"
>>
>>63681060
Men think that because they have been to war and seen some shit they have it hardest.

Women think because they have to raise children and be a career woman they have it hardest.

Remember it's all about language. If we all just could understand each other.
>>
>>63681370
>The Myth of Sisiphyus
>>
>>63681891
>it's all about language
pomo degenerate detected

>>63681925
wow you're so educated le fellow gentlesir
>>
>>63681891

>Spending time with your kids is as bad as dealing with machine guns

This is why people don't like feminists
>>
>>63681780
>beta husband cop
Beta husband cop who is highly capable, interrupts Peggy's self-pitying bullshit and goes home to a woman who believes her God-given purpose is to raise her child (she probably includes him in that, but still).
>>
men are violent & awful
>>
>>63681788
If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then why don't you be a man for fucks sake?
>>
>>63681060
You can be a "strong" person, male or female, by just being one and not worrying about it, in the case of Peggy's hallucination in Ep8 or Lou's entire character, or even Floyd and Betsy too if you want to go that far.

If you have to incessantly worry about "liberating" and "actualizing" yourself and blaming other people for not living your own life out, then at the root of it, it causes you to be selfish and insecure.

Peggy did not give a single fuck about Ed.
>>
>>63682080
>why don't you be a man for fucks sake?
why do this to me? I get flashbacks of every woman who has said this to me.
Its like a knife in the heart
>>
>>63682053
Being married is for faggot cucks m8, I don't care how capable he is.
>>
>>63682116
maybe now but not then tbqf
>>
>>63681925
>>63681370
>"The struggle itself [...] is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Camus
>>
>>63682115
Actually I meant it as a retort to modern women...
>>
>tfw no qt noreen gf
>>
>>63682145
Yeah, thank fuck. None of that "defend muh cuntry" or "be a good man and raise kids" bullshit. At least we got that out of feminism.
>>
>>63682116
>thatsbait.gif
>>
>>63682224
m8 if you're so paranoid maybe you should fuck off to a hugbox where everyone has predictable opinions

stupid fucking cunt
>>
>>63681506
>Molly

She's a wife, mother and a career woman. Lou listened.
>>
>>63681961
>pomo

Guy who freely uses terms he cannot define detected. Irony, eh?
>>
>>63681780
Nothing beta about lou m8
>>
>>63682247
>morebait.jpeg
>>
>>63682271
More like Molly was raised right, and so she has time management skills instead of being a flake.
>>
>>63681998
>The real victims of war are the woman

You stupid, stupid, stupid bitch.
>>
>>63681961
No, i just understand well-placed story structure and symbolism.
>>
>>63682347
And why was she raised right?
>>
>>63681780
>beta husband
lol
>>
>>63682347
>maj of her life she was brought up by her father

hmm
>>
>>63682115
>why do this to me? I get flashbacks of every woman who has said this to me.
I think that just about sums up what a useless void of a person you are.
>>
>>63682386
Because her parents were both strong and driven people. It's not necessarily true that her dad sat her down and gave her a speech about being a woman as opposed to a man.
>>
>>63682053
>this

I, and most other men love a strong capable woman, what I dont love is weak bitches who use empty arguments for problems they dont even have.
>>
>>63682115
There are not a lot of benefits to being a man these days. There are however a lot of benefits to being male :^)
>>
>>63682426
I think Peggy's words had an effect on him, regardless. I think as she grew older he started to see how maybe Peggy turned out the way she did, and didn't want his own daughter to suffer the same anguish or anxiety.
>>
>>63682386
>>63682403
>reactionaries now advocating single-parent families

It's playing right into the cultural marxists' hands, lads.
>>
>>63682493

Cool fanfic bro, you should write that shit up.
>>
>>63682462
True that, shoulda been born white female for super easy OP mode.
>>
>>63682415
probably but who are you to judge
>>
Do they explain the "aliens"? Still have to see the last one and season finale
>>
>>63682494
I think harems are the way to go tbqh. It's already true that 20% of males get 80% of all sex. Also, more than 50% of males 18-24 reported having gotten laid less than one time per year.

If we had alpha harems and just got the nerd cucks to stick to their video games, we'd probably solve the demographic problems without the need for importing lesser lifeforms from the Middle East.
>>
>>63682573
Fuck yeah, Pareto criterium!
>>
>>63682517
>63682517▶
>>>63682493 (You)
>Cool fanfic bro, you should write that shit up.

I will, don't worry. You'll see it in the next few days. Don't trouble yourself too much over women, anon. They're only people too.
>>
>>63682554
Yeah. They were aliens. Straight up.

When I was typing "S" just now, my finger slipped and I hit control instead of shift, and it made automatic spoiler tags. When did we get these?
>>
>>63682554
Hahah don't come to this board or reddit after you watch them. Actually go discuss them somewhere of merit.
>>
>>63682554
No explanation is given or required. It's just a gag to subvert expectations I guess. I like to think there's somebody who actually believed this was a true story right up until the UFO appears.
>>
>>63682670
>When did we get these?

Years ago. Don't know exactly, but they're not recent.
>>
>>63682670
the fuck, it actually works
>>
>>63682751
Nah, spoiler tags have been around a good while, but I've never seen spoiler tags you can just flick on like that. That's really neat.
>>
>>63682914

Yeah, I get that you haven't seen them. I'm just saying the feature has existed for at least a couple of years.
>>
>>63682670
>he's been actually typing the spoiler tags all this time
top lel
>>
>Every single decision Floyd made as matriarch was wrong.
>The slut was killed for being a slut
>Peggy got her man killed and realized the impossibility of being a good wife and mother and having a career
>The lesbian man hater was killed off
>Lou extols the virtues of male privilege, explaining how it saves women and children.

Fargo is a 'problematic' show, as the SJW crowd would say.
>>
>>63683327
>Every single decision Floyd made as matriarch was wrong.
Not really. They led to horrible consequences, but they were good decisions based on her information. It's just that the gods had decided her family should die.

Also Dodd would have been worse.
>>
>>63682494
Both parents being decent is the ideal situation. One good parent is better than two shit parents, or a mom/dad that will spoil and poison a child's mind and cripple them for life.
>>
This was one of my favorite aspects of this season. Peggy's quest for empowerment literally just made her miserable and got her friend killed, who was also preaching about how SHE DIDNT NEED NO MAN the whole time. Ed could have given Peggy the perfect life, and it still wasn't enough for her until it was too late. The last thing Ed said to her about how she could never just chill the fuck out and be happy raising a family was what really got me thinking about it. And the way Peggy tried to play the "WOE IS ME FOR BEING A WOMAN" card at the end and Lou was like nah bitch. This show was red-pilled as fuck 2bh
>>
>>63682149
this.
a thousand times this.
>>
>>63683327
If Dodd had fell in line with Floyd in the first place, all the Gerhardts would have survived through the Kansas City deal.

Dodd poisoned his family with his pride and misinformation. Floyd is really the only female who isn't to blame for her downfall.
>>
anyone got a webm of the young numbers and wrenches?
>>
>I believe satan is a woman
>>
>>63683620

This, feminism got blown out hard this season
>>
>>63685109
>racist, expressly physically and implied sexually abusive father who believes satan is a woman bucks the hierarchy in a transition of power because he can't accept female leadership, directly leading to the downfall of his organisation and multiple deaths, including his own

Feminism confirmed blown the fuck out in the minds of people who close their eyes and wish really hard.
>>
nugget
>>
>>63685384
the dude who you replied to replied to a post listing a shitload of examples, and you just point out the one thing that wasn't in that original post?

HEELLLOO REEEDDDIIIIT
>>
>>63683620
>Ed could have given Peggy the perfect life

if that's your idea of the perfect life you're a boring fucker
>>
>>63686018
>central driving force of the plot
>"one thing"

Hey there /pol/! I'm here and I'm never leaving! I hope we can be friends!
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.