[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Lynch has the rights to the film adaption of your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: twin_peaks_movie.jpg (69 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
twin_peaks_movie.jpg
69 KB, 500x773
David Lynch has the rights to the film adaption of your favorite show.

How scared are you?
>>
>>63679659
>The Twilight Zone

Could be worse.
>>
>>63679659
I don't know who he is, and I don;t really have a fovrite tb show. Guess im just here fro you to check these dubs
>>
>>63679688
nice

FWWM is excellent and only disliked by plebs.
>>
>>63679688
Checked
>>
>>63679703

OP here. It aint about who has patrician taste in directing but who can't stand when all their favorite characters get absolutely no airtime.

I argue that this movie shat on its fanbase more than SM3 did for venomfags
>>
The Twin Peaks TV show is the artistic infant leagues compared to the masterpiece that is Fire Walk With Me.
>>
I'm okay with this.
>>
He'd fuck up Mad Men, but make Smallville amazing.
>>
>>63679761
How can you be a fan of the show and miss the point of the movie so hard?
>>
>>63679761
Shitting on characterfags is a duty of every self-respecting creator of things
>>
>Breaking Bad movie directed by DL
>literally just focuses on Gretchen
>>
I saw Blue Velvet 2 days ago, it was amazing. Kinda makes me wish he had done more things with a straightforward plot.
>>
>>63679761
The Twin Peaks fanbase deserved to be shit on. The very concept of a "fanbase" is anti-artistic. Lynch only made the TV show so he could attract a normie following and then put a bullet in each of every one of their heads with his movie. Art isn't there to please you.
>>
>>63679828

Will she be nude?
>>
Even some of the deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me are some of the greatest scenes put to film. An absolute masterpiece.
>>
riget
my body is ready
>>
Confirmed for the best X-Files movie ever
>>
>>63679863
>Kinda makes me wish he had done more things with a straightforward plot.
>I wish Lynch had been more shackled by the obligation to produce pedestrian garbage.
If you thing Blue Velvet is anywhere near his best then you're just not equipped to appreciate real Lynch. Blue Velvet may as well be some hotpocket piece of capeshit video game trash when you hold it up next to Inland Empire or Lost Highway. He wasted enough of his career making concessions to the plebs.
>>
>>63679888
>has set definition of what "art" should do

pleb sit down and shut up. Your age is showing.
>>
>>63679684
Sounds great
>>
File: Characters_of_Evangelion.jpg (67 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
Characters_of_Evangelion.jpg
67 KB, 300x186
It would cement itself forever in history as mankinds greatest artistic effort.
>>
>>63679960
agreed.

that 1hr plus of deleted scenes on the bluray, was literally golddust, better than inland empire.
>>
>>63680011
There is art and then there is reddit. The film is the former, the show is the latter.
>muh coop
>muh fun comfy meme show
Can't wait until new Twin Peaks is some Inland Empire x1000 next level shit that doesn't even show your beloved characters on screen at all.
>>
do you guys think Lynch is going to alienate the shit out of modern Twin Peaks fans with the new season?
>>
>>63679960
The one that I think absolutely should have been in the movie was Ed and Norma in the truck. It fit the themes of both the show and the movie perfectly.
>>
>>63680090
If he doesn't then he's a fucking sell out.
>>
>>63680090
Isn't alienation kind of the whole point of Twin Peaks?
>>
>>63680040
A live action Evangelion television series directed by Lynch? I could see it.
>>
>>63680040
I'd rather see Jodorowsky's Evangelion.
>>
>>63680090
i thought he already quit working on it
>>
>>63680004
I never think of storytellng as a necessary part of filmmaking, but it is very enjoyable when done so well and very few directors are able to make it more than just entertainment.
>>
Mad Men, not at all. The final half season was at point Lynchian. Think he'd find a nice balance between the realism and darkness.
>>
>>63680090
Hard to say. Apparently the backlash to FWWM made a pretty big impact on him.
>>
>>63680080
I never said i thought it was art. Lynch is an over rated hack.
>>
>>63679659
So a second Twin Peaks film. Sweet.
>>
>>63680004
You seriously need to fucking check yourself. Divvying up Lynch's filmography into stuff he made for the common folk and for the arthouse crowd is the height of pretension. Aside from Dune and Twin Peaks I don't doubt he's done exactly what he wants to do with every project he's been involved with.
>>
>LOST
would probably be an giant pile of shit
don't know how to make an movie out of that
>>
>>63679659
>Pushing Daisies revival movie by Lynch
I'll take it, just bring it back
>>
>>63679659

>30 Rock

I dont think he would bother making it
>>
File: 768314.jpg (16 KB, 455x342) Image search: [Google]
768314.jpg
16 KB, 455x342
>>63679659
>true detective
oh baby
>>
>>63679659
>Twin Peaks

What now?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.