[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inform me. Why do people seem to hate the new Star Trek trailer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: Star Trek Beyond.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Beyond.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw
>>
It looks like a straight to video movie for some reason
>>
>>63676548
>>
Because it's Star Trek Troopers, not Star Trek.

Normies like it because they like what they're told to like. Trekkies think it's shit because it's shit.
>>
>>63676556
Shitty CGI, stupid jokes, stupid premise
>>
>>63676556
There is another Star Trek movie?

Why?
>>
so the plot is some alien dude played by black james bond is destroying spaceships and stranding the crews on some refugee planet....
>>
>>63676556

Looks like actual fun instead of cuck wars

Also what's not to love about sabotage by the beastie boys
>>
File: 4603039.jpg (310 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
4603039.jpg
310 KB, 800x1280
Star Wars ripoff
>>
>>63676556
>Directed by Justin Lin
I dont particularly hate it, i will hate it if it takes itself seriously, instead of being a proper meme movie like f&f
>>
>>63676658
But Trekkies have spent decades eating up shit with a grin on their face, so why would their opinion matter?
>>
>>63676870
Because they are the only people who still care about Star Trek.
And the only people who have actually watched Star Trek.
>>
Sorry, nerds. But Star Trek was boring as shit. These new films finally gave new life to the "Star Trek" name.

Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's not meant for your boring nerd-ass anyway.
>>
because we are sick and tired of the fuckin prequels, why couldn't they just make a post-voyager/whatever's the last star trek, movie?
>>
>>63676894

So then they were the ones who made 09 and Into Darkness a success? If they liked those they will enjoy this one too probably
>>
>>63676992
I meant Star Trek shows,and you know it.
Everyone liked JJ Trek except Trekkies because it took a name that once stood out and was its own thing, and turned it into every other big-budget action sci-fi.
>>
>meme music
>dirt bike jump
>ebin funny one liners
>>
>>63676624
That's what the first GotG trailer looked like too to be honest.
>>
>there are scifi movies like interstellar, the martian and gravity
>take a scifi brand and turn it into a marvel clone instead of making a scifi movie
>>
>>63676899
Here's your (You)
>>
>>63676556

"Enterprise is not only a ship, it's much more...

It's our home and we are not just a crew, we're a FAMILY!"

*Wiz Khalifa starts playing, Scotty pops a Corona*
>>
>>63677028

You said earlier that only Trekkies care about Star Trek, but now you contradict yourself saying only non-Trekkies liked the new movies.

The reality is that the new movies brought a lot of new Trekkies into the fandom and made more people care about Star Trek. Star Trek never reached the popularity of Star Wars simply because they were never really good in the first place
>>
>>63676556
The Enterprise getting hosed is becoming almost as trendy and uninspired as Optimus Prime dying in pretty much every new Transformers series.

Like Prime's death, the destruction of the Enterprise was an absolutely shocking and heartfelt moment (Star Trek 3), but the CONSTANT need to revisit it has completely tarnished the impact of it.

It's like a Dragonball Z character dying. They pretty much always come back.
>>
>>63677287
>TV shows in the 60s or 90s
>even able to reach the level of popularity of a movie
>let alone several movies
pls
>>
>>63677318

There were Star Trek movies too you know
>>
>>63677374
And some of them were as sucessful as Star Wars when it came out.
SW became more and more popular as time went on thanks to marketing, merchandise, video game licensing, something Lucasarts teams were good at while Paramount can't get into it.
>>
File: 1448481255066.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448481255066.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>63676556
>THIS IS WHERE THE FRONTIER PUSHES BACK

BRAVO SIMON PEGG BRAVO
>>
File: Nerd.jpg (17 KB, 339x306) Image search: [Google]
Nerd.jpg
17 KB, 339x306
>>63676556
I think the problems with the trailer are
1. It doesn't indicate anything about the story. We go from stranded to fighting against Idris Elba and the aliens without any context
2. The music is wildly inappropriate and isn't even edited to match the trailer. It's like they took a a minute from Sabotage and just put it over the action
3. The action looks terrible and not exciting
4. It's trying too hard to be GotG, which really shows the low standards Paramount has
>>
File: 1449699541996.jpg (43 KB, 599x591) Image search: [Google]
1449699541996.jpg
43 KB, 599x591
>>63677249
>>
the only thing good about the new trek movies are the new ship designs and other designs. the story sucks ass. in other words, it looks fantastic, just leave your brain outside.
>>
>>63677287
>le "popularlity means it's better" argument
>>
>>63676556
one word: hella, frickin, EPIC.
>>
>>63677287
Dude you're comparing a TV series to a movie triliogy. It's like saying High Plains Drifter never reached the popularity of Gunsmoke because they were never really good in the first place hurrr.
>>
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM
>>
>>63677072
No it didn't, it looked a big sci-fi film
>>
is this what star trek is about?
>>
>>63676556

It just doesn't make me want to see the movie very much. I mean, what kind of plot hook is the Enterprise getting trashed when it was already beaten to a pulp in each of the last two movies? It's just a total glass cannon at this point, all it does is get smashed to pieces.
>>
Because it's not the exact same.

Every iteration of Star Trek tries to go in a different direction, and aside from Enterprise and DS9 they all work.

And still people complain that it isn't the same.

We'd never have TNG if these crying idiots were in charge
>>
>>63680079
>DS9 doesn't work
I want people who worship the god-awful, milquetoast TNG to leave
>>
>>63676556
nerds
>>
>>63676556
Because it looked better than Star Wars.
>>
>>63680141
>TO BOLDLY STAY IN ONE PLACE AND PRETEND ITS BATTLESTAR GALACTICA WHERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE

Just admit you like soap operas, it's ok, we've already judged you.
>>
>>63680079
>DS9 didn't work

found the cuck memer
>>
If its another EARTH IS UNDER ATTACK fuckface storyline again in a fucking sci-fi setting with tons of planets to explore I'm gonna become a meme
>>
File: Picture-315.png (658 KB, 1110x847) Image search: [Google]
Picture-315.png
658 KB, 1110x847
>>63680234
>implying Picard wasn't the most boring captain
>implying any series with Troi could be good
>implying underutilizing O'Brien and Worf was a good thing
>implying everything about Riker's character wasn't one dimensional garbage
>implying there's latinum to be made in any Trek series with this much of a Ferengi episode deficit
It's okay that you like whooshing spaceships and contrived plots born out of autistic decisions by the captain, but don't pretend it's better.
>>
>>63680079
>TOS writers: Let's try something new.
>TNG writers: Let's try something new.
>DS9 writers: Let's try something new.
>VOY writers: Let's try more TNG.
>ENT writers: Let's try more TNG.
Are there REALLY people on this board who try to pretend that Voyager and Enterprise weren't the shit Treks?
>>
Simon Pegg wrote this? This is total shit copied onto a Digital Cinema Package.

That "late capitalist conspiracy" quote that comes up here 100 times a day must have been pre-emptive damage control for his shitty Trek movie.
>>
>>63680425
>DS9 fans unironically believe O'Brien was a good character
>>
I've never seen DS9? Is it worth it?
>>
File: Nog-ferengi-18292598-580-360.jpg (46 KB, 580x360) Image search: [Google]
Nog-ferengi-18292598-580-360.jpg
46 KB, 580x360
>>63680702
>is best trek worth it
>>
>>63680702
Do you like shows driven by drama and character interactions?
>>
>>63680641
Not on TNG he wasn't.
>>
>>63676556
2009 reboot was fine. I thought the casting was pretty good and the story well written. Into Darkness was horrifyingly bad though. A massive shit of a film in fact.
>>
>>63680876
sure
>>
>>63676931
Because money
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.