[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so bad bros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: crimson-peak-poster.jpg (1 MB, 1594x2362) Image search: [Google]
crimson-peak-poster.jpg
1 MB, 1594x2362
Why was it so bad bros?
>>
It wasn't.
>>
>>63675695
>it was a gothic romance therefore good
yeah nah
>>
people expected more of a TWEEST
>>
I really liked it. The design of the ghosts was top notch, especially how they would reconstitute themselves out of whatever liquid or dust was around at the moment. Chastain was creepy as hell.
>>
It wasn't bad, it was a low-key, straightforward, well acted for the most part, well shot, campy, gothic horror. 2015 audiences don't know how to enjoy it. It'll probably be one of the last quasi-unique major releases we'll ever get.
>>
>>63675629
ITS CHASTAIN HIDDLESTON WASIKOWSKA

NOT

WASIKOWSKA CHASTAIN HIDDLESTON

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM TRIGGERED
>>
File: cgi everything.webm (3 MB, 1920x1034) Image search: [Google]
cgi everything.webm
3 MB, 1920x1034
It's a chick flick.
>>
>>63675629
it was honestly one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had. Like the color scheme, the costumes, the overall dialect. PERFECT. Also, its very rewatchable, many allusions to butterflies and mary shelley
>>
>>63675809
I thought he did a good job making you think the twist was that she wasn't his sister but then it turned out she really was, and they just been incestous
>>
>>63676062
Also, he used NO CGI for most of the ghosts. He out a guy in a costume and upped the transparency to make it feel ghostish. There is actually very little CGI in the movie at all
>>
File: chastain_feet.jpg (284 KB, 1104x1440) Image search: [Google]
chastain_feet.jpg
284 KB, 1104x1440
>>63676067
take that back
>>
>>63676288
what an ugly fourth toe!
>>
>>63676266
the big black cocks werent cgi that's for sure.
>>
File: crimsonpeak4.webm (3 MB, 1280x689) Image search: [Google]
crimsonpeak4.webm
3 MB, 1280x689
>>63676067
Chastain has stronger bone structure
>>
I didn't think it was that bad. Looking forward to the behind the scenes.
>>
>>63676601
what an ugly place for a photo shoot
>>
>>63677117

QUEANED
>>
>>63675629
Because it was a romance that features a ghost instead of a ghost story
>>
>>63677707
Like, they outline it at the beginning of the movie: It's not a ghost story, it's a story with a ghost in it.
>>
>>63675737
>it was entertaining and wonderfully crafted therefore good
>>
I loved the old fashioned fade out they did in a few scenes
>>
>>63677759
I know, which was disappointing because i wwent in expecting a hopefully good horror movie
>>
>>63675629
Is there a good quality rip out now? Been interested in watching it again.

I loved it, it was like a Hammer movie.
>>
>>63677825
everyone was. blame the marketing department
>>
>>63675629
It felt very basic and by the numbers. Most people probably weren't expecting it to be a full-on romance movie either.
>>
Is it still considered a romance film if he was faking his affection?
>>
>>63678040
He wasn't faking it. Did you watch the movie
>>
>>63675629
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't a horror movie.

It's not a ghost story, it's a story with ghosts in it.
>>
>>63677117
MOMMIED
>>
>>63678172
He was still fucking his sister every night even after he had a change of heart.
>>
It's patently a homage to Italian gothic horrors so I enjoyed it.
Still it was kainda tame in comparison.
>>
>>63675629
I recall Chastain talking about how much she loves that the movie has a very non-traditional female character, like strong, evil and sexually promiscuous or something... Yeah, that would explain a lot.
>>
>>63678375
>sexually promiscuous or something
Is that in relation to Edith taking the reigns in bed? I was assuming she was a virgin but she really didn't act like it.
>>
>>63678189
>that foreshadowing
ridiculous
>>
>>63678419
>straight up telling you what will happen
>foreshadowing
subtlety isn't del tacos strength
>>
>>63678418
No clue, haven't seen the flick
>>
Has it reached the dollar theaters near anyone else? It isn't at mine yet and there are newer films already being shown there.
>>
>know a guy for all of three days
>accept his marriage proposal
what could go wrong
>>
>>63675737
Did he fucking say that?
>>
It wasn't much of a horror
It wasn't much of a ROMANCE
It wasn't much of a mystery

it was mediocre on all those fronts
>>
So what could Del Toro have done differently to make this more of a success?
>>
>the knife fight at the end

I was laughing at most of this movie, but that scene was the cherry on top of the turd sundae.
>>
>spic director

Gee... I wonder why, OP...
>>
>>63675629
horror movies generally suck.
>>
>>63675968
I completely agree with this
>>
>>63681840
it's not a horror movie
>>
when the doctor arrives why did loki go through the elaborate scheme of pretending to kill him instead of puting his sister in her place?
he even had the weapon.
>>
>>63681944
He still wanted to run away with his sister because love, honor, etc
>>
>>63682007
also 30 years of manipulation from her
>>
>>63681944
I don't think he had it in him to kill someone. His sister did all of the murdering.
>>
Why wouldn't she have married Hunky Doctor?
>>
>>63682221
she grew up with him so it would be like marrying your brother
>>
>>63682221
Not tall, dark, and mysterious enough
>>
>>63681944
>>63682221
your stupid questions need the frodo pic m8
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.