[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ST:ID comes out >Fun, watchable, pretty dumb script >Trekkies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
>ST:ID comes out
>Fun, watchable, pretty dumb script
>Trekkies go on a full assault, shitting on the movie in every site, going full retard by voting it the worst Star Trek movie of all times to teach the executives at paramount a lesson
>Paramount says fuck it and doubles down, hiring the fucking Fast&Furious director and going full popcorn action flick
You know, even if the movie turns out to be shit, I really appreciate Paramount rubbing their cocks all over the faces of whiny nitpicking nerds.
>>
well they already can warp anytime anywhere and bones cured death.

what's the fucking point of anything?
>>
They sure showed us.
>>
>>63666501
So if instead of mashed potatoes you get shit, and the menu clearly states mashed potatoes and you complain you're nitpicking?
>>
>>63666501
>nitpicking

how is the complete rape of a franchise a nitpick? We're not complaining about minutia here, it's a Star Trek trailer with Beastie Boys music for fucks sake.
>>
>yfw the third movie ends showing that the neo-trek movie series was actually taking place in the Evil Mirror Mirror universe

Time travel and death of Kirks dad altered history so the federation turns evil
>>
>>63666501
>fun, watchable

lolno
>>
Star Trek fans are the least qualifyed to judge these movies. It will be a fun movie like the previous ones
>>
Wtf >>63667343
go watch star wars faggot
>>
The hate for into darkness wasn't because of the tone or it being a popcorn flick.
09 was a popcorn flick, and while many trekkies disliked this turn, it was received okay amongst the community and at the very least received far better than into darkness.

Into Darkness pissed off anyone who's seen Wrath of Khan because its a shitty hackneyed retread except done awkwardly and worse at every step. It's like The Amazing Spiderman, except the effect is quadrupled. It also pissed off casual movie fans because it wasn't very good, and it took suspension of disbelief to extreme levels and was hard to be immersed in when you're continuously scanning the narrative for solutions to all the logical questions you're asking yourself about internal logic and character motivation.
>>
File: 1440052663656.jpg (20 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
1440052663656.jpg
20 KB, 692x530
reminder Dukat did nothing wrong aside from perhaps being to leinient with the Bajoran terrorists, and except when he accidentally got himself stuck on the station while the boobytraps were going off and when he tried to screw over a rival politician by separating that politician from his son, but then he accidentally left a trail of clues and Garak caught him, and maybe that one time he accidentally got that chick pregnant, and when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole, and one time he tried to convince Sisko that he was perfectly sane, and went about this task by talking to imaginary tulpas, also the whole becoming Space Satan thing might have been ill advised
>>
>>63667238

I need to track down that walrus raping the male penguin webm

That is paramount doing trekkies
>>
>oh yea? we'll make it even worse and alienate you even more by shitting on your prize

here's the fun part though, when the movie bombs and the series is unsustainable once the normies get bored with it, they'll come crying back

maybe they'll even end up begging frakes or meyer (or even tim russ lmfao) to direct their 2nd reboot and we'll get to have our cake and eat it too.

this is what happens when you start to trade long term legs for short term numbers. screencap this, it'll be prophetic in 2025 and fucking hilarious in 2030
>>
>>63667610
>fucking hilarious in 2030
It's nice you have something to look forward to.
>>
File: 1382814495084.gif (2 MB, 402x335) Image search: [Google]
1382814495084.gif
2 MB, 402x335
I thought both movies were great

then again, I enjoy fun
>>
>>63666501
I'm not a Trek fan, but Into Darkness was really bad, especially when the first one was a lot of fun. It was unbelievably lazy, to the point where it literally went "let's find out how the other Kahn movie crew beat him and just do that." I mean fuck, it even did the Spock death with Kirk, but was so dickless that it actually went "nope jk he's ok" like 5 minutes later.
>>
>>63667537
Basically this. 09 was recieved with a "meh" from Trek fans. It was a flashy action movie with little substance. Not what trekkies wanted but what they expected. Into Darkness was hated because it exploited WoK in an extremely obnoxoious way and had Spock acting like a violent psychopath. Also people expected something a bit more headier after the setup but it was just as dumb as 09.
>>
>>63667925
Why do trek fans complain about Dumb action movies when:
First Contact was an action movie
Insurrection was an action movie
Nemesis was an action movie
And those movies shat the hell out on the main characters we knew and loved for 7 long years.
>>
>>63667834
>let's find out how the other Kahn movie crew beat him and just do that."

but thats not what happened, at all.

all spock said was yo you should prob kill him.

>it actually went "nope jk he's ok" like 5 minutes later.

boo hoo
>>
File: 1449653769231.jpg (106 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449653769231.jpg
106 KB, 1440x1080
>>63668003
Most Trek fans hate those movies and shit on them on a regular basis.
>>
File: 1411583372077.gif (3 MB, 294x222) Image search: [Google]
1411583372077.gif
3 MB, 294x222
>>63668003
And guess what, everybody that liked TNG hated it
>>
>>63668457

i thought first contact was great

you all now realize that the star trek movies paved the way for revamped trek :)
>>
>>63668088

>but thats not what happened, at all.

New Spock asked Old Spock how to win. It's in the movie.

>boo hoo

Orci pls
>>
>>63668883
>New Spock asked Old Spock how to win. It's in the movie.

lol maybe you should watch the movie again
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.