[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now that it's over. We can all agree, right? Fargo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Malvo_lorne_3047.jpg (23 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
Malvo_lorne_3047.jpg
23 KB, 350x250
So, now that it's over. We can all agree, right?

Fargo S1 >>> Fargo S2
>>
Yes, the finale in Season 1 was a little tight but overall okay. The season 2 is better on every aspect until the last two episodes, when the writers go full "WE LOST NOW"
>>
Season 2 had all that great build up, and it ruined it on the last two episodes. To say I'm disappointed is a pretty big understatement.

They still got a few godlike episodes out of this season, and it's still the best shit on TV we've seen all year.

But yeah, S1 was way better.

I do like how Malvo is now without a doubt the canonical most badass dude ever. Hanzee, the big bad guy of this season., gets fucked up by him, no problems.
>>
>those two kids
>Hanzee takes them under his wing to become Wrench and Numbers

I liked the ending, but just can't buy that he Hanzee became that fat mob boss so easily taken out. Maybe it makes sense, he gets to the top and becomes complacent, but man...
>>
>>63663286
Season 2 was better in every way. Malvo was the only thing the first season has going for it other, other than Stephen Root.
>>
Without a fucking doubt. I remember thinking the ending of the first season was a bit of a disappointment in how rushed Lester's death was compared to everything else. But at least the majority of the ending was fucking incredible.

Just compare the last three episodes of Season 1 with the last three episodes of Season 2. Season 1 has the shit beat out of it.
>>
I didn't even realize Hanzee turned into the mafia boss until I read the threads. I realized the kids were Wrench and Numbers and I knew Tropoli was the name of the boss, but my mind still did not comprehend the idea that he somehow had a facial surgery so good he turned into a fucking italian fat dude.
Such a fucking retarded idea by brain refused to acknowledge it.
>>
>>63663286
I think this season was better, but the whole Hanzee = Mr. Tripoli thing is bugging me to no end.

There has to be another explanation.

Otherwise that's the stupidest "twist" ever conceived.
>>
Plebs everywhere.

Do people forget season one had Oliver Platt and Glenn Howerton in it? BecaysebIbdi, almost everytime, because the middlebof the season is a slog.

Season two is better in almost everyway. But leave it to /reddit/ to not understand character arcs and subtext and metaphors because HURR WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE ALIENS PLOT HOLE
>>
Is Season 3 gonna focus on Mr. Wrench? He's the only big loose end from Season 1.
>>
>>63663286
>>63663331
>>63663339
>>63663415
>>63663486
Plebs can't understand aliens deus ex machina and they assume that Hanzee becomes Tripoli just because he holds his ID.
Try to pull your eyes out of your asshole before you watch something that isn't Breaking Bad.
>>
File: 1450161188787.png (1 MB, 1506x581) Image search: [Google]
1450161188787.png
1 MB, 1506x581
>>63663339
Hanzee is not Tripoli, The fat jew guy took on the name instead.
>>
>>63663563

well, how do YOU explain the aliens? specifically related to the fact that they save lou's life.
>>
The ending was so shit that entire last episode could have been taken out and this could have been a nine episode season and the show would actually come out better from it.
>>
>>63663634
They didn't, because Lou saved himself by shooting Bear in the fucking face. But even besides that what does it even matter, Lou decided to keep that a secret, and the only other people who lived to talk about it are Hanzee who dipped and Peggy who is a fucking loon.
>>
>>63663626
Ah, good. That makes way more sense. It was exactly what I assumed the first time I saw the scene then. Then you fags got me the idea that he was Hanzee.

Still, this season's last two to three episodes were pretty shit.
>>
>>63663698
This desu
>>
>>63663698
>if people doesn't mention it then you can consider this fact irrelevant from the course of events

lol
>>
>>63663626

I'm thinking this might be the case, but then the fat guy on the left would be too old.

I think people don't like Hanzee getting fat and old but building his own empire as someone else (specifically a "white" man) works for his arc
>>
>>63663626
>>63663721
Just accept it and move on.
>>
>>63663731

> everything must be cut and dry or else its bad

ok
>>
Why was Lester such a piece of human garbage?

Making that Asian qt wear his coat so she'll get shot in the fucking head. Yes I'm mad
>>
>>63663825
thats when i stopped rooting for him. crossed the fucking line.
>>
>>63663626
That's good, but it means that there was no satisfactory conclusion to Hanzee.

And there was no point whatsoever in Mike Milligan being here.

What a fucking dumb ending.
>>
>>63663286
S1 was GOAT
>>
the leftovers was better
>>
Season 2 was miles better than season 1. But season 1 finale was way better.
>>
>>63663685
It was a fantastic closure for this season. i rather have a finale spread over 2 episodes, than a shitty rushed finale
>>
Fargo Season 1 Last Episode
>Lester continues trying to keep his charade up as Molly gets closer and closer to finding him out
>Malvo fucking shit up on Lester's house
>Lester outmalvoing Malvo
>Malvo getting ambushed and murdered
>Lester getting killed while running away
>Happy End and Conclusion

Fargo Season 2 Last Episode
>The butcher dies
>Peggy gets arrested
>Hanzee and Milligan move on with their lives of crime, doing whatever the fuck they feel like
>Happy End for the cops, though

The first post on this thread said it best. Season 2 was all build up and barely no pay off. Show should have ended at episode 8.
>>
File: 1434946526425.jpg (14 KB, 271x247) Image search: [Google]
1434946526425.jpg
14 KB, 271x247
>>63663862
>no point in Mike being here
>>
>>63663940
>Build up to Sioux Falls Massacre
>Massacre actually happens, ayyliums show up too to tie in with Lou's citation in s1
>no pay off
Okay then.
>>
>>63663940

That was purposeful, what was suppose to happen with all the Gerhardts dead in the previous (climax) episode? This was a resolution. The characters who survived are wrapped up and life goes on.

like the movie its based on
>>
Is this finale the penultimate pleb filter?
>>
>>63664002
That, people saying the Mad Men ending sucked is the ultimate filter.
>>
>>63663286
They both suffer from the same pitfall i fear most other recent shows do where they can't keep their writing consistent for the last episode and have to mentally switch into "fnale" mode which for me at least is very jarring.

S1 had better acting on all fronts and had the best episode either series has managed "Buridan's ass" Lester Nygaard was very compelling and watching him succumb to his urges at Malvo's urgence was great, 5.5/10

S2 takes much more after the HBO model and has more tangible goals and themes present throughout the gang war is instantly an interesting premise and needs no ramp up, however the acting is much worse than in S1 and ultimately it has a weaker final episode all things considered its the more competent series i'd give it a 6/10
>>
>>63663816
>>63663721
>>63663626
He clearly ripped that guys face off and wears it like a mask now.
>>
Season 1 had a brief lull on like the fourth episode and fifth. But from the first to the third, and the fifth to the tenth, especially during the first one, that godlike sixth episode and the last few, it was completely marvelous.

Season 2 had four episodes of building up, an excellent fifth and sixth episode, a nonsensical seventh episode, a godlike eight episode, and then two episodes of pure shit. Much more inconsistent. Much less satisfactory.

Season 1 was better.
>>
>>63663940
Season 1 was literally perfect
>>
>>63664032
>people saying the Mad Men ending sucked

Did people actually do this on /tv/, anonymous? I'm a /v/irgin so I read /tv/ pretty sparingly, but that's pretty bad.
>>
>>63664057
You better believe it. Check the twelve or so Star Wars thread clogging up the catalogue at any given time to know what kind of board this usually is.

There were like four maxed out Independence Day 2 threads with people hyping the fuck out of it. Embarrassing
>>
File: Mike_milligan.png (195 KB, 332x453) Image search: [Google]
Mike_milligan.png
195 KB, 332x453
>>63663970
>People actually think Mike Milligan was at all relevant or interesting to this show.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
>>
50 fucking minutes of laboured exposition.

what a fucking let down
>>
In what fucking aspects was Season 2 even remotely close to being better than Season 1? S1 had better writing, acting, characters and was fucking incredible. I remind you people to go rewatch Episode 1, and then Episode 2, and then Episode 4, and then FUCKING EPISODE 6, the best one, and then 7, 8, 9 and 10
Anyone who actually thinks Season 2 is better has forgot how Season 1 went.
>>
File: 1362358779654.jpg (107 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1362358779654.jpg
107 KB, 500x700
>>63664145
your taste a fucking shit
>>
File: 1402478953584.jpg (27 KB, 338x351) Image search: [Google]
1402478953584.jpg
27 KB, 338x351
>all these people on /tv/ getting mad about how absurd it was to build up all these stories and characters throughout the season and end it like this
>>
No fucking conclusion to Mike
No fucking conclusion to Hanzee
Fucking seriously? You have this gangster and a mass murderer fuck shit up and absolutely nothing happens to them? Mike just turns into a full blown gangster with his skeevy boss giving him the thumbs up and Hanzee gets to go free. Meanwhile the family that actually had the most exposition just fucking dies.
And don't even get me started on how retarded it was to actually put Aliens on this fucking show.
Yes, OP, Season 1 is better.
>>
>>63664231
>Anyone in S1 a better char than actualized Peggy
>>
>>63664231
Remember Oliver Platts story in s1?
>>
>>63664338
It didn't go how I wanted so it's shit: the post.
>>
>>63664338
>No fucking conclusion to Mike
>No fucking conclusion to Hanzee
These are the type of people who got mad that Llellwyn Moss was killed off screen and didn't get an epic showdown. Kiddies can't handle the Coens. This isn't your Tarantino "entertainment" crap.
>>
>>63664338

Wow is an advance form of pleb shit posting or are do you not know what resolution means?
>>
So, what happened with the aliens?
>>
>>63664405
Nothing.

What could have possibly happened with them really?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>63664278
You do have to admit that Season 1 was a much more satisfying ending. Malvo and Lester got in the perfect showdown. Malvo actually managed to get ambushed. Certainly a way better ending than this season. And a better season in general as well.
I enjoyed this season and am not as butthurt as others in this threads, but this is just a fact.
>>
s2 had slightly less annoying characters but still it was a frustrating watch much like breaking bad. some really good moments but some pieces were overused that they lost the effect they had towards the beginning of the season. i still think it was better than s1
>>
>Season 1
IMDB schlock on the level of Breaking Bad or True Detective
>Season 2
Impressionistic art show more akin to Twin Peaks or later seasons of The Sopranos.
>>
>>63664338
>Mike just turns into a full blown gangster
He gets shoved into an accounting job for the mob, m8. Making plebs like you have fits over the "lack of resolution" is an aspect of the overall reason why this story was ended this way.

Now you're going to think you get it. You still won't get it, you'll only get mad.
>>
>Ted Danson literally becomes Big Boss and understand that WORDS CAN KILL
>>
>>63664338
they're setting it up for conclusions in further seasons. there was no conclusion to the deaf guy in s1 either but that was probably him in this last episode
>>
>>63664358
Yes, I do. What's your point? I can draw parallels easily. It's there just to tie unnecessary "loose" ends. It's basically filler, and it feels forced. So just like this episode we just watched.

The difference being, at least that small story was amusing and didn't fucking ruin the god damn finale. Malvo was busy doing other shit like avoiding the cops, Wrench and Numbers and then fighting back at the Syndicate. And don't forget that incredible scene in Episode 6 where Malvo has the greaser shot up by the cops.

So, yeah, Oliver Platt's plot is a hundred times better than this shit finale.
>>
>>63664444
> opinion
> fact

You have quads so I'll bite, the ending for season one worked because the character dynamics called for, at the very least, a confrontation between Lester and Malvo.

By this seasons finale, the Gerhardts are dead, Mike essentially won. The only conflicts between characters left are Ed, Peggy and Hanzee. And Hanzee fucks off because he wanted to, foreshadowed much earlier.

It was a different type of ending really, for a different tone that the season followed.
>>
>>63664480
>Season 1
Brilliant adaptation to an excellent movie with it's own great twists

>Season 2
Pretentious wankery for hipsters to foam over

I'm exaggerating, Season 2 had some good and even great episodes, but Season 1 was better
>>
I can't believe that faggot mailman killed Malvo
>>
>>63664527
>By this seasons finale, the Gerhardts are dead, Mike essentially won
Because the writers made it that way, it's their fault they resolved the most interesting plots in mostly unimpressive ways before the finale. So we got fifty to sixty minutes of expository wankery and unnecessary ties to the past season on this one.
>>
>>63664542
The fact that people who liked season 1 were no longer qualified to appreciate season 2 is objective proof that the art of the show became far more sophisticated.
>>
>>63664556
Only because Malvo tried to Pester the Lester
>>
>>63664514
No it really wasn't, since it had no bearing on Lester's, Molly's and Gus's stories and basically relegated a side plotbto the forefront for like the middle of the season. Great scenes for sure but in service of an uninteresting character who fucks for the rest of the season.

This season finale touched on its themes, wrapped up the characters and ended the story in pretty much the only way we knew it would, except no epic gun battle between characters, which I would guess was the point.
>>
>>63664591
The fact that I enjoyed both seasons and merely appreciated the first season more proves your post is full of shit.
But you made me laugh with your bait and you did make me answer, so good on you.
>>
>>63664575
it's a prequel bro
>>
>>63664610
It had a bearing on Malvo's story, which was just as important a character.
>>
>>63664612
You appreciated season 1 more because it was more easily digestible, which inherently makes it weaker art.
>>
>>63664612
no it just means you aren't qualified to enjoy season 2 which is exactly what he was talking about. not 'proof' man
>>
Remember in the first season how Malvo was basically a metaphor for a demon, devil or even the literal Satan? How there were plenty of good scenes and touches about this fact? And how that made the finale that much more satisfying when Malvo was proven to be just a man like any other?

Now contrast with the second season, where you had alien metaphors going everywhere, and then they just straight up had a retarded CGI spaceship appear during a shootout.

That's why Season 1 is better.
>>
>>63664636
The fuck are you doing watching TV, m8? You do know it's a more easily digestible format than film, right?
>>
>>63664575

Season 2 has a lot more going on, with far more characters, and unless you have an idea for how to write the finale better without revamping the entire season than I'm not sure I could take you seriously, since it was building to the climax of episode 9 and the finale episode giving us appropriate resolutions for the characters.
>>
>>63664656
>he didn't understand the aliens
>>
>>63664444
Sure, the ending to Season 1 was more satisfying. But that's not really saying too much, when the intention of this episode was clearly not 'satisfaction'.

>>63664575
>Because the writers made it that way, it's their fault

Exactly. And they did it on purpose.
>>
>>63664670
are we just bringing up irrelevant points now?
>>
>>63664677
Uh-oh, I see an emperor with no clothes coming through.
Please explain to me how the retarded CGI of the alien spaceship appearing was a good move.
>>
>>63664145
i am not a native speaker.
does what he say make any sense or is it just gibberish?
>>
>>63664626
Doesnt justify the amount of time spent with them and then ultimately dropped for a time jump which renders them fairly pointless
>>
What the fuck was the point of the aliens? What theme or metaphor am I missing out on?

Internet critics everywhere are raving about it but seriously wtf it's shit. If any other show pulled this crap it would get lambasted.
>>
>>63664720
it was a good move because it sorts the plebs (you) from the pats (me)

seriously, you're looking to get your opinion changed here?
>>
>>63664720
Hows it retarded? Lou believed he saw a flying saucer
>>
Rapid City confirmed for Season 7. Screenshot this.
>>
File: aah so its like that.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
aah so its like that.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>63664691
>And they did it on purpose
Ah, so they made poor television on purpose? I see. Brilliant. This means it's good television.
>>
>>63664677
Sure I understood it but I agree with what that anon said. I liked that Malvo might of been the devil than ayy lamos
>>
>>63664733
Google Jabberwock, my friend. It's a pretty interesting read
But the usage of it in that scene was reddit
>>
>>63664769
there isn't really a point (apart from a narrative one) and i doubt they are metaphorical. they essentially started the whole chain of events but aren't really confirmed until the motel shootout. they're said to be active around strange events. maybe they're observing
>>
>>63663862

This.

>people liking le prophetic reddit negro
>>
>>63664811
Theybwere focused on telling a story, not giving you what you wanted.

>>63664821

Thats a respectable opinion anon, I prefer the whole "cosmic observers of the chaos of humanity" ayy lmaos more but to each his own.

Bill Bob was excellent as Malvo though
>>
>>63664811
>poor television

what are you talking about? do you think television is only defined by 'satisfactory' narrative or something?
>>
>>63664860
Shame the story they told was shit.
>>
>>63664874
why was it shit?
>>
I still cant decide if the subtle/not so subtle references to other coen brothers movies is clever or irritating. Either way I enjoyed season 2, 8/10 at least
>>
>>63664874
says you :^)
>>
>>63664894
Yeah, Season 1 is better though.
>>
>>63664811
>poor television

Just because you don't like something or 'get' something doesn't make it bad. The only part of the finale that could be legitimately argued as bad is the Hanzee / Tripoli thing, which seems like a set up for some later season more than anything else.
>>
File: FargoS1E8.jpg (151 KB, 1215x704) Image search: [Google]
FargoS1E8.jpg
151 KB, 1215x704
> "Carolina Murphy had his tongue cut out by an Indian back in the 80's... it worked a little bit after that but never quite the same..."
>Talking about hitmen with disabilities
>Last scene with Hanzee shows him rushing towards the bullies with a knife on his belt

Maybe Hanzee cut out the bullies tongue and helped Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench, which is why Malvo brought up this particular hitman to Mr. Wrench in the hospital. Kids as rival hitmen in season 3 - git hyped
>>
>>63664931
The ending was better in season 1 for sure. But I preferred patrick wilson to the fat girl from season 1 as the lead.
>>
Maybe people should list their favourite Coen brothers films with their preferred Fargo season.
>>
>>63664338
>Mike just turns into a full blown gangster
>Hanzee gets to go free

Mike becomes another nameless drone accountant. He did nothing, so he gets nothing. That was his resolution. As for Hanzee, he was already a force of nature, and now that he had nobody to tie him down and all the loose ends were gotten rid of, he did what the fuck he wanted to do, just like he did before.

You're kind of ignorant, buddy.
>>
>>63664986
K.
1. No Country for old men
2. Fargo
3. Millers crossing
4. Raising Arizona
5. Barton Fink
6. Big Lebowski

Cant decide between season 1 and 2 of Fargo just yet
>>
This fucking shit season was more worried about callbacks to Coen Brother movies than actually being a good story by itself. What a damn shame. It had so much potential.
>>
>>63665048
Yeah, more than a few of Hanzee's scenes were culled directly from NCfOM. I couldn't believe how brazen it was.

And Lou didn't get injured in the final shootout. In S1 he said that was how he got his limp, but that's not what happened.
>>
>>63664986
1. Inside Llewyn Davis
2. No Country
3. Barton Fink
4. Miller's Crossing

>>
>>63665108
He said he got shot at a traffic stop in season one, if you're going to bitch like a drone at least have it be about something
>>
>>63665108
i think the incongruities are interesting, especially when the show tells us every episode, in multiple ways, that it is a 'true' story.
>>
>>63665143
>bitch like a drone
That's not what he said, though. If you're gonna cry like a fag, be right.
>>
>>63663286
Just finished season 2.

The finale was so incredibly indulgent, it was just people standing around and sermonizing for an hour.

The first eight episodes were GOAT, how did they fuck it up so much?
>>
File: 1449945962961.jpg (33 KB, 637x389) Image search: [Google]
1449945962961.jpg
33 KB, 637x389
>>63665038
>>63665119

>No Hudsucker Proxy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63665226
I liked the shootout in episode 9. In retrospect all the alien shit was pretty dumb though.
>>
>>63665233
psh, thats one of their weakest movies. Only one I can think of thats worse is the lady killers.
>>
>>63665251
I had no hopes for the alien shit from the get go. Either it was gonna be a poor metaphor that was hit on our heads too hard to deliver nothing by the end, or it was gonna be the retarded shit we got.

I expected nothing and still got disappointed, as that line goes.
>>
>>63664963
this
>>
>>63663605
“Not apprehend. Dead. Don’t care extramarital, don’t care not related, kill and be killed. Head in a bag. There’s the message.” - Tripoli

Which is pretty much what Hanzee's last line is, so I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>63665324
>>
>>63664963
I also liked Patrick Wilson more than the fat girl. It's a shame he was put on this inferior season.
>>
>>63665400
2 is still better. The final two episodes bring it down sure, but overall it's still the superior season.
>>
Final episode was really just 'ehhh'. It's really kind of the last 5 minutes of Fargo stretched out into a 50 minute episode. I liked it, but it was rather underwhelming and uneventful coming off the last 9 episodes.

Overall, season 2 is significantly better than season 1.

On one last note, the biggest flaw is how they end Hanzee's storyline. Build up all the institutionalized racism towards Indians, and Hanzee's storyline resolves by him becoming, or at least, implied to become a fat Italian mafia boss. I know the whole "tired of this life" sentiment, but they really nullified what could have been a thematically impactful plot point by just disregarding the whole "Indian heritage" stuff. Hanzee was a great character who got a stupid end, all the tension betwen Indians and Americans is just thrown away for the fat mafia boss bullshit.

9/10 season.
>>
>>63664733
It's a poem by Lewis Carroll, the guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland. There was no real context for Milligan to be quoting it, but that's kind of his thing, I guess.
>>
>>63665375
But maybe Hanzee saying that stuck with the other guy. And the other guy actually becomes Tripoli and remembers Hanzee saying this and says it himself.
>>
What happened with the last Kitchen brother? They did nothing with his character. They didn't even explore why he didn't speak.
>>
>>63663825
She was just another trophy for him, nothing more.
>>
Im still disappointed that the undertaker was immediately killed. He seemed pretty cool
>>
>>63663825
This. His first wife was a huge bitch but the asian girl did not deserve that shit.
>>
>>63665442
The Kitchen brothers were little more than muscle for Milligan the entire season. One of them maybe had half a word of dialogue. I was kind of hoping they'd become more of characters too, but there wasn't really anything to tie up here.
>>
>>63665414
Nah, first season was much more consistently good. Second season was all build up, a bit of a good pay off with episode 8 and then just straight disappointment.

Hopefully they will take tips from the first season when they work on the third. Rumors are it's gonna be more modern so that might be a good sign.
>>
>>63665430
Maybe, but the guy was already old when he heard Hanzee saying that.
Season 3 is supposed to take place after season 1, so we might see him back if he's still around.
>>
File: Hanzee.png (608 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Hanzee.png
608 KB, 1366x768
>>63663286
Hanzee will return in season 3. In Betsy's dream see see's a future after season 1. She mentions the light that the vision is filled with and that it is disturbed by this agent of chaos.

The end of season 1 featured the credits on a white background reflecting their triumph. This season ended in black as the evil was not stopped, it's coming though
>>
>>63664055
I wouldnt say that. The first season was a bit slow until the episode where Malvo killed those guys in the snowstorm
>>
Season 3 will take place in what time period?

Who are the actors signing on?
>>
>>63665583
I hope not, that would be incredibly fucking disappointing.

This is supposed to be an anthology.
>>
>>63665604
well what the hell else would a third season in the future be about?
>>
>>63665595
You're fucking kidding right? Watch the first season's pilot. "Slow" is not the word you'd use. Then watch the episode where Malvo gets caught by the police. Then the episode where Lester does the framing. Then you can finally get to the sixth episode.

The second season was slow. The first season had maybe a lull in one episode or two, but other than that, it went by in a flash.
>>
>>63663563
This, people should start watching movies/shows made before the 90's
>>
>>63665553
I was just hoping to get a word out of him near the end somewhere. Anything at all would have been satisfying.

>>63664677
>>63664720
Can someone please explain the aliens thing? I didn't mind it at all since there was foreshadowing to it, so it wasn't out of nowhere, but I can't see any good reason for it at all, and any idea of some kind of symbolism seems pretty forced.
>>
>>63665640
Crime in North Dakota. Doesn't have to share characters.
>>
>>63665669
They probably will share characters. The first season was connected to the movie, and the second was connected to the first. There's no way the third will be its own thing. Especially when you consider it doesnt take place very long after season 1 (season 1 takes place 2006, season 3 would take place around now) So the characters from season 1 (and 2) would still be living in the area, since it all relates to the area around Fargo.
>>
>>63665659
>but I can't see any good reason for it at all,
There isn't one. It was retarded bullshit and one of the many reasons why Season 1 was superior.
>>
The more I think about how Hanzee's ending was handled, the less I like this finale. That conclusion really was an asspull for the sake of a connection to the first season when there didn't need to be one.
>>
>>63665583
Would Hanzee want to kill Lou and his family decades later?
>>
>>63665854
Yep. Terrible.
>>
>>63665810
the third season will have connections to the previous 2 seasons as well as the movie
>>
>>63665375
it could be Hanzee starts the syndicate, and the other guy takes over later on
I mean there is a 27 year gap between the two shows
>>
why does everyone hate the aliens?

I t-t-thought they were kinda c-cool.
>>
What happened to Noreen´s dad, the owner of the butcher shop?
>>
season 1 had a better ending but season 2 had a better everything else
>>
I misunderstood the episode and thought they were saying that Hanzee was going to become Malvo. Am I retarded or would that actually have been pretty interesting?
>>
>>63666051
Hanzee becoming any character from season 1 is retarded. It's just making a connection for the sake of making a connection, which does a disservice to this seasons contained storyline.
>>
>>63666018
>>63666018
They said Noreen was emancipated at one point, can't remember which episode, I think it was the one where the shop burns down or the one after. Probably wasn't even her dad. I think she just lived above the place and worked there.
>>
>>63666047
Season 1 had a better start, middle and ending.
Season 2 had a better eight episode. And only barely. That's about it.
>>
This show doesn't just reference Coen brothers movies, it directly rips them off. Season 2 soundtrack is almost exclusively covers of Coen movie soundtrack, and the scene of Lou shooting at hanzee when he dives behind the truck and escapes is lifted directly from ncfom
>>
>>63666078
The 70's setting was more interesting in season 2
>>
>>63666010
See Futurama's "When Aliens Attack"

Leela: Why not? It's clever, it's unexpected.
Fry: But that's not why people watch TV. Clever things make people feel stupid, and unexpected things make them feel scared!
>>
>>63665659
something something conspiracy minded late 70s northwestern ayy lmao sightings

At this point, it seems like something random that was just thrown in. Maybe its 2deep4me.

I don't see how people think this ruins the plot, though. It didn't add anything to the story, but it didn't really take anything away from it either. "It's just a flying saucer", move on.
>>
>>63666086
Even more blatant was when Bear killed his niece in the woods, straight out of miller's crossing
>>
>>63666109
So people hate aliens because they're dumb?
>>
>>63666078
i suggest you rewatch season 1 then, half the time in the first 7 or so episodes is spent on malvo trying to scam some business owner with biblical shit and it's just boring, at least in season 2 all subplots as well as the main one are great
>>
Peggy's not going to have to go to jail for very long right g-guys?

I think I loved her.
>>
File: Yougonnabenice.webm (799 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yougonnabenice.webm
799 KB, 1280x720
>>63666158
Dick is pure diamonds after this
>>
>>63666131
Probably a good mixture of intense bias towards the idea of aliens in general, along with nobody having expected UFOs to have anything to do with a "Fargo" story. People could hate it for either one of these reasons really.
>>
>>63666158
People died, anon.
>>
>>63663286
Even before it was over we could've agreed with that.
>>
Can we talk about the scene where drunk Nick Offerman talks one of the brothers into leaving the police station? Because that was amazing, especially when you consider his pants were soiled.
>>
>>63666213
The Aliens were in and of themselves a reference to the man who wasnt there, another coen brothers movie.
>>
>>63666051
>yfw Lester was Hanzee
>>
>>63666258
Really surprised me after his drunken lawyer shenanigans. It was a good performance to be honest
>>
>>63666360
Agreed. I think Bruce Cambell did a pretty good Reagan too. You could tell he tried to emulate his voice and mannerisms a little bit but he didn't ham it up and it actually worked pretty well.
>>
>>63666360
He was comic relief until that scene, pretty much. They should have given him more screen time, after the "King of Breakfast" bit he didn't show up anymore.
>>
File: moses tripoli article.png (149 KB, 647x540) Image search: [Google]
moses tripoli article.png
149 KB, 647x540
I wish I could see the look on "A Wikia contributor's" face when Tripoli was revealed as one of the most important characters in the show.
>>
>>63665428
It never has context, its pure madness. It relates because everything dun fucked up.
>>
>>63666286
Yeah I've heard, still need to watch that some time. Do you think seeing The Man Who Wasn't There would change anyone's opinion about the aliens being a useless addition to the story though? Or is it just that aliens are used in the same way in that film in the sense of they appear, they leave, and you're really only left wondering why they were there?

I didn't really understand until recently that Noah is trying to support a shared universe between the different Coen films. I'm not entirely against that so long as they don't overdo it, it did seem like they came close to pushing the limits for how many references to other Coen movies they could fit into this season though.
>>
Season 2, on the whole, is much better than season 1. Season 1 is a better adaptation of a movie though, and season 2 gets so weird that its weird to think the movie and season one take place in the same universe as them. Also, the season two finale is basically just resolution, with the climax happening in the earlier episode, whilst the season one finale is actually the climax to the story.

IMO, season 4 is gonna delve more into Tripoli. It's not so much that they look nothing alike that bugs me, its that Hanzee becoming a fat ass that Malvo easily kills along with all his men that bugs me. I can't simply buy that Hanzee became Tripoli without some major shit happening.
>>
>>63664656
Malvo's proven to be a man in the first fucking episode. The series starts with him hitting a deer. Nothing would happen if he didn't hit a deer. Demons don't hit deer. In addition, later on in the episode, Malvo gets agitated when Lester suggests a court of law. Like yeah, the symbolism is there, but it isn't disproven at the end, it's disproven at the beginning.
>>
>>63666631
>Or is it just that aliens are used in the same way in that film in the sense of they appear, they leave, and you're really only left wondering why they were there?
They are used that way too. Also Billy Bob thornton's in it
>>
>>63663286
Indeed.
Also, they should be separate stories, not connected in any way.
>>
>>63663286
I thought Mike's end was great. Peggy/Ed was too predictable. I'm guessing Hanzee becomes mob boss in season 1 through plastic surgery?
>>
>>63663626
Not possible he's already that age in 79. He would be like what 80+ during season 1. Hanzee with plastic surgery seems like what they went with.
>>
EXPLAIN TO ME LOU'S STORY ABOUT THE VIETNAMESE BABY!
>>
>>63666655
Your repeating digits have been checked and your opinion rings valid.
>>
>>63663862
Yeah should have found a way to kill Mike off. So do we assume Malvo kills him or he just died before the events took place?
>>
>>63663940
Lester and Malvo's back and forth in the last episodes were godly too.
>>
>>63666768
Faced against most-likely impossible odds a man will still do what it takes to protect his family. Lou acted like he didn't understand the shit Ed was doing to save his and Peggy's ass in the beginning, but in the end he knows most decent men would have done the same thing in Ed's situation.
>>
>>63666740
Peggy and Ed were doomed from the start, but their final scenes were still great.
>>
>>63663825
That is why I loved him though. He went from a beta to full self centered alpha man. Also, I disagree with people shitting on season 1. It was about Pupil vs master with cops in-between them.
>>
Why wasn't nick Offerman in the last few episodes? I was dissapoint
>>
>>63666655
>IMO, season 4 is gonna delve more into Tripoli.
Nah, I think that's going to be left to the imagination. They've already explained the plastic surgery, and the one conversation we actually see Tripoli have is basically how you'd imagine an older crimeboss Hanzee would behave. It would be kind of cool if we got a flashback with the Tripoli actor with some hints about his past or something though.
>>
>>63666218
Yes, but she's killed one. Not murder, manslaughter.
>>
>>63666778
Mike is working in an office now. Literally anything could happen to him in the intervening decades. Not everyone and everything involved in the Gerhardt war and Sioux Falls needs to die or cross paths with Lester and Malvo.
>>
>>63666809
I thought the story was about an American rescuing Viets while heavy winds were blowing and a woman dropping a baby "like a ball" or some shit.
>>
>>63666895
It was funny how he thought he would be king of the world and ended up a wagekek.
>>
so what was the alien pay off/explanation?
>>
>>63666932
see
>>63666286
>>
>>63666932
Aliens exist. They visit Earth and observe people sometimes. The universe is a weird place and sometimes weird shit happens, but that's life and you've just got to get on with it.
>>
>>63666871
From an earlier interview:
>I like the idea that somewhere out there is a big, leather-bound book that’s the history of true crime in the Midwest, and the movie was Chapter 4, Season 1 was Chapter 9, and this is Chapter 2

According to the last episode, Season 2 is "officially" Chapter 14. If there's 7 'chapters' between Season 2 and Season 1, it's inevitable that Tripoli will come up again if the show keeps getting made.
>>
so i didnt watch this season except the first episode because i want to binge later
they actually put alien in it? it wasnt just a practical joke in the first episode, what the fuck man?
>>
>>63667024
>it's inevitable that Tripoli will come up again if the show keeps getting made.

not really, plans and ideas change
>>
>>63664855
>not realizing by the last few episodes that Milligan's "intellectual" character traits amounted to little more than quoting history and were just an act to make him seem more sophisticated
>not finding it absolutely hilarious that Milligan, expecting to be celebrated for all his life-risking work in securing victory for KC, is rewarded with a 9 to 5 job in a shitty cubicle and told to change everything about himself.
>>
>>63667056
>season 2 ends with Tripoli shit
>major crime boss in Season 1

It's incredibly likely that there will be at least one minor appearance.
>>
>>63667075
Easily the most satisfying ending to any of the characters.
>>
>>63667091
well that all depends on whether they decide to make it one long overarching story or an anthology
>>
>>63667024
Maybe. I guess it just feels weird to spend more time developing a character who's just going to be unceremoniously killed offscreen halfway through season 1. At least the Hanzee storyline had a twist to build towards - what would the evolution from Hanzee to Tripoli build to, though? And which of the two actors would be used? Would they cast a different actor as the young Tripoli, immediately after the plastic surgery? Put the Hanzee actor in whiteface and a fat suit? It just seems like a bit of a clusterfuck, though the more I think about it, the more I want to see it.
>>
Season 1 was funnier and more fun.
Season 2 was more stylish. Though, I thought they dipped too heavy into the No Country for Old Men "homages" and the number of connections to season 1 that got dropped felt a little forced.

Overall I like season 1 more.
>>
>>63667121
It's already an anthology, but there have been and probably will be threads between the stories here and there.
>>
Season one had key and peele, season 2 had the two main guys from Burn notice, what random show's cast will be in season 3?
>>
>>63667099
I want Mike to show up as an 80-year-old bureaucrat in season 3.
>>
>>63667171
He's probably killed himself by now.
>>
>>63664145

>not knowing that Donovan did a song of that poem in 1971
>not knowing that him quoting that was meant to show he was shallow as fuck and just quoting a song by a popular artist
>>
>>63667171
Maybe we'll see a resurgence of syndicate crime from a violent new group that Milligan forms out of long-formed restlessness.
>>
>>63667044

I love you!
>>
Did Solverson and Hanzhee ever meet face to face?
That NCFOM shit on the street with him dropping behind the car and disappearing made me wonder, and I can't remember.
>>
Season one is the cosiest thing ever.

Season two had too much barren ice caked countryside and small town concrete to feel comfy.
>>
>>63667168

Those two britfags from Peep show
>>
>>63667329

There was also more abusive shit happening and that was a big downer.
Not to mention cancer wife, and the constant looming threat of Sioux Falls, though that was more straightforward than I assumed it would be when this season started.
>>
File: Fargo 2x10 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Fargo 2x10 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Erstwhile on Fargo
>>
>>63663862
The point is, he expected to live like a king after everything is done but ends up being another corporate drone.
>>
What was the point of the UFO?
It seemed like it could've just been some strange, distracting atmospheric phenomenon instead and that would require less of a suspension of disbelief.

Are they trying to set up an expectation of supernatural shit for future seasons, or something? Will there be a werewolf behind the scenes next time?
>>
>>63663887
yes.
>>
The show does a lot of things right, but BBT is such a terrible antagonist. They try so very hard to create a measured, quiet insane person, like in no country for old men. BBT can't do it, he doesn't have the presence. The fact he is supposed to be so crazy and dangerous never really appears I can't take his character seriously. It has soured the entire show for me.
>>
Season 2 finale was more like an epilogue, but I liked the UFO and I'm glad Hanzee lived. I don't believe Hanzee became the Italian guy, he is far too skilled to become a chump.
>>
>>63667529
>The fact he is supposed to be so crazy
Not crazy. He never appeared to be crazy or was meant to. He was a hit man, that was his job. In his free time, he also appeared to enjoy killing people.
>and dangerous
He was a murderer, and clearly skilled with firearms. Hence the danger.

He was not supposed to be like Anton Chigurth in any way beyond them having similar occupations.
They are totally different characters, drawing such a comparison is your own fault.
>>
>>63667552
>I need a face man

Could be that he ended up using that fat guy as his puppet, they even look alike.
>>
>they can't savor the deliciousness of Mike ending up in a cubicle after his king speech
>>
>>63667552
That's the thing.
Bald glasses man telling Mike that "this is the future" and "the money business is the only business" and removing a skilled hitter from street level and sticking him behind a desk was there in part to show how Mike did all that shit for nothing, but also to serve as the lead in to the situation in season 1 where a button man could waltz in and wipe every head guy out because they're all bureaucrat desk-jockies who lost their balls, even Hanzee.
>>
File: aces.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aces.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63667529
Fuck you, BBT was great through the whole season.
>>
File: DUDE CONNECTION LMAO.jpg (55 KB, 728x350) Image search: [Google]
DUDE CONNECTION LMAO.jpg
55 KB, 728x350
>"How do you want your continuity, senpai?"
>"JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP"
>>
>>63667603
I'm not saying they tried to mirror Anton, I'm just saying the way they constructed his character was very much the same. He was supposed to be a efficent killing machine, quiet, dangerous

>not supposed to be crazy
>enjoys killing
>reviles in it

enough said on that.

He just does not have the on screen presence to pull it off. I don't find his character compelling in the least because I don't believe it. It feels forced, I feel forced into thinking this is an imposing antagonist.
>>
>>63667673
It's the fat guy that became tripoli, not hanzee you idiot.
>>
File: a new kind of prison.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a new kind of prison.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>63664145

I enjoyed his character and hey, he got what he wanted. Right?
>>
>>63667655
>but also to serve as the lead in to the situation in season 1 where a button man could waltz in and wipe every head guy out because they're all bureaucrat desk-jockies who lost their balls, even Hanzee.
That's actually a great point I hadn't realized
>>
>>63667676
>imposing

He was like 5'9 and skinny, and also like 57. He was not imposing. In fact, he was plain and nondescript, and even non-threatening in outward appearance.
Like a real hitman.

He became imposing when he threatened people. Because people don't generally do that.
A mail clerk guy who hands out packages all day suddenly getting verbally threatened by a stranger is most definitely going to feel imposed upon, no matter who's doing it.

You would to. That's the point.
Lester also became a threatening person when he took Malvo's advice and stopped following the rules.
That's what makes a person threatening or imposing, the fact that they might murder you, or frame you for murder, or steal from you, etc.

It has nothing to do with how they appear.

If a child walked up to you and issued vague threats you'd feel uneasy.
>>
>>63667676
I can't understand you feel it's forced. It seems like Thorton loved the role and was perfect for it.

The most dangerous aspect about Malvo is that he's hiding in plain sight. He's purposefully unimposing, until he wants to be imposing.
>>
>>63667712
>fat guy handed Hanzee his new identity that clearly stated his new name was Moses Tripoli
>Hanzee even paraphrases the same quote Tripoli says at the start of season 1, episode 6

Hanzee is Tripoli, not the fat guy, and its the biggest asspull ever.
>>
>>63664501
I thought the joke was the he was creating emojis
>>
>>63667676
>>not supposed to be crazy
>>enjoys killing
>>reviles in it
>enough said on that.
That's called being a psychopath, not being crazy or insane. One is not required for the other.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s06BZnblYAG3

good review of fargo
>>
>>63667835
I just don't understand why Hanzee was talking about going after Kansas City, they had literally no quarrel with him beyond him working for the now deceased Gerhardt's that he actually ended up helping Kansas City kill.
>>
>>63664501
H'WURDS CAN KEEEL

>>63667844
What this guy said though, most likely.
>>
>>63667844
>>63667965
filthy millennials
>>
>>63667955
None of that scene makes any coherent sense. It's just trying to make connections where it didn't need to.
>>
>>63667792
His height is irrelevant, chartacter is imposing. Javier Bardem is nto tall. Tom cruise is short and he plays a very good antagonist in collateral. What's imposing is how they handle themselves, how they interact with people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLCL6OYbSTw

Nothing in fargo comes close to that, at least not from BBT. That's imposing.

>>63667871
Psycopath =! murderer, and vice versa.

Crazy is broad description of anyone well outside the social norm, which BBT's character fits.
>>
File: Joey_King_01.jpg (1 MB, 2850x3950) Image search: [Google]
Joey_King_01.jpg
1 MB, 2850x3950
So season 3 will take place after 1.
Will Joey King return?
>>
>>63667955
its a true story bro people do weird stuff life doesn't make sense

xd
>>
>>63668030
Delusional manlet spotted
>>
>>63664444
I don't know, Season 1's ending was kind of unsatisfying. Molly and Malvo never even met, even though they're the two big driving forces behind good and evil that season.
>>
File: does that make me.png (22 KB, 555x490) Image search: [Google]
does that make me.png
22 KB, 555x490
>>63668030
>Crazy is broad description of anyone well outside the social norm
Oh, well I'll be damned. I guess at least half of 4chan is crazy by your books
>>
>>63667306
Having just watched the the entire show for the first time a few weeks ago, it seems people are forgetting the conversation Lou had with his step granddaughter while sitting out the front of his house with a shotgun.

Combined with Betsy's dream which shows future events with Hanzhee looming over it, My guess is the Lou ended up killing him and something like >>63663626 is true.
>>
im still confused why the kitchen brothers didn't speak?
and, to answear your question, op, season 2 was slightly better.however, both seasons were great.
>>
>>63668030

Nothing in season 1 of Fargo tries to be that.
Malvo is not meant to be an inhuman force of nature like Chigurth, he's meant to be am normal looking guy who happens to be a freelance hitman.

Again, you're the one making these comparisons, the show was not. That's your bad.

Hanzee in season 2 is very clearly meant to be a Chigurth-like character, Malvo was not. Malvo didn't brute force his way through situations or threaten/murder anyone he came across. That wasn't his character.

Chigurth was an infallible phantom of death. You might as well compare Malvo to Jason Vorhees.
>>
>>63667990
Unless you were 20+ in 2000 you are a millennial as well, dipshit.I'm 33 and I'm considered a millennial.
>>
>>63668112
> it seems people are forgetting the conversation Lou had with his step granddaughter while sitting out the front of his house with a shotgun.

What was that, exactly?
>>
>>63668162
>implying I am not well into my 50's with erectile dysfunction
>>
File: holy shit its the undertaker.png (513 KB, 758x576) Image search: [Google]
holy shit its the undertaker.png
513 KB, 758x576
>>63668135
>im still confused why the kitchen brothers didn't speak?

intimidation factor. Or they have squeaky voices
>>
>>63668109
I don't understand, are you agreeing with me?

>Crazy is broad description of anyone well outside the social norm
>1. Mentally derganged

it's like, right there in front of you. You even searched it yourself. I can understand you not liking my take on a character, but don't just try to grab at straws to denounce my opinion, it's not going to validate either of our opinions in any way - well, maybe mine since you are clearly an idiot with a tenacious grasp on english as it is.
>>
>>63668030

No, a crazy person cannot properly interact with people or exist properly in society.
Malvo being a killer did not make him crazy. He was amoral and sociopathic, but not crazy.
Malvo was too intelligent and methodical to be crazy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.