[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow. Even worse reception than the fantastic four reboot. Whoever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Wow. Even worse reception than the fantastic four reboot.
Whoever put together this trailer I'm sure is long fired.
>>
>>63660290

What did you expect? 50% of the trailer is the song used, it is supposed to give the "feeling" of the movie. And what song did they use? Some shitty action "lel i'm badass xD" meme song. This takes away all the seriousness/deep thought of the Stark Trek universe
>>
Whats the problem? It looks just as boring and garbage tier as the new Star Wars movie
>>
SAAAAAAABATOGE
>>
2009 Star Trek was so much fun while maintaining a serious tone to it, what went wrong with the sequels?
>>
star trek: beyond suicide watch
>>
>>63660336
The beastie boys are based kiddo

But that trailer did suck
>>
>>63660336
this nigga is correct.
>>
My biggest issue is that you can hear Scotty's footsteps at the beginning. Has to be the worst sound design I've ever witnessed.
>>
I wish there was more of a consensus about the public not wanting stupid-action Star Trek.

I can imagine what went on in the brainstorming session.

>"We need to make the Trek saga stand out from Star Wars. Mainstream audiences don't want something slow and philosophical, so we have to go the other way.

Let's do the cool, 'bro-version' of Star Wars for those 20-year-old guys that are too cool for Star Wars."
>>
>>63660377
I don't say sabotoge, i say sabatage. you say sabotoge.
>>
>>63660400
guardians of the galaxy

Thank you based marvel
>>
>>63660512
You sicken me
>>
It's funny how, despite the fact these are all young-ish actors, this trailer still has the incredibly distinct feel of a bunch of geriatrics trying hard to be "cool" but looking like they'll break a metaphorical hip at any moment.
>>
File: tea3.jpg (26 KB, 599x466) Image search: [Google]
tea3.jpg
26 KB, 599x466
>>63660290
>mfw Star Trek is dead but at least I'll always have hundreds of classic episodes to rewatch

Star Trek is like the Twilight Zone in that the culture just isn't interested in those kind of storylines, the pace, the circumspect philosophizing mixed with entertainment. It doesn't have a place in modern media so the brand is simply being repurposed. Eventually it will fade away because it's the same as everything else--as many people have pointed out: it's no different than Guardians of the Galaxy now--they both even have Zoe Saldana.
>>
>>63660559
Zach Quinto looks bloated, like he's going to be the one to pull a 'Shatner' instead of Pine. Next he'll start losing his hair.
>>
That was embarrassing.
>>
>>63660865
you know at this point I wouldn't mind a re-cast youngified NG movie.

but only if Picard were played by Tom "Bane" Shinzon
>>
File: melly.jpg (333 KB, 691x571) Image search: [Google]
melly.jpg
333 KB, 691x571
>tfw beastie boys are considered dadrock now
>>
III
CANĀ“T DIRECT IT
>>
>>63660952
Must be the HIV getting to him
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x231
>>63661291
>tfw MCA's been dead for 3 years
>tfw will never get a new album
>>
>>63661291
Man its not that I don't like Beastie boys its just I can't fucking stand it in the trailer it doesn't fit

I don't care if it was on the original
>>
>>63661291
>tfw fought for the right to party
>tfw this generation squanders that right
YOU KIDS GET OUT OF THE BASEMENT AND GO GET LAID ALREADY
>>
>>63660400
>what went wrong with the sequels

Bad Robot, Jew Jew Abrams and Orcman.

>>63660401
Not a chance. Most of the people who hated the reboot have left. It's only the diehard loyalists defending the corpse of a dead franchise against anyone who criticizes Paramount for the reboot.
>>
You know, that Like to Dislike ratio is actually kind of impressive.
It's kinda like taking a good shit that coils around the whole bowl. You look at it and you're like, "Damn! That's impressive... but it's still shit."
>>
File: thatpost.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
thatpost.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>goddamnit nobody is going to give a shit about Star Trek Beyond with all the hype around Star Wars!

>hey guys, I've got a trailer idea that'll get EVERYONE talking about our movie...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.