[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it the Fucking breakout star of a show called Girls with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: img-adam-driver_161049679999.jpg (992 KB, 937x1200) Image search: [Google]
img-adam-driver_161049679999.jpg
992 KB, 937x1200
How is it the Fucking breakout star of a show called Girls with four female leads a Fucking male?

What the FUCK is going on here? How is this Fucking allowed!? And fools try to say that Hollywood and TV and film don't be having sexism problems.

I mean he has basically this supporting role but now he is the breakout star from the new Star Wars movies are you Fucking KIDDING Me hepcats!?
>>
>>63659430
They wanted a sensitive-ish relatable male that has beta tendences but isn't all out autistic
His role on girls is exactly that

For their main female role they wanted a strong and seemingly intelligent girl, they chose a random brit

I see nothing sexist
>>
Because everyone else on the show is awful...its not hard to understand
>>
>>63659430
It's because he's a Jew and in Hollywood that's all it takes to make you a star these days (eisenberg unrelated)
>>
File: adam driver.jpg (51 KB, 634x799) Image search: [Google]
adam driver.jpg
51 KB, 634x799
Because he's a good actor (unlike lena dunham) and he is based af. He enlisted in the marines after 9/11 and was honorably discharged after he injured his back
>>
>>63659618

No he's not Motherfucker. No he's Fucking not!
>>
>>63659430
hes the best actor on the show and it was obvious after the first time hes introduced
>>
>>63659714
He looks like a bit of a goof but I think he will do a fine job as Kylo
>>
>>63659714
Big deal. I did the same shit. Only I didn't injure my back and then limp out after less than 3 years. He never even deployed.

I never deployed either. Being a marine doesn't mean shit unless you actually do one of the few jobs where when you deploy you get to see some shit. Everyone else is just a glorified janitor, mall cop, or wrench monkey.
>>
>>63659714
Whoa, +2 respect for this guy.
>>
>>63659752

What sort of training does he have? Does he even have any sort of acting training Motherfucker?
>>
>>63659430
Well, he's the only person on the show who didn't get the role by virtue of having a vagina.
>>
>>63659714
This guy redefines the term "Hollywood marine"
>>
>>63659430
>How is it the Fucking breakout star of a show called Girls with four female leads a Fucking male?

It's real simple family

The creator of Girls is a talentless ugly hack.

The other three leads are her friends who only got their roles through nepotism, in other words friends of a talentless ugly hack. Unsurprisingly, they are similarly talentless hacks.

Adam Driver is the only person involved in the show who had to put any actual effort into it--winning the role, sucking up to the entitled whores who run it, pretending to find them attractive. He's the only one actually acting. The other four can only succeed when they're the ones directing themselves and giving themselves pats on the backs.
>>
>>63659714
>muh reeeen
>>
He's a really good actor. I have a feeling that he could do just about any role you would want from him, but he'll mostly be cast as the goofy fuckup
>>
>>63660005
>shit in tracks
>shit in frances ha
>passable in while we're young
>nothing really impressive or bad in inside llewyn davis
Where is he a "really good actor" in?
>>
>>63660040

You Motherfucker. FUCK YOU!!
>>
>>63659430
I like his dorky demeanor. If I were to remake the prequels I would have a young Obi-Wan look more geeky and not male model tier like Ewan. I'd even make Anakin look a bit nerdy as well instead of boy band tier. I think being a Jedi or joining the Dark Side appeals to nerds or outcasts. Makes sense don't it?
>>
>>63659816
he doesnt need to train, hes got natural ability, screen presence and alpha personality
>>
File: 1449690713168.jpg (89 KB, 1107x674) Image search: [Google]
1449690713168.jpg
89 KB, 1107x674
>>63660080
Kill yourself you pleb
>>
>>63660163
Lol your so autistic and insecure
>>
>>63660233
Is that how you're going to defend him as a "really good actor" then?
>>
>>63660265

He's a three time Emmy nominee!
>>
>>63659546

His character on Girls seems like a pretty arrogant alpha type, maybe even aggressive to the point of being abusive. I wouldn't call him beta, besides him some how wanting to fuck a fatty. We're talking about a guy who man handles a girl before he busts on her tits as she cries and shit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.