[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like Star Wars so much? What has made it such a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Why do people like Star Wars so much? What has made it such a big deal across literally every medium of entertainment?
>>
cuz lightseberz lol
>>
File: 1448612876926.jpg (53 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
1448612876926.jpg
53 KB, 454x340
>>63658469
>>
Simple story in an immersive universe that is almost always in one kind of good vs. evil struggle or another. The Galactic Civil War of the original trilogy is presented with almost no moral grey area. Rebels are good, Empire is bad.

It's like asking why sliced bread is popular. Shit is nourishing, simple, and convenient. Same logic applies here.
>>
I wasnt alive when it initially came out but I can see how it would be pretty cool to watch back in the day purely for the visuals

Nowadays even watching the old ones is kind of boring. The characters and plot aren't that interesting and the universe isn't that great either

I think its mainly a function of older generations giving their love of the old movies to their kids even though if Star Wars came out today (Which I assume this newest one is just going to be Episode 4 in HD and different genders/races) peopl would realize how generic everything is
>>
>>63658469
The juxtaposition of a simple story and expansive universe.
>>
why do you feel the need to ask a pleb tier question that has been thoroughly discussed in all aspects and contexts for four entire decades now
>>
>>63658555
>>63658944
Incidentally these are also the reasons MLP:FiM became popular. Where else does the formula apply?
>>
>>63658996
Portal (the videogame)
>>
>>63658963
I want to hear your opinions on the matter, mon familé.
Just because something has already been discussed by other people, doesn't mean it's not worth discussing yourself.
>>
>>63658996
Lotr
World of Warcraft
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.