[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think we can rest assured we have found next years biggest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
I think we can rest assured we have found next years biggest flop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw
>>
File: 250px-Forbes.png (182 KB, 250x297) Image search: [Google]
250px-Forbes.png
182 KB, 250x297
200 million down the drain
this will be the end of the trek reboots
hopefully back to tv
>>
They spended the entirety of Into Darkness talking about some war coming, then this trailer drops it and it's about them fucking around in some planet.

Where's my war man?
>>
>>63650569
Looks great.

I'll be there opening night. I might be a little late cause me and some of my Wall Street pals are going to give the Disgruntled TNG fans on the ticket line some wedgies outside the theater.
>>
seriously why does everything have to be all action and SFX

why can't a sci-fi movie make us think
>>
>>63650569

did they spend 200 million on spray-painting rocks in a quarry?
>>
>>63654273
if you want to spend a lot of money
you have to make a lot of money
and to make a lot of money you have to appeal to the widest possible audience
>>
>>63651619
maybe war has changed.
>>
File: HA HA.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
HA HA.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
>>63654532
>w-w-well, uh, w-what if w-we, um, d-don't spend a-a-as much?

That aint how it works anymore.
Theres the 100-200 million dollar blockbusters
And the 7 million dollar indie film you spend five years hustling various tax breaks and government art grants to get made
>>
>>63654647
war never changes
>>
>>63654273
damn...
>>
>>63654273
TV shows and novels make us think.

1 hr 45min $200 million summer blockbusters about space ships and lasers are here to entertain us.

Star Trek movies have always been action blockbusters (except TMP) and with the exception of TWOK and TUC, have rarely (if ever) executed well an adult theme while being still being an action blockbuster.
>>
....and this looks entertaining. Just like the first two.
>>
>>63650569
>le quippy action movie
Yep, they've really re-captured the spirit of Star Trek
>>
That's for fucking sure.

Even IF I just wanted to watch a generic kung fu space aliens fightypunch movie I sure wouldn't want to watch one starring these doughy losers.
>>
>>63656396
You're right. They should take away the action and the fun dialogue. Those things always get in the way of a bland steril allegory about the perils of 'le racism' shot on a fake looking TV set.
>>
>>63650867
Netflix is doing Lost In Space as a series. I have high hopes.
>>
>>63656593
> He doesn't know
>>
>>63650569
So...they wreck the Enterprise again.

Why would Starfleet EVER let these guys have another ship? Every movie they wreck the most expensive and advance ship in the fleet, EVERY TIME!
>>
>>63656691
I guess thats what you get when you let an Asian drive, now that I think about it.
>>
>>63654273
Indie sci-fi film is actually better than ever. There were at least 5 thinkers released in 2015 alone.
>>
File: jem hadar star trek ds9.png (783 KB, 1000x768) Image search: [Google]
jem hadar star trek ds9.png
783 KB, 1000x768
>>63650569

kek those are te fucking jemhadar from DS9
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.