[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was more patrician, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: siskel-and-ebert2.jpg (120 KB, 1000x819) Image search: [Google]
siskel-and-ebert2.jpg
120 KB, 1000x819
Who was more patrician, /tv/?
>>
ebert. he was also far more wity
>>
i guess it didn't matter

y know, since they're both fucking dead. should teach you all a lesson
>>
Not Ebert at least.
I was overjoyed when I heard on /tv/ that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers. When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.
>>
Siskel loved Saturday Night Fever so much he bought John Travolta's costume at an auction
>>
Siskel was smarter, more subjective and didnt wrote an awful movie
>>
A genuine patrician

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Siskel#Legacy
>>
>>63649017
love this pasta
>>
>>63649077
>Siskel compiled "best of the year" movie lists from 1969 to 1998, which have helped to provide an overview of his critical preferences. His top choices were:
>1998: Babe: Pig in the City

This nigga knows what's up.
>>
>>63649051
siskel was a stuttering fool who only succeeded because was part of the tribe
>>
File: 1447348025113.jpg (175 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1447348025113.jpg
175 KB, 960x720
>>63648776

>I know this sounds odd, but Schwarzenegger is perfect for the role. Observe his acting carefully in "Junior," and you'll see skills that many "serious" actors could only envy. He never reaches for an effect. He never grabs for a joke. He never wrings an emotion out of reluctant material. He plays the role absolutely straight, trusting the material to make the points and get the laughs. This is probably the only way this story could have worked, but not every actor would have known that. - Roger Ebert "junior, 3/4 stars."
>>
File: 1446744416034.png (66 KB, 510x332) Image search: [Google]
1446744416034.png
66 KB, 510x332
>>63649077
patrician as fuck
>>
>>63649219
Ebert was a fucking joke
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.