[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of popularity and acclaim, what currently airing show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: breaking_bad_css3_svg_raw.png (62 KB, 557x431) Image search: [Google]
breaking_bad_css3_svg_raw.png
62 KB, 557x431
In terms of popularity and acclaim, what currently airing show could it have been compared to before it blew up into a phenomenon in the fifth season?
>>
>>63637341
I have about as much respect for Breaking Bad as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is Reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the capeshit redditory Reddit show that is breaking bad. I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.
>>
>>63637361
I don't think it's as bad as you make out.

Sure, The Sopranos and The Wire are superior but Breaking Bad was still a fun, thrilling show.
>>
File: 1449811050110.gif (3 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1449811050110.gif
3 MB, 300x168
>>63637361
>only depth to criticism reaches as far as calling something reddit
Look at him and laugh
>>
Did it deserve all the acclaim it got? I don't think so. But I do believe it's a great show and had a lot of awesome moments/episodes/characters. Even the weaker characters (mainly the women) at least serve a purpose by providing motivation to the stronger characters (as well as introducing B-plots that become intrinsically connected to the A-plot, such as Skyler spending all the money in her plot directly affecting their family not being able to escape Gus).

I can't think of a direct comparison nowadays but I can see why it was compared to Dexter's early seasons as it provided the same mechanic of otherwise-boring B-character subplots eventually tying in and affecting the overarching A-plot. I suppose that could be said of any decently-written TV drama but the effect seemed particularly pronounced on those two shows.
>>
>>63638293
>>63637341
While most people here shit on it because it became the quintessential normie show, I think it's still one of the best.
Of course it's not quite at the same level of The Sopranos and The Wire, but it people seem to forget that while it had a story and plot progression that was kinda dumb in some parts and cartoony characters (which were intentional arguably) but it also had amazing acting and cinematography. Some shots and references to itself or other shows were pretty sweet.
But of course contrarian faggots are gonna call it reddit and not go further than that.
>>
>>63637361
hello reddit
>>
>>63638603
Totally agree. Plus I like the comic-book type characters. It gives it a sort of surrealist vibe in that you know even though it takes place in what is supposedly our world, the events portrayed could never really play out that way. Personally I found that as a strength
>>
>>63638677
yeah, it was never supposed to be taken seriously, that gave them the freedom to do some pretty cool shit
>>
>>63637361
>>63637509
>>63638041
>>63638293
>>63638603
>>63638603
>>63638625
>>63638677
>>63638726

Yeah but:

>In terms of popularity and acclaim, what currently airing show could it have been compared to before it blew up into a phenomenon in the fifth season?

Anyone?
>>
>>63638899
dont know, got into brba pretty late
>>
I am sorry, I have been away for the last few epochs.

What does 'reddit' mean as an adjective???
>>
>>63637361
Yet you only talk in buzzwords yourself.
>>
File: image.png (95 KB, 300x211) Image search: [Google]
image.png
95 KB, 300x211
im gay
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.