[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not a fucking Christmas movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: diehard.jpg (78 KB, 350x547) Image search: [Google]
diehard.jpg
78 KB, 350x547
It's not a fucking Christmas movie
>>
>>63635083
>Christmas day
Checked
>Christmas hat
Checked
>Christmas song
Checked
>ho ho ho
>plot lines about family getting back together
Checked
Just because it doesn't have "Jingle" or "Christmas" in the title doesn't mean it isn't a Christmas film.
>>
Die Hard opened in july?
its a christmas movie for literal christ sakes
>>
wow that tagline is terrible
>>
>>63635083
But it's set during Christmas
>>
>>63635083
It is not only a Christmas movie, it's the absolute best of them.
>>
>>63635188
It sounded cooler back in the 80s, I assure you.
>>
>>63635152
/thread
>>
jurassic world is also a christmas movie
>>
>>63635083
Whatever OP, go watch the Santa Clause, while I watch an actual good movie this holiday season.
>>
>>63635083

>watching die hard 2 right now while it's a winter storm outside

Life is good.
>>
>>63635083
I kinda agree with the OP.
You don't just set a movie around or even on Christmas and suddenly it's a Christmas movie.
>>
>>63635366
it also came out in july
>>
>>63635083
No, it's a Christmas flick
>>
>>63635083
>holding a gun like that
lmao
>>
This is true.

Being set around/during Christmas doesn't a Christmas movie make.

Being ABOUT Christmas -- traditions/history -- is what makes a Christmas movie.

Critters isn't an Easter movie even though it has a scene during an Easter-egg hunt.

People only want Die Hard to be a Christmas movie to look le kewl.
>>
Lethal Weapon is though.
>>
>>63635083
but it's the greatest christmas movie of all time

and one of my personal favourite movies
>>
>>63635460

It's designed to be held like that...
>>
>>63635308
Die hard 2 was definitely a Christmas movie
>>
>>63635470
So Home Alone isn't a Christmas movie?
>>
Did anyone notice he always has that scene where he stands like that and takes a peek? I'm pretty sure he has this in his contract.
>>
File: die-hard-Predator-11-12-kc1[1].jpg (38 KB, 560x318) Image search: [Google]
die-hard-Predator-11-12-kc1[1].jpg
38 KB, 560x318
>>63635083
Why did he look like such a manlet in that movie? Willis is 6 feet tall. He looked like one of Santa's helpers.
>>
>>63635589
germans are tall
>>
>>63635565
home alone is a heist movie gone horribly wrong.
>>
File: 92fs_zoom002[1].jpg (72 KB, 840x536) Image search: [Google]
92fs_zoom002[1].jpg
72 KB, 840x536
>>63635083
One of the best action movies of all time.

Also this and Lethal Weapon cause sales of the Baretta Model 92F skyrocket the same way that "Dirty Harry" increased sales of the .44 magnum.
>>
>>63635083
The thing is op, you goddamned nigger,
it is
>>
Not only is it not the greatest action movie ever (that will be MM: Fury Road), it's also not a christmas movie and it's shit
>>
>>63635565
Correct.
>>
Jingle all the way isn't a Christmas movie, it's about a man who goes shopping and becomes a superhero. Just because it's set in Christmas time doesn't mean it's a Christmas film
>>
>>63635652
>Beretta
>>
>>63637432
Actually, Jingle All the Way is far more of a Christmas movie than Die Hard.

It, albeit exaggerating to some extent, shows the common tradition of Christmas shopping in the U.S. and the trouble parents will go through for a toy for their kid; and it ends with the cliche "Family means more" trope, but that's far and away more Christmas-oriented than Die Hard.
>>
I've actually never seen Die Hard

Christmas time is here, should I watch it?
>>
>>63635206
were you alive in the 80s? was it really as radical and tubular as all the shows and movies make it seem?
>>
>>63637507
You definitely should, and the sequels. And Lethal Weapon.

It's all going to make you long for the late 80's/early 90's like a motherfucker, but those are really fun movies.
>>
>>63637565
I've been on an 80's/action binge lately (watched Escape From New York for the first time last night, solid stuff) so this is good to hear.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NttVyYTXZRU

Not a Christmas movie
>>
>>63637493

I don't think a movie has to examine our society's relationship with chrstmas in order to be considered a christmas movie.
>>
>>63635152
>Christmas feel
Nope, and that's why you edgy faggots are wrong.
>>
>>63637556
Not him, but yeah. It was just like that.
>>
>>63637623

>Essentials

Die Hard
Die Hard With A Vengeance
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2

Ignore the other sequels for both franchises and you'll do just fine.
>>
File: silent-rage[1].jpg (222 KB, 980x1469) Image search: [Google]
silent-rage[1].jpg
222 KB, 980x1469
>>63637556
Not any of hims but I'm from the 80's and corny taglines and one-liners were corny to me even back then. I even thought the title of the movie was retarded as hell and didn't make any sense since Willis doesn't Die...Hard. It was a good movie but that title. Fuck. Reminded me of Sears car batteries.
>>
i can decide that for myself
really narrow minded, OP
>>
>>63635589

Creative choice to make him look more outmatched
>>
>>63635589
That actor's enormous. I can't remember his name but he was also the henchman in The Living Daylights.
>>
>>63635083
It's a love story set on/near Christmas... how-fucking-many of those are there?
>>
Die Hard 2 is essential Christmas comfycore
>>
>>63635083
In Brazil it is.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.