[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he really just lose his shit because some racist dumb fags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
Did he really just lose his shit because some racist dumb fags made fun of him?
>>
>>63632575

yes
>>
why are colored people so mentally unstable?

how do we fix them, /tv/?
>>
>>63632575
Yeah, fucking white people and their colonial racism, shame.
>>
I'm sure that wasn't the first time he faced discrimination, hell he said they forced him to do the trench work in the war because he was native american
>>
>>63632651

give them our women
>>
>>63632651
Trump will stump them.
>>
I don't think it's that, he probably hated the gerhardts for some particular reason.
>>
>>63632575
He is an alien.
>>
File: 1384483936987.jpg (111 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
1384483936987.jpg
111 KB, 460x464
>>63632575
>Adopt stray indian into family
>Give him a roof, food, protection
>Some members of the family treat him bad but overall he gets respect and people care about him

>Gets mad at some random racist folks
>Decide to backstab his foster family

Shitskins, not even once.
>>
>>63632575
I can't get out of my head that knife cutting Dodd's hand and feet. Fucking Fargo! It's like /b/ on television.
>>
>Hanzee is a half-breed/ mongrel

Do you think Papa Gerhardt was his dad?

It'd actually explain a lot about this series. Why the Gerhardts adopted Hanzee in the first place, and why he resents the Gerhardts - even Bear's speech to him would seem patronising and condescending if you were the son of the chief. "You have a place at the table" - why should it even be an offer when he's clearly earned it? He's been used as a tunnel rat in the trenches, as a disposable killer by the Gerhardts - maybe that's why he resents them so much. Because ultimately, they took him from the community of the natives and used him as a magic shaman killer. Maybe his father abused/ raped his mother? Considering that all the Gerhardts have an obssession with legacy and heritage, it's not beyond the pale for Otto (I think that was the dad's name) to reclaim his son from their native community because he has Gerhardt blood in him.

One thing I've noticed about the series that nobody seems to have picked up on on 4chan is the fact that the plight/ extinction of the Native Americans is a motif from the very opening scene in episode one, with the Battle of Sioux Falls being filmed with the Indian actor. The butcher shop has a crudely sculpted caricature of a Native chief in it, we have Sioux Falls themselves as being the backdrop of the massacre. I feel like this is the key to understanding series 2 and to understanding the inclusion of the aliens, which themselves are analagous to foreign invaders.

You could say, for example, that the Kansas city take-over of the "native" Gerhardts is merely one iteration of a cycle of violence in which conquest and colonisation are the norm. Each individual Gerhardt, in trying to rationalise and respond to this invasion - Floyd with diplomacy and negotiation, Dodd with violence and guerilla warfare - mirrors the confusion of the native americans.

Thoughts, anyone?
>>
>>63632852
He was their dog
>>
>>63632884
That never happened. Dodd's body was in custody of the police after Hanzee shot him in the head. Stop baiting.
>>
File: Hanzee cures cancer.jpg (91 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hanzee cures cancer.jpg
91 KB, 1024x768
>>63632575
He just wanted a waifu
>>
>>63632957
Some treated him like a dog, others were actually respectful.

>Hurr my stepmom/brother is a dick to me, i'll murder my entire family
>Shitskin logic
>>
>>63632884
>>reddit
>>
>>63632678
He just wanted a water desu senpai.
>>
>>63633006
Who treated him respectfully? In what scene was he ever shown any kindness or kinship?
>>
He was a Vietnam vet, it probably fucked him up. He probably drew many parallels between how the British treated the Native Americans and how the Vietnamese were treated by the Americans.

>>63632953
This also
>>
>>63633027
Bear was respectful towards him, don't remember the episode. He wanted some info, apologised for the manners of some in the family, and told him how much they respected him and were glad to have him by their side.
>>
>>63632953
I thought it was tl;dr at first, but you got a point here
>>
>>63632983

He's talking about when Peggy stabbed him in the foot and broke the blade and he tried to pull it out
>>
>>63633081
I know exactly the scene you're talking about, and you're wrong. He was manipulating him and trying to turn him against Dodd. If the only time you ever feign kindness towards a "family member" is when you're trying to convince him to kill another, then it should come as no surprise that he hates you.
>>
>>63633172
I don't think he was trying to turn him against Dodd, just find out the truth.
>>
>>63633172
Even if he was "treated like a dog" (which we only see Dodd doing that), that's no excuse to go on a murder rampage on your own family.

Plus, Bear didn't wanted to turn him on Dodd, he just thought that Dodd was lying and wanted to hear the truth.
>>
guys come on, I hate shitskins as much as the next guy, but I have a soft spot for Indians in my heart, so I really would appreciate if you took that into consideration, and curved the slander a bit.

-Thanks, anon
>>
>>63632575
>all his life

At some point any person can break.
>>
>>63633236
>no excuse to go on a murder rampage on your own family.
You say this as you defend Bear, a guy that left his brother for dead after he murdered that same brother's daughter.
>>
AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Will Peggy get abducted in the next and final episode?
>>
>>63633980
Piggy is an ayylieum.
>>
>>63634010
>tfw no alienfu
>>
>>63632575

Did you miss the part where the narrator literally says no one knows why he betrayed them.
>>
>>63634063
>people are actually okey with this explanations
>>
>>63632575
I see it more as he was sick and tired of being treated like shit by people like Dodd.
>>
File: 1309285168077.png (4 KB, 290x270) Image search: [Google]
1309285168077.png
4 KB, 290x270
>mfw he kills Peggy
>>
>>63633236
>Even if he was "treated like a dog" (which we only see Dodd doing that), that's no excuse to go on a murder rampage on your own family.

They aren't family. That's the point.

At no point is there any familial kinship shown.
>>
>Native American male kills a bunch of people for white family

>ITS OKAY

>Native American kills white family for himself

>DID HE LOSE HIS SHIT?!

Never change /tv/
>>
is the amiable torrent on piratebay of episode 10 genuine?
>>
>>63634416

probably not.
>>
>>63634356
making it about race.

>>63632575
i think it has more to do with the father being out of the picture. he sees the family is being run into the ground by people he doesnt respect and who dont respect him. he was loyal to the patriarch for taking him in, with the old man out of the picture he sees know reason to wait around to die following orders from spoiled morons. the mom says a couple of times the boys are not as strong as their father.
>>
>>63632575
That chick hes killed in the hotel brainwashed him about his true inner self or shit, screencap.
>>
>>63632999
FUCK SHE'S SO FUCKING CUTE
>>
>>63634416
no, but his force awakens rip is genuine
>>
>>63632651
we tried fixing it but you retards sided with the russians in the war.
>>
I think it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. A life with a crime family and a tour (or was it more than one?) in Vietnam can fuck a person up.

Somebody could have called him a baby-killer and he would've gone on the same kind of spree.
>>
he got abducted by ayy lmaos for 2 hours, they made him intelligent as fuck so he stood up to the bullshit
>>
>>63632999
He looks exactly like my father ;_;

also checkd
>>
>>63632678

more likely because he was a manlet but of course they always want it to be for some mythical racism
>>
File: white.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
270 KB, 1920x1080
>>63632575
In this thread OP is a white person.
>>
>>63634356
>Germans
>white
>>
>>63638386

Whoa...
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.