[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never sat down and actually watched this whole series. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: dethklok_00398204.jpg (193 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
dethklok_00398204.jpg
193 KB, 1440x900
I never sat down and actually watched this whole series.

Is it worth it?
>>
>>63621795
Depends. If your into black/death/doom or any type of metal you'll get the humor and gags more. And appreciate it. Otherwise you might not.
Personally i think its hilarious
>>
>>63621795
The first two seasons are the best. You should watch them.

If you like what you see, then watch the rest. But it's not quite as good.
>>
>>63621795
I'm not even into metal (SynthDiscoPop4Lyfe) but it's pretty funny
>>
>>63621795
yea, I wish I could see it for the first time again. Hopefully Brendan gets the funding to finish it off
>>
Anyone know if the Doomstar Requiem was worth watching?
>>
I like metal, and I think it's kind of a cringy and painfully unfunny show.
>>
>>63622140
this
>>63622162
not sure what being black has to do with it?
>>
>>63622140
/thread
Funny as shit to me but I listen to tons of metal.
Other people watch it and just call it violent,
>>
Season 1 was ok. Haven't seen the rest of it.
>>
No, it's annoying and unfunny.
>>
Funny if you're a teen who is into metal

Cringy if you're an adult, especially when it starts to take itself seriously [season 3 onwards]

t. Adult who sometimes listens to metal
>>
>>63623031
5 finger death punch doesn't count
>>
>>63623442
You would have to be a retard to find the show funny. Maybe it's understandable if you're in high school or something, or you just got into metal, but otherwise it's absolutely unwatchable.
>>
>>63621795

Well, I can't stand metal but I got some pretty good laughs out of it, shame it hasn't gotten a proper ending.
>>
Wow, five white MEN. What a problematic show.
>>
>>63621795
I like it and I don't like metal. Though, I do know quite a bit about metal music so maybe that helps.
>>
>>63623521
>people with different tastes in humor are mentally handicapped
you must be really popular at the atheism club in your school
>>
Toki and Skwisgaar were the best, prove me wrong
>>
>>63621795
like 90% of Adult Swim garbage, it's awful.

not a single laugh

keep looking
>>
>>63623630
This isn't a "different taste in humor" situation fagtron. Finding Metalocalypse funny is about the equivalent of liking Jeff Foxworthy or Gallagher.
>>
It's funny. It's was a lot better in the 15 minute format. Once is switched to 30 it went downhill so fast.

>I think they calls this a foods library

My sides, OP, my sides.
>>
>>63623003
The culmination of all things Metalocalypse. It's one of the best hours of television ever
>>
>>63623521
>tips fedora
>its not sophisticated or refined like le gentlmenly like i am
Your jimmy rustled because you dont get the jokes.
>>
>>63623668
Early Jeff Foxworthy was funny though.
>>
>>63623668
Talk about false equilivence.
>if i straw man hard enough its true.
I bet you find rick and morty well written
>>
>>63623668
Jeff Foxworthy was great before he become a product.
>>
>>63623632
I's literallys can'ts
>>
>>63623957
>>63623961
>>63623992
>>63623999

>being this assblasted rather than just acknowledging you have shit taste
>>
>>63623668
You are aware that Foxworthy and Gallagher we're both super successful acts right? Some one had to have liked them so yeah it is a "different taste in humor" situation.
>>
Its okay. Some of its pretty cute. The characters make the show. But a good chunk of the humor is pretty weak.
>>
It's funny in it's own way. If you like over-the-top morbid humor, it's gold.
>>
>>63624023
I have shit taste in cartoons, for sure.
>>
>>63624023
I thought it wasn't about differences in taste? are you getting confused?
>>
When it actually tries to have a plot and establish any kind of continuity its garbage. When its just character interactions, banter, and general dicking around its great.
>>
>>63624023
>being this much of a fedora
You just dont get the jokes and are mad about it we get it
>>
>>63624107
Anon btfo
>>
>>63624107
There is a difference in taste, in the sense that one taste is objectively shitty.

>>63624149
I get every single joke. They're just not funny. Heavy metal can be funny, it's just that this show isn't. This Taake song has more humor than every single Metalocalypse episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5spnQkLT6w
>>
I watched all of it and really enjoyed it. Seasons 1-3 were great, all the characters were great, really funny tongue-in-cheek kind of humor, great voice acting, some kickass music if your into it. Season 4 was pretty funnytoo, not as good as 1-3 but still definitely worth watching. The Doomstar requiem is pretty god awful, just a hour long opera with no jokes, and sets up for an epic reveal with no closure because no 5th season, so that's meh. Its very gory and "edgy", as they say, but that adds to the humor a bit, and it doesn't really bother me, dunno how it could anybody, its just a show. There's also feels at certain parts.

So yeah, great comedy show, download first season/netflix whatever, see if you like it.
>>
>>63621795
pretty funny
>>
First 2 seasons are funny
>>
>>63624226
>damage control
Dude you dont need to lie. Its no big deal if you dont
>>
>>63624121
>>63624246
Exactly this, seasons 1 & 2 are quality.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.