[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they so well-dressed, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 21745853.jpg (48 KB, 945x630) Image search: [Google]
21745853.jpg
48 KB, 945x630
Why are they so well-dressed, /tv/?
>>
>>63613296
uniforms increases moral. Its army thing. And usually the evil guys are well dressed and the good guys are in rugs. thats movie thing idk
>>
Nazis
>>
The cloth on Kylo's robes is way too rough, looks tacky as fuck. Should have opted for silkier shit.
>>
Hugo Boss
>>
>>63613462
kek
>>
>>63613296
There's something off about that. In the original movies (and even in the prequels), Darth Vader and other masked characters blended well with the background and other clean-faced characters. But in this the stormtrooper and that emo Vader stand out, not mixing with their environment. They look like two cosplayers who invaded a modern hotel and are being taken out by the lobby boy.
>>
File: luis.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
luis.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>63613296
Where did they get that overnight bag?
>>
There's a reason they call it /Fa/scism
>>
File: 1447671988632.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1447671988632.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
>>63613296
>tfw there will never be a spin-off series of Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma and General Hux doing First Order slice-of-life stuff
JUST
>>
>>63613296
tbн Kylo looks like a cartoon.
>>
They should have made it so the remnants of the empire were anti-force users in general. Kill em all
>>
>>63613422

this

having that much money at your disposal, one would think that the mantle would be somewhat more, I don't want to say prestigious but I hope you know what I mean

it looks like a goddamn rag
>>
File: hF0vn.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
hF0vn.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1040
why were they so well dressed?
>>
>>63614157
Not really. Its just darth vader is so iconic to you you give him a pass
>>
>>63613422
I thought his dress looks nice.
>>
>>63613296
vader needed his helmet to breathe,
but why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>63613415
Ahhh Hugo Boss™ designers that would explain how they lookin so good.
>>
>>63614876
Why does who wear the mask? Kylo?
My guess is that he just want to be like Vader really badly. He idolizes him and imitates him.
>>
>>63614985
sith lord?
more like fag lord
>>
>>63615042
Who?
>>
>>63614985
isn't he blind or something

I assume it's like those sunglasses that blind people wear

(and he uses the force to see)

so it's like daredevil

except with the force and space
>>
>>63615079
ninja guy
>>
>>63615125
no?
>>
adam driver and oscar isaac are going to be the only good parts of the movie

prove me wrong
>>
>>63615212
you forgot mark hamill
>>
File: execbridge1.jpg (58 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
execbridge1.jpg
58 KB, 856x480
>>63614157
The original movies didn't have all the post-production effects that OP's pic has. That artificial haze/blur effect in the background contrasting with the sharp focus on the dudes in the foreground makes them look out of place. Like, compare pic related to OP's pic. Everything is in focus and clear.

I get that JJ does this to draw the audience's eye to the characters that they are supposed to be watching, but it hurts the visual realism a bit.
>>
>>63614801

>Loose fitting, monocoloured, trench coats
>Well dressed

kek. Go see a tailor anon.
>>
>>63613296
Because they're based on the Nazis, who got Hugo Boss to design their uniforms.
>>
>>63614876
>why does he wear the mask?
literally
nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask

waaaah daddy doesnt love meee waaaah
>>
>>63613296
Hmm, they actually look pretty cool there. Kylo especially is great, looks like Grim Reaper, distinct from Vader who looks more like a samurai or something. The Ren knights are full medieval in style which I like.

That's just design though, the script might still be terrible.
>>
>>63614157
>They look like two cosplayers
Kylo Ren is literally a cosplayer.

He's a Vader fanboy who built himself a shitty lightsaber and mask so he can pretend to be a real Sith lord.
>>
>>63613422
Nah, it looks heavy-duty and practical, I like it.
>>
>>63613296
effay af
>>
>>63613296
Why is it so dark? They're liable to trip over something.
>>
>>63615275
>post production effect
Or maybe it's just a shallow DOF.
>>
>>63615682

nah its clearly not natural

actually it resembles that blurry haze that lucas had over every scene in the jedi temple
>>
>>63613296

i will give some credit to JJ for not replacing all the nice ergonic buttons with inane translucent touchscreens, this time

like he did with star trek
>>
>>63613296
Im sorry, I dont want to intrude but didnt Rebels won in 6? Wader is dead, Emperor is dead, everything sat on its place, who the fuck are these black dressed guys?
Remnants of Empire ? But they lost all power, and all in all they really didnt had any real power over galaxy, every normal fuck who would saw that they are making a fucking moon in a vicinity of their planet
had more than enough time to move to any other billion of livable planets?
>>
>>63615894
>a galaxy spanning trillions of souls will just up and become a peaceloving democracy the instant the figurehead dies

yeah no, there are loads and loads of major players left at various levels of government and the military.
>>
>>63613296
Kylo is a fat fuck, as far as I can see it, only gux under that mask is Luke, as you can clearly see on left the girdle of young man and on right a girdle of sixty years old actor that got REALLY LUCKY..
Also, didnt rebels won the war, who are these obviously evil people???
>>
>>63615894

yeah thats why the united states dissolved when lincoln or jfk were killed
>>
why is the empire and the dark side in general so cool as fuck
>>
>>63616076
Because they're the good guys.
>>
>>63616076
It's meant to show the temptation of the dark side.
>>
>>63616076

because totalitarian motifs and iconography are cool
>>
>>63615988
>>63616034
No, you fucking retards, revolutions work only in totalitarian regimes, not democracy where you chose new leader every 4 years,that was the whole point, to kill the Emperor so democracy can again rule.
Jesus Christ, if only you knew how stupid you turn up, if you were so smart to even realize how this backfired , you would probably be ashamed, lucky this is anon board. My advice is to stick to it, you must be from USA.
Ceausescu, Saddam Hussein, Louis XVI of France and the rest ill leave you to google by yourself.

Anyway, I ask someone smart again, who the fuck are those evil people?
>>
>>63616226
So cool even the good guys do it
>>
>>63615894
A galactic empire would have millions of officers and billions of soldiers. They weren't all in the Death Star.

Which is why the SE ending of Jedi is stupid. Yub Nub was the celebration of a local victory. A decentralized government doesn't collapse just because the leader dies.
>>
>>63616311
Yeah but Victory Celebration is still a better track than Yub Nub.
>>
>>63616257
The Imperial Navy was like 95% intact at the end of the Battle of Endor. Aside from a couple of Star Destroyers and Vader's flagship, the rest of the fleet was still there and still vastly outnumbered the Rebels.

Presumably they retreated and regrouped at a loyal Imperial world and reestablished the Empire.
>>
>>63616280
want Luke's jacket
>>
>>63613296
Kylo seems fat with that Tbh
>>
>>63616354
Nah
>>
>>63616370
Adam Driver is kinda built-fat in Girls, so who knows?
>>
>>63614157
I think you're just really used to those movies and not welcoming new characters. You lost me calling them "cosplayers" that doesn't really mean anything anymore because of how its thrown around to describe any costume.
>>
>>63616257

except the empire was directly managed by regional governors as per ep4

or do you really think the emperor managed, hands on, every facet of a galaxy wide empire

the empire is fractured but if you really think all these rulers just threw down their star destroyers and bowed to the rebel alliance that literally had like 15 capital ships to their name in ROTJ, you're the idiot

those governors and military leaders and shit are all vying for power and the rebellion was way to small to just seize power from them across the galaxy the moment the emperor died
>>
>>63613296
Because they are white
>>
>>63613462
>Hugo Bossk
>>
>>63616450
this
>>
>>63614157
The mirror-polished black floors are what make it look odd.

Imperial ship floors were always a dull dark grey.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.