[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is empire so perfect but return of the jedi is almost prequel-tier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17
File: lead_960.jpg (358 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
358 KB, 1024x1448
Why is empire so perfect but return of the jedi is almost prequel-tier?

The drop in quality is uncanny
>>
well anon if you want to get real empire is the only good movie out of all 6
>>
>>63609323
George Lucas became angry that someone turned his beloved Star Wars into cinema of actual quality
Where is my incomprehensible dialogue? he asked
Why is there no chubby character named porkins, no squid guy from planet calamari? he moaned
he then decreed that in order to make more lucre selling gear to retarded children he wanted a scene where sweaty little teddy bears fight a regiment of storm troopers
>>
>>63609377
A new hope is a good movie though
>>
>>63609323
It's not prequel tier, you just fell for the "Return of the Jedi is bad" meme because of 15 minutes of Ewoks.

The emperor's throne room is one of the highlights of the trilogy.
>>
File: 1449752622087.jpg (11 KB, 356x297) Image search: [Google]
1449752622087.jpg
11 KB, 356x297
>>63609409
>George Lucas became angry that someone turned his beloved Star Wars into cinema of actual quality

this pretty much
>>
The pacing just gets fucking weird. What probably happened was George wanted to come up with the ending and his friends had good ideas so he's like well can't use those.

That being said Luke's ending is very satisfying. Han and leias aren't terrible but they're kind of eh
>>
>>63609442
no its not
>>
>>63609323

Fuck this reddit-tier meme.

Empire was good and add deepness to the saga but the VI was way more satisfactory.
>>
>>63609323
If ROTJ had followed the original script, it would've been the best in the series.
>>
>>63609527
As a trilogy starter its great but what I can't understand is why they even mention Jedi shit if nobody thought the movie would be a success and its clearly stuff to talk about in the sequel
>>
>>63609527
Nice argument, dude. I guess it's my turn. Ok here I go:

Yes, it is.
>>
File: The Empire Strikes Back.jpg (401 KB, 1369x2125) Image search: [Google]
The Empire Strikes Back.jpg
401 KB, 1369x2125
>>63609323
This poster is so wrong. Sheev is onl;y in it for a minute and only as hologram and he doesn't even look like that

This is the only right poster
>>
>>63609569
>the original script was better

It sucks when people do this. It creates false expectations.
>>
>>63609323
Geroge Lucas had nothing to do with it. Thank Irvin Kushner for the quality of Empire
>>
>>63609323
>empire
>perfect
It's a fun adventure flick, but nothing more.
>return of the jedi
Problems with pacing, too similar to the first one, not very creative, but it has its highlights. It's definitely not prequel-tier.
>>
>>63609609
Kurtz should've never been allowed to walk away
>>
>>63609580
search your feelings you know it to be true
>>
>>63609570
>why they even mention Jedi shit if nobody thought the movie would be a success
Because it is world building. They're an ancient, near extinct order of monks with super powers. Luke just found out he's an inheritor to that legacy.

You can expand on that, but you don't have to.
>>
>>63609622
>Geroge Lucas had nothing to do with it
He co-wrote it and produced it.
>>
Kershner was given artistic freedom that was unheard of for a big budget movie like that and it resulted in a messy, long shooting schedule that made everything go overbudget. The truth is Lucas liked what Kerschner was doing but he could only take so many loans out for the movie.

Return of the Jedi was the result of Lucas being tired of Star Wars production and wanting to put a happy ending on everything. He got a director that he could control and made the shoot as economical as possible.
>>
>>63609586
this
this poster is so beautiful
>>
MUH EWOKS
>>
>>63609645
404 feeling not found bro.

I love the original Star Wars.
>>
File: 1449841064021.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1449841064021.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>63609409
>>
>>63609323
from my point of view the quality increased with ROTJ. real opinion here.
>>
Was the movie Lucas had the least involvement in.

Not surprisingly, also the only SW movie without some hamfisted clown mascot thrown in. C3PO was the JarJar of the prequels. And Ewoks.
>>
If Spielberg and Lucas are such good friends why didn't Lucas include him at all. Especially when they needed someone for Return of the Jedi.
>>
File: DIlAe.png (197 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
DIlAe.png
197 KB, 300x410
>>63609645
>>
>>63609657
I know but in a way it was so cool it was cruel you may never learn more. I see your point though
>>
>>63609725
Genuinely interested to hear your reasons for this opinion, no sarcasm.
>>
people talk a lot about how bad hitler was but lucas probably ruined more lives in total by making it okay to be a basement dweller.
>>
>>63609644
>>63609609
killing Han off wouldn't have worked as well as people assume. Han Solo dying is like James Bond dying, or Han Solo getting PTSD and crying when its time to fly into battle.

Star Wars films are not kids films but they are fairytales and epic legends. They can't be any edgier than a John Ford Western.
>>
>>63609323
Jedi is not prequel tier. It's a great movie ruined by a couple of retarded ideas. The foundations were solid.

Now prequels, they are rotten to the core.
>>
>>63609788
Not him, but it was a very satisfying ending to the story.
>>
>>63609644
I want this meme to end. Kurtz was an irresponsible producer that nearly tanked Empire's production. He later nearly did the same thing to Return to Oz, which Lucas of all people came to bail him out of. Yet all these years Kurtz has been putting this shitty spin on Lucas.
>>
>>63609457
There are so many problems in jedi that ewoks are the least of my worry

Why was lando already in jabba's palace
Why didnt luke just fight his way through to save solo
Why did r2d2 have luke's light saber, what if somebody discovered it when the robots were sent there to serve jabba
Why was boba fett just chilling in jabba's palace let alone try to help him if he is just a mercenary
Rescuing solo was clearly important since pretty much everybody went there so why didnt the rebels just bomb the shit out of jabba's place until they surrendered
In empire yoda said luke needs more training but when he goes back in jedi his training is suddenly complete? Should we assume that there is like a 6 month time period we dont see between the two movies and if there is why did they wait 6 months to rescue solo
Emperor wanted to send the rebels to the generator but would it not have been a good idea to have the actual generator elsewhere or at least have a backup

Theres so much more shit i can't list it all
>>
>>63609409
>George Lucas became angry that someone turned his beloved Star Wars into cinema of actual quality
>Where is my incomprehensible dialogue? he asked
>Why is there no chubby character named porkins, no squid guy from planet calamari? he moaned
>he then decreed that in order to make more lucre selling gear to retarded children he wanted a scene where sweaty little teddy bears fight a regiment of storm troopers
I like ROTJ and I don't think it's prequel-tier. But this is also true.

Lucas was less involved in Empire. The director of ROTJ had trouble directing an action/fx movie and Lucas had to step up, unfortunately.
>>
Empire honestly turned me on to Furry Autoerotica Masochism just because of the scene where Leia has Chewie choke out Lando, and he ends up blowing his load onscreen you can see the stain.
>>
>>63609836
I think it helps if you see the humans as not humans, but aliens instead.
Because their motivations don't make sense otherwise.
>>
File: 1445237941814.jpg (1 MB, 1700x2211) Image search: [Google]
1445237941814.jpg
1 MB, 1700x2211
>>63609586
Superior poster coming through
>>
>>63609913
the....east...platforunnnnggghghgcheckum
>>
>>63609786
Would you rather have too much of a good thing, or not enough?

It's the reason Boba Fett was so popular, everything about him suggests he's king badass, even though he gets seconds of screen time.

Restraint is the most important thing to have when telling a story like this, and its why they don't work in the post CGI apocalypse. You no longer are forced to show any restraint, any dipshit idea can go on the screen.
>>
>>63609836
it's true that the whole first act of the movie doesn't get enough criticism because everyone is distracted by bears. it's actually incredibly misconceived and pisspoor whereas at least the Ewoks are intercut with better scenes.
>>
>>63609442
Lucas' vision and edit was shit though. The only reason New Hope was save was because of his producer and editor. Budget constraints also stopped a lot of his stupid ideas.
>>
>>63609926
>fanart
>superior
>that cartoon vader
>>
>>63609836
Watched it a long time ago, but:

>Why didnt luke just fight his way through to save solo

That's literally what he did in the end. He simply underestimated Jabba and tried to get Solo without bloodshed.

>Why was boba fett just chilling in jabba's palace let alone try to help him if he is just a mercenary

Maybe Jabba hired him as a bodyguard or something.

>Rescuing solo was clearly important since pretty much everybody went there so why didnt the rebels just bomb the shit out of jabba's place until they surrendered

Maybe rebel command didn't care about Solo and didn't want to risk their men.

>In empire yoda said luke needs more training but when he goes back in jedi his training is suddenly complete? Should we assume that there is like a 6 month time period we dont see between the two movies and if there is why did they wait 6 months to rescue solo

Maybe they didn't know where to look. They only knew Solo has to pay someone named Jabba, but the galaxy is big. + time for planning and preparation.
>>
>>63609824
this
>>
>>63609926
disgusting 2bh family
>>
Return has a great closure to Luke's story, but yeah, overall, I believe Lucas understood who his main audience is and decided to sell toys - thus Ewoks...
>>
>>63609745
Spielberg has experience working with Lucas, so maybe he knew he didn't want that job. Then many years later he forgot about it and did Crystal Skull.
>>
>>63609951
I have a lot more nitpicks for the later half of the movie, just wanted to make a point about ewoks not being a big deal
>>
>>63609821
Also, they save Solo and he dies anyway? That's too nihilistic for Star Wars.
>>
>>63610061
was that Lucas or the studio? I assumed the studio pushed the youth market to sell toys.

It's just kind of a lopsided film. The first part is saving our buddy han, then changes to luke's closure story. han and leia just guard a big door for the last half of the film.
>>
File: hansolo[1].png (172 KB, 380x350) Image search: [Google]
hansolo[1].png
172 KB, 380x350
>>63609323
I even noticed this as a kid. Weird stuff like Boba Fett going out like a punk (inb4 he lives), Han decides to save Lando after what he did in Empire, Luke couldn't choke the Rancor monster to death with the force yet Leia easily choked Jabba to death, Death Star 2, Han Solo acted out of character (dorky, not cool as fuck. No wonder he wanted to die probably more so when he read his lines), The Emperor using lightning bolts (fucking lightning bolts!).

I actually liked the fucking Ewoks and how they just had enough of the Empire impeding on their planet and just decided to fuck their shit up hard. That was funny to me.

The Luke / Leia sister wasn't as surprising as Vader being Luke's dad but the ending of their duel was cool. The saber fight was meh though. A bit sappy but when Luke lost his shit on Vader that was sweet.

It's like the last Matrix. It's as if they ran out of ideas and just clumped some shit together storyline wise.
>>
>>63609836
you MUST be retarded
I mean, 3/4 of those are common sense answers . Just think about the most obvious explanations and realize that they all fit together
>>
Would ROTJ be better if Lucas got Lynch to direct it?
>>
>>63609926
This looks like airbrush art from the side of a disco rape van.
>>
>>63610173
Are you fucking serious? Lucas's big triumph was that he owned all the merchandising rights, not the studio. Any decision to sell more toys come from him.
>>
>>63610182
If they are so common sense explain them
>>
>>63609950
>It's the reason Boba Fett was so popular, everything about him suggests he's king badass, even though he gets seconds of screen time.
I have an idea! Let's put Boba Fett EVERYWHERE and now he's an anti-hero instead of a villain.
>>
>>63610183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U

yes
>>
>>63609323
>Prequel tier

Except ROTS and TPM are better than ROTJ
>>
I'm sorry but I love the Ewoks/Vietnam analogy and I think it works better than Wookies.
So haters gonna hate.
>>
File: 1440608060284.jpg (184 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1440608060284.jpg
184 KB, 500x370
>>63610279
>>
>>63609802
>Hitler
>Bad
>>
>>63610183
Reminder that Lynch found the ewoks to be weird and this contributed to him not having anything to do with Star Wars.
>>
>>63610215
>>63609836
>Why was lando already in jabba's palace
because they had a long planning period
>Why didnt luke just fight his way through to save solo
because they had a plan that was safer than that
Why did r2d2 have luke's light saber, what if somebody discovered it when the robots were sent there to serve jabba
because they planned for it
Why was boba fett just chilling in jabba's palace let alone try to help him if he is just a mercenary
because he was getting paid, because he's a mercenary
>Rescuing solo was clearly important since pretty much everybody went there so why didnt the rebels just bomb the shit out of jabba's place until they surrendered
because you dont bomb in an espionage retrieval mission, you dumbass
>Should we assume that there is like a 6 month time period we dont see between the two movies and if there is why did they wait 6 months to rescue solo?
because they needed time for Lando to infiltrate Jabbas Palace, Luke to finish his training, and for them to generally study and plan for the surprise attack. You know, the common sense answers to your first 5 retarded questions
>>
>>63610351
>ewoks were too weird even for lynch
red flag right there
>>
>>63610279
>having meme opinions

TPM is the worst.
>>
>>63610359
>because they had a long planning period
That's not an answer. Lando did jack shit.

>because they had a plan that was safer than that
Yes, the plan where Luke tries to steal a blaster to just shoot Jabba in the face is much safer, especially when he ends up having to fight a Rancor unarmed.

>because they planned for it
So you can't actually answer anything!
>>
>>63609745
i think it was something about the director's guild
>>
RotJ has some pacing and tonal issues but it's still miles ahead of the prequels. The luke/vader/sheev stuff is as good as anything in empire

And that last space battle still remains the best in the series
>>
>>63610521
You see your problem is that you're looking to find issues with it. Most audiences don't care because it's a movie. You don't need unneeded details to a simple plot point. Most people just fill in the blanks but you seem too dense and need it spelled out for you.
>>
>>63609457

It starts off okay but then it becomes Teddy Bear forest adventures and a reshoot of the ending of the first one.

Seriously another Death Star?
>>
>>63610259
This is actually rather endearing. I like how the psychological horror of the dark side is brought out by the lynch core soundscape and dysphoric editing.

I kind of want to see a movie like this now. Sci-fi with a magical realism edge.
>>
>>63609913

Underrated post
>>
>>63610652
So you were a complete liar when you made claims like how their plan was safe and how Lando was doing something, and when called on it, you rely on the bullshit excuse of "it's just a movie guys!" I'm done with you.
>>
>>63610699
The throne room was based though. Vader's face reveal was perfect.
>>
>>63609323
Gotta ask Mr. Lucas that.
>>
>>63610903
Man you'd make a shit screen writer. Not every little detail needs to be explained.
>>
>>63609323
You fell for the "return of the jedi is bad cuz muh ewok a who didn't really win the battle" meme.

Oh shit, it's actually gary kurtz
>>
>>63609323
Lucas's wife left him. She wrote and provided the real vision for his early films... everything he did after she left is progressively worse.
>>
>>63610359
>>Why didnt luke just fight his way through to save solo
>because they had a plan that was safer than that
More dangerous for him but safer for the people in the palace than starting a war there if he has another option.
this is luke acting like a jedi, putting himself at risk as long as there is a chance to save another, even if they are not the most deserving of help
>>
>>63611136
Yeah, they won because the Empire are total idiots who believe Han's transmission instead of the hundreds of reports from Stormtroopers dying.

In fact that's a wonderful illustration of the kidification of the series. In the first one Han's attempts to trick them over the radio fail instantly. In the third they work perfectly.
>>
>>63611204
>Lucas's wife left him. She wrote and provided the real vision for his early films... everything he did after she left is progressively worse.

It's easy to claim this but it's more likely that they were just better as a pair
her being the one person who could say no george, this is a bad idea we need to try something else probably has a lot to do with this
>>
File: 49877-full.jpg (154 KB, 1024x722) Image search: [Google]
49877-full.jpg
154 KB, 1024x722
>>63609409
>chubby character named porkins

Had to google this

Jesus Christ Lucas
>>
>>63609836

Star Wars is ultimately an adventure film. Like in all adventure you have excuses for why the heroes go out in heroic bands to right wrongs. You could use this complaint for anything similar. In this case the heroes are protecting their own and are probably the most qualified to do it. If you want infiltration, diplomacy, and extraction done with a minimum of causalities a jedi is your go to guy.

>In empire yoda said luke needs more training but when he goes back in jedi his training is suddenly complete?

Yoda was dying. He held out as long as he could to right his past fuck ups. He taught Luke as much as he could in a crash course.
>>
>>63609913
yiff in hell
>>
>>63611204
>the prequels were just Geroge's mid life crisis
>he realized he fucked up and sold it to competent company
>>
>>63611321
his eyes
>what have I done
>>
>>63609836
>Why was boba fett just chilling in jabba's palace let alone try to help him if he is just a mercenary
He was a bounty hunter that helped the Empire multiple times with success and gave Jabba the one thing he wanted most. Why wouldn't he be allowed to hang out around the Palace when he wasn't on a job?
>>63609836
>why didnt the rebels just bomb the shit out of jabba's place until they surrendered
All the important Rebels were gathering their forces near Sullust to launch themselves at the Second Death Star. They had no real man power to spare.
>yoda blahblah
There was an entire year between the movies. One could assume that Boba didn't directly go from Bespin to Tatooine with Han, so avoid getting ambushed by other bounty hunters waiting to steal the credit. It's hard to launch an attack for something that you don't even know is present.
>>
File: Sana_Solo.png (667 KB, 605x680) Image search: [Google]
Sana_Solo.png
667 KB, 605x680
REMINDER that the new Marvel comics are canon until Disney says otherwise.
REMINDER that there is a Han Solo Anthology movie set before ANH in the works
REMINDER that since Disney can't hire a black man to play Han, they will force Sana "Solo" into the movie to fill the interracial quota, even though they were only fake-married for a job.
>>
>>63610521
I always figured Lando was there ahead of time for recon purposes and that by the time everyone arrived, his job was done; since, how would Leia be sure the whole giving a wookie plan would work if there wasn't someone there to make sure that Jabba accepted that kind of shit?
>>
>>63611884
Disney can suck muh dick
>>
>>63611884
Yeah I don't think she'll show up
>>
>>63610177
This is one going I've always found interesting. That people assume Boba Fett was some bad ass bounty hunter and he went out like a bitch. You don't actually see him do anything cool ever. I don't get why people picked him to be a be all bad ass. His death was fine for what he was in the movies.
>>
>>63610259
>Jedi Rocks footage with Llorando dubbed over it

hardest I've laughed today
>>
>>63609645
The retardation is strong in this one.
>>
>>63610699
Well memed.
>>
>>63609954
What does this have to do with the actual quality of the flick, though?
>>
>>63609323
The beginning and ending of RotJ is the best part of the OT, it's just the mid that's bad
>>
>>63611297
>In the first one Han's attempts to trick them over the radio fail instantly. In the third they work perfectly.
They Empire knew they were rebels trying to infiltrate. It was part of Sheev's plan.
>>
>>63609323

Empire was pretty much entirely the product of Kershner & Kasdan. Lucas was busy with other things (like organizing Lucasfilm's move into Skywalker Ranch). On Jedi, Marquand was basically just a puppet for Lucas.

>>63612280

He looked cool, he sounded cool (before he was dubbed over by a bored-sounding Temuera Morrison), he seemed no-nonsense and capable before his pratfall death. I will say, his new characterization is interesting - now he's a murder-happy fuckup as a result of Aura Sing being a terrible parental figure to him after Jango's death.
>>
>>63612684
Of the OT? No sir, just best part of flick.
>>
Another anon once said on here the only rewarding Star Wars chapters are the ones the Emperor isn't physically in it. Those coincidently are also in the National Film Registry at Library of Congress. and produced by Gary Kurtz.
>>
>>63613086
I would honestly say the jabba palace sequence is the most exciting part of the entire series.
>>
>>63613265
Exciting? Hell no. But I wouldn't say you're wrong if you said most entertaining
>>
>>63612280
I thought his death was funny but everybody in the theater (including me) were commenting like "that was it?" Boba already had a following when he first appeared animated in the Star Wars Holiday Special back in '78. When I was a kid, me and my friends thought Boba was the coolest action figure to own. It was just sort of an insult that he went out like like he did in Jedi. You'd think he was special but then he really wasn't all that special but he could've been. Just a bit of a letdown from an original trilogy fan's perspective.
>>
>>63612874
I'm almost convinced Spielberg secretly directed Empire Strikes Back or had a huge hand in it. It just has his early style & name written allover it. I've seen Kershner's previous work and it looks nothing like Empire.

Jedi looks like Lucas said, "Richie. Mr. Lynch doesn't seem interested in directing Jedi, so what I need you to do is to make it look like a Lynch movie because I'm a big fan of Eraserhead and The Elephant Man and I totally envisioned him directing the film in my head when I wrote the script."
>>
Why don't people like Ewoks?

I always thought they were pretty based.

Please tell me its something better than muh star wars should be dark and mature
>>
>>63614061
their not that awful, but the part of the film where they are first introduced is incredibly badly paced and unnecessary so their relatively brief battle sequences induced more rage than they might have otherwise.
>>
>>63614061
It's because people hold the Empire up on some high pedestal and little midget bears brought them down off it.
>>
>>63614061
Battle scenes with the ewoks are fucking trash
>hey this bear stole my bike which he probably can't drive and will crash it to the first tree he sees
>let's all go chase after him

It's such a shit show. I know it's a kids movie but come on
>>
>>63614192
in A New Hope, there is literally a bit on the Death Star where they distract two Storm Troopers, they go into the Millenium Falcon, we hear BASH WHAM comedy beating up sounds, offscreen and Luke and Han appear wearing their outfits. it's literally straight out of the Wizard of Oz.

I think maybe you might be taking the franchise a bit too seriously.
>>
>>63609377
this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-mewHsIhAU
>>
I just hate how ROTJ is filled with annyoning noises and sounds. First you have that little shit siting on Jabbas ass, pig guards and some robots in the palace. Then you have to listen to Ewok-speak(great idea to have main characters trying to comunicate with cartoon bears for 1/3 of the movie, can't get enough of this SF action Gearoge), then, even in space they still cut to that hispanic looking alien siting besides Lando. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 6010[1].jpg (23 KB, 530x400) Image search: [Google]
6010[1].jpg
23 KB, 530x400
>>63614061
I liked the Ewoks in Jedi but that was it. I even liked the original Ewoks song that they sang to the tune of the Star Wars theme as cornball as it was. When my parents got me the Ewoks village toy as a kid I was totally stoked since I collected a lot of Ewok action figures up to that point.

I tried watching the 80's cartoon and TV movies though but that shit was horrid.
>>
>>63614492
>Every alien including humans should all speak just one language ever
>>
I don't understand why people think return of the Jedi is better than revenge of the sith.
Revenge of the sith has almost none of what everyone hates about the prequels after the awful opening space antics. Return of the Jedi on the other hand has basically everything going against it that the prequels did.
>annoying characters targeted for kids and toys
>stupid unnecessary set pieces that make no sense
>entire plot is a shittier version of new hope
>rescuing Han Solo takes way too long and is way too silly
>boba fett taken out without a fight
>Death Star has an even more hilariously stupid weakness than before
Yeah the final light saber battle was one of the highlights of the entire trilogy but that one scene doesn't make up for the awful quality of the rest of the movie. Yeah revenge of the sith isn't much better but it's way more consistent and far less stupid. Only parts of that movie that are really that bad is the space stuff before duku and Vader shouting noooooo
>>
>>63614280
Those two scenes have completely different tones. Emperor says luke's friends walked to their deaths in a serious scene and meanwhile the battle is like out of a fucking cartoon. Doesn't exactly go together
>>
Official rankings
1. Empire
2. New Hope
POWER GAP
3. Revenge of the sith
4. Return of the Jedi
POWER GAP
5. Phantom menace
6. Clones
>>
>original trilogy
2>1>3
>prequel trilogy
3>1>2

REVERSE POETRY????
>>
>>63614528
Are you stupid or something?
Are you aware that it is entirely possible for things to simultaneously sound not human and not annoying
>>
File: YBfiHeX[1].gif (1018 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
YBfiHeX[1].gif
1018 KB, 500x213
>>63611321
Porkins looks like 80% of Star Wars virgin fanboys and most likely will die virgins like Porkins did.
>>
6>5>4 >3>2>1
>>
>>63614845
>implying that dying in a super epic space battle is bad.

Reddit?
>>
>>63609377
its the only one that rises to the level of great film. i wouldn't say new hope is bad though
>>
>>63610340
Edge
>>
>>63614599
There was TONS more visual creativity in ROTJ. The scripts for both ROTJ and ROTS were both shit though. Palpatine was the best thing bout ROTS. The rest of the movie was Hayden trying to be all edgy and the duel btwn Anakin and Obi-Wan was so long and drawn out w/ fake CG I dozed in and out of sleep (never did that during a saber match). Padme acted like a weepy little annoying cunt. She was a fucking Queen. WTH happened to her in ROTS (inb4 she was preggers). She was a badass in AOTC. The Emperor / Yoda fight was just dorky as hell. The landing of the half-broken ship in the beginning of ROTS was long-winded and boring, you know they were going to survive, I mean come on! Obi-Wan just leaves Anakin to rot with his 5th degree burns. If Obi-Wan loved him he would've put him out of his misery. Don't even get me started on "And Padme. Is she safe? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
>>
>>63614877
Mathematically correct
>>
>>63614509
>Those Ewoks movies
Shit, those were so weird. I watched both of them and its just kinda weird how they just killed the mom and the son and then completly forget about it 5 minutes on, like if they were nothing.
>>
>>63609926
Terrible taste.
>>reddit
>>
>>63614661
Esto, para ser honesto familia.
>>
>>63609377

That's how I feel about Half Blood Prince in the HP series, I'll watch the others because of nostalgia/good memories but HBP is the only one I watch when I want to watch a good movie.
>>
>I am a patrician, thats how I know Empire is the best star wars movie

I grow weary of this bullshit
>>
>>63618742
you are actually pretty retarded if you don't recognize empire as the best movie in the series
>>
>>63618773
4 is better

youve fallen for a meme
>>
>>63618636
Being a bookfag I hated the 6th movie. It removes all the interesting parts.
>>
>>63614845

>implying Porkins was a virgin

He didn't earn that nickname because he was fat.
>>
>>63618800
>meme
your opinion is worthless
>>
>>63618853
like I care what some dark and edgy empire fuckboy thinks :^)
>>
Wipe out... Viceroy Gunray
>>
The saga got confused between being a light riff on the Flash Gordon Saturday morning serials with some mythological elements (Ep 4), and being a legitimate episode of myth with far higher consequences and far more dramatic storytelling (Ep 5). I think George at the end just wanted to play it safe (and to keep the audience as wide as possible to keep the profit margin as wide as possible).
>>
>>63618636
>watching satanic movies
>>
>>63615243

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Don't forget that Lucas added that to the end of ROTJ too, just to make sure you don't forget it.
>>
>>63614661
this
>>
asking this here for some reason: Should I read the Thrawn Trilogy for the first time to get hype this week? thrawn seems like a p based character from the prologue
>>
>>63609673
Based Drew Struzan.
>>
Money got tight during RotJ due to expansion.
Irvin Kershner is the man.
That scene between Han and Lando in front of the Falcon is soooooooo cheap.
>>
>>63620138
NVM this is actually a Drew Kastel painting.
>>
>>63620063
If you don't expect any of the non-movie characters to get a reference in the movie, go ahead. They aren't canon anymore, unless JJ and the LSG decided to remake them for the movie.
>>
>>63620541
that seems fine, was wondering how they were quality wise. TFA just feels like a rehash of ANH's plot elements so maybe this will be more creative
>>
I love Return, its not nearly as good as the first two but it has a greate finale.
>>
>>63609836
Yeah this is the most retarded list of non-shit I've ever seen.

Plinkett, you are not. Holy fuck man, you must not understand anything in any movie, ever.
>>
>>63609836
This post highlights the deep idiocy of people who cry that RotJ was bad. It's actually just as good as the first two, and surpasses even Empire in some scenes.

Fucking RotJ wuz bad meme faggots BTFO every thread. Please continue.
>>
File: 1449904288992.jpg (179 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1449904288992.jpg
179 KB, 1200x675
I'm about to plan a couple viewing sessions of the films this week. Been ages since I watched any of them intently.

Much as the prequels are poor and put down, I'm not going to skip them altogether. So the old question arises: release order or episode order?

How about dat Machete version?
>>
>>63621011

episode order or bust. Machete order is bullshit for retards so disappointed by the kids movies they devoted their lives to that they wish to erase them from existence. you can't spell "massive faggotry" without "fan dogma"
>>
>>63609377
Made an account to say this
>>
File: oooooh.jpg (30 KB, 450x319) Image search: [Google]
oooooh.jpg
30 KB, 450x319
>>63621011

That was not the right image. fuck
>>
>>63621011
PT then OT, or OT then PT doesn't really matter. Do what you want.

Machete Order removes TPM, so with your idea of "I'm not going to skip any" instantly removes it as an option.
>>
>>63621101

Right, I mean if it was actually legit enough and effective to justify skipping TPM, which it sounds like probably not.
>>
>>63621154
You miss out on the introduction of the Jedi, Nute Gunray, and Anakin, but not watching TPM won't make you miss too much. When Palpatine mentions midichlorians to Anakin in ROTS you won't know what they are, but it's a throwaway thing.
It's enjoyable for the Podracing, at least.
>>
>>63621011
Machete order is pretty legit, especially skipping phantom menace. Trust me, you don't need that. But it works even without skipping
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.