[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it cinema?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: film_southlandtales.jpg (32 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
film_southlandtales.jpg
32 KB, 600x300
is it cinema?
>>
Really wanted to like it but it sucks
Had someone else written the script it probably would have been better. Main issues were in the writing. Though someone else directing wouldn't have hurt either.

I like the basic concept though. A hyperconsumerist scifi where not only its own world is full of sensory overload but so is the film we watch, too many plots and characters to keep track of etc. etc. works something like one part Robocop one part Infinite Jest, I get it, I like it but it didn't work
>>
>>63608604
As a whole it has issues. There were some scenes that still worked well I think. The JT music video[/spoiled] and his scene on the beach with the mounted gun for example.

Also liked the rocks performance.
>>
>>63608715
I agree, The Rock's performance carried the movie well (not that I can remember anything about his absurd storyline)
>>
Southland Tales was a fucking mess from beginning to end

I remember being so hyped after just watching Donnie Darko and thinking Richard Kelly had another great story to tell but holy shit this was terrible

He will go down as another one hit wonder
>>
>>63608458
didnt you need to read some shitty comic before watching te movie or something?
>>
>>63608892
he stopped directing even, hasnt made anything since The Box (2009)
>>
>>63608950
the first 2 of 5 chapters were in comic form
I actually liked this idea, to add to the whole scattershot fragmentation of the movie

I think the execs let it happen because they saw $$$ but it doesn't sound to me as scummy as most think it does.

it was a way of making the viewer feel further displaced and breaking this sprawling scifi epic into a multimedia project. it was to start in medias res and make the audiance really feel it

i think its a cool idea (again, movie was still shit tho)
>>
>>63609055

Good riddance
>>
the worst movie I have ever seen, this is what happen when you think you can be Paul Verhoeven but you just dont have the talent or intelligence
>>
>>63609098
the box was decent
>>
>>63609464

'no'
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.