[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cos_ Dashit TIL that the Emp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: shee.jpg (37 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
shee.jpg
37 KB, 600x307
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cos_Dashit

TIL that the Emperor's name in Lucas' first draft for Star Wars was Cos Dashit

Tell me Sheev is not a better name
>>
>>63603142

bump LOL!
>>
DaShit sounds like a rapper name.
>>
>In the first draft, he is renamed "Son Hhat". He remains otherwise identical in speech and actions.
>>
>>63603142
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cos_Dashit
>Cos Dashit
>later amended to "Son Hhat"

jesus fucking christ, does lucas have some congenital defect that makes him gravitate to retarded names?
>>
File: 1191412768133.gif (561 KB, 183x159) Image search: [Google]
1191412768133.gif
561 KB, 183x159
Lucas is a retard, he obviously is sick of Star Wars and probably never really understood it.
In Lucas's mind it's a stupid movie for children with stupid aliens.
The deeper themes given to the film by the writers which are about hope, bonds, etc. Never made sense in the mind of Lucas because he's simply autistic.

Lucas never made Star Wars. he shot the footage and can be credited for a lot of effort but in the end it was just to make a buck. Most of Star Wars has been done by others and during editing.

You can see in how much of a retarded mess Star Wars turned into once he had full control.
You watch enough interviews and you notice that Lucas is simply down like a clown with down syndrome.
In an short clip J J Abrams asks Lucas which Star Wars character he likes most.
Lucas shugs off his shoulders as if all characters are just dumb, remember? It's a dumb movie for children with stupid looking aliens in them.
So he literally answers "Jar Jar"
Because he knows it's the most offensive answer.
>>
>TIL

hello reddit
>>
Who caused it? Sheev Cos Dashit
>>
>>63603910
>J J Abrams asks Lucas which Star Wars character he likes most

Youtube link senpai?
>>
>>63603679

Kind of, yeah. He's said in interviews that he's basically always looking for interesting sounds to use as names, and likes the names to be evocative of the characters' personalities in some way.

>>63603910

He might be sick of it now, but I don't think that's why the prequels were shit. He put everything he had into them - the trouble is, he just didn't have very much. And he wound up doing so much himself because no one wanted to work with him - he approached all of his director friends to helm TPM, he approached Kasdan for scripting it, they were all like "no, George, this is your baby, you can do it yourself. To me, that sounds like they were sending him up the river without a paddle. And there was no one like Marcia in his life who could cut through his clunky gibberish dialogue and forge a great movie.
>>
File: 1447438626051.png (1 MB, 1773x733) Image search: [Google]
1447438626051.png
1 MB, 1773x733
It's fucking ridiculous that some EU hack was permitted to sully the good name of Palpatine with such a shitty fucking meme-tier name like "Sheev". I hope they retcon that shit.
>>
>>63603142
Why?

>cause das' it
>>
>>63603910
I'd give a great deal of credit to Ralph McQuarrie, he came up with the whole visual look of most of the original trilogy
>>
So... is Supreme Leader Snoke a temporary name or did JJ really gave the main antagonist such a stupid name?
>>
>>63604613

Tell me, young anon ...did you ever hear the Tragedy Of Darth Lucas the wise?"
"No."
"I thought not...it's not a story the Screenwriter's Guild would tell you. It's a film legend. Darth Lucas was a director so powerful, and so convinced of his own ability to write that he could even keep the actors he cared about...from ever speaking decent dialogue."
"He could actually screw films up that badly?"
"Having so much money is a pathway to directorial decisions some would consider to be...unnatural."
>>
Just rewatched Episode 5, never realised how much Chewbacca annoys the fuck out of me.
>>
File: 2far.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2far.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>63604727
Those little "Star Wars" name generators can generate a million better names than these fuckers can come up with after months of work.

I'm not kidding, try it:
http://fantasynamegenerators.com/human-sw-names.php

Some of them are just as dumb, but there's also halfway decent ones.
>>
>>63604769
He's worse than Jar Jar

I don't know why OTfags love him so much

>growls incessantly

Bravo. Great screenplay
>>
File: d2d.jpg (28 KB, 847x463) Image search: [Google]
d2d.jpg
28 KB, 847x463
>open link
>it's real

I can't fucking believe it.
>>
>>63603910
>It's a dumb movie for children with stupid looking aliens in them.

but that's true
>>
>>63604756
kek
>>
File: thanos.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
>>63603221
>Son Hhat
>reverse the spelling
>Tahhnos
Is Lucas a hack?
>>
>>63604769
same, him and yoda just make the films way worse for me
>>
>>63605016
>He's worse than Jar Jar

>this is what prequel babies actually think
>>
>>63603910

>Force Push .gif

This takes me back.
>>
>>63606530

Thanos
>>
>>63603910
The opposite you dense fuck. LUCAS is all about the themes. He's best friends with Joseph Campbell you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>63606940
the soup guy?
>>
>>63604930

canon for personal star wars name. it's your own name backwards... it's legit
>>
>>63606530
How would you even say that? Do you say it like, you've got tourrets, or you are going to sneeze? Maybe your son looks like a dink in his winter clothes or he has a stupid hat and you're like, trying not to laugh. You start when you point at his hat but you catch yourself. Fuck.
>>
>>63603142
So Sheev is Dashit? I always suspected.
>>
Hahahaha it'd honestly be so fucking good if Lucas went with this

Just imagine...

Emperor DA SHIT
>>
>>63604613
this is old eu palpatine
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine
try ctrl+f sheev, you won't find anything

>I hope they retcon that shit
you don't understand. the name sheev was one of the first of disney's improvements to star wars. there's plenty more where that came from :^)
>>
So you people who said his original name was Rich R Demnixon or something were just memeing at me?
>>
>>63604330
https://thescene.com/watch/vanityfair/george-lucas-on-why-he-s-done-directing-star-wars-movies
>>
>>63603221
>Son Hhat
>Sen Hat
>Sen at
>Senate

It all makes sense now
>>
>>63609846
good spot anon
>>
>>63609846
>I am the Son Hhat !

it was there all along
>>
>>63603142
Cos Dashit sounds more gangsta.Sheev is a name for a knife not a man
>>
>>63606530
he is a poet
>>
>>63604930
Keitgar Caudfug
Rogelama Temphal
Lucadam Gunsbobb

Great names indeed
>>
File: 1421657233490.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1421657233490.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
>>63603142
>hey sheev why they call you cos dashit
>cos I'm dashit, nigga
>>
If they had kept the original name, then the tagline for Episode 6 should've been "Dashit Goes Down"
>>
Son hatt cos daShit sheev palpatine.

Sounds african english.
>>
>>63610200
give me your reddit username, gold is coming your way
>>
>>63610407
ok it's ifuckedyou'remom:)
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 285x171
TIL: the emperor was originally supposed to be played by David Bowie
>>
>>63610450
I unironically and non-redditly want this more than ever.
>>
>>63603910
Typically, the stories you hear about the studio intervening in a movie's affairs and taking control from the creative team are stories of how the final product became unimaginative, boring and bad. Star Wars is the one exception. I think people working in it soon realised Lucas was not qualified to do what he was doing, so everyone from the staff to the actors to the producers decided to chime in.

The original trilogy is, at best, 25% Lucas and 75% everyone else. Sometimes I wonder if coming up with the story was all he did, and even that probably underwent several transformations.
>>
>>63610516
Let's not forget that every last square inch of his story was just frankensteined together from every adventure serial he watched and dimestore paperback science fiction novel he read growing up.
Now no one is expecting a director to NOT be influenced by the stories he liked as a youth but Lucas is one of the more clearcut cases of being just straight up copy and paste.
>>
Maybe George left that as a joke in the script
>>
>>63603221
Anagram for Han Shot.
Hmmm...this is one deep rabbit hole
>>
>>63604613
That name Sheev was given to Lucerno by Lucas himself. So like in all things, it's Lucas' fault
>>
Sheev vs Son Hhat vs DaShit

What's /tv/'s #1?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.