[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think he's a good director?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Do you think he's a good director?
>>
he was
>>
maybe if he was filming a soap opera
>>
>>63601820
He was, but now he's caught up with politics - literally capeshit tier
>>
Hunger, Shame and 12 Years a Slave are all great. Shame is probably his masterpiece
>>
>>63601820
He's not and doesn't have the possibility to ever be. Just look at him.
>>
>>63601820
He's insanely talented, but I'm not sure what's wrong with him that he can't make a great movie yet. Needs more discipline, it's too much of a pleb, he needs to read more.
>>
File: Classic.gif (3 MB, 315x182) Image search: [Google]
Classic.gif
3 MB, 315x182
>Paul Dano reportedly stayed in character during the filming of 12 Years a Slave.[10][11] This led to a number of awkward interactions with the predominantly black cast and the film's director, who is also black. According to lead actor Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dano took to calling the black actors "minstrel niggers" and would feign a stereotypical slave accent when conversing with director Steve McQueen, calling him "massa" and "boss nigger".[10][12]
>>
>>63601820
12 Arbitrary Time Units a Never Aging Nigger was shit, desu senpai.
>>
>>63601820
Hunger was a masterpiece.
Shame was excellent.
12 Years a Slave was pretty good, too much Hollywood though.

Definitely a great director, I hope he continues collaborating with Michael Fassbinder.
>>
>>63601918
Shame was shit though.
>>
>>63602328
McQueen started off with such promise, not letting his race get in the way of his films. You would never have guessed with his first two films and his name that he was a fat autistic black man.
Then he made 12 Years a Slave and now look what he's working on, after dropping a potential film about an Irish gypsy bare-knuckle boxer.

>McQueen is working on a BBC drama about the lives of black Britons, which follows the lives of a group of friends and their families from 1968 to 2014.[41]
>In November 2014, it was reported that McQueen's next film would be a biopic about the black actor, singer and activist Paul Robeson.[42]

Seems like he's got the Oscar bug.
>>
>>63602476
Being in his position, wouldn't you do the same? He came so close to it, gotta chase that bad boy.
>>
>>63602542
But he got one for Best Picture.
>>
Yes I do.
But all his time in Murica is going to make him do nothing but race shit now.
>>
>>63602476
To be fair Paul Robeson WAS pretty interesting.
>>
Although 12 Years a Slave is quite a good film, it's a bit diasappointing to see McQueen do such an obvious film, which has been done so many times before. It is obviously personally important to him, being black, but unfortunately his emotions seem to have gotten in the way of his true vision.

Shame in particular is a supreme film and his control and simplicity is very refreshing. I like the way he doesn't over accentuate the camerawork like most directors tend to do. He also does not over-edit. He has some notable "long-takes" but they're long takes that actually make sense and don't need a cut rather than "look at me look how good I am at making all of this one shot!!". His sense of style and pacing in Shame is some of the most satisfying in modern Hollywood cinema.

Shame > Hunger >> 12 Years a Slave
>>
>>63602550
But the Best Director is where it's at. You, alone, Best Director.
>>
DUDE OSCARS ARE WORTH SHIT LMAO

Palme D'or is wheres it's at
>>
>>63601820
He's ok

I only watched 12 years though, what other films would you recommend /tv/?
>>
>>63602577
This is literally my exact opinion.

r u me?
>>
>>63603292
Of his whole 3 film filmography? Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>63603292
Hunger
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.