[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would any body be able to reccomend me any films, that havea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: p170313_p_v7_aa.jpg (121 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p170313_p_v7_aa.jpg
121 KB, 480x720
would any body be able to reccomend me any films, that havea similar feel to them as

no country for old men
raising arizona
oh brother where art thou

with that south mid west sort of feel to it
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coen_brothers_filmography

Have fun, OP.
>>
File: blue-ruin-600px.png (157 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
blue-ruin-600px.png
157 KB, 600x300
>>63595435
Blue ruin feels a lot like no country for old men.
It's awesome.
>>
>>63595456
is there any particular one you would recomend, that maybe more mid west than the others , and thanks for the list
>>
>>63595499
aaah thank you very much, il put it on my watch list
>>
>>63595519
Fargo.

Then watch the show.
>>
>>63595435
Have you seen Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction?
Kind of similar. Not really a south mid west feel but they do have good dialogue and cinematography.
>>
>>63595656
yeah, i have seen them, i did enjoy them , would of been good recomend if i hadnt alredy seen them, thanks though, any others you can think of?
>>
>>63595675
nightcrawler?
or Collateral?
>>
>>63595435
The Avengers
Transformers
The Amazing Spiderman 2

Basically any of these cause your films are capeshit tier
>>
File: thats bait.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thats bait.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>63595789
kek.
>>
>>63595789
i have alredy seen those, thanks for the recomendation though,
>>63595768
i have seen these, i enjoyed them alot, any more?
>>63595550
what relation does the show have to the film, in terms of plot and such
>>
>>63595930
>what relation does the show have to the film, in terms of plot and such

In terms of plot? Not much. Mostly just references but there is a macguffin in Fargo that does show up in the TV show as a major plot point (don't want to spoil it). The show centers around other major crimes happening around the mid-west.

In terms of tone, character development, comedy style, violence, etc. it's very similar to the movie. If you liked the movie, you will like the show.
>>
>>63595930
Taxi Driver?
>>
True Romance
>>
>>63595985
aaah thanks, just finishing up on the film then il check out the tv show, thanks
>>
>>63596163
seen that many times, really enjoy it, any more like that id love, that gritty city feel
>>63596166
cant say iv heard of that, il check it out thank you
>>
>>63595435
True Grit and Fargo

Also, This >>63595456
>>
Brick with Joseph Gordon levitt takes place in a sort of gritty California town. Gritty in its own way.

Iron furnace (I liked it; everyone else hates it) takes place in Pennsylvania, but has an extremely gritty atmosphere to it.
>>
>>63596198
Boondock Saints?
>>
>>63596261
true grit as in the remake? did that turn out good, i thought i remeber i heard bad things about it
>>
>>63596375
this looks good, il check that out, thanks
>>
>>63595435
Assasination of Jesse James
>>
>>63596350
i cant find any film called "iron furnace"
>>
>>63596412
watch that not that long ago, very good, thanks, anymore?
>>
paris, texas
>>
>>63596445
Out of the furnace

Sorry
>>
>>63596566
aaah, no problem, how is christian bale in this, i have dificulty watching him, makes me tense, he always looks angry
>>
>>63596542
that looks like my cup of tea, il give that a watch, thank you very much
>>
>>63596637
Well I like that tenseness and appreciate discomfort when I watch movies, so we might have different tastes, but I think he's good in it.

I think the mood of the movie is its main positive, but the acting is pretty good too.
>>
Der Untergang
>>
>>63596704
i dont mind the tensenss in the movies themselfs, but watching him for me is like, if you are watching somones whos on edge, fidgeting about, or like hes about to blow his top any second makes me uncomfortable, but it looks like it would be good to watch, il but it on my list, thanks
>>
>>63595435
Definitely Memories Of Murder
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.