[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Homage, inspiration, rip-offs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: perfect-swan.jpg (116 KB, 937x960) Image search: [Google]
perfect-swan.jpg
116 KB, 937x960
ITT Homage, inspiration, rip-offs
>>
I want to watch a Hershlag anime desu
>>
I liked Perfect Blue more than Black Swan.
Perfect Blue had a satisfying ending that gave closure to the main character. Black Swan was just pretentious.
>>
Fuck off to your /a/nti-art board please and thanks.
>>
>>63588915
>he types while posting on a memeboard
>>
>>63588842
they're both garbage desu
>>
>>63588842

Poor Satoshi Kon

Not only he died of cancer but Nolan also plagiarized Paprika to make Inception

Fucking hacks I swear to God
>>
I watched Black Swan, and I was so bored I got drunk afterwards and had no stories to tell about watching Black Swan.
>>
File: wew.jpg (1 MB, 5313x593) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
1 MB, 5313x593
more of a hackjob if anything
>>
>yet another Death Star
Don't care how you dress it up, it's another fucking Death Star

They just had to do it, didn't they?
>>
>>63589010

Any other films/scenes "inspired" by anime?
>>
File: homage_cia.jpg (306 KB, 1368x1308) Image search: [Google]
homage_cia.jpg
306 KB, 1368x1308
I tried.
>>
>>63588842
He literally owns the rights to perfect blue. He bought it to do the bath scene in requiem. How do you not know this? Fucking millenials
>>
>>63589418
Only the good ones
>>
>>63589418
Firefly
Lion King
The Matrix
>>
>>63589591
>Buying the license to something so you can copy scenes and rip it off forever isn't a rip-off
Ok.
>>
>>63589635
It's called appropriation. How dumb can you get?
>>
>>63588842
The thing I find interesting about this comparison is that Black Swan goes the opposite route of Perfect Blue. In Black Swan the protagonist is actually the psycho bitch that Mima was not. It is almost a reverse of the story, told from the oposite perspective.
>>
>>63589671
Get fucked you armchair Warhol, you lazy Lichtenstein. Apropriation is the excuse of too many lazy modern artists.

Of course, taking vauge story ideas and character arcs that weren't too original is different than just copy pasting someone's photo or sampling music. Plus I do think Aronofsky told a different enough story that it is not mere appropriation.
>>
>>63588842
Afnofsky is well known to do homages to anime, there a huge side by side comparison from requim for a dream
>>
>>63589634
>>63589418
I was gonna say how whiney weeaboo idiots said Firefly ripped off Bebop, but you beat me. Hell, probrably even Outlaw Star was bot the first sci fi to have human trafficing with cryo chambers.

Meanwhile, the Wachowskis openly said GitS was used as not only inspiration, but they showed it to Joel Silver as to what cyberpunk tone they were going for.

Also Lion King was an adapation whose deal fell through so they filed off the serial numbers and painted something a bit different with what they had left to work on.
>>
>>63591131
He actually paid royalties or something to adapt that scene in Requiem because he liked it in Perfect Blue so much and it fit his character in his story.
>>
aranofsky made all the actors watch perfect blue before filming began
>>
>>63589010

Nolan had the script before the release of Paprika and Paprika wasn't the first thing where people stole shit from other's dreams.
>>
File: nocountry.png (360 KB, 520x561) Image search: [Google]
nocountry.png
360 KB, 520x561
>>63588842
>>
File: rfad.jpg (163 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rfad.jpg
163 KB, 1024x1024
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.