[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It won't be completely shit >But it won't be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
>It won't be completely shit
>But it won't be very good either
>It will be 'good' but forgettable

What do you want from Star Wars?
>>
File: James-Cameron.jpg (158 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
James-Cameron.jpg
158 KB, 540x720
>>63587217
>What do you want from Star Wars?

I want it to come out already so all the delusional manchildren fanboy faggots will get BTFO when it doesn't even come close to Avatar's gross.

And you?
>>
I don't expect anything.

I feel bad for star wars fans that complain that people are killing the hype.
>>
>>63587217
so basically it will be Disney Quality
>>
>>63587249
>I want it to come out already so all the delusional manchildren fanboy faggots will get BTFO when it doesn't even come close to Avatar's gross.
Nothing would make me happier, but something tells me it's going to be about as mediocre as Marvel capeshit, which will be good enough for the fanbase to keep up their circlejerk.
>>
>>63587249
>Judging movies based on gross
Its Disney and Disney is evil its going to suck as far as actual film is considered
>>
tusken raiders

I love tuskens. IMO, they are the best aspect of Star Wars.
>>
File: rendered-luke[2].jpg (59 KB, 640x597) Image search: [Google]
rendered-luke[2].jpg
59 KB, 640x597
>>63587249
I want it to be a fun fantasy movie in an atmospheric sci-fi setting. Indifferent to what the main storyline is, but don't want endless time wasted on disgusting alien creatures that are a poor mans attempt at a Spielberg. I do not want too many scenes that show how similar it is to modern life. I want concentrated action. I'm not expecting any big twists to come in the trilogy.

My checklist will probably be half ticked when all is said and done.
>>
all i want is fresh memes to shitpost on 4chan with
>>
>>63587325
Exactly. It will be Age of Ultron.
>>
I WANT it to be the triumphant return of Star Wars and blow me away.

Realistically, it's just going to be a safe nostalgia trip with few risks taken.
>>
>>63587384
>>Judging movies based on gross

It's all star wars fans have to brag about. Modern star wars films are artistically bankrupt.
>>
I know it wont but I want it to be disastrously bad
>>
>>63587417
>checklist

Fuck off youre not red letter media you autist
>>
Considering the star wars franchise has one of the better movies ever made (empire) and one of the worst (attack of the clones) that's kinda like predicting a body of water will be wet.
>>
>>63587217
I want it to go away. I'm sick of people pretending to be in LOVE with this series that's had like 2 good movies out of 6.
>>
>>63587217
>What do you want from Star Wars?

For it to end. Why couldn't we just be happy with the OT?
>>
>>63587217
I want a good villain and I want the Jedi and the villain to fight with lightsabers
that's it
I also want more sets to build in lego
>>
File: barbaric.jpg (174 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
barbaric.jpg
174 KB, 600x709
>>63587217
Why don't they make main characters more like Poe?
Poe is already a established rebel pilot who is more relevant to war plot than le ordinary scavenger from some desert planet

Why are normies and Hollywood so obsessed with ordinary boring characters being ''the chosen one''?
>>
>>63588063
They're not as invested in male power fantasy characters as nerds are, for obvious reasons.

The everyday joe becoming a hero is more relatable.
>>
File: 200.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>63588178
which is overdone in many movies, especially capeshit movies, and it's boring

Rey would've been at least interesting if she is a hiding survivor from jedi academy that got destroyed by Knights of Ren.
>>
File: GoneWithTheWind.jpg (219 KB, 1020x1512) Image search: [Google]
GoneWithTheWind.jpg
219 KB, 1020x1512
>>63587249

>implying

Also I can't wait for the Plinkett review of Force Awakens. The Plinkett review of the 2009 Star Trek was positive, so /tv/ is going to go apeshit when he gives a positive review of Force Awakens.
>>
>>63587217

I just want it to finally come out so the marketing blitz will slow down slightly (I'm not naive enough to think it'll stop).

It's been over three decades since a good Star Wars movie was made. I don't know why everyone has such high hopes.
>>
>>63588372
I don't think they do. Most of the people creating hype about this weren't born for the original trilogy. I think people just attach themselves to pop culture to be trendy and be with a like minded crowd.
>>
I expect it to be as good as an average marvel movie, they've got that shit down to a science now. It will be a fun popcorn movie with plenty of memorable scenes and lines. Not as good as the originals sure, but people saying it will be bad or forgettably average to the normal theater goer are crazy. Since /tv/ hates marvel movies though they will undoubtedly hate this.
>>
I want it to be a star wars movie but everything looks like it isn't and its just a marvel movie with star wars paintjob
>>
The people who have already seen it describe it as "not as good as the OT but better than all the prequels" so I'm going off of that
>>
>>63588063
Ordinary people becoming chosen heroes has always been the basis of hero stories since the beginning of human history.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.