[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie is fucking badass. Highly Underrated. Its so refreshing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 5919370414.jpg (104 KB, 317x500) Image search: [Google]
5919370414.jpg
104 KB, 317x500
This movie is fucking badass. Highly Underrated.
Its so refreshing to see an unconventional hero doing the dirty work.
>>
i saw this when i was 9 and I remember hating it. I guess it's time to give it another chance.
>>
File: welcome to darkman.webm (2 MB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
welcome to darkman.webm
2 MB, 1280x694
>>63586075

In Bruce's book he talks about how Raimi originally wanted to use the Shadow but he couldn't get the rights so he just made his own character, worked out pretty well I think.

one thing I couldn't agree with Bruce with though is a cut scene where the main villain bathes on a bed covered in gold coins, they say it was cut because the audience found it unsettling, and while that's true I think the real reason is it sounds way too much like Scrooge mcDuck.
>>
TAKE THE FUCKING ELEPHANT
>>
>turning into Bruce Campbell at the end
Nice.

>>63586984
I audibly laughed at that.
>>
Seems kind of crazy we haven't gotten a remake or a new sequel from Raimi and Liam, considering how popular capeshit is now.
>>
File: The Frighteners.jpg (25 KB, 300x446) Image search: [Google]
The Frighteners.jpg
25 KB, 300x446
>>63586075
ANother great one
>>
>>63587354
From what Ive been gathering, the sequels are ass, so Im not even gonna bother.

>>63587669
Seen it, and I love it. Probably the only decent Peter Jackson movie that isnt the LOTR trilogy.
>>
>>63586075
saw it theatre
first time seeing liam neeson

awesome flick to this day
>>
File: Crimewave_poster.jpg (36 KB, 275x475) Image search: [Google]
Crimewave_poster.jpg
36 KB, 275x475
>Crimewave is a 1985 American comedy film directed by Sam Raimi written by him and the Coen brothers, and starring Louise Lasser, Paul L. Smith, Brion James, Sheree J. Wilson, Edward R. Pressman, Bruce Campbell, and Reed Birney, with Campbell also serving as a producer. Following the commercial success of The Evil Dead (1981), Raimi and Campbell decided to collaborate on another project. Joel Coen of the Coen brothers served as one of the editors on The Evil Dead, and worked with Raimi on the screenplay.

>An unusual slapstick mix of film noir, black comedy and B-movie conventions, the film portrays bizarre situations involving a death row inmate. The film was a box-office flop, and has since fallen into obscurity outside of fans of Campbell and Raimi. Few critics reviewed the film, though the little amount of critical attention it received was mostly negative.
>>
>>63586075
I might give it a shot at some point. On Netflix now.
>>
>>63587669
this movie is terrible. It goes on and on and on. It could've been 45 minutes long.

Darkman is great schlock though.
>>
>>63586075
>he didnt grow up watching darkman
shiggy diggy niggy
>>
>>63588088
>Probably the only decent Peter Jackson movie that isnt the LOTR trilogy.
>Dead Alive
>>
>>63589339
Not to forget based Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and Heavenly Creatures
>>
I wish there were more movies like it tbqh, style to go with the substance, operatic and the perfect length as not to overstay their welcome.
If made today, it would have been too conventionally shot and edited, clean cut, PG13 at most and at least an hour too long with a realistic location setting ala TDK and a score that goes BRMMMMM.
>>
>>63586075
JUST
TAKE THE FOOKIN' ELEPHANT!

>>63589420
Late 80's early 90's Jackson is GOAT
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.